• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
People don't understand what an outlier is. An outlier is a feat which is contradicted by other feats (I.E. The guy who tanked a supernova getting washed by a 20 kiloton nuclear bomb).
Nah the outlier here being Dante possibly scaling to 5-B when he has no backing statements, but lucifero has the statements but not the feats.
  1. "They're stronger" is different from "they scale to planetary levels of threats"
  2. A character stronger than the Dark Triad had people ******** bricks over destroying the world, so no, it makes no sense that Dante can actually just output power on that level (greater than that, actually)
  3. I don't care about whataboutisms
This is objectively an outlier
As epsilon said, Lucifero looks better for this kind of thing because it's his own birth magic, lucifero would physically scale to it.
I'd have no problem asking to apply a possible of a full on 5-B rating to lucifero knowing that he clearly has statements to go with it.
Further backed by the fact jack was unable to harm lucifero whilst being amped but could injure a 100% Dante.

Lucifero's 5-B statements are considered too dubious to begin with, so there's absolutely no way Dante having any sort of 5-B scaling would fly

1 was an attack, and the other was literal presence that has 2-3 statements while Lucius also has a planetary statement (the world will collapse if he isn’t stopped) which is then farther backed up by the fact that leviathan only wakes up if the world is in danger of being destroyed and the statement even comes from the witch queen which can look into the future.
Lucius's statement is absolutely not usable considering Lucius's goal isn't destruction of the world: it's killing humanity and bringing them back in immortal bodies. Not to mention, Lucius wants to take control of all the magic in the world, not destroy the world

And Lucifero's statements aren't considered usable to begin with, because "destroy the world" is vague without further context
The way they would destroy the world is vastly different. Dante kinda has a planetary statement .as well. There isn’t really anything you could claim to be an outlier.
Dante has nothing that would be considered a planetary statement. This is an outlier, and assuming nothing new of note is brought to the table, I'm not changing this stance

Lucifero's 5-B statements are considered too dubious to begin with, so there's absolutely no way Dante having any sort of 5-B scaling would fly
Why would it be dubious in the first place? It is backed up by things like multipliers,other statements,stated multiple times,and even Lucius who absorbed his power. has a planetary statement.

Why would it be dubious in the first place? It is backed up by things like multipliers,other statements,stated multiple times,and even Lucius who absorbed his power. has a planetary statement.
Lucius doesn't have a planetary statement and I've explained why. And multipliers only get these characters into High 6-A, and only characters that are stronger than Lucifero even touch Tier 5

It's dubious because the means by which this is done, along with how long it would take, are completely unknown. It could mean just about anything

Lucius's statement is absolutely not usable considering Lucius's goal isn't destruction of the world: it's killing humanity and bringing them back in immortal bodies. Not to mention, Lucius wants to take control of all the magic in the world, not destroy the world

And Lucifero's statements aren't considered usable to begin with, because "destroy the world" is vague without further context

Dante has nothing that would be considered a planetary statement. This is an outlier, and assuming nothing new of note is brought to the table, I'm not changing this stance

Lucius statement not being usable is straight up BS. His goal is irrelevant to his capabilities. It is stated by the witch queen and backed up by substantial evidence.

EVEN MY DIVINATION

...SHOWS

THAT IF NOTHING IS DONE, THE WORLD WILL COLLAPSE!

"WHEN THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH, THE DRAGON OF THE RAGING SEA WILL AWAKEN FROM ITS LONG SLUMBER.'

JUST AS THE LEGEND GOES, THE SEA GOD WOKE UP.

I think this alone should be enough. It even confirms that as the legend says. The sea god woke up,cause the end of the world is near with the whole world soon to collapse from what was seen from the future.

Lucius is objectively not going to destroy the world. The world is collapsing and the end of the world is coming because of what he intends to do (kill humanity and take control of all the world's magic). You can call it whatever you want, but those are the facts

Back