• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not convinced by the opposition's arguments at all, this just seems like jumping through a bunch of hoops to avoid the most direct conclusion that we even currently accept. Even just saying DBS retconned Goku's statement would be a significantly more compelling argument than this.

Bro is getting jumped

Anyway leaning towards agreeing

Btw don't we accept increase in power means also increase in speed because of vegeta statement

Last edited:
1) I mean, I technically can’t, but Vegeta was thrashed around by Kaioken x3 Goku, was hit by the KKx4 Kamehameha, which did incredible damage to him and “overwhelmed,” him. Then he created the Power Ball, which is noted by Goku himself to have dropped Vegeta’s power.
Goku was screaming in pain from anyone touching him.
Vegeta was catching hands from Gohan even AFTER being hit by a SPIRIT BOMB

This is the end of the discussion, man. Goku was worse.
2) The SEG also backs up the x10 multiplier, as it talks about how Goku has superhuman physicals at a PL of 10, (“twice that of a human man,” and how it’s “10 times bigger as a Great Ape!”) It also explicitly notes his fighting power (PL) is 10x greater, which affects speed. That, combined with the KKx5 statement should prove that even if the amp isn’t 10x, Vegeta increased in speed. (Making me lean retcon rather than just “it never existed.”)
Not at all, firstly PLs were never linear, and they will never be, so the PL multiplier thing proves nothing. If your power increase doesn't compensate for your body mass increase, your speed isn't going to keep up. We've seen this concept with Grade 3 SSJ.

Case in point, Oozaru Vegeta doesn't have Namek Goku levels of speed, who can blitz characters far, FAR, FAR faster than Saiyan Arc Goku, despite Vegeta supposedly having twice as much power level. This alone should prove that the form has the power of a 180k PL fighter, but not the speed, due to mass, which Paragus (Thanks @Nullflowerblush) confirms in the Broly Movie.
Turns out having your volume increase by 1000 times while only gaining a 10x power boost is going to affect your potential speed.
3) Goku is TALKING about RUNNING AWAY. Any attempt to reinterpret that statement as anything else is downright silly, because the whole point is him—After trying to run away with Kaioken, state that Vegeta’s speed is crazy despite his size, and that he needs a different way other than power up his stats to get the time he needs to run away. (Which is the Taiyoken/Solar Flare.) The whole context is him talking about fleeing. There’s objectively nothing else he could possibly mean.
You know what, I'm not going to fight on this point. I'll give you that one.

Not convinced by the opposition's arguments at all, this just seems like jumping through a bunch of hoops to avoid the most direct conclusion that we even currently accept. Even just saying DBS retconned Goku's statement would be a significantly more compelling argument than this.
OP has no evidence of the increase applying on the same rate to speed.
OP's evidence provides a near 2x increase in speed from Goku's line to prove a 10x increase.
OP's evidence uses the non-linear power level system as evidence. It doesn't work for obvious reasons.
We have a statement that the form is slow from a Saiyan.

Opposition doesn't need to do much, OP has provided subpar evidence to prove his point, and therefore people are going to disagree with him. None of the evidence proves Oozaru is 10x faster, it proves it's somewhat faster than Base Vegeta, not blitzing range as 10x would be. In fact, my Namek Goku point basically refutes that idea twice over.

Idk, "even a Kaioken x5 wouldn't be enough" is pretty strong support. You don't have to agree, but I'm just saying.
in context, since the prior phrase is "there ain't enough time to focus on making a genki dama" implies that the problem is not that he can't outrun vegeta, but that he doesn't have time to make a genki dama, the statement is not about him being unable to run away, the statement is about how Vegeta is not giving him time to make a genki dama, that is what the "a five times kaioken won't make a difference" is referring to

in context, since the prior phrase is "there ain't enough time to focus on making a genki dama" implies that the problem is not that he can't outrun vegeta, but that he doesn't have time to make a genki dama, the statement is not about him being unable to run away, the statement is about how Vegeta is not giving him time to make a genki dama, that is what the "a five times kaioken won't make a difference" is referring to
Goku is TALKING about RUNNING AWAY. Any attempt to reinterpret that statement as anything else is downright silly, because the whole point is him—After trying to run away with Kaioken, state that Vegeta’s speed is crazy despite his size, and that he needs a different way other than power up his stats to get the time he needs to run away. (Which is the Taiyoken/Solar Flare.) The whole context is him talking about fleeing. There’s objectively nothing else he could possibly mean.
Suffice it to say, I don't buy that interpretation at all. Especially when in context, Goku's literally talking about how Vegeta's speed is insane despite his size. This falls into that "jumping through hoops to avoid a direct conclusion" thing I was expressing earlier. I just don't think that's a good argument by any stretch

Suffice it to say, I don't buy that interpretation at all. Especially when in context, Goku's literally talking about how Vegeta's speed is insane despite his size. This falls into that "jumping through hoops to avoid a direct conclusion" thing I was expressing earlier. I just don't think that's a good argument by any stretch
ok, but the statement in Super should suffice as proof then

as well as Goku's clothes, your point?
Saiyan Armor is hyper durable.
it really is isn't it? good thing i didn't ask for that, good strawman tho
You literally said to prove he was incredibly damaged.
also stablished prior, PL's are not linear, so whatever difference there is in them also isn't, else you have Planet Level Kid Goku with 10 PL and Farmer with Shotgun with 7 PL, doesn't work
Again, not what I’m claiming.
treat PL's as linear like that and the entire scaling of the series get's blown up, we never treated PL's as linear, we will not begin to do so now
Still not what I’m claiming.
the fact that you somehow felt the need to prove to me that he was overwhelmed is proof to me that you didn't bothered to read what i wrote:
He took a major hit to his energy via the KKx4 KHH and lost tons of energy from the Power Ball, and took visibly large amounts of damage. Thus, overwhelming him in this context is what leads to incredible damage. Accusing me of not reading is laughable when you’re literally not reading what I’m saying (taking into account the multiplier being asserted by the SEG, not taking PLa linearly.)
And Vegeta's Galic Gun raises his power just like the kamehameha does, aka their PLs wouldn't be so different, at most unquantifiable, also this doesn't answer for the damage argument i made, that doesn't answer nor prove that Vegeta was in a state nearly as bad as Goku was after using KK4x
It raised it to combat the Kaiokenx3 KHH, which is beneath the 32K of the KKx4. And as noted, minor jumps lead to vastly larger outcomes.
as i said, no, Goku could be faster than him and the statement still works exactly the same, he doesn't need to be equal or faster than KK5x, he just needs to be fast enough to quickly cover the distance Goku could go before he could make the Genki Dama, thus making the usage of KK5x useless in that scenario no matter what
No, it doesn’t, because the context is specifically referring to Vegeta’s speed.
if you agree that it isn't proportional, then you can't use proportional logic to say that all stats are raised by the same amount when one raises PL, as shown by the statement abou the Oozaru in DBS Broly, that clearly isn't the case
I’m talking about the multiplier, specifically, Omega. Such as how the Kaioken raises multiplier and creates PLs that mimic that, or SSJ, or in this case, verbatim stated by the guide we use for all the SSJ forms for Oozaru.
he runs away.....now what? he has to stop moving to make the Genki Dama, and the moment stops using the Kaioken Vegeta will easily cover the ground to catch him since he is still fast enough to do that, case and point, Goku managed to get enough distance with Solar Flare, and yet it still made no difference, again, Speed advantage wouldn't be useful at all there
Yes it would. Goku is specifically trying to run away. With a speed advantage that immense, he can move a significant distance that buys him the time he needs. Hell, if anything the Solar Flare proves the point, because the entire reason he says it is Vegeta is so fast he’s able to prevent Goku from running away.
no, he says:

"even times 5 wouldn't make a difference" nothing about him not being able to run away from him with times 5, only that times 5 wouldn't make a difference, which as i pointed out, is true regardless of it being faster than Vegeta or not, heck the whole context is that he can't run away far enough for him to concentrate on making a Genki Dama without Vegeta catching up, nothing is ever said about him being unable to run away from Vegeta even a little at all

Read that to yourself. Slowly. Now ask yourself, was Goku, speaking explicitly about Vegeta’s speed relative to his, trying to say what you’re claiming, or—And just hear me out—What he is literally verbatim claiming in that scan?
considering that this is what you just did.......ironic
No, it is not.
considering that nothing is objectively said there, with your interpretation being as valid as mine in that scene alone, however mine is backed up by statements in canon.......yeah i don't think i need to, specially when it isn't said what you said it was said
Your only canon statement is DBS Broly, and it’s incredibly vague. (“Lumbering moves.”) This is in comparison to Oozaru Vegeta moving faster than his base and the SEG, which is why I’m fine with considering this a retcon, but not that with the claim that this is a misinterpretation of the data given.

Yeah, but that's a 2x multiplier at best. Not 10x. But even then, I disagree with any increase as we have... Well, an official statement that the form is slow.
1) Sure, but it’s still consistent with the fact Oozaru Vegeta is faster than his Base. Especially relative to how he was getting blitzed by KLx3 Goku before.

2) I’m cool with considering it a Super Retcon. Just disputing the take that Z hadn’t made the claim.
Vegeta was caught off-guard by Kaioken x2 and then immediately dominated Goku once he got serious, so comparable is the wrong word here. Vegeta can barely dodge Kaioken X3 Goku, although he was slower, so it's not that much slower too.
So yeah, you're showcasing a pretty insignificant increase as evidence for what's supposed to be a 10x jump.
Sure, I’ll take that Vegeta dominated Kaioken x 2 Goku, but that further substantiates the PL point. And anyway, A speed jump is a speed jump. The number annotated is just the explicit term given (this also wouldn’t be the only time a multiplier given doesn’t quite match up to what we see, most prominently Hit bracing to KKx10 Goku despite explicitly being unable to react to base SSB Kaioken Goku). Especially considering Vegeta was toying with Goku until Goku shot him in the eye, and thus wasn’t capitalizing on his speed increase.
People need to stop implementing their interpretation of the story as a fact.
Was Goku going to use Kaioken x5 to run away even though he can't move with it?
Was Goku going to race Oozaru Vegeta?
Was Goku going to speedblitz Oozaru Vegeta, to do what? He wanted to do a Spirit Bomb.
Yes. Literally yes. He is quite literally saying “Man, he’s incredibly fast for his size! Not even a x5 Kaioken would make a difference!” (In what he just attempted, which was running away with the normal Kaioken.)
He almost thought his body was going to break with Kaioken X3, so he definitely knew he wouldn't able to do anything other than one punch with x5.
He’s explicitly attempting to run away for a Spirit Bomb and speaking hypothetically, so this literally doesn’t matter.
None of these hypotheticals make any sense for Goku's scenario. He probably meant Kaioken x5 wouldn't help him beat Oozaru Vegeta, so no, I don't buy that as evidence.
Why would he be talking about “beating” Vegeta when he’s remarking on his escape attempt, Vegeta’s speed, and fighting with the knowledge he needs the Spirit Bomb? It literally takes more mental gymnastics to assume that than what we’re literally given.

the-office-thank-you.gif

Bro is getting jumped

Anyway leaning towards agreeing

Btw don't we accept increase in power means also increase in speed because of vegeta statement
That, as well as these.

“Note: It has been stated numerous times across various sources in the series that a larger ki means greater statistics – statistics such as strength[1]and overall power,[2] speed,[3] aerial capabilities,[4]destructive capacity,[4] and defense.[4]
Not at all, firstly PLs were never linear, and they will never be, so the PL multiplier thing proves nothing. If your power increase doesn't compensate for your body mass increase, your speed isn't going to keep up. We've seen this concept with Grade 3 SSJ.
No one is arguing they’re linear. The entire point is that the SEG corroborates the full superhuman statistics amplification, which would include speed. It’s like you all hard focused on the wrong half of the sentence to debate something that ISN’T THERE.
Case in point, Oozaru Vegeta doesn't have Namek Goku levels of speed, who can blitz characters far, FAR, FAR faster than Saiyan Arc Goku, despite Vegeta supposedly having twice as much power level. This alone should prove that the form has the power of a 180k PL fighter, but not the speed, due to mass, which Paragus (Thanks @Nullflowerblush) confirms in the Broly Movie.
Turns out having your volume increase by 1000 times while only gaining a 10x power boost is going to affect your potential speed.
We all collectively agree that Oozaru Vegeta was nerfed far below his peak by the 4x KHH and the Power Ball, meaning so substantially lower than 180,000 that it’s not even FUNNY, and your smoking gun is…that Nerfed Vegeta isn’t displaying stats that’d make sense with the numbers of his peak? It literally proves nothing other than he was weakened.

Edit: (And yet he was above hypothetical KKx5 Goku anyway in speed, which says more about the Oozaru multiplier that it does against it. Let alone “slower,” because it should also be noted he still was at least considered faster than normal Kaioken Goku, so even assuming the mental gymnastics are true it makes 0 sense regardless.)
You know what, I'm not going to fight on this point. I'll give you that one.
Thank ya.

Last edited:
ok, but the statement in Super should suffice as proof then
If you want to go the angle that DBS retconned Goku's statement, I'd be much more inclined to find that agreeable than what I believe to be mental gymnastics to basically say "Goku saying Kaioken x5 doesn't actually mean Kaioken x5 wouldn't be enough." Yes, I know that's not exactly what's being said, you're taking Goku's statement as meaning something else. But I don't buy that at all. It comes off as actively avoiding the natural conclusion to create a separate one, but that's just my take on the matter.

If you want to go the angle that DBS retconned Goku's statement, I'd be much more inclined to find that agreeable than what I believe to be mental gymnastics to basically say "Goku saying Kaioken x5 doesn't actually mean Kaioken x5 wouldn't be enough." Yes, I know that's not exactly what's being said, you're taking Goku's statement as meaning something else. But I don't buy that at all. It comes off as actively avoiding the natural conclusion to create a separate one, but that's just my take on the matter.
We're not, and even if we were, Oozaru > 5x Kaioken > Vegeta > 2x isn't evidence for X10 AT ALL.
Like, objectively it isn't. And Paragus line doesn't contradict anything. Getting 10x stronger and only ~x2 faster does make it for a pretty lackluster form.

Saiyan Armor is hyper durable.
.....still don't see how this matters for proving that he

You literally said to prove he was incredibly damaged.
and you answered with "Asserting I need to prove that he took damage is absurd" aka you were implying that i said that he didn't take any damage at all, which is factually not what i said

Again, not what I’m claiming. Still not what I’m claiming.
your entire point is about assuming that 10x power increase is proportional to speed increase, which is you saying that PL's are proportional and linear like that, so yes, it is EXACTLY what you are claiming
also instead of answering 3 phrase with the same answer, you could have just answered all of them at once, makes the text better to read

He took a major hit to his energy via the KKx4 KHH and lost tons of energy from the Power Ball
prove that last part

, and took visibly large amounts of damage. Thus, overwhelming him in this context is what leads to incredible damage. Accusing me of not reading is laughable when you’re literally not reading what I’m saying
you tried to prove that he was overwelmed, i said that he was overwelmed in the post you are answering.....see the problem? besides that, i don't anything showing "clear massive damage" to Vegeta, at least, nothing even near the same level Goku was after 4xKK, like, it isn't even a debate, Goku was far, far worse

(taking into account the multiplier being asserted by the SEG, not taking PLa linearly.)
considering that the multiplier is talking about PL's in the first place........mn

It raised it to combat the Kaiokenx3 KHH, which is beneath the 32K of the KKx4. And as noted, minor jumps lead to vastly larger outcomes.
fair enough

No, it doesn’t, because the context is specifically referring to Vegeta’s speed.
no, in context it is specifically refering to Goku not having time to get away far enough to concentrate on making a Genki Dama, that is the problem, not that he couldn't outspeed vegeta at all, but that he couldn't concentrate on making a genki dama

I’m talking about the multiplier, specifically, Omega. Such as how the Kaioken raises multiplier and creates PLs that mimic that, or SSJ, or in this case, verbatim stated by the guide we use for all the SSJ forms for Oozaru.
Kaioken and SSJ have evidence for their mulltipliers applying to speed that are irrelevant for their PL's increasing(Kaioken direct statement, SSJ upscaling from Kaioken and percentages from Freeza)

the Oozaru statement is purely talking about raising his PL without any statement or good comparison to Kaioken at all

Yes it would. Goku is specifically trying to run away. With a speed advantage that immense he can move a significant distance that buys him the time he needs.
"Immense"? what "immense" speed difference? the difference from his 4x to 5x is merely of 1,33x, and if you want to argue he can't use 4x for long, the difference between the 3x to 5x is merely 1.66x, what "immense" speed advantage are you talking about? Goku would barely be much faster, even with 3x against Vegeta he wasn't so overwelmenly Faster that Vegeta wouldn't be capable to eventually catching up to him if he stopped runing away(just an example), specially since he wouldn't be able to run away for much long at all considering he nearly broke his body using times 3 and 4, with 5 he probably would run out of juice before covering any distance that would matter

Hell, if anything the Solar Flare proves the point, because the entire reason he says it is Vegeta is so fast he’s able to prevent Goku from running away.
no, Goku says that he is too fast for him to run away AND have time to concentrate on making a Genki Dama, these 2 combined, not just the former on isolation like you are saying it is

Read that to yourself. Slowly. Now ask yourself, was Goku, speaking explicitly about Vegeta’s speed relative to his, trying to say what you’re claiming, or—And just hear me out—What he is literally verbatim claiming in that scan?
considering that what he is verbatim stating is that the problem is about him not having time to make a Genki Dama, i would say that it is what i am saying, a combination of the time he needs to run away, stop, and then make a Genki Dama, since THAT is what he verbatim states, NOT that wouldn't be able to run away at all

No, it is not.
yes, it is, you are ignoring the actual problem Goku brings up

Your only canon statement is DBS Broly, and it’s incredibly vague. (“Lumbering moves.”)
as people have brought up "Lumbering" litterally means "to move slowly", so no, it isn't vague AT ALL

This is in comparison to Oozaru Vegeta moving faster than his base
does he tho? he is moving faster than an extremely fatigued and weakened Goku(who was in a far worst state than Vegeta), idk where you got that he is moving faster than his base

and the SEG, which is why I’m fine with considering this a retcon, but not that with the claim that this is a misinterpretation of the data given.
the SEG never talks about raising speed tho

fair enough, from my perspective, what i am saying is the natural conclusion instead when taking the context into account

Okay, so even if we grant the OP's interpretation for DBZ... The statement from DBS contradicts it. So now what do we do?

Given DBS does contradict it, I think it should be listed as just “higher.” At Topaz herself remarked, while there is a necessary speed increase, at best without the statement (given how weakened both of them are, it’s impossible to get an exact number, so just using the known values, and as such the multiplier is probably higher), we get 2.2x increase. So not as large as 10x physical power, but fast enough that Vegeta can still be so fast that we don’t create a plothole while still being slow enough they qualify for lumbering/“slow” despite their physical power. I don’t know about whether or not we’d apply that 2.2x multiplier uniformly, though.

It’s either that or, removing Oozaru from the speed portion on the Wiki Page and acknowledging that a retcon of this speed happened in DBS Broly, both of which I’m fine with, honestly.

Edit: Except for Toei. GT makes it weird, since Golden Oozaru (SSJ + Oozaru) was stronger and faster than SSJ3 and allowed Baby to compete with SSJ4.

Edit 2: This is corroborated by Tree of Might, which after Turles made a Power Ball, had Oozaru Gohan totally outspeed Kaioken Goku iirc.

Okay, so even if we grant the OP's interpretation for DBZ... The statement from DBS contradicts it. So now what do we do?
Like I said, I'm much more willing to believe DBS simply retconned the DBZ thing because Super is far from immune from doing stupid shit

1) Sure, but it’s still consistent with the fact Oozaru Vegeta is faster than his Base. Especially relative to how he was getting blitzed by KLx3 Goku before.

2) I’m cool with considering it a Super Retcon. Just disputing the take that Z hadn’t made the claim.
In both cases, this would be rejected. So you're debating just for the sake of "correcting me" on something I never claimed? Again, proving Oozaru Vegeta is marginally faster than Base Vegeta is not grounds to say Oozaru would be 10x faster exactly. Super didn't retcon anything, the form is slow because it's only slightly faster than base despite the much greater power increase, anyone comparable in power that doesn't have the speed disadvantage would crush an Oozaru. I mean, I proved this using examples from Z, Oozaru Vegeta would have the same power level as Namek Goku using Kaioken, and twice as much as Base Namek Goku. We know they're not comparable in speed.

There is a 5x gap between what you want to claim, and what's actually displayed as evidence. Even without DBS, this wouldn't go through with such little evidence.

Sure, I’ll take that Vegeta dominated Kaioken x 2 Goku, but that further substantiates the PL point. And anyway, A speed jump is a speed jump. The number annotated is just the explicit term given (this also wouldn’t be the only time a multiplier given doesn’t quite match up to what we see, most prominently Hit bracing to KKx10 Goku despite explicitly being unable to react to base SSB Kaioken Goku). Especially considering Vegeta was toying with Goku until Goku shot him in the eye, and thus wasn’t capitalizing on his speed increase.
This further substantiates that your point only provides a 2x increase for speed, in sketchy terms since both of them are severaly injured, and one could argue either is worse than the other, meaning it's not a fair comparison. A speed jump is a speed jump.
Why is it 10 times? Again, the PL argument doesn't work because as we know, it's not linear. Ikari is meant to be the version of Oozaru that can actually take advantage of the 10x multiplier as a proportional speed boost as well.

What you don't seem to understand is that proving the form increases speed, and proving the form increases speed by a factor of 10 are two different things.
No one is arguing they’re linear. The entire point is that the SEG corroborates the full superhuman statistics amplification, which would include speed. It’s like you all hard focused on the wrong half of the sentence to debate something that ISN’T THERE.
To quote myself from 10 seconds ago:
"What you don't seem to understand is that proving the form increases speed, and proving the form increases speed by a factor of 10 are two different things."
We accept Oozaru as 10x Vegeta in power due to scaling, not because it was stated in the guide, as, again, PL are not linear so the guide itself is meaningless to prove a multiplier in that case.
Full-Power Oozaru Vegeta = 180,000 BP = Namek Goku Kaioken x2 > 2x > Namek Goku > 10x > Saiyan Base Goku < 2x < Kaioken x2 Goku < Base Vegeta.

Which equates to Full-Power Oozaru Vegeta > 10x ~ Base Vegeta. This is only true for power, as we know for a fact Oozaru Vegeta wasn't blitzing anyone, and because of the Super statement.

We all collectively agree that Oozaru Vegeta was nerfed far below his peak by the 4x KHH and the Power Ball, meaning so substantially lower than 180,000 that it’s not even FUNNY, and your smoking gun is…that Nerfed Vegeta isn’t displaying stats that’d make sense with the numbers of his peak? It literally proves nothing other than he was weakened.
??? I said Oozaru Vegeta had twice as much power level necessary to blitz everyone.
Even 60,000 would accomplish this (this was Ginyu's estimation of Goku even though Goku blitzed the Ginyu Force)
Even 40,000 would accomplish this (Nail was on Ginyu's level)

If you're arguing Oozaru Vegeta was under 40,000, this would make him weaker than Kaioken x5 Goku, which is nonsense.
Edit: (And yet he was above hypothetical KKx5 Goku anyway in speed
A Goku who was:
  • basically about to pass out
  • screamed at the slightest touch
  • was in need of life support before Vegeta even transformed back.

vs a Vegeta who:
  • Still managed to fight
  • Traded hands with Gohan
  • Could still fodderize most of the cast

Weakened Oozaru was faster than a VERY WEAKENED Goku x5, this is not proof of a even higher multipier, implying it is would be dishonest. And even if it was, this still wouldn't suffice as evidence for a flatout 10x multiplier, the best you would get is a "higher" on his profile. But again, DBS line.
Which isn't a contradiction for the reason I outlined.

In both cases, this would be rejected. So you're debating just for the sake of "correcting me" on something I never claimed? Again, proving Oozaru Vegeta is marginally faster than Base Vegeta is not grounds to say Oozaru would be 10x faster exactly. Super didn't retcon anything, the form is slow because it's only slightly faster than base despite the much greater power increase, anyone comparable in power that doesn't have the speed disadvantage would crush an Oozaru. I mean, I proved this using examples from Z, Oozaru Vegeta would have the same power level as Namek Goku using Kaioken, and twice as much as Base Namek Goku. We know they're not comparable in speed.
Again, this doesn’t prove anything besides the fact Vegeta was nerfed.
There is a 5x gap between what you want to claim, and what's actually displayed as evidence. Even without DBS, this wouldn't go through with such little evidence.
It’s literally already been accepted. This thread is specifically about handling something that’s already been accepted. Saying that it wouldn’t be accepted is literally saying nothing right now, and isn’t a valid way of refuting evidence. The whole point of this conversation is to deliberate something already accepted to see if it needs to be rejected or changed.
This further substantiates that your point only provides a 2x increase for speed, in sketchy terms since both of them are severaly injured, and one could argue either is worse than the other, meaning it's not a fair comparison. A speed jump is a speed jump.
Why is it 10 times? Again, the PL argument doesn't work because as we know, it's not linear. Ikari is meant to be the version of Oozaru that can actually take advantage of the 10x multiplier as a proportional speed boost as well.
The PL Argument is referring to how all stats increase, not linearity. Said this several times. Secondly, the SEG still states that Goku’s full superhuman characteristics improves via Oozaru.
What you don't seem to understand is that proving the form increases speed, and proving the form increases speed by a factor of 10 are two different things.
The only value we have available is available is the 10.
To quote myself from 10 seconds ago:

We accept Oozaru as 10x Vegeta in power due to scaling, not because it was stated in the guide, as, again, PL are not linear so the guide itself is meaningless to prove a multiplier in that case.
Full-Power Oozaru Vegeta = 180,000 BP = Namek Goku Kaioken x2 > 2x > Namek Goku > 10x > Saiyan Base Goku < 2x < Kaioken x2 Goku < Base Vegeta.
This is incorrect. We accept it because of scaling and statements are consistent with each other. This specific reason is also why the SSJ2/3 multipliers weren’t allowed until you literally recently did a thread and showed they are consistent with each other. In this same way, Vegeta’s speed is consistently superior to Kaioken Goku’s, stated to be above a hypothetical x5, is backed up by the SEG, and Vegeta’s own statement of its multiplier. Hell, we accept how Ki amplifies all stats, and we know that, unlike Piccolo, whose giant form only enhances physical mass, the Oozaru enhances Ki.
Which equates to Full-Power Oozaru Vegeta > 10x ~ Base Vegeta. This is only true for power, as we know for a fact Oozaru Vegeta wasn't blitzing anyone, and because of the Super statement.
Oozaru Vegeta was outspeeding Kaioken Goku, and was explicitly toying around with him. Him not abusing his speed when his whole goal is to slowly drag out Goku’s suffering doesn’t prove anything.
??? I said Oozaru Vegeta had twice as much power level necessary to blitz everyone.
Even 60,000 would accomplish this (this was Ginyu's estimation of Goku even though Goku blitzed the Ginyu Force)
Even 40,000 would accomplish this (Nail was on Ginyu's level)
Again, literally proves nothing. Vegeta’s energy had weakened twice over before he went Oozaru.
If you're arguing Oozaru Vegeta was under 40,000, this would make him weaker than Kaioken x5 Goku, which is nonsense.
No one said this.
A Goku who was:
  • basically about to pass out
  • screamed at the slightest touch
  • was in need of life support before Vegeta even transformed back.

vs a Vegeta who:
  • Still managed to fight
  • Traded hands with Gohan
  • Could still fodderize most of the cast

Weakened Oozaru was faster than a VERY WEAKENED Goku x5, this is not proof of a even higher multipier, implying it is would be dishonest. And even if it was, this still wouldn't suffice as evidence for a flatout 10x multiplier, the best you would get is a "higher" on his profile. But again, DBS line.
Which isn't a contradiction for the reason I outlined.
You literally claimed you’re not making this argument earlier, but here you are. There is, in fact, a contradiction based on Z. Also, yes, Goku was weakened, Vegeta was as well, and was holding back. So again, pointing out how Vegeta wasn’t operating at speeds you’d anticipate simply isn’t an argument when we have canon, in story reasons why he couldn’t.

“…but he’s staying in his human form, maintaining his speed and agility,” in the English Dub.
あれはあっ あれは…サイヤ人が大猿になった時のパワーを—動きの鈍い大猿になることなく—人間のまま変身できるようにしたらしいのですが…
"Ah... he seems to have taken on the power of a Saiyan turning into an Great Ape—without a Great Ape's sluggish body—and made it possible by transforming within his humanoid form..." (動きの鈍い大, ugoki no nibui dai = "slow; sluggish; inert; lethargic" + "movement" + "large") — Japanese dialogue
「あ……あれは、サイヤ人が大猿になった時のパワーを、動きの鈍い大猿になることなく、人間のまま変身できるようにしたらしいのですが……」
"Ah... it seems he has managed a way to harness the power a Saiyan has when he transforms into a Great Ape, without actually turning into a sluggish Great Ape, and while remaining in humanoid form..." (動きの鈍い大, ugoki no nibui dai = The same as above.) — Novelization, pg. 77
「あ、あれは……サイヤ人が大猿になったときのパワーを、動きのにぶい大猿になることなく、人間のままだせるようにしたらしいのですが……」
"Ah... it seems to be a way to allow a Saiyan to retain the power they have when they transform into a Great Ape—without turning into a sluggish Great Ape—and remain human..." (You get it already.) — Junior Novelization, pg. ???

So checking ToM, the exact numbers are:

ToM Base Gohan is 10,000.

ToM Base Goku 30,000 (“and rising.”)

He doesn’t go above basic Kaioken until Turles bites into the Fruit.

So KKx2 Goku should be around ~60K, and to see what occurs in film (Oozaru Gohan keeping up in speed with KK Goku as he runs away, even smacking him out of the air), Gohan’s speed needs an amp that puts him in that range. (Taking the actual PL numbers we see based on how Oozaru works, like Kid Goku going from 10 to 100 in PL, it’d put Gohan at 100,000. Which is more than the at least 6x+ amp he needs and fits perfectly/consistently with the 10x statement given to us by Vegeta.)

Given DBS does contradict it, I think it should be listed as just “higher.” At Topaz herself remarked, while there is a necessary speed increase, at best without the statement (given how weakened both of them are, it’s impossible to get an exact number, so just using the known values, and as such the multiplier is probably higher), we get 2.2x increase. So not as large as 10x physical power, but fast enough that Vegeta can still be so fast that we don’t create a plothole while still being slow enough they qualify for lumbering/“slow” despite their physical power. I don’t know about whether or not we’d apply that 2.2x multiplier uniformly, though.

It’s either that or, removing Oozaru from the speed portion on the Wiki Page and acknowledging that a retcon of this speed happened in DBS Broly, both of which I’m fine with, honestly.
I can compromise with adding a higher to the speed ratings without a specific multiplier and modifying the note in the verse page.

Works for me. Though, what are your thoughts on the Toei Saiyans? Given GT and ToM?
Not sure yet; I really don't have a lot of interest in the anime but I'll re-read the thread tomorrow.

Hell, we accept how Ki amplifies all stats, and we know that, unlike Piccolo, whose giant form only enhances physical mass, the Oozaru enhances Ki.

Just want to respond to this bit to point out that there is precedent in forms that increase Ki / Power without similarly enhancing speed in the Great 3 Super Saiyan form.

Not sure yet; I really don't have a lot of interest in the anime but I'll re-read the thread tomorrow.
Fair.
Just want to respond to this bit to point out that there is precedent in forms that increase Ki / Power without similarly enhancing speed in the Great 3 Super Saiyan form.
True, but oftentimes it’s explicitly noted, and given that moment in the conversation—While yes, Paragus was implying slowness—(in comparison to Null’s TLs)—We had equally credible showings that the Oozaru simply didn’t fit this category. (That said, Nulls TLs definitely change that.)

Also, re-reading the chapters of the Saiyan Saga today reminded me that Krillin described Vegeta’s Ki as “Demonic” (similar to Daimao Piccolo), which isn’t worth anything, but still neat. Since, y’know, it further links the connective Majin Plot thread to his past actions, how those Sins funnel into Ultra Ego, and allows one to better appreciate the journey he went through from bordering that of a battle hungry and selfish Demon to now one of a well intentioned, if still heavily flawed, God.

It’s literally already been accepted. This thread is specifically about handling something that’s already been accepted.
It's not. It's an oversight, there is NO THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF THIS FORUM that approved Oozaru being a 10x multipier in speed, there is PAGE where this is reflected. This is NOT accepted dude.

It's not. It's an oversight, there is NO THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF THIS FORUM that approved Oozaru being a 10x multipier in speed, there is PAGE where this is reflected. This is NOT accepted dude.
Not quite. If it's on the page, it's assumed to be accepted - and a thread to apply what is currently deemed accepted should not be haphazardly turned into "let's remove this thing to begin with." That requires its own thread

Okay, I'm gonna rerail this even when my opinion would not matter in a kinda-concluded thread.

Personally, if Goku felt that a 5x Kaio-ken wouldn't exactly stack up to Oozaru Vegeta in terms of speed, then Vegeta's speed would definitely scale up; HOWEVER, I wouldn't hard-scale speed as proposed in the thread. Unfortunately, the characters can still be affected by physics, as one could see from Trunks using the Ultra Super Saiyan form (the highest unevolved Super Saiyan form) when his speed was significantly held back by the form.

Basically what I'm saying is 5x speed scaling would be guaranteed, but not 10x speed scaling.

The PL Argument is referring to how all stats increase, not linearity. Said this several times. Secondly, the SEG still states that Goku’s full superhuman characteristics improves via Oozaru.
Again, proving it increases speed, but not to the same rate, which would make the form relatively slow for it's power level, which is consistent to what Paragus said
The only value we have available is available is the 10.
10x Power Level which we don't accept as linear, we have Oozaru as a 10x power multiplier via scaling.

This is incorrect. We accept it because of scaling and statements are consistent with each other. This specific reason is also why the SSJ2/3 multipliers weren’t allowed until you literally recently did a thread and showed they are consistent with each other. In this same way, Vegeta’s speed is consistently superior to Kaioken Goku’s, stated to be above a hypothetical x5, is backed up by the SEG, and Vegeta’s own statement of its multiplier. Hell, we accept how Ki amplifies all stats, and we know that, unlike Piccolo, whose giant form only enhances physical mass, the Oozaru enhances Ki.
Also because they cited a power increase, not a Battle Power increase.
You can't prove Ki was amplified tenfold, because it's a battle power multiplier.
If the form is canonically sluggish due to size, it's already proof that the power increase doesn't compensate for his mass increase. Fight all you want, but we have legitimate reasons to believe the speed is not proportional to power here.
Again, literally proves nothing. Vegeta’s energy had weakened twice over before he went Oozaru. Yadda Yadda
His power level had to be higher than 40,000 because he was stronger than Kaioken x5 Goku, we know that much for sure, if his speed was proportional, he would be able to blitz Kaioken x2/x3 Goku. While he is faster than Kaioken Goku, saying he is in blitzing range like someone else in that range of power level is false.
This proves the increase isn't equal. This isn't the first time the concept is introduced, Red, so I don't know why you're trying to claim both stats are increase equally when there are more factors at play, like body size, mass increase, and reasonable assumptions.

Breaking it down,
  • Goku's power should be superior to 40,000 with a 5x Kaioken
  • Oozaru Vegeta, while not full power, is still above that value thanks to Goku's statement
  • We know someone with a 40,000 BP can blitz someone in the 20,000 BP range thanks to Namek Arc
  • Oozaru Vegeta can't accomplish that (except for Ki Blasts which blitzed Goku at a long range), so his speed is not proportional to his power.

This is the argument.

You literally claimed you’re not making this argument earlier, but here you are. There is, in fact, a contradiction based on Z. Also, yes, Goku was weakened, Vegeta was as well, and was holding back. So again, pointing out how Vegeta wasn’t operating at speeds you’d anticipate simply isn’t an argument when we have canon, in story reasons why he couldn’t.
Fair. But you shouldn't say, "Even weakened, Oozaru Vegeta is faster than Kaioken x5 Goku, which means the multiplier is likely higher", when Goku's also weakened, which would even it out.

Not quite. If it's on the page, it's assumed to be accepted - and a thread to apply what is currently deemed accepted should not be haphazardly turned into "let's remove this thing to begin with." That requires its own thread
Prove it.
Someone could've added this to the speed section by mistake, and it went unnoticed for years.
Proof of this is that no accepted scaling chain has Oozaru as a speed multiplier.
You need to give me the exact thread where this was accepted, because if it is a mistake, it's not accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back