• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avatar of Calamity vs the Hunter

Oh strongest High 7-C vs Strongest Low 7-B who's also a glass cannon.

This_is_going_to_be_good.gif

I'll come back and decide later. Need to look at the profiles first. But I'm more or so leaning towards False Madoka.

False Madoka's duplication and shapeshifting means she can split to several of the magical girls and the Hunter herself, meaning the Hunter's main hope is her black hole creation, but False Madoka could just BFR herself (or the black hole) and lead with a surprise attack.

Oops sorry I was finding the Zorc Solar eclipse feat. Well now I'm back and I think False Madoka takes this via SD's reasoning.

The Hunter actually has experience dealing with multiple enemies at once and even duplicating ones (like the killithids). She also has danmaku-ish weapons if she needs to hit the entire group at once.

Nah, only enemies that duplicate themselves. Not sure if Fake Meguca would be able to copy literally everything tho (there is also the fact that the Hunter starts in time slow via Super Hot Watch)

Well she was able to copy the abilities of the girls from just Homura's memory (Actually now that I think about it, she was also able to copy Madoka...) and while that may be true, False Madoka also has time slow, acceleration, and stop.

Yes, but the Hunters's is passive and it slows down lightning speed attacks to an almost standstill. Plus stuff like the Hexagun fires instantly

Yes but it stops working when the user moves at all doesn't it? (Which should be added as a pretty big weakness to the profile) That sounds like the perfect chance for False Madoka to duplicate her and do the same to the Hunter, essentially equalizing each other.

Only when the user is walking actually. She can still abuse it to aim and snipe (granted, the bullet needs to travelthe distance anyway, but she has guns that hit as soon as they fire [from her perspective obviously]). Also the Hunter technically doesn't need to walk as she has teleportation which doesn't actually interact with the time slow.

Really? Because the wiki you linked to in the explanation of powers states: "The time stop (Pretty sure they meant slow but idk) also affects any actions by players other than moving as well."

It probably means that stuff like the player's projectiles are slowed down I guess. Especially because I do recall abusing it to snipe enemies.

It also gives an example of time moving normally again when one swaps weapons tho.

For an instant only, though. It stands (almost) still while you are aiming. Also the importance of the SHW here is mostly that it gives the Hunter a bit of time to use her other items (go invisible, transmute, time stop or something)

An instant is a bit underselling it, swaping weapons should be a good 1 or 2 seconds (from their perspective I mean). False Madoka could do something as simple, once again as duplication or just stop time in that moment.

That is true, however, if movement is involved, it isn't quite the best choice. Essentially, due to its limitations, it acts more like restricted prep time.

https://youtu.be/ypvoG4dYREk 52:44

^ That looks like an instant to me. I meant the instant of non-slowed time, not the time that would be actually necessary to swap a weapon (also the swap thing doesn't actually apply to the active items such as time stop)

So was the weapon swapping (Not the choosing), which shows game mechanics in place.

It makes me want to understand something in the Wraith Arc but I gave up already ovo.

I'm still confused about parts.

I think False Madoka even had magical girl Madoka as a form (but weaker or something), but I don't remember because how weird it is. (Which reminds me, I need to re-read it)

@SD

Do you mean that not applying to items is? Because even if it does, the opening would be while the item is being activated. And a lot are instant

Btw are we sure that the clones that fake Madoka can make would be as though as the Hunter? The most durable clone that she made was high end Low 7-C

SomebodyData said:
I'm still confused about parts.

I think False Madoka even had magical girl Madoka as a form (but weaker or something), but I don't remember because how weird it is. (Which reminds me, I need to re-read it)
Yeah now that I think about it I never understood the wraith arc at all. I guess i should also reread it.

Nah, I meant the length of the time moving back to normal considering how short swapping weapons was.

Well she was able to copy Mami who was already Low 7-B, so I wouldn't doubt it.

I schnee.

AP, not dura. Only magical girl reaching a similar level durability wise is the real Madoka, but she hasn't made an actual copy of her.

Also are we sure that they are both going to start 100% by haxing the other at first sight without actually, you know, fight?

Well it wouldn't quite make sense why it would only cap out for dura before ap.

Well, False Madoka did try abusing duplication and tried using time manipulation in Wraith Arc so I would assume so for her case. What about the Hunter?

The Hunter doesn't have a very developed character, but stuff like transmutation is made via passive attacks and since they start at the maximum range fair for both, i'd assume that she would lead with a sniper rifle as a weapon (as it can actually hit false Madoka to begin with) and probably the black hole gun when false Madoka starts spamming copies. We do know that she tends to go for the kill rather easily and this is even more true when she is in a dangerous situation however.

This also reminds me that I forgot the resistances to transmutation and black holes. Welp CRT time.

Also now I wonder about what would came out if Fake Madoka was devolved

I need to read the wraith arc now. Fake meguca sounds like interisting big baddy.

Anyway, leaning to FM for now. From what I read in her profile, FM duplication is...pretty broken. Not only she can abuse the hell out of it but her duplications are stronger than the original.

Yes

All the reasoning for False Madoka works with AoC btw, only AoC is significantly more broken.

The place where the Hunter is doomed to live (and die and resurrect) forever. Basically a dungeon made of 8 floors one deeper than the other.

The immortality works via time rewind (canon explanation for starting a new run basically) and it has been show to work after the characters get their soul busted.

Back