• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is for the strongest list so naturally speaking speed is equal (in beginning to see if Arifureta can just take the spot entirely or just share it with speed equal) and SBA.

Yomoji: 0
Godless_1B_013.jpg

VS​

Kaori: 0
latest

Last edited:
You got scans for that sir? Or something somewhere on the profiles that mention how many layers there are?
Note 2:
  • While the above scaling is deemed as correct, do to how the wiki generally seem to treat layers it was instead choose to use numbers as the method to scale haxs which is something in verse also valid and that go more along with how the wiki have treated layers before. Most profiles already had the numbers stated along their hax justification, so to see the numbers of layers to which a character scale look at their profile or ask a knowledgeable supporter of the verse in case the layers aren't already made clear in the profile itself.
(With Divine Edicts he can imprint his will onto the soul of the target, forcing them to obey all commands[16]. This is so powerful that the Liberators where unable to stand it despite them be able to resist Laus Barn spirit magic which can affect close to 100,000 people even before mastering spirit magic, and to have a chance to resist it they needed to develop an artifact that countered it. With his magic Ehit even affected the entire population of the world Tortus

How exactly does number scaling compare to layers scaling though?

Like what does that number even mean in layers?

Edit: The fact that we can use numbers and layers scaling to scale hax but have no coherent system to actually compare them is REALLY stupid, and is something I really warned against when those standards started changing.

That's definitely not how that works.

1 person being 1 layer actually makes 0 sense.

Even 10 to 100 people being 1 layer is pretty unfounded.
It is though, that was established in the very thread the revising hax potency, that as long the verse make clear that number = power and bigger number = higher potency then the number of people affected become the number of layers.

It is though, that was established in the very thread the revising hax potency, that as long the verse make clear that number = power and bigger number = higher potency then the number of people affected become the number of layers.
That's stupid, I'm making a thread on this.

Posted here. Bob is saying numbers only really matter if all else is equal. Like if you already have 5 layers and the other has 5 layers who can affect more is deemed more potent.
raw "potency" only matters when either it can be directly compared to resistance layers
In Arifureta the numbers are compared to layers of resistance, this was accepted in a crt before.

If you have any problem with Arifureta using numbers for hax potency then just use the 41 layers listed in the blog instead.

Actually I remember the 41 thing. That was highly dubious and I should have pushed back more on that when the thread was still active.

The one I linked above where it was mentioned that it was decided in a crt to use instead numbers for hax potency since that is a equally valid option in the wiki?
I was there, I agreed to it, but I didn't agree every single number was = to 1 layer, that's not how it was described on the thread. That's actually crazy.

I was there, I agreed to it, but I didn't agree every single number was = to 1 layer, that's not how it was described on the thread. That's actually crazy.
That's basic logic though, if the argument is that number = potency, and higher numbers = higher potency and lower numbers = lower potency, then naturally speaking that mean that each number count.

That's basic logic though, if the argument is that number = potency, and higher numbers = higher potency and lower numbers = lower potency, then naturally speaking that mean that each number count.
No, because how are we even judging these things like minds or souls which have resistance? There are stronger minds and stronger souls, there are layers on top of layers. People with and people without resistance.

There's no way you can say haxing two people without resistance is the same as haxing someone with baseline resistance, since both people necessarily have weaker minds so as to be controlled with no resistance put forth. How weak? No telling.

It's why I proposed a point system for hax oh so long ago that only a few people really agree with.

But anyways, reading previous threads of On a Godless Planet I don't see DT mentioning that they have passive powernull, the only time I saw that was from you in the Tomoe thread and DT explicitly refuted you and said it isn't powernull but resistance, along with say that the reason of why it affected Tomoe (and others characters in other threads) was because Ether is an more abstract power that is above the laws of nature (something that ancient magic also is) and manipulate information of reality that is above laws (something that evolution magic do) but clarified that could be affected or resisted by something more abstract like concepts (something that ancient magic have). Also, the weakening effect seem to only apply to haxs, so nothing would stop them of blitzing him with their 61473.6xMFTL+ speed.

For what I saw Yomoji leading move is turning people in salt, something that Kaori counter with her automatic restoration magic (ancient magic that manipulate the concept of time) that make her return to her state one second before (effectively nullifying any attempt of affect her).

But anyways, reading previous threads of On a Godless Planet I don't see DT mentioning that they have passive powernull, the only time I saw that was from you in the Tomoe thread and DT explicitly refuted you and said it isn't powernull but resistance,
From the description DT gave and the statement on the power, it certainly is Pnull. Just not listed as that.

The description being given is that the effects of abilities get weakened via Ether Manipulation Information stuff.

Whether you want to call it resistance or passive powernull is... debatable. In any case, yes, it's weakening. Just that it's weakening on a scale that makes the abilities completely irrelevant. ~DT
along with say that the reason of why it affected Tomoe (and others characters in other threads) was because Ether is an more abstract power that is above the laws of nature (something that ancient magic also is) and manipulate information of reality that is above laws (something that evolution magic do) but clarified that could be affected or resisted by something more abstract like concepts (something that ancient magic have). Also, the weakening effect seem to only apply to haxs, so nothing would stop them of blitzing him with their 61473.6xMFTL+ speed.
Regardless of any of this, what I'm arguing against is the numbers and value of potency being used here.

Honestly, is that spirit magic or whatever even of a nature where higher numbers = higher potency?

Anyway, definitely can't equate numbers affected to layers by that logic. Otherwise, Kumo Desu Ga would have 9999 layers, due to having a resistance stat where each point increase technically makes it stronger.

What PNull is concerned: I list it as resistances. Honestly, not sure where to draw the line between resistances and passive contact-based PNull. Comes down to the same thing as far as I am concerned.

Her opponent doesn't appear to resist Ether Manipulation in any case, so Yomoji just erases her.

Honestly, is that spirit magic or whatever even of a nature where higher numbers = higher potency?
Yes, it have show that with higher numbers higher potency, but again, if one don't want to use them just use the other scaling listed with the 41 layers.
Anyway, definitely can't equate numbers affected to layers by that logic. Otherwise, Kumo Desu Ga would have 9999 layers, due to having a resistance stat where each point increase technically makes it stronger.
I mean, I wouldn't be against that because at the end it's actually true. Isn't like at the end the only thing that mattered in potency was the layers, the mechanics and complexity/abstractness are more important at the end.
What PNull is concerned: I list it as resistances. Honestly, not sure where to draw the line between resistances and passive contact-based PNull. Comes down to the same thing as far as I am concerned.
If it only affect things that have directly touched them then that certainly is more resistance than power nullification, if it affected the area around them then it would fall more under the power nullification.
Her opponent doesn't appear to resist Ether Manipulation in any case, so Yomoji just erases her.
She resist the hax though? And have a way to counter the things that could affect her in the way of a passive time manip that restore her to her previous state. Her resistances and haxs also come from the direct manipulation of concepts, which as far I'm aware from other threads is something that Yomoji don't resist.

Ngl the 41 layers scaling is actually terrible. It works on the principle that having stronger magic constitutes bypassing a layer of resistance. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll post what me and another user said in response to the 41 layer stuff.
First, why exactly does having more powerful magic constitute a layer of resistance bypassing?

We don't even grant Bleach's Soul Crush additional layers for such things as merely having a more powerful soul/soul power.
Having more powerful ancient magic is fine and all, but what exactly says that should be considered a layer in and of itself?
That's... not how it works?

"A soul's manip is stronger than B's soul manip, therefore A's soul manip is a layer higher" is not how it works. Statements of it being stronger is nice and all, but you need feats of it having affected people who resisted, say, B's soul manip.
That's straight up how we rate all the resistance layers. Like, if you make a QnA right now, pretty much everyone will tell you you have to show feats of it bypassing resistances.

Unless the verse states that "If B's level is higher, then B is able to bypass A's resistance" like with some chinese novels.
Edit: Like as a general rule, it's ok to say someone has better or superior hax to another character in-verse, the problem is with trying to say this superiority constitutes or is comparable to bypassing a layer of resistance. For that you would need sufficient proof beyond it merely being stated to be superior.

Like how in Instant Death a level 2 Death spell bypasses level 1 resistance and so on, so 7 levels is 6 layers deep.

Last edited:
She resist the hax though? And have a way to counter the things that could affect her in the way of a passive time manip that restore her to her previous state. Her resistances and haxs also come from the direct manipulation of concepts, which as far I'm aware from other threads is something that Yomoji don't resist.
She does not appear to have info manip type 2 resitance, unless I am stupid and just overlooked it.

I also have other reasons why she does not resist (relating to resistance negation) but I will bring those up when it turns out necesaary.

She does not appear to have info manip type 2 resitance, unless I am stupid and just overlooked it.

I also have other reasons why she does not resist (relating to resistance negation) but I will bring those up when it turns out necesaary.
Their argument is probably that the ancient magic concept stuff is just as abstract as type 2 information stuff. Or maybe that she should have resistance to it but it isn't listed.

Their argument is probably that the ancient magic concept stuff is just as abstract as type 2 information stuff.
I can say right away that doesn't work. It's like not everyone with concept resistance is resisting physical attacks. Unless the verse has a mechanic that implies that is the case, of course. Like in Godless Planet everything less than Ether is just Ether, so that kind of reasoning kinda works.
And if they are equally abstract then Yomoji can do name manipulation to win.

I can say right away that doesn't work. It's like not everyone with concept resistance is resisting physical attacks. Unless the verse has a mechanic that implies that is the case, of course. Like in Godless Planet everything less than Ether is just Ether, so that kind of reasoning kinda works.
And if they are equally abstract then Yomoji can do name manipulation to win.
Other than that… She has 41 layers GG. Lol

Sorry, was busy with college so didn't connect until now.

It was more so because her defenses and powers itself are also based in info manip type 2 (evolution magic power is the manipulation of all the abstract info, and evolution magic is an integrate part of their powers in general), though now that is pointed is also true that they don't have listed resistance to it despite technically have it so I will try to solve that (hopefully) at the end of this week with a crt to add it, in said crt I will also try to solve the layers thing problem that Yung have (mainly by using the Divine Edict scaling), so until then the match will continue paused.

Back