• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AzuRizzz

She/Her
Thor (MCU) vs Asta (Post-Time Skip)

Scenario: Thor descended after hearing that there's a "devil" that suddenly appeared and as an Avenger he went to deal with it

Upon meeting asta, he boasts himself as the god of thunder giving "judgement" to the "impure devil"

While Asta thinks that Thor is one of Lucius's paladins the way he introduced himself thus convincing him to battle.

- Both at "6-B" key.

- Thor has Stormbreaker (capped to 6-B).

- Asta can't transform.

- Both starts at 15 meters apart.

- Speed Equalized.

Asta:7

Thor:0

Last edited:
I still don´t know if Thor from the movies has magic or if he is channeling electricity from the enviroment

Second: Asta precogs everything he does or can Thor match precog users?

I still don´t know if Thor from the movies has magic or if he is channeling electricity from the enviroment
He's summoning actual lightning rather than producing it through magic.

Thor's magic revolves around enchantment and being able to bestow powers.

Thor's AP's at 39.56 Teratons vs Asta's "much stronger than" 31.44 (I think) Teratons, so ThunderGuy has a below-1.26x AP advantage. Slight, but barely enough to make a difference, I think.

Thor has a LS advantage of at least Class M vs Asta's Class K, so if they clash weapons he's going to win, but I think after that happens at least once (maybe even before due to Ki precog) Asta won't let it happen again, so it's kind of a moot point.

Thor's slower here, so Asta's speed is getting dropped down, but to a degree where he should still absolutely be capable of dodging lightning, even more so with Ki precog.

I think Asta's only real options here (since Thor's lightning isn't magic apparently) are getting close and absolutely mollywhopping Thor with his swords, but Thor massively outranges here (kilometers vs several dozen metres) and has flight to keep Asta from doing much. Anti-Magic lad also has flight with his Demon-Slayer sword, but that makes it an air-to-air fight, where (again) Thor outranges, and if it becomes a physical weapon clash Asta loses out due to lower LS.

Thor's also got Mid-Low regen that works near-instantly when holding Stormbreaker (which he has here) so Asta isn't gonna be leaving any lasting damage tbf.

I vote ThunderGuy.

Last edited:
Asta isn't Class K, he's Class G, and he's 62.88 Teratons
The page says he is Class K, outdated?

Also, why his transformations are banned? Is just "higher" ap, not a different tier, I don´t think transformations can be banned if the tier does not change

Asta isn't Class K, he's Class G, and he's 62.88 Teratons
Ah, in that case my point about Asta losing weapon clashes goes out of the window, especially with the now nearly 2x AP advantage. OP didn't specify Heart Kingdom Arc or Spade Raid Arc.

IF using Spade Raid Arc, Black Asta jumps from 6-B to High 6-A which is no bueno, and off limits.
If using Heart Kingdom Arc, then Black Asta is a 2x speed and AP amp which could turn the tables in his favour. LS also gets a 2x amp but it's still Class K so it won't do much.
This all hinges on Thor fighting physically, which I assume he wouldn't do upon learning Asta can overpower him like that? I don't know much about MCU Thor but his profile says he's got millenia of experience fighting, and it doesn't take a genius to know someone hitting 2x as hard as you can isn't a good matchup for you, which'l just encourage him to go for the ranged lightning spam even MORE.

, which'l just encourage him to go for the ranged lightning spam even MORE.
Extremely coward tactic for someone like Thor plus he can´t run from Asta, he is extremely slow in movement speed, while in BC the first wizard king has FTL movement speed and he is fodder to this Asta

Extremely coward tactic for someone like Thor plus he can´t run from Asta, he is extremely slow in movement speed, while in BC the first wizard king has FTL movement speed and he is fodder to this Asta
In regards to tactics, fair enough, in which case I'm not entirely certain. Lower AP (at least against Heart Kingdom Arc Black Asta), but far higher LS which wins out with ease if it becomes an extended struggle.

What speed is Asta being equalised to? Asta doesn't have separate combat/reactions/movement, so which of Thor's is he being lowered to? Thor's Subsonic+ movement speed, his Rel+ combat and reactions, or his Massively Hypersonic flight/hammer recall speed?

Combat speed, that is the rule
In which case Asta massively outspeeds, Thor can move at ~200m/s from being comparable to Hulk vs Asta's adjusted 0.7c, his ass is not avoiding a melee fight.

While Thor has the combat speed to keep up in a H2H (or weapon to weapon I guess but you know what I mean), range is now no longer a problem for Asta. I think his Ki precog will massively help him out here, as (assuming Thor's lightning is natural 4.4e+5 m/s lightning) he isn't getting hit by a single one of them and can easily dodge all of Thor's attacks, considering the only precog he has doesn't seem to be combat applicable? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Asta's skill, while less than Thor's, in combination with his precog and the ability to force a CQC fight (by being able to move significantly faster than Thor) as well as the ability to amp himself to a 2x AP and speed advantage (if using Heart Kingdom Arc Asta, where he can enter Black Form) as well as surpass his limits the longer the fight goes on helps a lot.

Though even with all this, Asta still has to bypass Mid-Low regen. He can negate High-Mid but only if it's magical in nature, which it doesn't appear to be here? I'm not sure how Stormbreaker works.

Last edited:
I mean, Mid-Low is a pretty bad level of regen, of Asta cuts his arm, Thor can't regen from it
Oh, my bad. I misread Mid-Low as Low-Mid, so it's not as bad as I thought but nigh-instant injury regen is pretty tough. Only way Asta's beating that is via only hitting with high single-attack damage.

I think he could. Yami, who's at least a comparable if not superior skill level to Asta realised he had to do exactly that against Dante Zogratis (who has High-Mid and regenned his entire torso getting nuked) and literally created a new attack on the spot. Given, it didn't work, but that's because his regen is magical in nature and his stamina is incredibly high due to having his own large reserves of mana and being able to borrow from Lucifero's (tl;dr even though Yami created a way to damage him, he outlasts via having significantly more stamina to fuel his regen).

It's not too far for Asta to go "alright scratches and stabs aren't working" and bust out Black Divider which has even higher AP than his Black Form to either dice up or bisect Thor. Not necessarily that he could, but he's definitely smart enough to realise he has to near-oneshot him to bypass the regen (again, Black Form is only relevant if this is Heart Kingdom Arc Asta, OP didn't specify).

Last edited:
Spade kingdom raid arc
Asta has a nearly 2x AP advantage now. He can't enter Black Form since that'd jump him to High 6-A but it's still quite significant.

Thor doesn't really have any major wincons that aren't countered I'm seeing here.

Outranged? Isn't happening since Thor moves way slower than his combat speed and Asta won't let him get away.
He doesn't have any notable hax to speak of aside from pseudo-TK.
He has Class T LS but I don't see that becoming relevant since Asta is SIGNIFICANTLY faster (in movement speed, combat speed is =) and he has way way better precog to avoid getting grappled. You could argue Thor has more skill (and he probably does) but at the rate Asta grows I think he'd just end up copying and countering Thor's fighting style and beating him around with Black Divider (which he can use without entering Black form and buffs his AP.)

Do correct me if I've made any incorrect assumptions.

Asta gg.

Last edited:
Back