• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another BIG CRT for Fairy Tail

I don't think Irene should be High 6-B via universe one. A calc should be made for his shrinking it, she's currently High 6-B via Universe One which doesn't make much sense to me since the only reason why High 6-B+ FT exists is because Etherion can destroy counties. Shrinking them would be a lot lower.

Universe One seems a lot like Command T, tbh. We already established that Command T is hax and as such it doesn't scale to AP.

Also, I'd like to bring up something that's been bothering me. Currently, the Dragon Slayers and Devil Slayers have durability negation against Dragons and Demons, which doesn't make sense for scaling purposes. If they can negate durability then they really shouldn't scale to anyone. My suggestion would be to switch it to High 7-A against Dragons / Demons for example, this would support the Slayers being able to deal extra damage to Dragons and Demons rather than outright ignoring durability. That's how I always viewed Slayer Magic, doing extra damage to Dragons, Demons or gods depending on what type of Slayer Magic it is since we know that Dragons, God and Demons are weak to such magic. This would help the scaling a lot imo.

What Rin said makes sense. If they really ignore durability then they shouldn't scale without supportive proof to such levels.

This would affect Sherria, Gray, likely Natsu.

They shouldn't have durability negation imo. Dragon Slayers and Demon Slayers are fundamentally different.

Dragon Slayers negate the "magical resistance" of dragons, allowing them to damage dragons.

Example:

Erza matched Irene's strongest technique, but was only able to damage her when enchanted with Dragon Slaying magic. Irene's durabiliy is as strong as Erza's slash, but Irene's resistance resists magic to the extent of Erza's Slash not being able to damage Irene.

There was a thread concerning that beforehand, where this was discussed.

Demon Slayers however, are different. Demons have no "magical resistance"(as proven by the fact that normal mages can hurt them), so demon slaying is "super effective" against demons, allowing the likes of Gray, who was far below Mard Geer, to damage him.

This makes sense. I always found strange that Dragon Slayer had both Magic Resistance Negation and Durability Negation.

Can you save a CRT on dragon slayer advantage for another week, I want to participate because I disagree with you guys, but I'm trying not to get into another CRT at the current moment

Captain Torch said:
Erza attack was pure physical, there was no magic in it, until,wendy enhance it, irene refer to erza can't able to pierce her normal, same as when in the last fight(against acno) someone bring to attack him with sword which didn't have any magic, and erza denied it saying it won't work unless it was enhanced by dragon slayer magic

Please try to avoid quoting large walls of text 1997, it makes the thread look clustered. Without the Dragon Slaying enchantment Erza wouldn't have been able to cut Dragon Irene which is what Torch is saying.

@Rin If Mitch has something to say about it then we should wait on that matter.

@1997 I don't know what are you trying to argue at all.

@Jan Yeah, but there's no 6-C support atm, which is a big downgrade even then.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
I agree with Torch and Calaca although I can see where the argument for magical resistance came from but it seems more like an inverse thing at best.
Actually, this is incorrect. Magical Resistance applies to the dragons, while Resistance Negation(NOT durability negation) applies to dragon slayers. Saying that it is "just an inverse thing" is severe lowballing.

@1997 KD

Sure, you can adress it later, but I'm using manga facts as basis for this.

@rin i fix that large quote problem,i was on phone.

@captain I misunderstand your point, but 2nd origin natsu>tenoru island Natsu, simply because he have more magic power, while more magic power let then to use the powerful attack for a longer period(as stated by later).

@calca

Captain torch said:
Erza matched Irene's strongest technique, but was only able to damage her when enchanted with Dragon Slaying magic. Irene's durability is as strong as Erza's slash, but Irene's resistance resists magic to the extent of Erza's Slash not being able to damage Irene.
The main point is, the "slash" erza was going to use didn't have any magic at all it was a purely physical attack. but with DSM it hurt Irene.

Also via this sca
PicsArt 04-15-12.30.26
It clarifies that dragons have resistance to physical attack as well. Now Wendy enhances erza sword, which didn't make her sword stronger or give erza more ap it simply gives her sword DSM.

• what i want to say is
>dragons have resistance to both magical and physical attack

>dragon slayer magic can ignore both magic and physical resistance, allowing ds to hurt dragons, but as we see in GMG arc, the attack needs to strong enough to hurt dragons.

(Sorry for bad grammar, pls read it like 2 times to understand it)

That's a durability feat, Dragons are typically a lot stronger than most Mages in FT so of course whenever someone weaker than them hits them it won't effect them especially whenever it's a magic based attack.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
That's a durability feat, Dragons are typically a lot stronger than most Mages in FT so of course whenever someone weaker than them hits them it won't affect them especially whenever it's a magic-based attack.
Erza slash didn't have any magic at all,she destroys meteor, and prepare her 2nd swing towards Irene, Wendy only enhance her sword with DSM. Erza attack was pure physical(before wendy enhance it)

It's not a pure physical attack, Erza's swords are made via Magic, more specifically The Knight. Furthermore, Dragons are already highly resistant to Magic and Magical attacks, so of course they'd be able to take a slash from a magical weapon especially if it's weaker than them.
0541-009 1
Another thing to note is that the Wizards are talking about Acnologia, the character who has the best Magic Resistance in the series, who's also High 6-B+. At best the characters here are 7-A to High 7-A, the difference between the two are absolutely massive to the point where Acnologia wouldn't even need his magic resistance since his durability is already thousands, upon thousands of times above the AP of the wizards.

Erza's Swords aren't made via magic. The Knight simply allows her to equip weapons she collected and stores from another dimension. She can imbue them with Magic, but they're not made of magic, save Belserion and Sea Empress Blade.

Erza magic Knight magic allow her to summon sword from her pocket space, she didn't create them.

Erza just straight up neglect the idea of hurting acnologia with a sword, not even worth to try to cause it was not going to work.the statement is comes from erza who knows only dsm work on dragon since she was in same situation, erza never said that sword are not going to work because acno is too strong(even tho she face and feel acno power), they sword are not going to work because dragon have resistance to physical attacks if the physical attack didn't work on irene, it should not work on any other dragon.

@HST

False, she can imbue Magic into quite a few of her swords, Lightning Empress, Flame Empress and even her Clear Heart Armor has swords that can be imbued with Magic. Point is, a decent amount of her weapons have magical properties to them.

@1997

Once again, Acnologia is a lot, heavy emphasis on a lot more durable then any of the Mages who were around him. Thousands upon thousands of times actually, so even with Erza or anyone enchanting a sword with DSM she still wouldn't be able to do shit. This is further proved whenever the likes of Natsu and the other Dragon Slayers couldn't leave a scratch on Human Acnologia, while Dragon Acnologia is even stronger. Dragons aren't resistant to physical attacks, they're resistant to Magical attacks which they already have. Aka, it's already covered in the profiles with Magic Resistance, let's say for example if another High 6-B character attacked Acnologia with a attack that doesn't use Magic he'd still feel the full brunt of the attack. Adding resistance to Physical attacks is redundant and invalid since it's already covered with Magic Resistance. Do you understand what I mean? This is essentially the equivalent of me adding resistance to physical attacks to both Big Mom and Kaido since they both can't be damage by cutting attacks and such. Big Mom straight up tanked a sharpned RPG right at her stomach and Kaido's skin can break weapons. It's a durability feat, not a resistance.

@Rin

False, she can imbue Magic into quite a few of her swords, Lightning Empress, Flame Empress and even her Clear Heart Armor has swords that can be imbued with Magic. Point is, a decent amount of her weapons have magical properties to them.

Rin, I said she can imbue magic into them. I said they aren't made via Magic except for the 2 I mentioned, who's Belserion and Sea Empress Blade.

Hst master said:
Erza's Swords aren't made via magic. The Knight simply allows her to equip weapons she collected and stores from another dimension. She can imbue them with Magic, but they're not made of magic, save Belserion and Sea Empress Blade.
^

Actually, in order to summon her swords she needs magic. Back in the Fantasia arc it took all her magical energy to summon 100 or something swords to destroy the lacrimas

It was 200+ and she also had multiple fights. I also doubt she used up all of her magic either as that would mean she had lower defense than normal (as mentioned in Hades vs Laxus) and still managed to tank several dozens of lacrima that can one shot FT members who aren't that far below the main cast, each. Time to up her base durability in that case ovo.

Remember though that it's FDKM Natsu that did it though so those people would scale. If that calc is not accepted then what other calc we have?

Jacob was being visibly damaged by the heat alone, so I don't think they should scale to it unless some Spriggan was shown comparable to FDKM.

Right now they should be scaling above CSK by a good margin considering Brandish's power was above anything they met before (aka Etherious Mard Geer). EMG is superior to Base Mard which was comparable to CSK so the most they could get is an "at least Mountain level if there's no other thing.

Back