• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(MOVIE SPOILERS) Black Clover: Sword of the Wizard King abilities addition Part 1

Epsilon_R

He/Him
It feels like forever since I made a CRT.

I won't include pictures for the abilities, because Netflix doesn't want me to for one, but also because the movie just came out. That's also why I only want to tackle the clear cut, non-plot related abilities showcased during the movie. I can only advise you to watch the movie before giving your input on this CRT (Or just trust everything I'll say).

Oh and one last thing:

The movie is supervised by the author Tabata. He made sure to even create a Volume 23.5 (which is right after volume 23 and 24, where the movie takes place) that basically follows the events of the movie.

Resistance to Temperature Manipulation

There's a bunch of characters resisting either hot or cold temperatures.

Black Bulls

You have the Black Bulls somewhat resisting Edward's Absolute Zero, they are not completely frozen but they still have trouble breathing and can barely move.

Mana Skin

Noelle activates Mana Skin which makes her move a little more, but still cannot breathe well.

Noelle

Noelle finally activates her Valkyrie Dress, which makes her body straight up unaffected by it to the point of breaking out of the ice on her own.

This gives Resistance to Cold Temperatures Manipulation and Possible Limited Resistance to Absolute Zero to everyone with Mana Skin, while Noelle is straight up resistant to Absolute Zero with her Valkyrie Dress.

Princia FunnyBunny

There is also the former Wizard Queen Princia. She is unaffected by Mereoleona's Calidos Brachium Purgatory, which seems to evaporate even her sword and her chess pieces.

Asta

Lastly Asta. He resists being engulfed in flames and even struck mid air by a thunderbolt. He already has Resistance to Heat Manipulation in his profile but it can serve as supporting evidence.

Jester

Resistance to Durability Negation and Spatial Manipulation:

It's straightforward, The former Wizard King resisted Yami's Dimension Slash, which is said to cut through dimensions regardless of the opponent's strength.

I think that's about it, I may update the OP later on if necessary.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
Agree with everything and I guess this is the basics of certain abilities because there are more things to speak about, like Conrad copying magic, Princia being able to get info with his Chess Soldiers or Yuno wind magic being able to corrode/deconstruct magic now as he destroys a magic barrier with Zephyr

Agree

My country subs said absolute zero too,i guess it's better to translate the original one and see what he said exactly

Finally watched the movie.

I agree; but here are my suggestions

The black bulls should have limited resistance to Absolute Zero

Noelle with mana skin was completely resistant but couldn’t breathe because of air molecules being frozen.

Noelle with Valk dress is grants an additional layer of all Mana skin effect. Remember in the manga when Noelle’s mana skin resisted elf passive power null but had trouble with a greater power null spell. Valk dress completely ignored it. So its the same case for other resistances granted by mana skin

The rest are just overwhelming supporting evidence. Feel free to add them to the pages to make it sexier.

Jester is obvious. He also resists powernull and corrosion inducement

I will call staff members to conclude this if that cool with you. I’ll begin making future Movie CRT. Ja ne

"Resistance to Durability Negation" is not really something we give given that durability negation comes in too many varieties and resisting one method of durability negation does not translate to resisting all those other methods. So it would just be resistance to Spatial Manipulation for instance.

The rest looks good though.

Why should they be non canon? They don't contradict anything. Asta later lost his demon arm which would have been the only contradiction

Why should they be non canon? They don't contradict anything. Asta later lost his demon arm which would have been the only contradiction
Or not, as Liebe says "I will get the payment later" or something like that, so he just gives him the devil arm so in the future he agrees fully knowing the power of said arm

Or not, as Liebe says "I will get the payment later" or something like that, so he just gives him the devil arm so in the future he agrees fully knowing the power of said arm
And how does this make the movie non canon? Don't get your point. I am well aware that he temporarily gave him the arm as some sort of free trial.

Btw here are the copy paste of the list of things I was drafting before you made this crt before I did. I am far from done but there are one or two things not in the op.

Mana Skin

Self Sustenance Type 1 (via Mana Skin; Mages are capable of breathing in space and at absolute zero temperatures)

However, it may be possible that mages can only survive with little oxygen in the uppermost layers of the earth's atmosphere. Even at that, these areas don't have enough oxygen supply for normal bodily functions.

Resistance to Cosmic Radiation (Capable of surviving in the uppermost atmosphere far beyond the Ozone layer)

Anti Magic Skin
Possible Self Sustenance Type 1 (Asta is capable of surviving in the uppermost regions of space with little to no oxygen)

Resistance to Cosmic Radiation (Capable of surviving in the uppermost atmosphere far beyond the Ozone layer)

Resistance to Cold (Asta is unfazed by temperatures of the upper atmosphere)

Possible Resistance to Absolute Zero (Anti Magic is capable of mimicking the effects of Mana Skin, which is capable of resisting Absolute Zero temperatures)

Wizard Kings and Queens

Stamina: Superhuman physicals, Likely infinite mana (The Imperial Swords constantly absorbs mana from the surrounding and the Wizard Kings are capable of constantly tapping into that power in such a way that they never run dry)

Here are other stuff I was thinking of adding

Julius Novachrono: Sealing (Sealed Conrad)

Conrad: Air Manipulation, also Conrad should have forbidden magic related resistances like resistance to corruption, madness manipulation, etc. Oh and Summoning cuz he summoned a meteor.

Jester should also have resistance to corrosion inducement from Yuno's fullpower attacks.

Then there are stuff like Mereoleona beig capable of being skilled enough to combat Princia Funnybunny, who is a wizard queen capable of turning fights and has the combat skill of a hundred men and the most skilled even among the wizard kings.

If i think of more ill let you know.

I don't think infinite mana will work without being directly told in the story.
Secre mentions at the golden dawn hideout that they kept the magic knights and citizens alive bc absorbing their mana through the sword means they'd never run out of mana.

Secre mentions at the golden dawn hideout that they kept the magic knights and citizens alive bc absorbing their mana through the sword means they'd never run out of mana.
This isn't even close to being an argument in favor of infinite mana, do you realize that even if the sword multiply the wielder's mana by septillions it still wouldn't even be 1% infinite, just keep in mind what infinity means, is nonsense giving anything infinite because of "won't spend it all"

Fair nuff. I guess likely won’t suffice. I was going to ask if the sword could absorb from the surroundings not just people too to meh.

This isn't even close to being an argument in favor of infinite mana, do you realize that even if the sword multiply the wielder's mana by septillions it still wouldn't even be 1% infinite, just keep in mind what infinity means, is nonsense giving anything infinite because of "won't spend it all"
The term would be "essentially limitless" then, as while not infinite, it would be extremely difficult to deplete their stamina

An example would be Zero from megaman, who has limitless stamina but with continuous damage and fight can be "tired" in the sense of not being able to repair himself infinitely, but without any condition of that type, he can´t be tired out

The term would be "essentially limitless" then, as while not infinite, it would be extremely difficult to deplete their stamina

An example would be Zero from megaman, who has limitless stamina but with continuous damage and fight can be "tired" in the sense of not being able to repair himself infinitely, but without any condition of that type, he can´t be tired out
What are you saying: Unquantifiably high.

From the moment that a skill has a cost, it is not necessary that its energy be infinite for "it won't use up everything" it's just that its stock exceeds the cost of using energy by many magnitudes, without a statement that energy storage is infinite or an explanation that explicitly draws that conclusion will remain
"unquantifiably high".

Just Google the higher numbers and keep in mind that the skill will have a cost.

Back