• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Outer-God confronts your Verse or Verses

....So baseline? Then GG

But in all seriousness, comparing High 1-As is hella difficult tbh.

Who knows? Lovecraft got to where he is at a time when even being Low 1-C was insanely powerful.

If an actual writer for an official series went on here and tried getting their verse added, would they be able to? Random question. Cause if so I need to try writing a novel with the strongest verse, also containing the weakest characters. Just for the lol's.

No, I'd try writing as much characters as I can for each tier. Each one having unique hax, for as many opportunities to create new vs battles as I could get.

RinneItachi said:
If an actual writer for an official series went on here and tried getting their verse added, would they be able to? Random question. Cause if so I need to try writing a novel with the strongest verse, also containing the weakest characters. Just for the lol's.
If it's notable then.....maybe? I have no idea how that would go down.

I remember one guy writing an SCP story and trying to get it added in revisions, which would've upgraded 343 to 1-A, but it got denied, partially because it wasn't upvoted enough (SCP's and tales need at least 10 to be considered), but also because it was made by a site member clearly trying to upgrade the verse, and some of the upvotes were given by obvious site members, due to their names. Still, that's the SCP verse, which would be different than someone writing their own verse.

Nyarlathotep shows up in Gravity Falls and shows Bill who's the true master of chaos and makes him crap his own pants (yes i know Bill probably wouldn't be scared,it's just a way of me saying "Nyarlathotep makes Bill look like a kitten in comparison")

Bill meeting Nyar would be pretty interesting. And Bill would probably be intimidated by someone who views destroying countless universes as something even his pets find laughable.

Planck69 said:
Bill meeting Nyar would be pretty interesting. And Bill would probably be intimidated by someone who views destroying countless universes as something even his pets find laughable.
but Bill is pretty arrogant and cocky,i don't see him being easily intimidated (although scared or not Nyarlathotep still is infinitely more powerful than he could ever hope to be)

Also true,Bill meeting Nyarla would be pretty interesting since they're both masters of chaos.

Bill tells Nyar of his plans to escape Gravity Falls' barrier and Nyar nukes earth for the heck of it, just to see the look on his face (he's also done this in canon weirdly enough).

Imo, Bill would be scared. From what I see, Bill becomes extremely desperate and afraid when presented with a threat. Willing to beg, even to lowly, random humans, then immediately trying to get his way through force, after his attempt fails. In my perspective, Bill is like a child. Give them a lot of power, and they'll almost certainly do what they want with it, regardless of the negative effects it may have on them or others, but will easily break apart in the presence of any real danger. In this case, the question is what would Bill think of such a being that they transcend Bill on a more than infinite dimensional level, even with it's mere avatars? A being that, with a mere thought, could wipe away Bill in every possible aspect at once? Bill would be extremely terrified, to find out about the existence of such a being. He would do absolutely anything to try receiving Nyarlathotep's sparing. And if he learned about the other CM gods, let alone beings like Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth, man. That's just my view, though.

Nyarlathotep's go-to avatar just looks like a tall human and adding onto the fact that he can masquerade as a mortal just fine, most people won't notice his power immediately (unless your Randolph Carter and can just....detect 1-As). And considering how he tortured a group of gods just because he was grumpy, Bill would be in a really bad position should he try to screw him over.

Of course, he could offer to be one of Nyar's followers, he's relatively lenient on people like that (usually

Imagine Nyar letting him get passed the Gate, then Bill just goes insane from what he sees. Honestly, though, I kind of wonder what would happen if Bill received some 1-A+ or High 1-A level of power.

Imagine Bill meeting Hypnos while in the Dreamscape one day. That'll sure be interesting, a dream demon meeting the God of Dreams.

Planck69 said:
Bill tells Nyar of his plans to escape Gravity Falls' barrier and Nyar nukes earth for the heck of it, just to see the look on his face (he's also done this in canon weirdly enough).
Yeah Nyar would completely scare the shit out of Bill. I think it would be a humble experience for the poor little triangle.

most of the elder gods would probably be like WTF when they see WD Gaster popping up everywherein the court of azathoth

Gaster would get yeeted by a single Gate, much less the Outer Void. And the Elder Gods don't reside within the Court of Azathoth.

Elder Gods resides within the gates, Outer Gods and the court of Azathoth transcends the gates, it is Gasper who will become insane by entering the higher gates.

Gaster is like, just arguably omnipresent across timelines, and beyond standard time and space. He has no actual, concrete feats to speak of, aside from creating the CORE and some stuff in the True Lab. He would not be able to reach such a high level of existence without help from a CM entity. And if he reached something like the Outervoid, somehow, he would go insane.

Actually, we're not even sure what the Elder Gods are and where their place in the cosmology is so that might not immediately be the case. And did we even get to a conclusion regarding the Gates? Fan said they're either 1-A+ or High 1-A. Some others put them at High 1-B etc.

If Chara encountered an Outer God's avatar, and understood how powerful the god is, I wonder how they would act. I'd guess they'd try to either make a deal with them, or try to kill them. Either way it wouldn't go well for Chara, most likely. Also, talking about Post-Genocide Chara, of course.

I'm just hoping Toby somehow makes the Annoying Dog tier 0 on accident, so that AD can be among the strongest fictional characters.

Chara's best bet would probably be to make some deal with a more intimate God like Nyar's Avatars, Yog Sothoth, Yig, or that hammerhead spawn of Azathoth from the EU whose name escapes me currently.

Chara being a super powerful being acting as a Herald for some Outer God either for their amusement of to expand some dominion of control in the dreamlands is actually quite common within the Cthulhu Mythos. Especially in the EU.

I could see it. Making a deal with an Outer God for power, but will need to serve them from there on. How strong are Outer God Herald's, though? I'm guessing somewhere in 1-A levels?

RinneItachi said:
I could see it. Making a deal with an Outer God for power, but will need to serve them from there on. How strong are Outer God Herald's, though? I'm guessing somewhere in 1-A levels?
Based purely on how powerful Hypnos made that random mortal, 1-A+ or something comparable.

God, it's hard to imagine a 1-A+ Chara. I'm sure there's some AU out there that makes all Undertale characters 1-A or something ridiculous though, lol. Maybe I should make one and add pages for them on Joke Battles Wiki or something. I already made a ridiculous Joke Battles Wiki page for a YouTuber, anyways.

I mean I'm still wrapping my head around how vast and strong Marvel's Oblivion is and how Chaos King was just a tiny aspect of him capable of so much. Then you compare to Nyar who is shown to be pretty much Entropy itself and to be much stronger then Marvel's Oblivion... and then take into account that Nyar is a 'weaker' Outer God relatively and yeah. That's quite a scale.

Dreaming Serpent said:
I mean I'm still wrapping my head around how vast and strong Marvel's Oblivion is and how Chaos King was just a tiny aspect of him capable of so much. Then you compare to Nyar who is shown to be pretty much Entropy itself and to be much stronger then Marvel's Oblivion... and then take into account that Nyar is a 'weaker' Outer God relatively and yeah. That's quite a scale.
Nyar isn't a weak Outer God actually, none of them are. Things like hierarchies and power quantity are completely meaningless to beings on their level. Still, the fact that his undimensioned shadows can stomp Marvel by breathing is pretty insane.

His cosmology can get pretty insane too. An addition by his fellow author to canon reveals that their is an entire hierarchy of universes, where an infinite-dimensional universe is rendered an atom with non-existent space and time in a higher universe, which is therefore 1-A and this universe is itself an atom in a higher universe ad infinitum. Him and his friends were pretty creative.

Well, Alovenas also use that kind of cosmology (Lower universes is just atom/molecule in the higher universes), the author seems have knowledge about Cthulhu Mythos, well Thulhu exist so.

MagiSinbad said:
ftw, Lovecraft accidently created one of the the most powerful verse ever since 20th century
I think Lovecraft benefits too not having to adhere to normal narrative/comic book rules. He doesn't have to create cheap and contrived ways for his Horrors, Gods, and Monsters to be defeated like in Marvel. I distinctly remember how powerful guys like the First Firmament, Chaos King, and the Beyonders felt and supposedly were in their build up but because of the rules of comics, they have be defeated 99% of the time by the end of the day even if it doesn't make any sense.

For Chaos King, it was him being sealed into a pocket reality/multi-reality without him knowing.

For the Beyonders, it was Doctor Doom defeating them off screen.

For the First Firmament, it was his younger siblings all ganging up on him at the very end.

These guys are still cool concepts but compared to the Cthulhu Mythos (Both direct canon and EU) guys like Cxaxukluth don't have to be restricted with plot contrivances like those and are free to destroy and reproduce asexually as much as they want.

That reminds me, I have to make profiles for Yig and Tsathoggua once the forum move is complete. Already did Ghatanothoa so I should probably round off some of the other creatures.

Unfortunately, Hastur is only mentioned once in the entirety of the canon Mythos and this was just a name-drop. We can't really give him a profile.

I'm more focused on getting the other Weird Tales stories here since they're actually canon. It'd be interesting to get people like Chaugnar Faun and such on the wiki. But their stories are hella hard to find online.

Back