• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attempting to debunk Super Mario 64 power star (yet again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about green screen effects, but a cave and then a vague sky background can't be provably higher than Tier 8 anyways. Maybe creating a lava sea if we take it literally can be Tier 7?? That's a maybe

That's too speculative. But yeah, maybe we can use the smallest "sea" there is and assume the lava sea is as big as that and then change the water values to suit lava. But again, this feat would still be via multiple Stars so if it was Tier 7 it's likely a single Star is like, Tier 8 by dividing anyways.

One could maybe even make a case the Stars could each be Building from dividing if we treat it as an 8-A feat or 8-B

2 mods agree. The consensus seems to have reached a natural conclusion due to the translations so I doubt there will be any counterarguments either.

We probably need a few more to add the changes.

What the other staff members have accepted here can probably be applied now.

Also, what I mentioned about Bowser's footnotes section still seems like a good idea to me, based on TheNinthHour's translation.

Any volunteers who can give a summary what exactly to apply and make changes to the pages accordingly?

Someone should make a blog listing the feats that aren't correct in the Mario series and have Bowser creating the painting worlds in Mario 64 there with the clear evidence for it given here.

Basically, we've accepted that the Power Stars shouldn't have the painting creations listed as a feat. 4-A should be removed entirely as there aren't any other feats to support the tier.

For now, it would be best to scale them to the base cast which would now get a solid 3-C rating due to scaling to Grand Stars and Lumas, which will be talked about in a different thread.

If we really need it, add in footnotes for Bowser and the Power Stars themselves something about it being a common misconception that Bowser created the Painting Worlds with the Power Stars due to the original japanese text not supporting the feat

I am also fine with if Fox handles applying this change.

I could try to add them but it would take some trial and effort on my part as I'm on mobile. If it's fine with everyone else it would probably take some time. I might be busy as well today

I've made most of the edits, but Mario and Luigi should probably be unlocked too. This kind of thing would apply to the whole verse but for now I'm gonna avoid wanting to edit every single 4-A until the Galaxy thread has a consensus since the ratings may just change again.

The remake already has like, a potential Tier 6 feat in Giant Bowser launching Peach's Castle around the planet but yeah.

And said Castle as we know is much more expansive inside than it seems on the outside. I don't think using the cutscene measurements would be fully accurate. Though I believe it did already get calced and was Low 6-B. Idk

I personally prefer the OG, I really have no idea why they did a remake when you can still play the OG on the 3DS, also I've seen some of the cut scenes for the remake, and less is more imo for Giant Bowser

Although, do the Black Holes in the castle fight count as black holes?

Edit: Although you could make a case for 6-B because of Donkey Kong

Last edited:
I personally prefer the OG, I really have no idea why they did a remake when you can still play the OG on the 3DS, also I've seen some of the cut scenes for the remake, and less is more imo for Giant Bowser

Although, do the Black Holes in the castle fight count as black holes?

Edit: Although you could make a case for 6-B because of Donkey Kong
Doesn't matter what you prefer. Remake takes precedence.

Black holes apparently wouldn't scale according to old threads.

Donkey Kong isn't relevant. The characters already scale way higher

I've made most of the edits, but Mario and Luigi should probably be unlocked too. This kind of thing would apply to the whole verse but for now I'm gonna avoid wanting to edit every single 4-A until the Galaxy thread has a consensus since the ratings may just change again.
Thank you for helping out. I will unlock the Mario and Luigi pages. Please link to any other pages that you need us to unlock, if it is required.

Okay. I will check if they need to be unlocked as well.

Last edited:
I have unlocked Mario, Luigi, Paper Mario, and Donkey Kong. Bowser was already unlocked.

@Foxthefox1000

I posted a message on your wall about your edits. They were extremely sloppily applied, I did not notice any good justifications for the 3-C and "At least 3-C" statistics that you inserted, the tier categories were not updated, the statistics were incoherent, and I am not sure that you were even allowed to apply most of these changes. I thought that you were only going to remove all scaling from Bowser supposedly creating painting worlds. All of this strongly needs to be addressed and likely corrected.

Ant I literally said it would be best to make the cast 3-C with these removed and that's what I did. I apologize for the sloppy edits but I tried my best with mobile and wasn't aware of the categories. I changed the justifications to only mention Grand Stars and them creating galaxies because Power Stars are no longer what we scale them to and have literally no feats beyond scaling.

The base cast scale to Grand Stars and Lumas, and currently we do scale Power Stars to 3-C for ostensibly being comparable to Lumas (which is being discussed in another thread).

I thought the changes were fine. But someone else can do them if they're not fine because clearly I don't know what's right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back