• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At Least Universal DMC and more continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have an argument. I factually did. I addressed and deconstructed every single point you have in the opening of the thread, and have yet to receive any attempted at answering them fairly with new ideas.

Instead, apparently all of my opposition is reduced to bias and personal incredulities, which is just not true.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Cryo
Did you not read Cal's post. Did you not read my own post? He pointed out the exact same upgrade attempts with Kirby and Zelda, both of which not only had more evidence than Devil May Cry has, but were similarly rejected, But you can't just steamroll all opposition and accuse them of bias and being unreasonable and accuse others of unprofessionalism just because they disagree.

Like the person below you said, calm down and try to look at the other perspective with an open mind.
I'm not referring to anyone as biased. Nor do I need to calm down (as I am perfectly calm). I am objectively stating that no arguments have been satisfactorily made and that time is being wasted on a back-and-forth.

Seriously, do you still have an argument against the upgrades? Or will you vaguely say that it doesn't work?

@Matthew Schroeder

Your points were already contested and debunked before your post, I wasn't the only one who noticed you didn't say anything new.

The real cal howard said:
nothing to glance over. It's even a big deal when tier 4s do it. It's going to take a lot of evidence to convince people. If you really wanna quiet Matt, find an explicit quote that says something very similar to Argosax's power being the cause of the fusio. This is what Azzy asked me every single time when I tried to upgrade Zelda. If you can't find anything saying that, then imo it's a wrap. If you can, I mean, it would still be an outlier, but it would quiet the bit about it being false.
There was already a quote posted from the DMC2 guidbook saying "stop the demon world from consuming our universe" which is talking about what Argosax is causing and is furthur explained by Arius saying "everything that belongs to the demons will eventually return to it's original form" and what he means by original form is when the human and demon world were originally one with the nothing but unending darkness and chaos.This is all backed up by demons name = power and being literal a concept introduced in the DMC3 manga.Argosax The Chaos and the Despair Embodied reverting the universe to it's original state which was unending darkness and chaos, and nothing suggests this was going to be done through portals.

Bed time, will reply when and If I can tomorrow.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I did have an argument. I factually did. I addressed and deconstructed every single point you have in the opening of the thread, and have yet to receive any attempted at answering them fairly with new ideas.
That's the thing, Matt-boi, they are precisely saying they have moved on from stuff from the OP. That's why I suggested a new thread be made with the more recent topics.

I've been trying not to say more than I need to in this thread, since without tone and context my words often sound 10x more aggressive than they are supposed to be, and this thread is already too aggressive as it is. I'm just going to say that things are getting out of hand. I still agree with the upgrades myself, but if we want to come to a conclusion about this one way or the other we need to keep calm about this.

@Dienomite. That's not what I asked for though. I asked for it saying that Argosax's power was directly causing the world fusion. I don't deny that the universes were being fused, nor do I deny that it was Argosax's intent. What I need to know is how Argosax caused it. Not various workarounds to assume that his power caused it. Not any of the name stuff. Legit, a statement that all but says Argosax's power is making the demon world fuse with the human world. Again, this is 3-A, not some random tier. We need hard evidence, and more than usual, because feats for this verse don't approach this tier.

Personally I am nutreal on the upgrade but since it's seems like nothing on the dissagreement side si going beyond " there's no other feats at this level so it's obviously an outlir." I'm just going to say what I think but not actually Argue.

Base on the OP the feats seems acceptable but I don't think 3-A is a safe tier since there's no detailed information on the different dimension being mentioned, so I think either 4-C or maybe 4-A would be fine since more information would be needed for 3-A IMO.

About the Outlier claim, just because one or two feats, done by people clearly above almost all of the rest of the characters, is beyond any other feat doesn't make it an outlier atomatically, Bloodborne goes from 9 or 8 normally, to 5-A for high tiers, to 4-C for top and god tiers so a feat that only scals to maybe 5 characters doesn't make it an outlier. More so when two of them, Sparda and Mundus, was stated to be stronger then all demons from the demon worlds so you will need more then just ' larger then any feat' to proof that it's an outlier.

Again I'm still nutreal on the feat i just wanted to state my opinion on it.

@Lephyr

The stuff being discussed is pretty much still the same.

Dienomite in particular is still using the same year-old arguments involving guidebooks, tweets, unreliable statements and the name element which has been addressed so many times it's not even funny.

Who cares what a demon's name means. They are not literally those things.

Since this is at 500 posts, I'm closing this thread. I would recommend not making a new thread but I know people will do it no matter what.

But if someone eventually makes it, let it be someone capable of approaching the issue calmly and politely. Not Dienomite, and not Paradox either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back