• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Outer-God confronts your Verse or Verses

Chaugnar is pretty scary and active, I remember him being a pretty good antagonist in the Horror From The Hills. Yeah his creator Frank Belknap Long is awesome. I also reccomend Clark Ashton Smith, I think most of his stories would be considered canon, and he's actually really good too.

I'm sure you've written the one by Lovecraft: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/hm.aspx

The Horror From The Hills is something available in PDFs last I checked.

I finally read through the recent CM revision thread that we were talking about. Now I understand things a lot more clearly. It was a pain going through all of that, though.

Dreaming Serpent said:
Chaugnar is pretty scary and active, I remember him being a pretty good antagonist in the Horror From The Hills. Yeah his creator Frank Belknap Long is awesome. I also reccomend Clark Ashton Smith, I think most of his stories would be considered canon, and he's actually really good too.
I'm sure you've written the one by Lovecraft: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/hm.aspx

The Horror From The Hills is something available in PDFs last I checked.
These were the authors accepted to be canon;

• Howard Phillips Lovecraft
  • August Derleth
  • Frank Belknap Long
  • Robert E Howard
  • Clark Ashton Smith
  • Robert Bloch
So he's clear for the wiki. By the way, do you have any links to some of those PDFs?

On Fan's blog regarding the matter, only everything up to Derleth was accepted for use on this wiki.

Derleth is a weird one considering he reimagines the Mythos to be more of a straight up Good vs Evil series on a Cosmic Scale. Which isn't uninteresting or bad mind you, it's just really different to what Lovecraft had written. But Howard did give him the okay to do what he wanted and to Augusts's credit, he did help spread the Mythos to more readers and writers so kudos to him in that regard. Clark Ashton Smith was very concise in his writing so I'm glad people are starting to give him the attention he deserves. The Dweller in the Gulf is one of my favorites.

Derleth stuff can probably be used since we're likely going with the "many-perspectives" interpretation of the Cthulhu Mythos cosmology. I'd like to see some more Elder Gods on the wiki tbh. And yeah, Clark and Frank had the closest resonance with Lovecraft and his philosophy.

Back