• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dude, by saying that, you're demonstrating your incapacity to argue with someone thinking differently from you, and proving that you know deep down that these arguments are right.

Arguing with someone thinking differently than me is some I do nearly all the the days of the weak on the wiki, your lack of common sense that delays the already slow processes we handle is something I don't have to, nor should should tolerate. You have shown several times to only go in circles with others, which is what you are aiming to do here.

Room-sized planets aside, yea, this seems good.

Just saw the Knowledgeable Members List and realized I'm not there for Overlord or Magic: the Gathering. Rip being unable to edit on mobile.

This thread is getting destroyed by derailing, or make a new thread, or erase the derailed comments, or stop derailing, if not, this should be closed.

Lack of common sense? Going in circles? You're the one repeating, for example, "Kirby on a Warp Star flying to another universe in seconds", after I refuted it here .

And no matter how wrong another person is; ad hominems are worse.

- - - - -

To everyone else: Ok, I thought the deduction process would lead to the "Bigger on the Inside" conclusion, but now it's best to use the argumentation without that trope ―even though it was never actually refuted-…

- The pieces fall first fast for galaxy standards but later fast barely for troposphere standards?

- Air resistance affects tiny objects very little and surface gravity is a thing.

- So, the two speeds are actually similar.

- This is because locations in space are extremely close to each other in fictio , especially in children-oriented works.

Bump... What about this argumentation, which doesn't use the "Bigger on the Inside" argument?

... And yes, Kirby71, that's a good idea; comments making fun of an argument instead of actually refuting it should be deleted.

Somelatinguy said:
Bump... What about this argumentation, which doesn't use the "Bigger on the Inside" argument?
... And yes, Kirby71, that's a good idea; comments making fun of an argument instead of actually refuting it should be deleted.
I actually meant your "arguments", those circle like arguments are destroying the thread.

Also please listen to antvasima, we need Someone from calc group.

I just have two questions:

Is it stated that Pop Star is at the exact opposite end of the universe from where the feat happens?

Is there any other evidence which suggests a time frame of 6 seconds? Because going by just the cinematic timing is not reliable, there seems to be a screen-cut.

You can ask here for calc group evaluations: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2152348

Kirby71 said:
I actually meant your "arguments", those circle like arguments are destroying the thread.

Also please listen to antvasima, we need Someone from calc group.
First off, how is "Bigger on the Inside" a circle-like argument? So far, it's never been debunked; rather, it's been only made fun of... Coments doing that would've to be deleted instead.

I'd like you or maybe Cal, Antvasima or Maverick Zero to actually tell me how that argument is wrong.

Dude, no one is buying into "room-sized planets."

That is absurd downplay using gameplay mechanics. I guess Mario is below wall level because he dies if he touches a Goomba in gameplay.

Nobody would be dumb enough to believe that the planets are room-sized on both the outside and inside; the argument is that they're planet-sized on the inside.

Also, the moments in question are cutscenes.

... I hope everybody understands me now.

usSomelatinguy said:
Nobody would be dumb enough to believe that the planets are room-sized on both the outside and inside; the argument is that they're planet-sized on the inside.
Also, the moments in question are cutscenes.

... I hope everybody understands me now.
Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that they are just scaled down for cutscenes? Kirby is (at best) a little smaller than a human child, so representing something as big as a planet with any accuracy would be nigh-impossible if you wanted both Kirby and this planet-sized thing in the same cutscene. I think that would be better than assuming that each of Kirby's planets are like the Tardis. Plus, we see in the minigames like Megaton Punch planets like Popstar represented in a more accurate scale.

AKM sama said:
Is it stated that Pop Star is at the exact opposite end of the universe from where the feat happens?

Is there any other evidence which suggests a time frame of 6 seconds? Because going by just the cinematic timing is not reliable, there seems to be a screen-cut.
Well,there is also this information:

ÒéäÒü┐Òü«ÕèøÒüîÕ║âÒüîÒüúÒüªÒÇüÚèǵ▓│õ©¡ÒüîÕñºÒâöÒâ│Òâü?! Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü«Òü»ÒéïÒüïÒüïÒü¬ÒüƒÒüºÞíîÒéÅÒéîÒüƒÒÇüÒü¿ÒüéÒéïÒü¬Òü×Òü«ÒüÄÒüùÒüìÒü«ÒüøÒüäÒüºÕ╣│ÕÆîÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒâØÒââÒâùÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝Òü½ÒééÒÇüõ¢òÒéäÒéëþò░ÕñëÒüî……ÒÇéÒéäÒü┐Òü«Õ┐âÒÇîÒé©ÒâúÒâ×ÒâÅÒâ╝ÒâêÒÇìÒéÆÒéüÒüÉÒüúÒüªÒÇüþ½ïÒüíÒü»ÒüáÒüïÒéïÕ╝ÀµòÁÒüƒÒüíÒÇéÒüØÒüùÒüªÕ«çÕ«ÖÒüïÒéëÒüøÒü¥ÒéïÒüÿÒéâÒüéÒüÅÒü¬ÒüƒÒüÅÒéëÒü┐ÒüïÒéëÒé½Òâ╝ÒâôÒéúÒü¿ÒâòÒâ¼Òâ│Òé║ÒüƒÒüíÒü»õ©ûþòîÒéƵòæÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒü«Òüï?!

"The power of darkness expanded, the inside of the galaxy was a big pinch!! It was done far away from the universe, even Popstar who was peaceful because of the mystery, there is something wrong ... .... ... something unusual .... The enemy who stands out over the dark heart "Jama Heart". And from the cosmos that cease from space Just like Kirby and friends can save the world?"

The translation is inexact but the part saying "done far away from the universe" is correct (Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü«Òü»ÒéïÒüïÒüïÒü¬ÒüƒÒüºÞíîÒéÅÒéîÒüƒ). I believe that the beginning refers to that this was like an explosion (fast, but I can't confirm that).

Other thing to point out (even if less significant) would be Francisca saying that the dark Jamba Heart pieces were scattered the across the universe, when we only saw it going "up to" Popstar.

As for the time frame, I don't believe in the cinematic timing due to the speed in which it's done. There is also the fact that, taking into account that everyone in the cult has their speed scaling from the Hearts regardless of what this is, and that they wanted to have the Hearts within the same place where they were scattered, they staying there for, idk 30 or 60 secs without doing anything wouldn't make sense.

Foggysniper said:
Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that they are just scaled down for cutscenes? Kirby is (at best) a little smaller than a human child, so representing something as big as a planet with any accuracy would be nigh-impossible if you wanted both Kirby and this planet-sized thing in the same cutscene. I think that would be better than assuming that each of Kirby's planets are like the Tardis. Plus, we see in the minigames like Megaton Punch planets like Popstar represented in a more accurate scale.
That's a possibility, but there are methods to depict planets as big as they are along with characters or other objects .

In fact, after the merged Star Dream and Nova revert to their original sizes, the Robobot Armor's drill makes direct contact with the former's head, so the latter really is small-room-sized on the outside, and moon-sized on the inside and on planets like Pop Star.

Now, "Õ«çÕ«Ö" can perfectly mean just "space", and again, Francisca never mentions the universe (https://kirby.fandom.com/ja/wiki/ÒâòÒâ®Òâ│Òâ╗Òé¡ÒââÒé╣).

All that being said, this argument starts making sense.

@Somelatinguy

You seem to be derailing this thread from its original purpose. In addition, you would need explicit proof/statements that the planets of the Kirby universe are actually intended to have in-universe TARDIS properties of being much bigger on the inside, rather than any game mechanics. Otherwise we have to interpret them as regular planets.

Esteemed Antvasima:

I have no intention to derail this thread; the argument is relevant to this topic because distances between objects are relative to their sizes.

As for the requested direct proofs, which are contradicted only in Squeak Squad

+ Super Star (Ultra) - Nova's summons cutscene: Compare Nova to Kirby and Marx.

+ Dream Land 3 - Opening cutscene: Compare Pop Star to the huge Dark Matter cloud before entering it and after doing so.

+ The Crystal Shards - Opening cutscene: Compare Ripple Star and Pop Star to Ribbon on the Crystal and the tiny Dark Matter clouds - Ripple Star to Dark Star cutscene: Compare Ripple Star and Dark Star to the heroes on the huge Warp Star - Ending cutscene: Compare Dark Star to the heroes on the huge Warp Star.

+ Return to Dream Land - Pop Star to Halcandra cutscene: Compare the Lor (also bigger on the inside) to Halcandra (this one is much bigger than the others due to being in another universe).

+ Planet Robobot - Star Dream and Nova's destruction cutscene: Compare Nova to Kirby and the Robobot Armor.

+ Star Allies - Opening cutscene: Compare the planets to the Jamba Heart pieces.

… I hope we can understand each other with no problem now.

Has anybody asked Azathoth and other knowledgeable staff members to comment here yet?

Please don't quote large walls of text.

@Somelatinguy that's still mechanics, one does not just use the real size, pero example, nova wouldn't fit in the screen, still mechanics.

Good point, but huge objects don't need to fit in screens/panels to be depicted along with tiny characters/objects .

In fact... 1) DL3: The first huge Dark Matter cloud directly hits Pop Star's rings / 2) TCS: The other one literally covers Ripple Star and the three tiny ones emerge from it / 3) PR: The Robobot Armor makes direct contact with Star Dream, which is merged with Nova.

Even in cutscenes the size of things are altered, such as when Kirby interacts with beings the size of a planet. But obviously this doesn't mean that we have to ignore the times those things are shown next to planets in comparable sizes, or how they are said to be planets.

The Lor, however, does in fact has bigger spaces in the inside, at least in its special rooms that, one game latter, Magolor made on Dream Land with some of them having stars in the background (this is in his profile as a 4-A feat, but mentioning that the timeframe is unknown). This is either Magolor copying the technology of the Lor or him already knowing how to do this and imprementing it to the Lor (as he said that he updated it). But in any case, the Lor is some vehicle, why would planets scale at all to its special rooms? Special rooms Magolor is able to make?

That point about the Lor is a good one. Also, other cutscenes showing Pop Star's inner areas as smaller on the outside could be just artistic too; and linking them could derail the topic, anyway.

However, what about the cases with something small interacting with a planet or Nova, that is, those of Dream Land 3, The Crystal Shards and Planet Robobot? Why couldn't those ones be legit?

Now, back to the main topic…

1) The Jamba Heart pieces when in the troposphere fall fast for troposphere standards.

2) Air resistance affects tiny objects' falls very little and surface gravity is a thing.

3) So, the speed they fly at when still in space must be similar.

4) Given also the similar time frames, the distances are similar too.

5) But, how can Pop Star and the Divine Terminus be so close to each other? They must be smaller on the outside.

6) Also, the planets in between appear big barely compared to the pieces on the outside.

The Lor thing was worth responding, I don't feel like answering the rest nor I have the time. It's... Really, obvious stuff.

@Eficiente

So should we close this severely derailed thread?

Eficiente said:
>"done far away from the universe"

That implies it was done from outside the universe!

>"scattered across the universe"

Doesn't mean that Pop Star is at the exact opposite edge from where the feat happens. It could still be a lot closer.

>"they wanted to have the Hearts within the same place where they were scattered"

That still doesn't confirm the time frame. 6 seconds is clearly cinematic and there is a screen cut. Their should be some actual evidence which supports the time frame.

Antvasima said:
@Eficiente
So should we close this severely derailed thread?
Sorry, it's me who derailed this, but that can be fixed… I've decided to drop the "Bigger on the Inside" argument; not only is it hard to deduce, but also it has enough objections.

However, the "Conveniently Close Planet " approach is much easier to notice and more reliable…

1) The Jamba Heart pieces when in space fly at a certain speed.

2) They're too small for their falls in the troposphere to be very slowed down by air resistance and are affected by surface gravity, so the speed must be similar.

3) With the time frame in space and the time frame in the atmosphere being unclear, so are the distance in space and the distance in the atmosphere.

4) The "Conveniently Close Planet" trope and the point 2 are good signs, tough.

There is important stuff to discuss due to the update the game had today, I would appreciate no more derail.

Eficiente said:
There is important stuff to discuss due to the update the game had today, I would appreciate no more derail.
Sorry, but the thread is already screwed up, better say "...due to the update the Game had today and the derailing this thread got, we should make a new thread"

So, there is update; Sakurai has confirmed that Warp Stars can use warp drive.

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/15809

This eliminates the interpretations I've had of many of their in-space moments.

However, that's not the case of villains or other objects like Jamba Heart pieces

- Warp drive warps space around objects using it, so they can't make contact with anything.

- But Nova attempts to land on Pop Star and crashes into the sun and moon.

- Ribbon on the Crystal has to evade a meteoroid and a tiny Dark Matter cloud smashes it.

- And the Jamba Heart pieces touch objects or living beings when reaching their spaces.

Therefore, it doesn't matter if neither the distance nor the time frame is clear; the Jamba Heart pieces fly without warp drive.

Back