• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta challenges the King of Knights!

She have Avalon in this key? Futhermore, wasn't Avalon optional equipment?
The key she's in is when Rin is her Master, and I don't think she even had Avalon Stay/Night. Shirou did. And I didn't give it to her in the OP, so, no, she doesn't even have it and wouldn't even use it.

Standard Equipment: Her armor, materialized through her power, Excalibur, Invisible Air, and Avalon.
Even if she does have it, which I don't really think she does as in this key it'd be Stay/Night Saber who does not have Avalon, she wouldn't use it since, well, don't think a chivalrous knight would use an item that would pretty much make it a completely one-sided beatdown.

This is honestly a really cool match. Are Servants made of magic, or am I tripping on that? Either way I saw something about a 4-D resistance, correct me if I'm wrong.

If this comes down to AP and skill though, I think Saber has the slight edge. She probably wins 60% of the time I'd say

This is honestly a really cool match. Are Servants made of magic, or am I tripping on that? Either way I saw something about a 4-D resistance, correct me if I'm wrong.

If this comes down to AP and skill though, I think Saber has the slight edge. She probably wins 60% of the time I'd say
Saber does indeed have 4-D resistances. Check the Servant Physiology page.

Most of the time Servants ARE made of Magic, but, due to specific circumstances in lore, Saber has a normal, physical body, unlike the common servant, who have bodies formed from Ether/Mana.

Hey, hey! I have been observing this match in the background, and want to say that all of the arguments for Saber have made me want to vote for Saber FRA!

Most of the time Servants ARE made of Magic, but, due to specific circumstances in lore, Saber has a normal, physical body, unlike the common servant, who have bodies formed from Ether/Mana.
I've watched Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night's 3 routes, I know what her deal is and what makes her unique from other Servants

If she had a magic body, Asta would just slice once and she'd be ******* annihilated, but since she doesn't, I'm voting for Saber

I've watched Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night's 3 routes, I know what her deal is and what makes her unique from other Servants

If she had a magic body, Asta would just slice once and she'd be ******* annihilated, but since she doesn't, I'm voting for Saber
You asked if she had a body of magic, I answered lol.

And Asta would do this via Magic power Nullification which gets extremely hard resisted.

It is absolutely hilarious to me that Asta's gimmick, so to speak, is 100% no-sold by every servant's magic resistance - and probably the other 6-C Human characters in the nasuverse as well due to all of them sharing the same 4-D Resistances by default.

Nasuverse was built to ratio Asta.
Kek. Tbf, there are quite a few Nasuverse characters that Asta can score a win with. Like a lot of the protags, for example: F/SN Shirou (with the expectation of Fate!Shirou since he is too weak), Aoko, F/KL Illya (in her Magical Girl Key or her Class Card(s) Key), Sieg, and... possibly more but I forgot the name of.

Asta gets 100% shit-stomped by the Shiki(s) but mostly due to their MEoDP than anything else.

Nah, if you are talking about EMIYA. He'll probably just turn into spirit form to sneak away from Asta and go far enough away so he can repeatedly snipe at Asta with AoE Exploding Arrows that he can't negate until he dies. After all, while he does know how to swordfight, he is a archer at heart... Also, Tracing is bullshit, and it could possibly be argued that (any) Emiya can trace Asta's swords.

To be fair it's not like they just write these verses thinking "**** yes, can't wait to dunk on some Japanese IP a few decades"

You asked if she had a body of magic, I answered lol.

And Asta would do this via Magic power Nullification which gets extremely hard resisted.
Someone else said that if magic is materialized into some kind of energy then it'd work on Servants. AM is an actual energy that exists so would the AM be able to nullify Saber or would it just work as a normal type of energy?

I still consider this a stomp when Asta can´t use powers and Saber Skill stomps+ one shots with law/spatial/causality attacks

No, that's a blatant lie lol. She's never used those attacks straight-up in a one on one unless she was hard bloodlusted which she is not. Don't believe everything you see at face value without first confirming it.

No, that's a blatant lie lol. She's never used those attacks straight-up in a one on one unless she was hard bloodlusted which she is not. Don't believe everything you see at face value without first confirming it.
I said that based from Ji Ning vs Artoria tbh, i remembee Expectro said that she'll use those stuff depending on the situation on top with Excalibur haxes, i could be wrong so just ignore it lel

I said that based from Ji Ning vs Artoria tbh, i remembee Expectro said that she'll use those stuff depending on the situation on top with Excalibur haxes, i could be wrong so just ignore it lel
Depending on the situation. This isn't a situation where she'd use such hax. She isn't bloodlusted, she's not at any hard disadvantage, and its a 1v1. She has no in-character incentive to use conceptual hax.

Back