• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes even if they have the same name and model, guns in fiction isnt 1=1 to IRL.
no we are not getting LS guns or anything ridiculous like that with consistent supersonic statements. that's just ignoring everything to stick with a personal interpretation that doesn't hold up at all with reasoning.

Kirei would've blitzed through these slow firing intervals if he and the bullets were anywhere near LS.
Of course, in the final battle when he used it to pin down Kirei, he was able to buy himself five seconds where a normal submachine gun only would have gotten three. That extra two second advantage is a testament to the superiority of the helical magazine! …Okay, so it's not that much of a difference.
Actually it's isn't a typo, Castor is one of the Gemini Twins (Dioscuri) alongside Pollux
yeah, i just realized that but don't really hear them called that. though i don't remember and FTL feat.

Last edited:
I'm pretty neutral overall, but Servant speed being sub-rel to FTL is kinda hard to contest when you think about it, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero are before Fate/Extra and Fate/Grand Order, in fact there are years between the two groups of installments in the franchise, this makes it easy to argue, and has been argued, that the ladder two power creeped the former two. Your "consistency" lies in the former two, while the consistency this thread argues for is in the ladder two. This makes the argument very circular, since the first and third installments contradict the 6th and like 12th installments.

In other words, the arguments here for speed are up to personal interpretation, do we go with the early installments or the later installments? I prefer the ladder.

again this is too vague to be taken literally and we have a mountain of anti-feats in conjunction. Fate consistently in almost every series has a few very minor LS hyperbole statements that are contradicted by a massive amount of supersonic ones from those exact same series. GO is no different.
So what you're saying is that Beams of light don't move at Light speed unless they are explicitly stated to move at the speed of Light even though they are light itself............
statements are valid normally but fall flat in the face of feats, especially in combination with more statements backing up those feats.
Feats and statments Which are primarily from older works which Nasu himself acknowledged have been power creeped by Later showings GO but we've been over that already I guess....
the old stories fall apart because these are on screen feats backed up with countless amounts of evidence. GO does not considering it also has these same statements and then some few LS statements that are just statements and nothing else that are contradicted by the rest of Fate.
Same way stories now fall apart if they are Supersonic how does a supersonic sigurd dodge a LS attacks from holmes, How does a Supersonic Musashi block an attack from SOL Castor, how does a supersonic Houksai block attacks from Sublight speed Okita J, and how does a supersonic Hessian dodge one attack in microseconds and another in even less than that

there are tones of Feats to back up Sub-Rel to Rel movment and SOL/FTL Reaction speed but because for some reason attacks that are stated to be Beams of light dont move at the speed of light these days I don't know how to approach this so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree again

In other words, the arguments here for speed are up to personal interpretation, do we go with the early installments or the later installments? I prefer the ladder.
Almost two decades between where were at now and when FSN first dropped and if were talking when FGO first dropped that was over a decade after FSN , that said It's tough to say but when we think about stuff like consistency of statments if you have two contradicting statments it's usually the more recent ones that take precedent from my experience do with that what you will

Also can I count this as a vote or you'd prefer not to??

Almost two decades between where were at now and when FSN first dropped and if were talking when FGO first dropped that was over a decade after FSN , that said It's tough to say but when we think about stuff like consistency of statments if you have two contradicting statments it's usually the more recent ones that take precedent from my experience do with that what you will

Also can I count this as a vote or you'd prefer not to??
You can count me as a vote, I don't mind

So what you're saying is that Beams of light don't move at Light speed unless they are explicitly stated to move at the speed of Light even though they are light itself............

Feats and statments Which are primarily from older works which Nasu himself acknowledged have been power creeped by Later showings GO but we've been over that already I guess....

Same way stories now fall apart if they are Supersonic how does a supersonic sigurd dodge a LS attacks from holmes, How does a Supersonic Musashi block an attack from SOL Castor, how does a supersonic Houksai block attacks from Sublight speed Okita J, and how does a supersonic Hessian dodge one attack in microseconds and another in even less than that

there are tones of Feats to back up Sub-Rel to Rel movment and SOL/FTL Reaction speed but because for some reason attacks that are stated to be Beams of light dont move at the speed of light these days I don't know how to approach this so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree again
With this, I have decided to firmly set my feet in agreeing with the servant speed you mentioned... Two questions. Will this scale to 'servant-speed' humans: Shirou, Kerry, Kotomine, Bazzet, Rin, that school teacher of Rin and Shirou whose name I am forgetting? And will this affect the Nasuverse's speed rating as a whole since there is a lot of folks that scale to servant speed?

... Also, would've posted more to argue for either side, but I been reading the entirety of Fate/Kaleid and Fate/Redline. I apologize for my silence.

I'm pretty neutral overall, but Servant speed being sub-rel to FTL is kinda hard to contest when you think about it, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero are before Fate/Extra and Fate/Grand Order, in fact there are years between the two groups of installments in the franchise, this makes it easy to argue, and has been argued, that the ladder two power creeped the former two. Your "consistency" lies in the former two, while the consistency this thread argues for is in the ladder two. This makes the argument very circular, since the first and third installments contradict the 6th and like 12th installments.

the later installments have those exact same low showings though, so that's a big problem.
beams of light aren't light speed when characters that consistently cap inconceivably lower than anywhere near light speed can handle them.
power creep is from Beasts and whatnot.
Same way stories now fall apart if they are Supersonic how does a supersonic sigurd dodge a LS attacks from holmes, How does a Supersonic Musashi block an attack from SOL Castor
because all of these "light speed feats" aren't feats and just have light speed statements. so the statements themselves can be disregarded since they are overshadowed by many contradicting statements and blatant bullet timer struggling feats.

With this, I have decided to firmly set my feet in agreeing with the servant speed you mentioned... Two questions. Will this scale to 'servant-speed' humans: Shirou, Kerry, Kotomine, Bazzet, Rin, that school teacher of Rin and Shirou whose name I am forgetting? And will this affect the Nasuverse's speed rating as a whole since there is a lot of folks that scale to servant speed?

... Also, would've posted more to argue for either side, but I been reading the entirety of Fate/Kaleid and Fate/Redline. I apologize for my silence.
I don't think so because like we've been arguing for Majority of the thread FSN and F/Z got powercreeped so for now I think it's best to keep them at MHS scaling off the Hansa calc but we change their reasoning a bit if they scale to Servants and anyone conversely anyone who we can reliably scale to Servants post FGO inception would apply so the Arcuieds, The Extra Shiki's and EOS/Tsukihime Aoko's ect...

Damn Redline, that hasn't been updated in ages man shit was good too

because all of these "light speed feats" aren't feats and just have light speed statements. so the statements themselves can be disregarded since they are overshadowed by many contradicting statements and blatant bullet timer struggling feats.
How are dodging a trap in microseconds and parrying an SOL attack not a Feats??

Unfortunately for your argument Crystal, the anti-feats in the newer installments are actually outnumbered by the feats supporting, so ouch.

Unfortunately for your argument Crystal, the anti-feats in the newer installments are actually outnumbered by the feats supporting, so ouch.
unfortunately, not only is that claim already questionable, but those feats in conjunction with all of the same ones from the previous works obliterate LS from a logical standpoint. ignoring everything because "power creep" (when that statement that was never sent btw was likely referring to Beasts and the likes) isn't an argument and is just a way to try and push for the highest interpretation for characters even if it breaks the verse and logic entirely. so ouch.
How are dodging a trap in microseconds and parrying an SOL attack not a Feats??
because they rely on statements telling us they are that fast. while bullet timing doesn't need such things and it's just obvious characters struggle with bullets from guns from very direct and blatant on screen feats. the statements backing them up is just further proof but not primary evidence. and these feats and statements massively outweigh GO's few and far between feats.
I don't think so because like we've been arguing for Majority of the thread FSN and F/Z got powercreeped so for now I think it's best to keep them at MHS
MHS won't even work since that falls under your power creep logic still. so they'd be downgraded. and who exactly wouldn't scale? Kirei and the likes? are you arguing GO Servants get different keys still?

I don't think so because like we've been arguing for Majority of the thread FSN and F/Z got powercreeped so for now I think it's best to keep them at MHS scaling of the Hansa calc but we change their reasoning a but if they scale to Servants and anyone who we can reliably scale to Servants post FGO inception would apply so the Arcuieds, The Extra Shiki's and Aoko's ect...

Damn Redline, that hasn't been updated in ages man shit was good too
Methinks that certain Fate Humans - i.e Shirou, Bazzet, Kuzuki with Caster's reinforcement Rin with the Jeweled Sword, Dark Sakura - might deserve a possible rating due to the tomfoolery that happened and how they are capable of reacting to servants who popped up in FGO and had roles in it. But that might be more of a clusterfuck that's cost more than it is worth, so won't push for it, but will support those who push for it.

Also, good taste, Fallen.

^ the fact LS is already breaking scaling chains to where this is already a clusterfuck even trying to start a discussion on it shows how much this just doesn't work. it really just doesn't. it ignores pretty much everything established.

MHS won't even work since that falls under your power creep logic still. so they'd be downgraded. and who exactly wouldn't scale? Kirei and the likes? are you arguing GO Servants get different keys still?
It does work because the Calc was based off Hansa who has stated that he's below burial agency members and in that vein servants>>>>>Hansa so even if we scale Top Tier combat Mages to that Calc it shouldn't lead to too many problems since Servants shouldn't have scaled to that Calc in the first place because it's technically a Lowball

^ the fact LS is already breaking scaling chains to where this is already a clusterfuck even trying to start a discussion on it shows how much this just doesn't work. it really just doesn't. it ignores pretty much everything established.
Lots of stuff has broken the scaling chain before even if its accepted in this thread doesn't mean we apply it as is before we got to the current 6-C to Low 6-B that we have for AP now there were three or so threads dealing with the particulars no reason we can't take the time to do that here

Lots of stuff has broken the scaling chain before even if its accepted in this thread doesn't mean we apply it as is before we got to the current 6-C to Low 6-B that we have for AP now there were three or so threads dealing with the particulars no reason we can't take the time to do do that here
that doesn't mean we should break it more just because GO can't keep its shit together (not trying to sound aggressive).

with that being said, how does this work exactly? are we really arguing for literal LS range/Rel real life modeled guns like the Calico SMG? or are you arguing Kiritsugu and Kirei don't scale?

To be of some help... Hasn't this happened before? Like guns and other projectile-based weaponry be scaled much above their real-life counterpart due to them being able to harm those with speeds that are much faster than them? This is fiction, so we can ignore logic if there is evidence that supports ignoring reality at times.

To be of some help... Hasn't this happened before? Like guns and other projectile-based weaponry be scaled much above their real-life counterpart due to them being able to harm those with speeds that are much faster than them? This is fiction, so we can ignore logic if there is evidence that supports ignoring reality at times.
except all of the evidence in those series point to supersonic speeds. and if those bullets and Kirei were that fast, a 50 round magazine would not of bought him this much time.
Of course, in the final battle when he used it to pin down Kirei, he was able to buy himself five seconds where a normal submachine gun only would have gotten three. That extra two second advantage is a testament to the superiority of the helical magazine! …Okay, so it's not that much of a difference.
and if the firing intervals weren't of similar speed, then Kirei would've just blitzed to Kiritsugu during the turtle speed firing intervals.

well anyways my free time is up for now, so going to be replying a bit slower for a bit.

with that being said, how does this work exactly? are we really arguing for literal LS range/Rel real life modeled guns like the Calico SMG? or are you arguing Kiritsugu and Kirei don't scale?
Hahahahah I don't think I like the sound of Light speed SMG's no I'd rather argue that FGO Servants>>>>F/Z and F/SN servants using Nasu's statment, therefore Kirei and Kiritsugu don't scale to the Sub-rel to Rel combat speed and FTL reactions although a "possibly" FTL reactions is always an option

Just ignore the speed of older works. Because his main argument are pretty ridiculous. fiction guns = irl guns.
You can't just ignore the speed of older works, especially when it appears in GO too. We have Servants firing supersonic arrows (which is consistent with the other works), we have Kingu flying at 500 km/h being considered impressive alongside them needing Arash's NP to move at 300 km/h (which is consistent with the Rider's mounts going at 400-500 km/h in the older works and with Saber being injured by being tossed at a wall at 200 km/h by Kuzuki).

And guns can't be lightspeed. The novel even says that Kirei's reactions can't be greater than the speed of sound of the bullets.

Hahahahah I don't think I like the sound of Light speed SMG's no I'd rather argue that FGO Servants>>>>F/Z and F/SN servants using Nasu's statment, therefore Kirei and Kiritsugu don't scale to the Sub-rel to Rel combat speed and FTL reactions although a "possibly" FTL reactions is always an option
I hope that giving "Possibly FTL reactions" to human fate characters is going to be a thing! If servant speed is going to be upgraded, then, the humans should to as a lot of them scale to 'em in one way or another. Mostly in the case of Prisma!Illya, Bazzet, and possibly Shirou.

You can't just ignore the speed of older works, especially when it appears in GO too. We have Servants firing supersonic arrows (which is consistent with the other works), we have Kingu flying at 500 km/h being considered impressive alongside them needing Arash's NP to move at 300 km/h (which is consistent with the Rider's mounts going at 400-500 km/h in the older works and with Saber being injured by being tossed at a wall at 200 km/h by Kuzuki).

And guns can't be lightspeed. The novel even says that Kirei's reactions can't be greater than the speed of sound of the bullets.
For the first the same servant is tell to shoot arrow quicker, and we don't know by how much time.

For the rest for servant it's just travel speed which already show to not have anything to do with combat and reaction speed.

which is consistent with the Rider's mounts going at 400-500 km/h in the older works
I thought we disregarded skill descriptions cause I'm pretty sure earlier someone said we can't use Santa Karnas statement in his Materials pertaining to him punching at Faster than the speed of Light because it was just a skill description???

I hope that giving "Possibly FTL reactions" to human fate characters is going to be a thing! If servant speed is going to be upgraded, then, the humans should to as a lot of them scale to 'em in one way or another. Mostly in the case of Prisma!Illya, Bazzet, and possibly Shirou.
Ehhhh Prisma is a bit......well in any case If this does go through I'll make a follow up thread or two detailing how the revisions themselves should be implemented and how to deal with Top tier combat mages from earlier works like Kirei or Kiritsugu

If were talking Prisma Movie/Third Season Shirou and Maybe HF Shirou then he just blatantly Scales to Servants post FGO inception

We all know that Prisma Illya is a clusterfuck when everything is considered, but I enjoy it anyway. And anyhow, when you do make your follow-up thread; contact me and I'll readily give my support in it.

Understandable. Although, if HF!Shirou scales to Post FGO! Inception... well, uh... FSN Shirou is kinda stuck in a weird position on how he scales due to how Tracing works so he may need a thread of his own to work out his issues. cough Gilgamesh Fight for UBW!Shirou, that one bad end fight with Saber Alter for HF!Shirou, whilst Fate!Shirou is still the weakest cough

Just ignore the speed of older works. Because his main argument are pretty ridiculous. fiction guns = irl guns.
putting Servants at speeds they don't operate at through the vast majority of works and even a bit of GO is what's ridiculous and pure wank.

since you my post completely went over your head, allow me to repost it.
if those bullets are as fast as you are wanking them to be and the firing intervals are anywhere near as fast, 50 rounds in a drum mag would not buy him five seconds. and if the intervals were normal speed, then Kirei would've blitzed towards him during the intervals. next time don't call someone's argument ridiculous when you're supporting completely absurd viewpoints that fall apart under the slightest amount of scrutiny in some attempt to wank a series.

unfortunately, not only is that claim already questionable, but those feats in conjunction with all of the same ones from the previous works obliterate LS from a logical standpoint. ignoring everything because "power creep" (when that statement that was never sent btw was likely referring to Beasts and the likes) isn't an argument and is just a way to try and push for the highest interpretation for characters even if it breaks the verse and logic entirely. so ouch.
Typemoon Ace 13

Takeuchi: Also, not something we can bring to the forefront, but we updated the order of the Dead Apostle Ancestors.

Nasu: Back when we established the abilities of the 27 Ancestors, we thought having a cetrain levl of power was enough to make one a top ranker among Dead Apostles. But, judging our dear members of the 27 Ancestors by the post-Fate/stay Night Kinoko Fantasy standards, the ones who are just "relatively amazing" will have to leave... In our current era, having decent strength and abilities doesn't cut for someone trying to call themself a Dead Apostle Ancestor. I'm sorry, better luck next incarnation!

The world of Dead Apostle is in a tough fight for survival...

Nasu:
Taking TsukiR's final destination into consideration, I organized which members needed to be laid off, which new members needed to be added, and which pre-existing members needed to be upgraded. That said, it's already been 10 years since I came up with the new Dead Apostle Ancestore lore, so now I regret not having made them a bit stronger.

Yeah, FGO has a series of world-threatening enemies, so the Dead Apostle Ancestors could feel lacking if strong enough in comparison.

Nasu:
FGO introduced a lot of new lore. But FGO's scale is only that large because TsukiR was produced first and laid that groundwork. Without TsukiR, FGO would have ended as a much smaller story. In that sense, pausing TsukiR's production to produce FGO paid off, and we'll get the brand new experience of seeing people learning what those plot points they've seen in FGO were about.

Last edited:
Typemoon Ace 13
the same guy who said Excalibur couldn't be replicated when it could and other nonsensical interview statements, even though top-tier DAAs can be compared to Crimson Moon and several characters by the time of MB have survived moons being slammed into them, physically destroying Nrvnqsr with his continent level durability with only 510 of his lives and speed feats that consistently dwarf Fate. and the Remake's showings are actually much lower than the original Tsukihime massively as of right now. this is why Nasu's statements need to be gauged on a case by case basis. if they contradict his works, they should be discarded.

the power creep mentioned also gives no mention of Servants being stronger, just a general power creep which could easily refer to Beasts.

the same guy who said Excalibur couldn't be replicated when it could and other nonsensical interview statements, even though top-tier DAAs can be compared to Crimson Moon and several characters by the time of MB have survived moons being slammed into them and speed feats that consistently dwarf Fate. and the Remake's showings are actually much lower. this is why Nasu's statements need to be gauged on a case by case basis. if they contradict his works, they should be discarded.
And in this case looking at how servant showings have seemingly improved the interview statment holds up especially since his says "Post FSN" as well indicating that it coincides with the Power Creep argument wherein Servants have gotten stronger in works that came after early installments like the FSN VN's

And in this case looking at how servant showings have seemingly improved the interview statment holds up especially since his says "Post FSN" as well indicating that it coincides with the Power Creep argument
said power creep never even references Servants, meaning it could just be referring to the setting of GO as a whole with Beasts and Gods and whatnot. and the DAAs that were shown in the original dwarf most of GO and the entirety of the Remake's feats except one, further showing this is one of those interview statements that lacks credibility. granted, the ones in the original were some of the best of the best, but those are the only ones we saw .

the same guy who said Excalibur couldn't be replicated when it could and other nonsensical interview statements, even though top-tier DAAs can be compared to Crimson Moon and several characters by the time of MB have survived moons being slammed into them, physically destroying Nrvnqsr with his continent level durability with only 510 of his lives and speed feats that consistently dwarf Fate. and the Remake's showings are actually much lower than the original Tsukihime massively as of right now. this is why Nasu's statements need to be gauged on a case by case basis. if they contradict his works, they should be discarded.

the power creep mentioned also gives no mention of Servants being stronger, just a general power creep which could easily refer to Beasts.
Excalibur can't be normaly replicated, i mean replicated and loosing you life because you have do it doesn't discard what he have tell.

And in term of speed feat they're are technicaly lower many time, you just decide to count the lighting feat for them and not for servant lol

Excalibur can't be normaly replicated, i mean replicated and loosing you life because you have do it doesn't discard what he have tell.

And in term of speed feat they're are technicaly lower many time, you just decide to count the lighting feat for them and not for servant lol
it can be replicated. it being used just results in the death of someone that doesn't have high enough magical energy to handle it, but it can still be replicated.

Tsukihime speed feats do not have low end anti feats, especially not in the majority like Fate. give me some evidence.

said power creep never even references Servants, meaning it could just be referring to the setting of GO as a whole with Beasts and Gods and whatnot. and the DAAs that were shown in the original dwarf most of GO and the entirety of the Remake's feats except one, further showing this is one of those interview statements that lacks credibility. granted, the ones in the original were some of the best of the best, but those are the only ones we saw .
It primeraly compare it to servant. And in the original most of DAA were weak as hell except the higher one. Like lol many of them got killed by the church.... The remake is with the lower class of ennemy you know.... You like compare the feat of the best DAA in original with the one in remake that are tell to be like some of the weakest one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back