• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise (Books) - Potential Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Back to the coal mines.

Explanation
Recently, our book Pennywise CRT received a massive rewrite, upgrading it in all ways. One of the most interesting additions, is Pennywise's speed upgrade, boosting him up to Massively FTL+ via the feat of him traveling from "outside of everything" to Earth, under the assumption that "everything" is just the observable universe. However, given the context surrounding IT, this feat can be taken far higher than just MFTL+.

Pennywise, at least, originates from a realm known as the Macroverse/Todash space, a void that is beyond everything else in the Dark Tower cosmology afaik (Besides Gan, of course). Given this context, this "outside of everything" feat can be taken as Pennywise traveling from the Macroverse to Earth. This upgrade would give avatar Pennywise Immeasurable speed at his absolute best, given the Macroverse is an outerversal realm that exists beyond time, space, dimension, size, and direction. This can be taken even further, since there is a statement saying that Pennywise actually resides in a void that is even outside of the Macroverse. That would mean Pennywise traveled from this void, through the Macroverse, and down all the way to Earth.

Either of these would make sense and go along with the feat, considering both of these realms are emphasized to be outside of everything, the "outlands beyond all lands", the "void of possibility which lay beyond all physical worlds", etc.

As for what we do with the MFTL+ calc, I say we keep it on the profile. It serves as a decent lowball for the feat that people that don't care about outerversal stuff can use.

Speed: Varies from Subsonic (Can move as fast as an express-train. Was able to keep up with Bill on his bike with ease. Regularly attacks people before they can react) to at least Massively FTL+, likely Immeasurable (Traveled from "outside of everything" to Earth)

As for why I didn't originally have this on the rewrite CRT, I was already dealing with a lot, so I thought it would be best to leave it out, to avoid further potential drama. That, and I thought other people will handle it, given numerous people messaged me on Discord about this, but that never ended up happening.

That's it, off to play TF2.

Votes
Agree: 1 (DarkDragonMedeus)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
thing is, couldn't that be dimensional travel alongside the MFTL+ speed?

also why is his true form's P&A so freaking garbage compared to his base one

thing is, couldn't that be dimensional travel alongside the MFTL+ speed?
That's already been discussed in the last CRT. That doesn't actually stop it from being a speed feat, and it hasn't with other characters. Along with that, there is no explicit mention of dimension traveling means that wouldn't make this a speed feat (I.E. Teleportation, portals, etc).

'Likely' Immeasurable is good. I wouldn't advocate for a definitive rating off of that statement - owing to little elaboration on what is meant by 'everything' - but this is fine.

So, will it be okay for me to add these additions now, or should I continue waiting for others that happen to come along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back