• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread 2

Finished the volume, felt slightly different from what i remember of the WN, the author said as much, that he changed a lot from the web version to give the other students in Hajime’s class a chance to shine.

Will make a revisions thread, thinking of renaming or removing the keys of the characters post-haltina is an arbitrary point for them. Also think their ap needs a little downgarde, meaningless really except for Hajime who gets up to like 7-A due to multipliers.

Gatling Pile Bunker, this weapon if I say, must be super heavy, right?

With just one shot fired, the weight was 2 tons per shot.

And if the azanthium bullets that were loaded into the weapon, didn't use the Treasure Trove to spawn it in a second before immediately firing, and think about it.

In 1 second it's can shoot 20 shots consecutively in a row, 1 shot weighing 2 tons, even when fired once, and have to reload immediately (Which in the story never mentioned that when he's reloaded, I never even saw this weapon reloaded IIRC, so it may have more than just a few dozen bullets).

However, Hajime can use it with agility, shoot and jump to the sky like it is not heavy or anything.

At the very least, the ammunition that it has is already weighing 40 tons, huh? Not including the weapon itself, which is also a giant metal chunk.
Just a rough idea, this weapon was able to be half a hundred tons (50 tons+), right?

I never have seen him lift anything more than 20 tons with his own body (Pile Bunker when fighting with Noint in Limit Break state. If more weight he'll use Cross Bits or Cross Velts to create a barrier around the object and then lift.), that's all I can think about that the Author has described.

But with this thought, with a little more strengthening buff he may be able to lift 100 tons of object too, right? I mean with his own body like Shea.
(Not use Limit Break.)

The pile bunkers in the gatlin are like 2x smaller.

Plus don't really think it matters even if was a 50 ton weapon, it would apply to his 3rd key, which already has class 50 lifting strength in base.

If you don't mind, can you help clarify the Transcendence skill to me too, please?

From LN 11 Main Series.

It didn’t increase any of Hajime’s stats, nor did it grant him any special abilities. However, it vastly increased the cap on all of those things by upgrading his latent talent. His new theoretical maximum was far higher than any human was capable of. Given time, his strength could surpass the power of the gods.

Question One:
So from now on, he has cool Transmutation skills even more, huh? I mean, this is all about just "Transmutation skill", not about other things else at all, right?

Because if we talk about the "latent talent" of Hajime, then it must be that one and only skill, not any other.

It was a skill only true masters of their craft could acquire. Hence why its name was Transcendence. It boosted the natural talents someone was born with to an immense degree and granted the wielder an average person’s talent in fields of magic they had no affinity for.

Question Two:
Only a synergist job can acquire this skill? At first, I thought that if it's one of Limit Break’s derivative skills, then maybe other people like... um, is there anyone who had this skill from the beginning? Kouki and Tracy, right? (Did apostle girls can be count?) That means they couldn't acquire this skill, huh?

And about the last part, That means the user now has all of the basic magic knowledge in every aspect? Include all elemental types, necromancy magic is a derivative from dark magic, and barrier and healing from light magic, etc., right?
To put it easier, now the user of this skill can use "every magic other than from age of god's one", am I correct?

(Combined with Hajime's Magic Manipulation, he didn't need a huge magic circle or chanting to cast any magic at all for real now? I mean that... not too cool, I think? Imagine Hajime raises his hand and casts "Fire Ball!" or "Heal!" like other boring mc dudes in the other unoriginal Isekai+Tensei+Harem blah blah blah series is just too awkward. It's nothing like his fighting style at all, seriously. But if he's just using it to upgrade his production without having to rely on other people then I think can get peace of mind from that.)

However, it was such a difficult skill to use that it was unlikely anyone would be able to activate it more than once in their life, even if they acquired it.

Question Three:
Is this skill a passive one or an active one? But if it's in Limit Break’s category then I assume it's an active skill.
And now what? It can only be used once in a lifetime? Um, is this mean "can only be used once and then disappear forever" or "the results effect are permanent after the user use the skill on their first time"?

I would be very appreciative if you took your time to answer these questions for me one by one.
Because I'm too slow to digest it if it's too short and blunt. When I talked to an acquaintance about the series, they always slovenly reply and had a little related information that I want to know.

Now our main topic is complete, this time is about my prattling too, lol.

It hadn’t been important enough for Kaori to bring up earlier, but she had seen Ehit destroy all the magic circles in Hajime’s shoes and clothes.

Why Hajime still need to engrave his clothes and shoes with "transmutation magic circles"?

Didn't "Mana Manipulation" can fix the need for magic circles or incantations when use magics and skills completely? When did I miss this description?
The Author wouldn't say something nonsense like "Because Hajime didn't touch the ground with his body directly, so he can't transmute anything, you know?" right now of all time, right? (I may be a little mad at that.)

And... Um, I don't know if it's only me but, Is Hajime in the LN is weaker than in the WN?
It was so many points that I couldn't think about it all at once. For example:

1.) Hajime in the LN 10 needs Riftwalk to boost for his perception to dodge and fight with Dark Fusion Kouki while the WN he's almost yawn while engaging in the fight to the dead with him.

2.) Something like new weapons, for example like Mic Ferner (Skyboard).

Mic Fernir in WN can easily reach speeds of 500 km/h.

Mic Fernir in LN, their average cruising speed was around 200km/h, though those with larger mana pools could accelerate them to 300km/h.

The author does this for what objective?

3.) In the WN, In front of a few hundred apostles of god, he thought

Previously, mortal combat unfolded when Hajime faced one Noint, but in the present, the spec of his body and weapons were raised using sublimation magic, so if it was one on one he should be able to finish Noint without even using ‘Limit Break’. He didn’t feel like he’d lose even if he had to take on a large number of them at the same time.

And you know what? He can truly do like what he said.

“You all are in the way, you puppets-!”

With an angry roar, crimson magic power surged out from Hajime. It was his ‘Limit Break’. Furthermore, his fighting style had been polished to a level incomparable from before when he fought Noint, and his railguns that had their spec rapidly increased using sublimation magic accurately drilled through the apostles.

The one who analyzed their opponent wasn’t just the apostles. Hajime also had never slackened in his diligent study even for one day. He had done image training anti-apostle battles many times and increased his ability to this day.

Inside such a situation, the one who by his lonesome was blowing away several dozen apostles leaving them without all their limbs intact, scattering the entrails of the monsters, and turned the puppet soldiers into smithereens while steadily advancing forward was Hajime.

Right now even in this moment he was in the process of predicting the coordination of the apostles, analyzing the weak point of the new type monsters, and comprehending the movement pattern of the puppet soldiers.

“-, stop right there-. Irregular!”

One apostle crossed her twin large swords while rapidly approaching with multiple afterimages created behind her. Even though Hajime and the apostle were previously equal, now he was being engaged by multiple apostles at the same time, yet they were the side that got blown away one-sidedly. Although only a few apostles ceased to function completely from that, most got away with only injury. Coupled with how his advance was unstoppable, those facts made the apostle’s voice grow rough unconsciously.

And then an apostle circled to Hajime’s side to tyrannically strike the large sword. Still, with her voice sounding rough…

“Out of my way-”

Hajime’s artificial arm reached as though he had already understood from the beginning that she would materialize here, catching her face in an eagle grip. The apostle reflexively gulped. With an angry voice along with ‘Strong Arm’, Hajime threw her to the front.

While he was at it, the moment his hand released her, he didn’t forget to fire a bullet from his palm and pulverized her head. The beautifully arranged face was half blown away and the apostle glided on the air like a cannonball, hitting the avalanche of approaching apostles and monsters.

A momentary path was created forcefully, which Hajime broke through while leaving behind an afterimage.

“-aAAAAAAAAAAH!!”

The roaring Hajime was growing up in battle strength by each second, by each move, and by each difficulty. Seeing that caused Aruv and Freed’s composed attitude to crumble as their look turned bitter. They were showing an intention to attack Hajime. Naturally the apostles also matched that intention and commenced their assault.

Is...is that quote too long, I guess?

But that all there is to it.

Hajime, in front of a few hundred apostles (all use Limit Break so stats 36,000), and claims that "So what? bring in on."

And yeah, so freaking yay. HE CAN! (shout like One Piece OP1)

He's so cool.

...But on the other hand.

LN... In LN11.

In front of five hundred apostles. I think it may have more than in the WN.

“What kind of idiot would head straight into the enemy stronghold when they know it’s a trap? If we’re gonna fight anyway, we’re better off fighting here. Let’s settle this once and for all, Freid!” Hajime roared as he grinned fearlessly. He didn’t seem the least bit afraid of the fact that there were five hundred apostles before him.

In truth, he intended to kill them all. Of course, he realized it would be his hardest fight yet. Chances were, he wouldn’t come out unscathed.

Still, he wasn’t the same person who’d fought Noint months ago. After mastering evolution magic, he’d heavily upgraded his arsenal of artifacts. Moreover, he’d learned Limit Break’s one derivative skill, Overload. Plus, he’d also experienced numerous difficult battles since then, and he’d spent countless hours running simulations for when he’d next have to fight an apostle.

Besides, he had Yue and the others by his side this time. As long as they were with him, he knew he could overcome anything.

His body spec is weaker than in the WN, I don't even know if he can use evolution magic "with his own body to raise the spec of physical prowess and weapons" like in the WN or not.

Not count "cheatmate" or "creation magic + evolution magic" as of now.

And if he can't fight alone, he just "help me, mah girlfriends". No, that's not cool at all. You guys aren't a mage in Fairy Tail guild alright?

The LN just cut so many informative parts off and stuffed new stories that not important instead.

“Get out of my way, you puppets!”

Crimson mana began to spiral around Hajime. He’d activated the Limit Break’s one and only derivative spell, Overdrive. And as he did so, he imbued his mana with shockwave properties to turn the activation of the spell itself into an attack.

The four apostles that were closest to him were blown away. Still, the apostles were Ehit’s ultimate soldiers, and they wouldn’t let Hajime get past them that easily.

Four new apostles flew in to take the place of those that had been defeated.

Hajime summoned three more Cross Bits as well as his Orkan, then unleashed a barrage of explosive shotgun shells and missiles at the apostles. His weapons were far stronger than before, thanks to evolution magic, and the apostles didn’t come out of the barrage unscathed. That being said, they were tough enough to avoid being killed instantly. Moreover, their disintegration magic was powerful enough to keep Hajime at bay.

Realizing he wouldn’t be able to get through fast enough if he focused on defense, Hajime grit his teeth and prepared to break through by force. He activated both Supersonic Step and Diamond Skin and tried to force his way past the apostles with his shield.

“We’ve already analyzed your movements! A suicide rush like that won’t work!”

“Tch...!”

When reading it for the first time, I think that I opened the wrong story. To be honest.

Who's this shrimp?

In WN with x3 boost, he just swats anything in his way. Nothing can block his path at all even though they're already analyze everything they can about him.

In LN with x5 boost, ...

Let's kill, I mean just Q yourself, Author.

You just make my freaking cool boy into WTF noob boy in the blink of an eye.

Hajime saw that…immediately after he pulsed his crimson magic power. The magic waved with pounding pulse dokun dokun like a heartbeat, the magic power of ‘Limit Break’ was further increasing without limit. Right after that, the crimson magic power burst like an eruption. The torrent of crimson magic power traced a spiral that pierced the ceiling――the last derivation of ‘Limit Break’, ‘Supreme Break’.

Until now there was no enemy too strong that Hajime couldn’t defeat using ‘Limit Break’ and so he hadn’t awakened this derivation, but in front of the overwhelming strength of the creator god, this skill finally bloomed. The act of Ehito who was using Yue’s body looking as if he was the owner of that body, perhaps it didn’t even need to be said that it became the fire that lit the fuse of Hajime’s rage that had been pooling inside so much.

At a slightly distanced spot, Aruv who was shedding tears while sporting a look of ecstasy from the descent of Ehito returned to his senses suddenly and his expression flipped over into a shudder. That was because the torrent of magic power Hajime emitted rivaled the divinity that he possessed after manifesting in this world by possessing the excellent man called Denreed. Although his strength was so far separated from Ehito, he couldn’t help but be shocked.

I think acquire x5 boost in this way is so impressive more than LN, I mean very much.

This should be "Overload FOR REAL".

4.) Can Hajime use evolution magic without the need to combined it with creation magic? and what about gravity magic?

About space, restoration, spirit, and metamorphosis, I know for sure almost 100% that he can't.

But

And along with gravity magic at the moment of the impact, the jet black stake increased it’s weight up to 20 tons and was released with a roaring sound like a thunder.

This is when he fought with Noint.
Did he increase the object weight just like Shea did? Increase and decrease weight as he like.

And

A vivid brilliant red flash shot from Hajime through the forehead and heart of the man. It was even more brilliant than usual as a result of the sublimation magic.

Naturally, Schlagen had also been improved thanks to sublimation magic, which greatly increased its specs. It would surely pierce the armor that had protected Miledi’s golem now.

The improved bullet with impact conversion was empowered with sublimation magic, increasing the power by more than three times that of Donners.

Is this something he cast on his weapons when he fire?

Still, not everything but I think I dry out now.

LN 11

Spells Overload to Overdrive. (Hajime Joestar)

Spells Dagons to Dragons. (Myuu & Lemia)

About the MC in LN weaker than WN, Is it like in Rimuru's case?

From Tier 2 → Tier 5

From

if Rimuru let his skill runs amok, it will swallow the universe, destroying even the concept of time thus turning the universe into a void

to

Rimuru can integrate Gluttony with his clone that can grow large enough to devour a planet

Is it still okay for a long-time fan that read from WN to accept?

So, for everyone who's kind enough to give time to read this prattling of mine.

The one that I already forgot many parts that I wrote down because I write it's so long and needs to check again and again so it is still understandable.
(English is not my primary language.)

Even though you did not have an answer, I appreciated it.

Thank you very much. Really thank you and please take your time~

I will also take my leave now.

My HP is near 0 alright.

Bye-bye.

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

@Best_Guy_9 I won't bother addressing the problems you have with Hajime being stronger or weaker in LN. Or massively downplaying LN Rimuru.

Question One:
So from now on, he has cool Transmutation skills even more, huh? I mean, this is all about just "Transmutation skill", not about other things else at all, right?

Because if we talk about the "
latent talent" of Hajime, then it must be that one and only skill, not any other.
No. Transcendence applies to everything. It vastly expands his limitations on everything.
Question Two:
Only a synergist job can acquire this skill? At first, I thought that if it's one of Limit Break’s derivative skills, then maybe other people like... um, is there anyone who had this skill from the beginning? Kouki and Tracy, right? (Did apostle girls can be count?) That means they couldn't acquire this skill, huh?

And about the last part, That means the user now has all of the basic magic knowledge in every aspect? Include all elemental types, necromancy magic is a derivative from dark magic, and barrier and healing from light magic, etc., right?
To put it easier, now the user of this skill can use "
every magic other than from age of god's one", am I correct?
Anyone should theoretically be able to learn this skill. It gives talent not knowledge on the magic. Depending on the precise meaning you may not have direct ability either.
Question Three:
Is this skill a passive one or an active one? But if it's in Limit Break’s category then I assume it's an active skill.
And now what? It can only be used once in a lifetime? Um, is this mean "can only be used once and then disappear forever" or "the results effect are permanent after the user use the skill on their first time"?
Active. It can be used more than once its just extremely difficult to use at all.
Didn't "Mana Manipulation" can fix the need for magic circles or incantations when use magics and skills completely? When did I miss this description?
The Author wouldn't say something nonsense like "Because Hajime didn't touch the ground with his body
directly, so he can't transmute anything, you know?" right now of all time, right? (I may be a little mad at that.)
Being able to directly control mana meant that he could use innate abilities and skills like monsters. In terms of magic (like transmutation) it no longer required a chant or spell. But he's always had the magic circles on his boots and gloves.

Season 2 is coming January 2022, hopefully they don't give us crap cgi and skip a chunk of the story like season 1, but i have no expectations.

Trailer:

Cool.

We don't have any dates for volume 12, so idk when it's coming, but it should either be the last volume or the 2nd to last volume, before the main series is done.

The author does plan on adapting the After sotires in LN form, but idk how its gonna be formatted. The Afterstories has lot of chapters which are basically slice of life, with no real focused story arc, and then it has story arcs, mainly dealing with the other worlds.

Cool.

We don't have any dates for volume 12, so idk when it's coming, but it should either be the last volume or the 2nd to last volume, before the main series is done.

The author does plan on adapting the After sotires in LN form, but idk how its gonna be formatted. The Afterstories has lot of chapters which are basically slice of life, with no real focused story arc, and then it has story arcs, mainly dealing with the other worlds.
It'll be interesting to see but yeah S2 is just....idk I hope a different studio or team is working on it. I'd rather just get more frequent manga chapters honestly but we'll see.

Nvm, same studio and team. I'm not a big fan of the art style. Although cgi and animation is looking better but looks pacing may be an issue since they seem to be covering two whole volumes with 5 and 6. A lot happens in both so I don't know about that.

2 volumes aren't bad, expecting 1 volume for a LN adaptation is impossible, typically 3-4 volumes get adapted.

Arifureta volumes aren't even like Slime volumes either which are ridiculously long, so i don't think 2 volumes are a problem.

2 volumes aren't bad, expecting 1 volume for a LN adaptation is impossible, typically 3-4 volumes get adapted.

Arifureta volumes aren't even like Slime volumes either which are ridiculously long, so i don't think 2 volumes are a problem.
I don't really think Slime is all that long but I suppose I used to 300+ pages minimum. My worry is less than amount of volumes but the quality control and pacing required to pull off a significant amount of set pieces and story beats. Which would be quite a bit if they intend to cover everything to Divine Mountain.

Simply put, I lack any confidence in them.

I actually feel comfortable if they think of adapt until the Divine Mountain, it's a good point to stop and the amount of vols to adapt wouldn't be so big.

Pv for season 2, looks decent.

Seems it's airing January.

As for the WN, some fairly interesting stuff has gone down, each of the 9 worlds having their own powers, Earth being willpower which makes humans much more adaptable to other powers hence why otherworders were so strong in Tortus, Japan turning out to be the body of an actual mythical dragon, exorcists being the decedents of demons etc.

In terms of worldbuilding, the Afterstories really adds a lot.

As for the WN, some fairly interesting stuff has gone down, each of the 9 worlds having their own powers, Earth being willpower which makes humans much more adaptable to other powers hence why otherworders were so strong in Tortus, Japan turning out to be the body of an actual mythical dragon, exorcists being the decedents of demons etc.

anime only watcher here, I tried getting into the novel but just couldn't, could there be any possibly major tier upgrades coming soon or not really?

anime only watcher here, I tried getting into the novel but just couldn't, could there be any possibly major tier upgrades coming soon or not really?
Don't know if soon but if Hajime eventually reach the Astral world (which is most surely to happen) then he will become tier 2, so this seem really good.

Hope the fights become at least acceptables, that was the biggest problem with season 1, one good thing is that the faces of the girls are as good as in the first season and see a image with color of Remia already made it worth.

I'm just beginning the onmyouji arc (I'm in the chapter that appear Hinata) but with the resurrection of the Tree I was hoping that there would appear a unique energy for Earth, seems like that's the case so I'm happy.

When I reach the current chapter (which could be in a month or so) I will finally made the crts that I was thinking in make.

That does sound interesting. How often do WN chapters come out?

Don't know if soon but if Hajime eventually reach the Astral world (which is most surely to happen) then he will become tier 2, so this seem really good.
I feel like that too big of a jump no? I mean it’s going from tier 6(tier 5 imo) to tier 2?!

I feel like that too big of a jump no? I mean it’s going from tier 6(tier 5 imo) to tier 2?!
Well, at the end of series things generally do big jumps and in the case of the Astral world this is the description of it:
「――The sky becomes the ground, and the ground becomes the sky. Time is flowing forward while also going in reverse at the same time. Life and death are circulating infinitely. Past, present, and future all lost their meaning there. It’s an eternal world where every possibility is converging.」
「”The Grand Record Depository of the World”……even an avatar like Aularodde is unable to reach that world. Even wishing for such thing is a taboo.」

It’s like the concept of Akashic Record at earth isn’t it? Hajime said with a shrug and a wry smile.
So I can't see it as something below tier 2.

Well, at the end of series things generally do big jumps and in the case of the Astral world this is the description of it:

So I can't see it as something below tier 2.
Yeah that looks solid, it thankfully doesn’t look like AOT where people were scaling it to tier 2 just bc of the paths world thingy.

It's inevitable some sort of scaling with the astral world will happen, i mean Hajime is literally researching all the 9 worlds, how exactly that scaling will come though is a different question.

The 9 worlds are planets, but the astral world is an endless conceptual world, where time is flowing backwards and forwards, and every possibility is converging. maybe some argument there for 2-B, but not too sure.

It's inevitable some sort of scaling with the astral world will happen, i mean Hajime is literally researching all the 9 worlds, how exactly that scaling will come though is a different question.

The 9 worlds are planets, but the astral world is an endless conceptual world, where time is flowing backwards and forwards, and every possibility is converging. maybe some argument there for 2-B, but not too sure.
Hmm interesting hopefully a tier 2 upgrade, thats crazy.

How do we know its conceptual?

Current WN arc is done, now a 1 month hiatus.

The curses used by dragons seemed to be soul manipulation as well, and soul shell, Hajime's artifact protects from it, basically everyone has those, so curse resistance.

The Dragon's shadow, just appearing created a storm over Japan, and basically was continuously getting stronger feeding off willpower, and impossible to kill. Really if it had been unsealed, everyone would have been screwed from the looks of it, the Dragon is certainly op.

Hajime has now created an artifact which gives him control over the world's energy, thus can shut off entire countries from it and can give his allies infinite magic power.

Wonder where the author goes with this next, they said Tortus Journeys, but feels like we are getting closer to the endgame here.

Current WN arc is done, now a 1 month hiatus.

The curses used by dragons seemed to be soul manipulation as well, and soul shell, Hajime's artifact protects from it, basically everyone has those, so curse resistance.

The Dragon's shadow, just appearing created a storm over Japan, and basically was continuously getting stronger feeding off willpower, and impossible to kill. Really if it had been unsealed, everyone would have been screwed from the looks of it, the Dragon is certainly op.

Hajime has now created an artifact which gives him control over the world's energy, thus can shut off entire countries from it and can give his allies infinite magic power.

Wonder where the author goes with this next, they said Tortus Journeys, but feels like we are getting closer to the endgame here.
Sounds wild. I need to get back into Afterstories stories. I just need main story to finish so I finish scaling it. Then fully move on to Afterstories.

The after-stories are based in the LN and are affected by the changes in it, so the thing is to read the LN and after reach the current vol continue from the equivalent point of the WN.

New image for season 2
v7swscf7bk181.jpg

No idea what's going on with volume 12 of the LN, last vol came up almost a year ago now, meanwhile Arifureta Zero had a new volume come out like April, which is gonna be translated next week, and another volume came out just last month, which will as usual take like 4-6 months to translate.

Seems i got to get through vol 17 of Re Zero quicker now since next week Arifureta Zero is gonna be out, but first really want to finish this VN, legitimately already among my favs and not over yet.

New image for season 2
v7swscf7bk181.jpg
After the After Stories is impossible to see Noint and the apostles in general the same as before lol
No idea what's going on with volume 12 of the LN, last vol came up almost a year ago now, meanwhile Arifureta Zero had a new volume come out like April, which is gonna be translated next week, and another volume came out just last month, which will as usual take like 4-6 months to translate.
I also think is weird, this wasn't his most productive year but still is weird.

Back