• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Frieza's Supernova Feat Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the bare minimum orbit distance for the initial calc since that's the low-end to scale for planet size from the pixel distance.

I'll be adjusting the calculation later today since I forgot to apply the curvature correction, factor orbital position ranges in the reference image, as well as add an ang-sizing section that I'm still working on.
That's not the problem. The problem is that you start with the assumption of Planet Vegeta's radius to calc the moon's distance, but then you use pixel scaling to recalculate Planet Vegeta's radius from the orbit of the moon. This makes the radius of the planet MASSIVELY inflated and makes the entire calculation wrong

As I said, I'll be revamping the calc later today with regard to how the orbit distance will be used to calculate the planet size. It won't be by direct pixel scaling from the source image.

It's established that Earth is small compared to all the other planets in the Frieza Empire at the time. Planet Vegeta shouldn't be smaller than Earth.

If Planet Vegeta was the same size as Earth, the bare minimum orbit distance would be 1.86E+10 m.

If Planet Vegeta was larger, its mass would need to increase to meet the 10g requirement while also increasing the minimum moon orbit distance.

Would you agree that the 1.86E+10 m orbit is an acceptable low-end variable to start with?

As I said, I'll be revamping the calc later today with regard to how the orbit distance will be used to calculate the planet size. It won't be by direct pixel scaling from the source image.

It's established that Earth is small compared to all the other planets in the Frieza Empire at the time. Planet Vegeta shouldn't be smaller than Earth.

If Planet Vegeta was the same size as Earth, the bare minimum orbit distance would be 1.86E+10 m.

If Planet Vegeta was larger, its mass would need to increase to meet the 10g requirement while also increasing the minimum moon orbit distance.

Would you agree that the 1.86E+10 m orbit is an acceptable low-end variable to start with?
Yes, this is acceptable. However, scaling Planet Vegeta's size from this orbital distance is absolutely not, because you need the size of the planet to calculate the orbit in the first place

I don't like it for similar reasons (it's why I discontinued any plans to use the Roche limit formulas), but I want to see what others think.

Still wrong. You're once again using the orbital distance to scale Planet Vegeta's size as well as the moon's size

Just because you made like five different ends doesn't hide the fact that your calculation is still wrong, and that you didn't even understand what I said regarding it

I'm with Gilad here. It starts becoming pretty illogical when planets have masses greater than the sun.

Vegeta could just have unusually low orbital speed. The moons are in the exact same position every time we see them, although that's likely budget.

Plus, one would have to be both very tiny and the other very massive to appear that size from that distance.

I'm with Gilad here. It starts becoming pretty illogical when planets have masses greater than the sun.
Astronomical physicist crying in the corner

Anyway, while i'm not good with calc, Gilad and Asura seem to have better reason.

About mass, Vegeta have x10 mass more than Earth, should it gravitational force will also be x10 more than Earth???

It's more based on density than mass.

A planet with 90x the radius of Earth and 10x the mass won't have that good a GBE.

Edit: Nvm. It's apparently Large Planet level. Still thousands of times lower than what a planet that size would realistically be, but not as unimpressive as I thought.

Last edited:
Astronomical physicist crying in the corner

Anyway, while i'm not good with calc, Gilad and Asura seem to have better reason.

About mass, Vegeta have x10 mass more than Earth, should it gravitational force will also be x10 more than Earth???
  1. Dragon Ball chapter 211, "The Hardest Time of His Death", page 8
In chapter 211 (dragon ball manga) it is said that the gravity of the planet vegeta is similar to that of the planet of Kaiō-sama, and this is 10 times that of the earth

Okay. No probl
It's more based on density than mass.

A planet with 90x the radius of Earth and 10x the mass won't have that good a GBE.

Edit: Nvm. It's apparently Large Planet level. Still thousands of times lower than what a planet that size would realistically be, but not as unimpressive as I thought.
I wouldn’t necessarily say it is unrealistic to being Large Planet Level as we have Jupiter, a gas giant, being awfully larger than our Earth yet isn’t a star like Our sun for that matter.

I meant unrealistic for a rocky planet of that size. I should have been more clear.

Yeah but my suspension of disbelief break when you have Planets being bigger than the Sun

Not to mention that even if we ignore the value, the method he calced it is still wrong, and this is because he first assumes the size of Planet Vegeta to make an orbital distance, and then derives the size of the planet once again based on the orbit, which completely contradicts his first assumption and gives massively inflated results

And because that process is circular, applying the calc again with the new size of Planet Vegeta (as bigger planet = bigger orbital distance) would make the planet about 1/10 of a lightyear across, which will mean it will collapse into a Black Hole

And because that process is circular, applying the calc again with the new size of Planet Vegeta (as bigger planet = bigger orbital distance) would make the planet about 1/10 of a lightyear across, which will mean it will collapse into a Black Hole
I actually think it could colapse into a Neutron Star, but Black Hole, lol

I actually think it could colapse into a Neutron Star, but Black Hole, lol
I meant if you try to apply it again, but for the first value of the radius, it'll definitely collapse into a Neutron Star (or maybe even a Black Hole too if there'll be nothing to stop the collapse)

Yeah but my suspension of disbelief break when you have Planets being bigger than the Sun

Not to mention that even if we ignore the value, the method he calced it is still wrong, and this is because he first assumes the size of Planet Vegeta to make an orbital distance, and then derives the size of the planet once again based on the orbit, which completely contradicts his first assumption and gives massively inflated results

Fiction can do as it pleases as far as planet sizes go so I don't think it just being too large should be an issue (Xianxias and I think Toriko come to mind).

You are right in that it uses circular reasoning to obtain the planet's size, which is nonsensical.

Fiction can do as it pleases as far as planet sizes go so I don't think it just being too large should be an issue (Xianxias and I think Toriko come to mind).
You're technically not wrong, but we need a lot of proof to support such a claim given how unrealistic it is in real life. And usually, fictional planet are usually earth-sized most commonly, so the massive ones are an exception

You're technically not wrong, but we need a lot of proof to support such a claim given how unrealistic it is in real life. And usually, fictional planet are usually earth-sized most commonly, so the massive ones are an exception
Well yeah, I agree on that. Unlike here, those planets usually have stated sizes for them.

The point of my calculation was to find out if we can figure out any usable characteristics based on what we know about Planet Vegeta and its moons.

I'm aware that there is a chain that forms if the formulas are continually applied, but I'm was only focusing on the first link of the chain made from the bare minimum values from the moon period.

On another note, from what Asura said, should we avoid calculating a distance from moon period since 8 years is absurdly long to occur in real life and cause 10^10 m+ moon orbits.

On another note, from what Asura said, should we avoid calculating a distance from moon period since 8 years is absurdly long to occur in real life and cause 10^10 m+ moon orbits.
Oh, just remebered something. Another reason to why the moon even have phases is because the moon is tidially locked to Earth, and the sun's light is reflected in a different way each day while it spins around the Earth

Full moons only occur when the planet is between the star and it's moon. Considering the position of Vegeta's moons being near the poles, you could argue the orbit axis of the moon is tilted in a way that a full moon only happens 1 every 8 years.

In any case, if we ignored moon period distance, can we use the assumption that the orbit distance is about the same as Earth's moon and angsize from Planet Vegeta's surface to get moon size and then pixel scale to Planet Vegeta' Size?

Full moons only occur when the planet is between the star and it's moon. Considering the position of Vegeta's moons being near the poles, you could argue the orbit axis of the moon is tilted in a way that a full moon only happens 1 every 8 years.
That would make more sense I guess
In any case, if we ignored moon period distance, can we use the assumption that the orbit distance is about the same as Earth's moon and angsize from Planet Vegeta's surface to get moon size and then pixel scale to Planet Vegeta' Size?
You can try I guess

So what do our present staff members think that we should do here, in summary?

Just wanna mention, DB has planets larger than the sun, though they're super special planets like heaven and the Planet of the Kais, both of which are extremely massive beyond any semblance of realism. (Isn't the Kai planet literally so large that it has multiple suns that orbit it instead?).

The calc is still weird though, but if it ended up being super giga huge through a solid method, I wouldn't say the end result would discredit it due to the planets in DBZ being whatever the **** they wanna be.

Just wanna mention, DB has planets larger than the sun, though they're super special planets like heaven and the Planet of the Kais, both of which are extremely massive beyond any semblance of realism. (Isn't the Kai planet literally so large that it has multiple suns that orbit it instead?).

The calc is still weird though, but if it ended up being super giga huge through a solid method, I wouldn't say the end result would discredit it due to the planets in DBZ being whatever the **** they wanna be.
Unless they're specifically stated to be as such, I'm never gonna accept a random planet being bigger than the sun, especially since the only ones that are that size are the realm of the kaioshin, and heaven apperantly. All the rest seem to be normal sized planets

That's literally an argument out of disbelief, it being hard to believe or it being ridiculous doesn't inherently make it right or wrong. If it ends up super **** off huge, it ends up super **** off huge, if it ends up being average, it's average, if it ends up being tiny even, it's tiny then. I don't care about the end result, I'm just saying "planet is unrealistically large" isn't exactly a good reason to discredit a calc, especially in a verse where planets the size of stars actually do exist, especially in Toei canon, there's some real weird shit in that canon regarding planets. Hell Planet Vegeta itself is already an unrealistic planet with its gravity as is.

If only special planets in the verse are this large, it is pretty non-sensical.

Anyway, the calculation uses circular reasoning, so we'll wait for Firestorm to make a new one.

These are the low-end KE results via speed from one part of my revised calc so far. I'll have all the information on the blog later today.

Planet Vegeta Blast Energy Via Speed - Adjacent Distance Scale - Upper Moon
Moon - Degrees off Adjacent Linedeg456075
Planet Vegeta Radiusm1.26E+088.93E+074.62E+07
Planet Vegeta Masskg2.34E+281.17E+283.14E+27
Blast Radiusm1.95E+091.38E+097.14E+08
Times7.007.007.00
Blast Velocitym/s2.79E+081.97E+081.02E+08
KEJoules9.10E+442.28E+441.63E+43
Rev. KEJoules3.64E+453.43E+441.79E+43

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.