• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc Comes Home With The Milk [Bleach Soul Society Arc Captain Class Scaling]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, but we know that Zaraki does not have literally 0 control over his reiatsu. He should have at least a couple of point in it.
We actually don't know this. We do know however Zaraki has such bad control that he cannot even alter the SP he releases, given he needs an eyepatch to do so.

But how does that work with TYBW Zaraki then. Does he still have 0 SP because I am pretty sure his control did not get any higher after his fight with Unohana. Also can I see the non captain stats? Its kinda hard to compare them when I cant see them.
The stats are explicitly for SS arc Captains. They mean nothing for TYBW Zaraki. TYBW Zaraki learns how to control his power anyhow. There is only Captain stats.

Again Rocker please read my OP. The stats are for the base forms of the characters and I explain why. So the stats are for eyepatch Kenpachi post Ichigo fight. You sent scans of Zaraki taking off his eyepatch.
You did refer to base forms but then mentioned shikai and bankai. Of course I di dnot factor zaraki as part of that. Especially when I originally did have him in what I clearly thought was using his SP to attack ichigo but you dismiss it as his SP randomly flailing.

You did refer to base forms but then mentioned shikai and bankai. Of course I di dnot factor zaraki as part of that. Especially when I originally did have him in what I clearly thought was using his SP to attack ichigo but you dismiss it as his SP randomly flailing.
Yes and I explicitly distinguish the base scaling using the databook stats with their amped states in the OP...

Cool, but we know that Zaraki does not have literally 0 control over his reiatsu. He should have at least a couple of point in it.
......No?

He quite literally has zero control over his Reiatsu, which is why he specifically needs an eyepatch to control his overwhelming Reiatsu during the SS arc, because he himself can't. Saying "he should have at least a couple points" without evidencing why he should isn't good debate etiquette, substantiate your claims with actual evidence instead of personal opinions.

But how does that work with TYBW Zaraki then. Does he still have 0 SP because I am pretty sure his control did not get any higher after his fight with Unohana. Also can I see the non captain stats? Its kinda hard to compare them when I cant see them.
Arc already addressed this, so i won't.

Bob please, Ichigo was standing on top of Las Noches, the dome was beneath Ichigo. The Cero was not fired downwards, it was fired at Ichigo. So only the bottom part of the Cero hit Las Noches. The entire Cero did not hit Las Noches, it only grazed it. You see how a lot of the Cero is above Ichigo and the dome.
Bro what? Of course the dome was below Ichigo because he was standing on it. And what do you mean it wasn’t fired downwards?? Ulquiorra was in the air above Ichigo wasn’t he? It’d be like saying Aizen didn’t fire his Fragor down at Ichigo despite standing on a cliff above him, and even then, it directly hit Ichigo’s arm and still made a giant crater beneath Ichigo despite it being fired only at him.

Also know I agree with the thread lol, just having some fun debating this with you

Bro what? Of course the dome was below Ichigo because he was standing on it. And what do you mean it wasn’t fired downwards?? Ulquiorra was in the air above Ichigo wasn’t he? It’d be like saying Aizen didn’t fire his Fragor down at Ichigo despite standing on a cliff above him, and even then, it directly hit Ichigo’s arm and still made a giant crater beneath Ichigo despite it being fired only at him.
Real question, why is any of this important. Like, what would it matter if it were a graze or not?

This doesn't matter to this thread at all, stop derailing with unimportant points. We're talking about the Sokyoku scaling and that's it, Ulquiorra holds no barring over this.

This is the dumbest semantic argument I’ve been in. Not All Of Ulq’s Cero Hit Las Noches. Do we agree on that? I provided a scan explicitly proving such.

As an aside, after this thread has concluded, I will sandbox rating changes and whatnot, the paragraphs in the spoilers are not the justifications word for word lol. I just haven't sandboxed it yet since I wanna wait for things to conclude.

This doesn't matter to this thread at all, stop derailing with unimportant points. We're talking about the Sokyoku scaling and that's it, Ulquiorra holds no barring over this.
Literally just asked him to reword it lol. He’s the one who went off about it flying into the air after it hit Ichigo but I can drop it no problem

I have a few issues in regards to some of it:

Yoruichi and Sui-Feng:

How on earth is Renji in Bankai ahead of either Sui-Feng and Yoruichi? Yoruichi literally trains Renji through Urahara's method for him to attain his Bankai.
By this logic Renji should literally easily beat the likes of them with his Bankai.

Also, we literally see Pre-Bankai Training Ichigo perform the same feat that you use to justify Renji scaling to Byakuya, where Ichigo parries Byakuya's signature move while stating he can see Byakuya's Shunpo. Right before this scene as well, Byakuya notes how Ichigo is unaffected by by his Reiatsu and then Ukitake and Byakuya before this proclaim how Ichigo's own Reiatsu was similar to a Captain.

Following this in regards to Yoruichi, she trains Ichigo and Renji who are being scaled to Byakuya, pierced Ichigo's organs with her bare hands, and stopped Byakuya's Shikai with a cloth. Yoruichi absolutely should scale to Shikai Byakuya if not Base Byakuya at the very minimum. Because of this, Sui-Feng should scale back from Yoruichi.

Chad:

Given that we don't know the outcome of Chad's final attack and that Shunsui could have overestimated Chad I believe that Chad should only receive a "Possibly" rating for his suicide attack.

Sokyoku 7 Teraton Downscale:

Where does the number come from, I can't find it. I think we should disregard that downscale for where it's used and instead go with "At most" with the Sokyoku's.

Overall though I would agree with the rest of the thread.

@Arc7Kuroi, regarding the thread itself though, the only thing I honestly don’t agree on is Chad scaling to 6B via a suicide attack that didn’t kill him in the end.
Suicide attack is more of an exaggerated figure of speech, to indicate Chad can’t do that normally

IMade I’ll respond to you soon

I think shunsui was just being carefree regrading chad, I will not take those words as scaling, though it doesn’t change much to me.

rest I agree.

Btw I think Yama, Unohana and Aizen stats are just way above 100 to list out, I think is kinda a limiter for normal soul reaper having 100, but Aizen yama especially are vastly above that, Tosen in CFYOW said base Aizen already overcome soul reapers limits just with his base nd Tosen is fairly strong. I think it can be a good explanation beside the no linear stats. Databook just stops at 100 To compare other captains.

I think shunsui was just being carefree regrading chad, I will not take those words as scaling, though it doesn’t change much to me.

rest I agree.

Btw I think Yama, Unohana and Aizen stats are just way above 100 to list out, I think is kinda a limiter for normal soul reaper having 100, but Aizen yama especially are vastly above that, Tosen in CFYOW said base Aizen already overcome soul reapers limits just with his base nd Tosen is fairly strong. I think it can be a good explanation beside the no linear stats. Databook just stops at 100 To compare other captains.
Let's be real the term Captain Class just lost any meaning post SS Arc

I have a few issues in regards to some of it:
I have a few issues in regards to some of your few issues, boo ya

Yoruichi and Sui-Feng:

How on earth is Renji in Bankai ahead of either Sui-Feng and Yoruichi? Yoruichi literally trains Renji through Urahara's method for him to attain his Bankai.
By this logic Renji should literally easily beat the likes of them with his Bankai.
First off, Yoruichi isn't fighting anyone while training them. She gives them a Tenshintai and has them fight their Zanpakuto. Renji explicitly trains by himself tho anyhow since he can externalize Zabimaru. So, Yoruichi hosting a training session means literally nothing for scaling. She did not spar with them, they fought their own Zanpakuto. This argument here is nothing more than incredulity at Renji being strong.

Also, we literally see Pre-Bankai Training Ichigo perform the same feat that you use to justify Renji scaling to Byakuya, where Ichigo parries Byakuya's signature move while stating he can see Byakuya's Shunpo. Right before this scene as well, Byakuya notes how Ichigo is unaffected by by his Reiatsu and then Ukitake and Byakuya before this proclaim how Ichigo's own Reiatsu was similar to a Captain.
Post-Zaraki fight/zenkai Ichigo approaching that level of power is fine. It's uncontradicted and that Ichigo has no other scaling anyhow. I didn't bother including that cuz that Ichigo doesn't have any keys.

Following this in regards to Yoruichi, she trains Ichigo and Renji who are being scaled to Byakuya, pierced Ichigo's organs with her bare hands, and stopped Byakuya's Shikai with a cloth. Yoruichi absolutely should scale to Shikai Byakuya if not Base Byakuya at the very minimum. Because of this, Sui-Feng should scale back from Yoruichi.
Again training someone, especially with Yoruichi's hands off method means nothing. And Yoruichi putting her hand into an already open wound is no means to scale her to Ichigo. If Ichigo was healthy sure, but we see verbatim that Ichigo's stomach had not healed and the wound was open before he left to confront Byakuya. So no Yoruichi stabbing an open wound does not make her scale to Ichigo. Furthermore, wrapping Senbonzakura with a cloth doesn't mean she scales to Byakuya either. That's just sealing Byakuya's Zanpakuto. So again no, Yoruichi has 0 scaling to Byakuya or Ichigo, which is more consistent with Soi Fon's databook stats anyhow.

Chad:

Given that we don't know the outcome of Chad's final attack and that Shunsui could have overestimated Chad I believe that Chad should only receive a "Possibly" rating for his suicide attack.
Agreed.

Sokyoku 7 Teraton Downscale:

Where does the number come from, I can't find it. I think we should disregard that downscale for where it's used and instead go with "At most" with the Sokyoku's.

Overall though I would agree with the rest of the thread.
The downscale comes from the standard for downscaling on wiki. If you're below + for the tier you downscale to baseline, if your above + for the tier you downscale to +. But more people are in favor of at most, which is fine by me.

rest I agree.

Aight, I think a possibly for Chad is fine for the doubt you mentioned.

I dont agree chad scaling and Ichigo soukyoku scaling.I dont think that feat is outlier but rukia said "Ichigo you cant block second attack" so i dont agree but ı agree the other ones

I dont agree chad scaling and Ichigo soukyoku scaling.I dont think that feat is outlier but rukia said "Ichigo you cant block second attack" so i dont agree but ı agree the other ones
Databooks say Ichigo can block it, Ichigo says he can block it, Ichigo destroys the Takka which can tank the Sokyoku, and Rukia has practically 0 spirit energy. She is a fallible character with nothing backing up her claim. Also, if you agree that Byakuya scales you'd inherently concede to Ichigo scaling, since Ichigo is Byakuya's equal if not superior.

Databooks say Ichigo can block it, Ichigo says he can block it, Ichigo destroys the Takka which can tank the Sokyoku, and Rukia has practically 0 spirit energy. She is a fallible character with nothing backing up her claim. Also, if you agree that Byakuya scales you'd inherently concede to Ichigo scaling, since Ichigo is Byakuya's equal if not superior.
Ichigo 's said "that is dosn't matther for me " this Ichigo ' confidents. Yes he blocked first attack but soukyoku The power of soukyoku may be 5A, but that does not mean that he went to hit rukia with a power of 5A, in my opinion.2. What indicates that it will stop the attack, that is, stop a serious soukyoku? I think if Ichigo could do that, he wouldn't have sealed the soukyoku, ukitake and kyroku.

Ichigo 's said "that is dosn't matther for me " this Ichigo ' confidents. Yes he blocked first attack but soukyoku The power of soukyoku may be 5A, but that does not mean that he went to hit rukia with a power of 5A, in my opinion.2. What indicates that it will stop the attack, that is, stop a serious soukyoku? I think if Ichigo could do that, he wouldn't have sealed the soukyoku, ukitake and kyroku.
Not a fact but the second attack could’ve resulted in like a huge explosion so Shunsui and Jushiro probably didn’t want to take that chance so they went ahead and sealed it

A) The Sokyoku is not 5-A, it's accepted to be 6-B and just 6-B
B) Your internal logic is beyond inconsistent. Everyone but Ichigo can scale would produce this scaling chain: Sokyoku > Ichigo = Byakuya > Sokyoku. Or Sokyoku > Sokyoku.
C) The Kiko-Oh (fire bird) is the true form of the Sokyoku, so Ichigo blocked a "serious" full power Sokyoku.
D) Why is Rukia a more objective source on Ichigo's power level than on screen feats, Ichigo himself, and the databook?

A) The Sokyoku is not 5-A, it's accepted to be 6-B and just 6-B
B) Your internal logic is beyond inconsistent. Everyone but Ichigo can scale would produce this scaling chain: Sokyoku > Ichigo = Byakuya > Sokyoku. Or Sokyoku > Sokyoku.
C) The Kiko-Oh (fire bird) is the true form of the Sokyoku, so Ichigo blocked a "serious" full power Sokyoku.
D) Why is Rukia a more objective source on Ichigo's power level than on screen feats, Ichigo himself, and the databook?
5A just a example.I only saying kyroku and ukitake dont believe ichigo blocked second attack so they sealed. I just don't think it makes sense for it to use all the power he has to kill a death row prisoner. I find the scales of captains in themselves reasonable, yes, but I just don't find the scales of captains from soukyoku reasonable. The expression of soukyoku was much higher than such a simple killing tool than an item that could be compared to any captain at random, in my opinion. correct me if i remember correctly but wasn't it said that the person with the soukyoku would be the most powerful person in the SS? The fact that the tool that will make the strongest person in the SS is a simple captain's power contradicts the narrative for me.

5A just an example.I only saying kyroku and ukitake dont believe ichigo blocked second attack so they sealed. I just don't think it makes sense for it to use all the power he has to kill a death row prisoner. I find the scales of captains in themselves reasonable, yes, but I just don't find the scales of captains from soukyoku reasonable. The expression of soukyoku was much higher than such a simple killing tool than an item that could be compared to any captain at random, in my opinion. correct me if i remember correctly but wasn't it said that the person with the soukyoku would be the most powerful person in the SS? The fact that the tool that will make the strongest person in the SS is a simple captain's power contradicts the narrative for me.
Ok I’ll remove you from agree then? You’re rhetoric isn’t making much sense at all.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this event just didn't sit right in my head.
I think you’re very wrong and your logic is internally inconsistent, but either you’re not wording your point well or I’m getting ratiod by the language barrier cuz your English isn’t making much sense

"In the letter he wrote to Momo Hinamori, Sōsuke Aizen claims Tōshirō Hitsugaya planned to use the Sōkyoku’s immense power to destroy Soul Society".I think this word of Aizen remained in my mind as a general statement. It made me think that soukyoku's strength must surpass all captains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back