• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta vs Hagoromo Otsutsuki - Anti-Magic GG vs COAT GG

==Explanation and Conditions==
I was looking through the non smurf thread, saw who occupied the 5-C tier, and realized a recently updated profile should probably be on this list. So I decided to create this match to see if Hagoromo is placeable on this list or not. (I also just find the match really funny)

SBA and Speed Equalized (if it's accepted that Hags wins Speed Equalized, I will then unequalize the speed and see if Hags can kick Asta entirely off his current position instead of just Hags sharing the position with him)
==Profiles==
Asta

vs

Hags
==Voting==
Asta - @Spectra_Schiffer, @KingArthur561, @Joshyyy_64, @Epsilon_R, @Arnoldstone18, @Xinsignia1, @Lokolokurah

Hags - @Excellence616, @DavidTPPM, @Halkum145, @karo_senpaii, @Godernet, @Shadowbokunohero, @TauanVictor, @Arc7Kuroi

Neutral - @Dark_Soul20189

Last edited:
Ingenious
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Which key Hagoromo is this? Juubi Jinchuriki and ghost have pretty different win cons.
Either way Hagoromo should stomp speed =. He has like billion different win cons, regeneration, busted IQ/skill, etc.
Unequalizing speed might be good but Ghost Hags would be necessary because so he can regen since the speed gap is pretty massive.

Hagoromo tells Asta that he reminds him of his son Asura and proceeds to give him the sun mark and six paths senjutsu and sends him back to go fight Lucius or something
I think it should go something like this quite literally.

But this isn't a way to solve matches here in the wiki so I'm following

So, what does Coat do exactly?
this:

Subjective Reality, Life Manipulation, Creation, Power Bestowal, Healing, Biological Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction, Soul Manipulation, and Empathic Manipulation (Creation of All things is an ability that allows Hagoromo to "turn fantasy into reality" and "create form out of naught" using the power of Yin-Yang Release. Yin-Yang Release is comprised of Yin Release, which governs mental energies and imagination that can create form from naught, and Yang Release, which governs physical energies that can instill life into any form created. It's from these two individual powers that all Jutsu sprung forth into existence, and in fact, all forms of Ninjutsu are considered but mere fragments of Yin-Yang Release.[92] This ability is also considered the parent Jutsu for Izanagi, which is nothing more than a practical application of Creation of All Things.[93] By combining both aspects of Yin-Yang Release that the Uchiha and Senju each possessed respectively[94], which essentially recreates Hagoromo's original power[93], the Izanagi can rid the user of anything disadvantageous, such as injury or death, by casting an illusion on the user and turning their unwanted reality into a dream, illusion, or nonreality; however, anything advantageous such as the user's own attacks remain "real".[95] It's a Jutsu that ties reality and illusion together, and makes fantasy into a reality.[93] Using these principles, the Sage of Six Paths was able to create many things.[92][93] He was able to split the Ten Tails' chakra, its soul, into nine separate pieces. From these fragments, he was able to create the nine Bijū. He gave them nine distinct bodies, based upon legendary creatures[96] and Yōkai[97] he already had knowledge of in his imagination, which were inspired by Astronomy and the Star Lines game.[98] He bestowed upon them unique physiologies, personalities, abilities[99][100][101], and breathed life into them in a literal sense.[92] He also gave them emotions and the ability to empathize[102], which is notable because the Ten Tails had no emotions whatsoever[103], and was said to lack the "concept of emotions".[101] It was also said that Hagoromo created many other things using this technique[93], which likely includes his Sacred Ninja Tools. A fragment of this ability also allowed Naruto to reverse the effects of the Gate of Death and save Guy's life[104], create a brand new eye for Kakashi[105], heal Obito[106], and even temporarily halt his complete disintegration[107])

Like, I already read the abilities, I'm more so asking why would that be enough to take Asta out? Especially since some of these hax like SR, Life manip, or Bio manip, are context dependent.

And Asta can either negate or just outright resists the rest of them.

IIRC, Asta has natural resistance to precog since his future can't be read, while having precog himself via ki. So the speed advantage should still be in his favor regardless, unless missing something.

I'm ngl, I still don't understand how is COAT supposed to be helpful as a win con. That being said Hagoromos actual hax would be

• EE and molecular deconstruction with TSO
  • Several paralysis inducement techniques (rinnegan rods, rinnegan chains, SPCT, human path,
  • Layered genjutsu (not 100% sure on this)
  • Several sealing techniques (chibaku tensei, SPCT, Naraka path, etc)
There's more but I'm not sure whether this is chakra ghost Hagoromo or alive Hagoromo. Alive Hags would also have sealing with one of his ninja tools while spirit Hags would have incorporeality, time hax, better healing, and type 7 immortality.
Also
Asta has natural resistance to precog since his future can't be read, while having precog himself via ki.
I don’t think that should counter Hagoromos precog because Hagoromos precog doesn't actually look into the future

There's more but I'm not sure whether this is chakra ghost Hagoromo or alive Hagoromo
SBA assumes the version that is the strongest overall is used unless specified otherwise by the OP. I don't know which version this is, which is why I decided to just assume general SBA qualifiers and allow Naruto fans to debate it out on which version should be considered under that guideline.

SBA assumes the version that is the strongest overall is used unless specified otherwise by the OP. I don't know which version this is, which is why I decided to just assume general SBA qualifiers and allow Naruto fans to debate it out on which version should be considered under that guideline.
Does Asta have NPI? I can't see it on his profile and Ghost Hagoromo has incorporeality so he would most likely be the stronger version in that case.

Does Asta have NPI? I can't see it on his profile and Ghost Hagoromo has incorporeality so he would most likely be the stronger version in that case.

It’s on his profile. He can also interact with souls and spirits via antimagic.

I don’t think that should counter Hagoromos precog because Hagoromos precog doesn't actually look into the future

Then how does it work? And is it combat applicable? Because on his profile it's noted he foresaw his death, and many events that happened would happen in the 4th Shinobu war. Asta has shown resistance to multiple forms of precog, even divinations.

Then how does it work? And is it combat applicable? Because on his profile it's noted he foresaw his death, and many events that happened would happen in the 4th Shinobu war. Asta has shown resistance to multiple forms of precog, even divinations.
Oh that's just like 1/3 of his precog abilities. There are also
And
Likely Sharingan (Analytical Prediction (The Sharingan allows its user to clearly anticipate their opponent's next moves and flawlessly counter them[16]. A fully matured Sharingan can even see a clear visual image of the opponent's next moves[25], allowing for efficient evasion and counterattacks without any wasted movements),)
Sage mode pretty much senses danger while sharingan shows you where the opponent is going to move by analyzing your muscles and whatnot iirc.

Then Asta should definitely resist all of the above

Asta has Ki resistance, ki, is basically Sharingan and Sage Mode combined, with more stuff too.

And Divination doesn't work on Asta either.

I'm ngl, I still don't understand how is COAT supposed to be helpful as a win con. That being said Hagoromos actual hax would be

• EE and molecular deconstruction with TSO
  • Several paralysis inducement techniques (rinnegan rods, rinnegan chains, SPCT, human path,
  • Layered genjutsu (not 100% sure on this)
  • Several sealing techniques (chibaku tensei, SPCT, Naraka path, etc)
TSO would be negated by Anti-Magic

The Paralysis/Restraining techniques could be undone by Asta's Causality Manipulation, same thing for Genjutsu.

Idk anything about Nakara path, but Asta should be able to break through any Chibaku tensei the old Hag can pull

Asta has Ki resistance, ki, is basically Sharingan and Sage Mode combined, with more stuff too.
Can you explain further? Especially about sage mode which literally just senses danger.
TSO would be negated by Anti-Magic
TSO is power null itself. So I don't see why or how would anti magic negate it.
The Paralysis/Restraining techniques could be undone by Asta's Causality Manipulation, same thing for Genjutsu.
Can you uhm, explain further? That's pretty vague given how versatile the abilities are.
Idk anything about Nakara path, but Asta should be able to break through any Chibaku tensei the old Hag can pull
SPCT is power null so how? And Naraka allows Hags to seal away Astas soul iirc.

No, sure KI can recreate some of the powers that those forms also have but being resistant to a mechanism that gives powers isnt the same as resisting the powers itself, Ki is much closer to sensory abilities than Dojutsu precog

Can you explain further? Especially about sage mode which literally just senses danger.
Sensing Danger or incoming attacks is something that Ki can do.

Same thing about sharingans' analysis of muscle movements, ki can do that, but also analyse your mere presence or even emotional state.

I can't sends scans yet so you'll have to trust me on this one for now
TSO is power null itself. So I don't see why or how would anti magic negate it.
Unless I'm mistaken, they are made from Chakra, I think the profiles even mentions it being made by chakra.

Edit: I was right "Truth-Seeking Balls are spheres of jet black, high density, and malleable chakra comprised of all five fundamental nature transformations"

Asta should negate it, and it being power null itself won't work on Asta because of his pnull resistance.

Can you uhm, explain further? That's pretty vague given how versatile the abilities are.
Basically, he can revert Causality to remove effects of spells as if they were never casted in the first place. He broke through Paralysis and Restraining techniques with it several times.

And because of his constant flow of Anti-Magic, it's hardly possible to affect his body with magic or Mana to begin with
SPCT is power null so how? And Naraka allows Hags to seal away Astas soul iirc.
Asta resists layered Powernull.

Asta resists Soul Manipulation too, so I'm not too sure about that. how does he cast Naraka btw?

No, sure KI can recreate some of the powers that those forms also have but being resistant to a mechanism that gives powers isnt the same as resisting the powers itself, Ki is much closer to sensory abilities than Dojutsu precog
..???
Idk how the confusion happened, but Asta outright resists the abilities that ki gives, Analytical Prediction included. That's why he has the resistance on his profile in the first place

Back