• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Outer-God confronts your Verse or Verses

Question: would the SCP Foundation manage to contain Nyarlathotep?

But in another way i mean would Nyarlathotep allow himself to be contained just for *****' n giggles / his own amusement?

I mean there are many SCPs that basically are contained because they contain themselves so i wonder if this would work.

The Golden Moustache said:
Question: would the SCP Foundation manage to contain Nyarlathotep?
But in another way i mean would Nyarlathotep allow himself to be contained just for *****' n giggles / his own amusement?

I mean there are many SCPs that basically are contained because they contain themselves so i wonder if this would work.
nope maybe with swann's proposal but no

Nyar has appeared to mortals before (and trolled or drove them insane). I think he would have one of his avatars, probably the Haunter in the Dark stay with the Foundation.

And Nyar curbstomps SCP with a pinkie so force is obviously out of the question.

Planck69 said:
Nyar has appeared to mortals before (and trolled or drove them insane). I think he would have one of his avatars, probably the Haunter in the Dark stay with the Foundation.
And Nyar curbstomps SCP with a pinkie so force is obviously out of the question.
even with swann's proposal?

I know the SCP Foundation couldn't do it with force,otherwise Nyarlathotep would just curbstomp them.

I'm thinking they could somewhat manage to convince Nyarlathotep to allow himself to be contained if they do something that can amuse him idk.

@Uniasha

You know his profile is outdated right? Even his avatars might be High 1-A.

Talking about Nyarlathotep,why do i have a feeling that if he was in DC Comics he'd find The Joker interesting?

I mean Joker is all about chaos and destruction and madness,something Nyarlathotep likes,maybe Nyarlathotep could make Joker one of his agents of chaos idk.

Uniasha said:
@Planck69

if it was comfirmed then i would believe it. but for now that just remains a speculation
Nah, its been evaluated and everyone agreed, we only need to wait until the explanation blog for it to be completed.

Uniasha said:
@Planck69
if it was comfirmed then i would believe it. but for now that just remains a speculation
I could give you a summary of why they're that high right now if you want. We still need Azzy and Fan to evaluate them but this was accepted since November.

The Golden Moustache said:
Talking about Nyarlathotep,why do i have a feeling that if he was in DC Comics he'd find The Joker interesting?
I mean Joker is all about chaos and destruction and madness,something Nyarlathotep likes,maybe Nyarlathotep could make Joker one of his agents of chaos idk.
Nyar is a massive trickster, maybe they'd exchange notes.

What would Nyar think of Jevil? You think he'd give him ridiculous abilities that'd make it so he really could do anything by Undertale/Deltarune standards? I really need to read the Cthulhu Mythos stuff, because it seems really interesting.

@RinneItachi

Nyar is more for giving promises only to have them horribly backfire on the recepients. That doesn't bode well for Jevil.

Try The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath if you want a taste of Lovecraft's whimsical side (with a pinch of horror). It features semi-friendly zombies, an army of militant cats, sideways-mouthed sasquatches and flying, faceless, tickle monsters. It was... weird to say the least.

Imagine 3812 trying to transcend the CM, and one of the fodder Outer Gods is like "Lol no" then erases him from existence in every way with a thought. Although, tbf, if reality-fiction interaction was considered legitimate, he would already be the strongest fictional character ever written. Also, I doubt Yog-Sothoth would care about 3812 in the slightest. If we assumed they were apart of a mixed verse, 3812 would be a completely irrelevant aspect of Yog-Sothoth, about as meaningful to the All In One as a standard human. At least that's what I would guess.

RinneItachi said:
Imagine 3812 trying to transcend the CM, and one of the fodder Outer Gods is like "Lol no" then erases him from existence in every way with a thought. Although, tbf, if reality-fiction interaction was considered legitimate, he would already be the strongest fictional character ever written.
that already happened to superman but that version is not on ths wiki

RinneItachi said:
Imagine 3812 trying to transcend the CM, and one of the fodder Outer Gods is like "Lol no" then erases him from existence in every way with a thought. Although, tbf, if reality-fiction interaction was considered legitimate, he would already be the strongest fictional character ever written.
Hypnos could make a mortal 1-A+ on a whim and he himself High 1-A yet the latter got yeeted with a glance, 3812 would be in over his head. And regarding reality-fiction transcendence, it can never be legit since characters can't just pop out of our screen. It's always gonna be a fictional representation of the real world.

I know, Milkman-Man. On par with the irl DC writers iirc. Can destroy the Over-Void by pressing a button. But it's also a non-canon joke character. Even if we counted him and reality-fiction interaction, though, 3812 still surpasses completely, as Milkman-Man would only exist on a level above DC, in the real world, while 3812 transcends even that, and layers many times beyond that.

Planck69 said:
RinneItachi said:
Hypnos could make a mortal 1-A+ on a whim and he himself High 1-A yet the latter got yeeted with a glance, 3812 would be in over his head. And regarding reality-fiction transcendence, it can never be legit since characters can't just pop out of our screen. It's always gonna be a fictional representation of the real world.
I know, I was speaking hypothetically, not theoretically.

Uniasha said:
maybe yogsothoth might help scp 3812 with his insanity if he yog was interested
If he didn't help Hypnos, he ain't even noticing 3812

Although, if something in the primary narrative gets up to 1-A, 3812 will get a big upgrade. I wish someone would make 1-A level SCP's that aren't supposed to be above fiction, because it doesn't make sense.

@Uniasha

That doesn't mean much. A Human did what 3812 did with some drugs and help from a lesser god. He went mad and was so irrelevant that we never even got his name. A 1-A+ is nothing special to an Outer God much less the Supreme Archetype.

Imagine what Ben did to Sam Howell, Hypnos did something similar to a random human, except on a much higher level as 3812 needs to transcend narratives overtime, which, imo, there aren't actually infinite of, and Hypnos himself is so far beyond Ben that infinity doesn't come close to describing it. Hypnos himself isn't anything compared to the higher level Outer Gods, let alone Yog-Sothoth. That's what I understand from what I've read, at least.

Planck69 said:
@Uniasha
That doesn't mean much. A Human did what 3812 did with some drugs and help from a lesser god. He went mad and was so irrelevant that we never even got his name. A 1-A+ is nothing special to an Outer God much less the Supreme Archetype.
Oh yeah, and isn't Yog-Sothoth becoming 0 in both keys?

RinneItachi said:
Oh yeah, and isn't Yog-Sothoth becoming 0 in both keys?
Oh no, Umr-at-Tawil is probably becoming High 1-A but no more than that. The 0s will be the second keys of the Outer Gods, Yogs and Azzy. Maybe the SA might get a profile or be a key on Yog-Sothoth's profle but who knows.

Imagine what Ben did to Sam Howell, Hypnos did something similar to a random human, except on a much higher level as 3812 needs to transcend narratives overtime, which, imo, there aren't actually infinite of, and Hypnos himself is so far beyond Ben that infinity doesn't come close to describing it. Hypnos himself isn't anything compared to the higher level Outer Gods, let alone Yog-Sothoth. That's what I understand from what I've read, at least.

Hypnos is High 1-A so he already nukes 3812. He got yeeted by some fragmentary Outer Gods looking at him. Yogs definitely ain't noticing Sam.

The only characters that beat the fractal Outer Gods are the above baseline High 1-As like the Shinza crew, Twin Peaks etc. The true OGs only lose out to Tier 0s.

RinneItachi said:
Not very knowledgeable on Yakou, but in his Gudou God key, I'm guessing he'd only be comparable to the low level Outer God's, not certain though.
Against their fragments, Yakou stomps. Against their true forms, Shinza gets stomped.

GLHF22 said:
Isnt all Outer Gods have Tier 0 immortality?
More so that they just...can't die. Death would require change, the concept of which they've long since transcended.

Planck69 said:
Uniasha said:
the prescence?
Is he baseline High 1-A? If so, gets yeeted.
Since the wiki believes that he is equal to The Source and Overvoid, his second key is equal to where this wiki places the Overvoid, which, in attack potency, has this written:

"The Monitor-Mind is the unconscious void of nothingness that lies as the background of all creation, standing utterly devoid of definition, beyond the crumbling ledge of the Source Wall wherein Thought itself ceases to be and all dual concepts are dissolved into unity. Represents the white canvas of the comicbook itself, being the ground of being in which all characters and concepts of DC Comics are drawn in, and acting as the middle ground between the fictional reality occupied by them and the world of the Writer".

Edit: I don't really know what this means on a High 1-A level, I'm just guessing you know what it means.

Back