• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Frieza's Supernova Feat Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
My suggestion was already agreed to here, but it wasn't applied since the thread kind of died out.

Basically, the celestial body next to Planet Plant/Vegeta isn't Earth (the scene is at 14:42 of Dragon Ball GT episode 31), rather a moon (one that King Kai canonically established as existing in the Tuffle's time), which is supported by Baby's flashback in episode 27 showing that Planet Vegeta has the same moons.

If we use the canonical calculation and swap out the size, timeframe and mass with Kepekely's version, it's about 1.4961634e+38 J, or Dwarf Star level.

Does this suck? Yes. But, he also scales ridiculously above his higher subordinates, all of whom scale so far above King Vegeta's casual planet destroying handwave that Vegeta as a child surpassed him, and Kaioken x2 Namek Goku. He's easily Small Star level.

Leaning towards agreeing, but I want to hear some other opinions. If this was already accepted before, then it should have already been implemented

Leaning towards agreeing, but I want to hear some other opinions. If this was already accepted before, then it should have already been implemented
Part of the reason why I made a thread was to see if there's any alternative calculations or scaling that can be applied.

Looking at Kep's calc, would it be acceptable to scale Planet Vegeta from its moons? IIRC the Saiyans refer to Earth as being a small planet.

I doubt you could scale a planet with two moons like that.

I think it's King Cold who says it's a small planet, while Nappa and Vegeta remark that the gravity is lower than their former homeworld.

If we use Stardestroyer.net to get a minimum size for a planet with comparable density to Earth and 10 times the gravity, it's about 125,000 km. That's almost slap in the middle of Jupiter and Saturn's size. Using relativistic kinetic energy, it's about 1/3rd baseline Solar System level.

Truthfully, no rocky planet of this size exists, and even the larger ones typically have densities comparable to Earth's. The closest we've come to finding such a thing is TOI-849 b, which has comparable density to Earth, 40x the volume, and over 3x the surface gravity. Yet, it's believed to be a remnant from an even bigger planet.

The thing about the old Frieza calculation is that it was always, in some way, a low-ball. The person who made that calculation has been chastised for saying it's 10 times more massive than Earth and the same diameter (rightfully so, to an extent, because that's very unrealistic), but it's entirely fair because kinetic energy is squared.

Here are the ranges of AP depending on Planet Size based on Kep's calc.

Earth Gliese 436 cMini-Neptune LowMini-Neptune MidMini-Neptune HighNeptuneEarth Density-like PlanetUnit
Radius6.37E+069.56E+061.08E+071.78E+072.48E+072.46E+076.37E+07m
Gravity Constant6.67E-116.67E-116.67E-116.67E-116.67E-116.67E-116.67E-11m3⋅kg−1⋅s−2
Surface Gravity98.198.198.198.198.198.198.1m/s^2
Mass5.97E+251.34E+261.72E+264.68E+269.07E+268.91E+265.95E+27kg
Blast Radius9.84E+071.48E+081.67E+082.76E+083.84E+083.80E+089.83E+08m
Time7777777s
Blast Velocity1.41E+072.11E+072.39E+073.94E+075.48E+075.43E+071.40E+08m/s
KE5.89E+392.98E+404.92E+403.62E+411.36E+421.31E+425.87E+43Joules
Tier5-A5-ALow 4-CLow 4-C4-C4-CHigh 4-C

Last edited:
I suppose the mini-Neptune low/mid-ends aren't too bad. The planet is less dense than iron with those ends.

To be honest, i'm not really good with these calc stuffs, but the feat and the foundation for the calc which is Moon of Planet Vegeta rather than Earth-like Planet seem really legit, so i think Mini-Neptune Mid is good too me, but let see if ByAsura have opinion on this

To be honest, i'm not really good with these calc stuffs, but the feat and the foundation for the calc which is Moon of Planet Vegeta rather than Earth-like Planet seem really legit, so i think Mini-Neptune Mid is good too me, but let see if ByAsura have opinion on this
I like them too, but we definitely need evidence for Vegeta to be this large in the anime.

Wouldn't Planet Vegeta have moons similar size to Earth's moon? Since Planet Vegeta's moons, as well as Earth's moon, can produce enough blutz waves to cause the Saiyans to turn into their Oozaru forms

If so, we can scale Planet Vegeta in the anime based on that

It's not actually stated how many Blutz Waves the different moons produce (at least in the original subs). It's only stated that it takes over 17 million to initiate the transformation.

For all we know, the Earth could be outputting 170 million and Planet Vegeta's moon only produces 17 million.

All we do know is that they're different enough for a full moon to occur once every 80 years (again, in the original sub).

Last edited:
It's not actually stated how many Blutz Waves the different moons produce (at least in the original subs). It's only stated that it takes over 17 million to initiate the transformation.

For all we know, the Earth could be outputting 170 million and Planet Vegeta's moon only produces 17 million.
Yeah but we can't assume that without anything to say as such. I can also say both produce 17 million and it would be just as valid

So we know that both planets have a moon that can make them transform, so they're likely also similar in size since both can accomplish this and we have no information that claims otherwise
All we do know is that they're different enough for a full moon to be pretty rare.
Full Moon is once per month on Earth. Not sure about Planet Vegeta

You're making the claim that we can directly compare moons from two vastly different planets, so the burden of proof is on you.

The Saiyans are shown repeatedly to transform on all sorts of planets. We don't even know it both Earth and Vegeta produce the exact same or minimum amount of Blutz Waves.

Once per 80 years. I guess you missed the edit.

I said I liked some of them, but applicability is a completely different matter.

At least Small Star level should suffice for Frieza Saga Base Goku and scaleable characters. We can just list Frieza’s Supernova as a supporting feat with no calculation.

I’ll work out the scaling and changes to the Toei verse tomorrow.

xUwc9Rn.png

DBGT E31

Above are the diameter pixel values regarding Planet Vegeta and its moons.

Assuming Planet Vegeta is Earth Diameter but with 10x mass, a moon with the same Mass as Earth's moon would need an orbit axis of 1.86E+10 m to make an 8 year period orbit. Even if Planet Vegeta's moon was 1 kg, the orbit distance would be the same.

Using my previous chart, the orbit distances ranges in meters are below:
Earth 10xGliese 436 cMini-Neptune LowMini-Neptune MidMini-Neptune HighNeptuneEarth Density-like Planet
1.86E+102.44E+102.65E+103.70E+104.61E+104.58E+108.63E+10

Taking the low-end of 1.86E+10 m for 325 px, Planet Vegeta's radius is at least 1.73E+10 m. To meet the 10g surface gravity, the mass needs to be 4.39E+32 kg.

Below is the adjusted Energy value.

Planet Vegeta
Radiusm8.64E+09
Gravity Constantm3⋅kg−1⋅s−26.67E-11
Surface Gravitym/s^298.1
Masskg1.10E+32
Blast Radiusm1.33E+11
Times7
Blast Velocitym/s1.91E+10
KEJoules2.00E+52

Last edited:
So Planet Vegeta is like 100 times the mass of the sun then? I don't know how to feel about that

Also, the distance assumes that Planet Vegeta is Earth-Sized with 10G gravity to calculate the distance, but then uses the distance to re-calculate Planet Vegeta's size. Wouldn't that mean the distance to make an 8 year orbit will MASSIVELY change too?

So Planet Vegeta is like 100 times the mass of the sun then? I don't know how to feel about that

Also, the distance assumes that Planet Vegeta is Earth-Sized with 10G gravity to calculate the distance, but then uses the distance to re-calculate Planet Vegeta's size. Wouldn't that mean the distance to make an 8 year orbit will MASSIVELY change too?
I just calculated it, and a Planet this big with a moon having 8 year orbit period would make the period orbit around 0.2 Lightyears, and then pixelscaling that to Planet Vegeta would make it have a radius of 1/10 of a lightyear

I used the bare minimum orbit distance for the initial calc since that's the low-end to scale for planet size from the pixel distance.

I'll be adjusting the calculation later today since I forgot to apply the curvature correction, factor orbital position ranges in the reference image, as well as add an ang-sizing section that I'm still working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back