• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since the tiering sytem revisions are almost certainly getting pulled forward, i wanted to add my two cents providing another perspective to the mythos, this being azatoth/the absolute acting as the supreme being of the verse instead of yog/ the supreme archetype. Bear with me.

I propose these changes based on this blog. It is written in portuguese, but the translator does a pretty good job, so there shouldn't be any major issues

https://infinityomniverse.blogspot.com/

i will link below the most important articles regarding this revisions

Lovecraft and theosophy
The mythos scale
From chaos we came
Cosmicism
Kabbalah and hemetic influences in the mythos
Azatoth
Yog-Sototh
Hierarchy
Chaos and archetypes in the mythos

In summary, the author makes a very solid point Azzy being the supreme being of the verse. Lovecraft, who was a firm atheist, was influenced by a multitude of mystical schools and doctrines during the creation phase of his mythos, some very explicits and some more veiled. One of the former ones is Theosophy, mentioned in tales like The call of cthulhu. The author suggests that the concept of Azatoth was heavely inspired by the concept of Parabrahman, the Hegelian Absolute, a "being" devoid of any atributtes, qualities, potentialites and essence, being beyond the states of being and non-being, more akin to a stete of "be-ness" (theosophycal term). Remember that Azatoth is NOT the real name of this entity, it is just the "hideous name" given by the necronomicon,
a mere attempt to give a face to the chaos. A parallelism is the greek mythos concept of the Primordial Chaos, of wich lovecraft was defeneatly aware (I really recommend to read the articles)

The Supreme Archetype/Yog would then be akin to the concept of Brahman, The ein soph, the abolute manifest reality, the first logos of thesophy, who comprises the entirety of reality via emmanation from the absolute. Again, yog sototh is not his real name, just a fractilized version we humans give to the infinite fractal that is the Supreme Archetype.

I must add that the author is not a random powerscaler, he well versed in philosophy and knows what he is talking about. I reccomend reading the rest of his blog. This article is agood summary

https://infinityomniverse.blogspot.com/2021/07/metafisica-basica-e-aplicacoes-na-ficcao.html

Again, i highly reccomed to read the original blog, which is way better articulted than i've done here

So, if i undersand the tier revisions correctly, Azzy would reach tier 0 while The supreme archetype would be High 1A+, being the entirety of azzy emmanation/dream. It is a similar case of God/Maya of Seekers of the mystery.

Tldr:
The Nameless Chaos=Azatoth=tier 0
The Supreme Archetype=Yog Sototh=tier high 1A+

PD: im NOT the author of the blog, so i unfortunately can't answer any questions in his behalf beyond what is written. If somehow anyone knows the original author it would be a great contribution.

Last edited:
Also, if anyone could tag some staff that might be interested it would be really helpful. Thanks

PD: im NOT the author of the blog, so i unfortunately can't answer any questions in his behalf beyond what is written. If somehow anyone knows the original author it would be a great contribution.
are you in contact with them? and I would also like to ask if you got permission from them to post this as well

are you in contact with them? and I would also like to ask if you got permission from them to post this as well
Its been over 2 years since the last post, so no.
However im not copy pasting his content word by word nor saying we should do It, im just sharing a link to a external website, wich is done in this forum everyday. Dont know how is there any issue

Back