• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know why but i still find the feat a bit inconsistent, ill stay neutral to this and wait for future answers, also, ill take profit of being here right now to say that Hyness should be given universal/dimensional travel, the same for VT and maybe the jamba pieces (the jamba pieces are still an assumption) also, in the new Mode you can find light Hearts in another dimension so maybe dark heart pieces should also have this, this could also boost this speed Calc un an unknown amount vía having the Hearts also traveling to "Another Dimension".

@Kirby Elaborate. Those things were said to be scattered across the universe, and from the edge of the universe twice.

I have only one very important question... Is I consistent!?

What I mean is, is this feat far superior to what the God Tier characters are capable of.

Kirby's Warp Star was able to fly from Pop Star to Another Dimension "in 3 secs", there is a cinematic cut there which some say puts that at 30 or 60 secs (which I don't agree with). Zero and Dark Matter were able to fly from who knows where to Pop Star in secs.

There are also all the non-universe-related MFTL+ feats, to quote from Kirby's profile; "Is comparable, if not superior to Nightmare, Dark Mind, Dark Nebula and Void Termina, all of which comparable in speed to the Warp Star, which Kirby is capable of flawlessly piloting and controlling while reacting and dodging obstacles and projectiles." "Able to redirect a meteor 9999 light years in seconds. Was able to keep up with beings capable of travel interstellar distances with ease, such as Dark Matter, NOVA, Marx, Meta Knight, Lor Starcutter, Landia, Magolor, etc."

That etc. holds the following characters: Dark Crafter, Claycia, Francisca, Flamberge, Zan Partizanne (the latter 3 were able to manually collect the Dark Heart pieces in the galaxy in less than a week), Zero (previously mentioned), Star Dream (supposedly was going to kill everyone in the universe before his master's dead), and Ribbo. Dark Nebula also has a MFTL+ feat.

Them having MFTL feats isn't what I'm really asking. I'd like to see the numbers of said speeds. Like that 6 Quintillion one you put.

This casual feat Cal posted is 469 Quadrillion. I'd like to see the feats close to this one since MFTL+ goes on forever.

The first feat I mentioned is the closest one, as the distance was the diameter of the universe. There is no accepted calc tho.

It should also be noticed that there are no instances where a character struggles or has any problems to travel interstellar or galactic distances.

Well if more people think it's fine then I don't have a problem with it. Just didn't want characters jumping massive speed gaps without anything backing it up.

There is also that feat where Galacta Knight somehow "drifted" from one universe to another while restricted in his seal.

I don't remember the positive hearts there but there is no timeframe, and no information of at what point of AD they went. Iirc they were also implied to have traveled to the Mirror World?

We didn't see any heart going to mirror world, just in AD for now, unless its stated there are Hearts in more universes, now its AD an kirby's.

Took some minutes to look at the original texts.

…ÒüôÒü«ÒüåÒüíÒéàÒüåÒü½ÒüíÒüúÒüƒÚùçÒü«Õ┐âÒÇîÒé©ÒâúÒâ×ÒâÅÒâ╝ÒâêÒÇìÒüîÒüñÒü®ÒüäÒüùµÖé'……

Nothing about the universe.

ÒüÄÒéôÒüîÒü«Òü»ÒüªÒü½ÒüèÒüäÒéäÒéëÒéîÒüƒÒü¥ÒéèÒéçÒüÅÒéÆÒüñÒüïÒüòÒü®ÒéïÒéÅÒéîÒéëÒüäÒüíÒü×ÒüÅÒü«Òü▓ÒüîÒéô´╝ü

The end of the galaxy.

Now the latter is a good starting point to scrutinize this from.

Somelatinguy said:
…ÒüôÒü«ÒüåÒüíÒéàÒüåÒü½ÒüíÒüúÒüƒÚùçÒü«Õ┐âÒÇîÒé©ÒâúÒâ×ÒâÅÒâ╝ÒâêÒÇìÒüîÒüñÒü®ÒüäÒüùµÖé'……

This is not the dialogue Cal used, additionally I found another saying the same translated directly from Japanese. You do know that we can check this for ourselves, right?

I still see that situation as impossible, lore wise, Void Termina couldn't be less than "Threats the universe" Star allies is very contradictory in text, you still have the hearts going to AD i doubt they didnt to through Kirby's universe. (-My worst argument in this thread)

Eficiente said:
Somelatinguy said:

This is not the dialogue Cal used, additionally I found another saying the same translated directly from Japanese. You do know that we can check this for ourselves, right?
The first statement isn't Hyness's, but is Francisca's, supposedly about looking for the pieces around the universe; and sorry for not seeing Japanese texts. Anyway…

1) The Divine Terminus is near Halfmoon at the galaxy's end.

2) The pieces fall through Pop Star's atmosphere at a similar speed as through space.

The latter is an additional sign that planets in Kirby's region of the galaxy are large room-sized and bigger on the inside, and distances between them scale to their sizes; so, given also the time frame, the distance mustn't be very long.

"The latter is an additional sign that planets in Kirby's region of the galaxy are large room-sized and bigger on the inside"

And you lost all credibility...again.

How have I lost credibility? Of the six games exposed in that thread, the first three don't have any planet shown from space, so they can be any size on the outside, and the last three have proofs of the planets being that size on the outside.

Now, what about the two points in my last reply?

It worries me how, in any kind of controversy, people tend to stop accepting something just because they don't like it.

a) The Jamba Heart pieces fall at a similar speed across Pop Star's atmosphere as earlier across space / b) They do so in a similar time frame in both places too / c) With these, the distance travelled is strangely similar in both places too… That definitely means something.

How big is Pop Star on the outside in proportion to the huge Dark Matter cloud, and on the inside also in proportion to it?

How big is Ripple Star on the outside in proportion to each of the three tiny Dark Matter clouds?

Ok, nobody take the "Bigger on the Inside" trope -even though it's a very common one- if nobody wants…

- Locations in space still are "Conveniently Close" to each other in fiction.

- The pieces in the troposphere still fall fast barely for troposphere standards.

- Of course Dedede manages to react to one of them; it's meters away from him when he does.

@Somelatinguy, My dude, no one's buying into "Room-sized planets". At the risk of sounding rude: that is the most absurd downplay I have ever read.

You should probably just drop that.

@Somelatinguy Honestly I didn't regret that comment as you still believe the stuff I mentioned in it.

Maverick Zero X said:
@Somelatinguy, My dude, no one's buying into "Room-sized planets". At the risk of sounding rude: that is the most absurd downplay I have ever read.
You should probably just drop that.
Don't worry about risking of sounding rude, since that was just a sincere opinion; and I wouldn't get mad if you pointed out the fallacies that argument actually commits, either.

Now, what about the three last points in my second to last comment?

1) The distances on the map are Game Mechanics. Other maps within that game include Dream Land and Popstar, with Kirby also having an surrealist size. Other maps in other games have everything being close despite the distances being the diameter of the galaxy and several galaxies.

2) Some game mechanics having that don't mean that it's always the case.

I don't even know what you mean with the last 2 things, the Hearts were moving at MFTL+ speeds, that is a fact, Dedede reacting to it meters away is a MFTL+ feat.

Good, now we're actually debating; I hope this ends up being a friendly debate.

1&2) Overworlds have locations smaller -or bigger in Star Allies Pop Star's case-, but the distances between them remain the same; and this occurs in story, too .

- "Other maps in… and several galaxies": For example?

3&4) The pieces fall fast for galaxy standards in space and for troposphere standards on Pop Star, and Dedede reacts to that one in the latter case.

- Question is, why is the speed different in that case from the other one? Air resistance affects tiny objects very little, and surface gravity is a thing.

I honestly don't have the time to answer you, and won't do so as you stuff answers itself. I would also lack the patience to do it as the answers are thing you don't agree with and I don't feel like going in circles.

Edit: The several galaxies-thing is this.

I'll still reply so everybody can see this.

- They fly past galaxies almost as soon as flying past meteoroids ?

- The latter are the relevant elements; Ribbon evades one and a Dark Matter cloud smashes it.

- The former are actually fake objects depicting motio .

- So, they fly barely over a hundred meters from Ripple Star to near Pop Star.

- But… How can two planets be that close to each other? They must be large room-sized and bigger on the inside .

- Flawed deduction? Look at the GIF again… How big is Ripple Star on the outside compared to the clouds?

- The pieces fall first fast for galaxy standards but later fast barely for troposphere standards?

- Air resistance affects tiny objects very little and surface gravity is a thing.

- So, the speeds aren't two different ones, they're the same speed.

- And given also the similar time frames, the distances are similar too

- But… How can the Divine Terminus and Pop Star be so close to each other? They must be smaller on the outside.

- Flawed deduction? Look at the cutscene again... How big are the planets on the outside compared to the pieces?

Therefore, Bigger on the Inside is a thing; and even if it weren't, locations in space still are extremely close to each other in fictio , especially children-oriented works.

Back