• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Actual Fairy Tail Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Torch said:
Actually now that I think of it, Jura managed to hurt Jellal in their GMG fight, and Laxus beat Jura later. So it should scale to all the current 7-B's.
Is it okay to backscale this way?

It's not really backscaling. This feat is from Tartaros arc, which was right after GMG. Jellal wouldn't have grown inbetween one arc. Plus they were hyping the "Sema" attack back in the Jellal vs Jura fight

It's scaling upwards by a fair degree, this a jellal who is weaker than DF Natsu and Mard Geer, and then Natsu becomes stronger than that in his base and then has a new powered up form, that can one shot characters that his base can not, since the calc is 1.4 gigatons, you need about a 3x increase to meet baseline 6-C, I think it is quite believable that after a year of training where the guild master said everyone got significantly stronger than before, that the 7-A's would meet that 6-C tier

Dude, we're talking about Semma now, Jellal's attack against The oracion Seis is what was calced at High 7-A

Oh ok I thought u met the one at the top 😂 but yeah it's weird how Jellal got downgraded w/ everyone else but he has a feat that High 7-A unless it was talked about somewhere

If I'm remembering right Jura really didn't do shit to Jellal, just staggered him a bit. You could argue he scales to Jellal's weaker attacks due to blocking Grand Chariot however, which would make all 7-B's 7-A since Sema is a baseline High 7-A move and they would scale to somewhat weaker moves.

I'm fairly sure that Invel calc was brought here and accepted as Mountain level, until someone addressed it, but I can't particularly remember.

Just look at the comments of the blog post. But I have no idea on how to find that thread.

No, Jura was pretty much equal to Jellal, neither of them took any damage in their fight, and jellal said he needed Semma to win, so 7-B's still scale to High 7-A, and once again I believe there is enough of a gap in power between FDKM Natsu and Tartaros Jellal, to make the 7-A's at least baseline 6-C

What people are taking issue with is the evidence needed though.

What evidence is there that Tartaros Jellal is so much weaker than post-2nd-timeskip Jellal? There's no indication he trained or got stronger, and he has no direct comparisons to the main cast to gather evidence from afaik.

If Invel was already denied after being scrutinized then RIP I guess, but there's still Sema

As well, the one shotting idea is that you need to have a 3x AP and Natsu and Jellal both one shot Neinheart who is stronger than or equal to Tartaros Jellal, so once again more evidence to 6-C characters, plus you really think jellal was not training for the year in which he was prepping to fight Zeref

Neinhart blasted current Jellal under the water so hard he needed help to save himself from drowning, so if Neinhart is >= to Tartaros Jellal then he'd also be comparable to current Jellal. So again I can't find any evidence of Tartaros Jellal getting stronger over the year. All he was doing was taking out fodder and travelling around.

"For one shotting you would need to have 3x AP"

No, that's false. The bare minimum for one shotting is 10x and that's been discussed already.

Actually it's considered to be around 5x for many.

Of course it's unquantifiable entirely, so guessing it in general is pointless

So if one shotting is around 5x then the 7-A's are certainly 6-C, however if you still don't believe

saying Jellal was not stronger after the one year timeskip is really hard to believe, Pre Timeskip Jellal is equal to or slightly weaker than Laxus or maybe slightly stronger, you can't wank him to Mard Geer's Level, I like Jellal, but he isn't that good, Mard Geer's Base is comparable to Jellal and then Mard Geer goes Etherious and then DF Natsu dominates him, then Base Natsu is now stronger than his previous DF and has a new Dragon Force which is at least 3x base, it's not a huge jump to 6-C, in fact it makes quite a lot of sense, plus with them being at this level, it doesn't mess with the fact that they are still weaker than Irene and August

TartarosJellal=<BaseMardGeer<EtheriousMardGeer=<DFNatsu<BaseNastu<DFNatsu

And Dragon Force is at least a 3x modifier to Base and Natsu is stronger than Jellal in Tartaros after the second year timeskip

Ok....r we allowed to use multipliers cause if not then I don't see anyone getting an upgrade but if so then I can take a 7-A or High 7-A but not past that

Its not that hard to see that they are 6-C, cause I get we don't use multipliers but still the characters should at least be three times stronger if they can one shot other High 7-A's that re already stronger than other High 7-A's

That's not how it works. Again that'd only place then at AT Least High 7-A. For example I'm not upgrading Luffy to baseline 6-C via being stronger than people who one shot High 7-A characters. Esdeath isn't baseline 6-C despite one shotting people who one shot High 7-A+ characters.

So is your argument, you're just assuming that Jellal would dominate Mard Geer in his Etherious form, when there is no evidence for that, there is tons of evidence that FDKM Natsu is at least 3x stronger than Tartaros Arc Jellal, I can't believe it's so hard to see how the 7-A's are 6-C, I mean you downscaled in NNT, this is a very small upscale and I believe that there is enough to quantify the spriggans at 6-C

Knightofannihilation666 said:
That's not how it works. Again that'd only place then at AT Least High 7-A. For example I'm not upgrading Luffy to baseline 6-C via being stronger than people who one shot High 7-A characters. Esdeath isn't baseline 6-C despite one shotting people who one shot High 7-A+ characters.
Well Esdeath and Luffy should be baseline 6-C, I completely agree with that, it makes sense, at the very least if you cannot see my arguments as reason enough then the 7-A's should become At Least High 7-A, Likely 6-C

Dude NNT is a completely different scenario than FT, you were doing this in another thread too. Even if they were from the same author you wouldn't have a case making that argument.

NNT was agreed on because of multiple direct combat feats and statements from the AA themselves talking about the Commandments scaling to a large fraction of their AP.

In FT, you still need to actually provide evidence of FDKM Natsu being stronger than Tartaros Jellal. You tried to do that by saying Jellal's weaker than Mard Geer, but you gave no evidence of that.

My previous actions are horrible, I know

I can't belive what How hard it is to explain this, alright lets assume Tartaros Jellal is the exact same power after a year, which makes no sense, as he would obviously train considering, he would know he would have to fight a war against Zeref, Neinheart is comparable to this jellal but was one shot, Base Natsu also one shot an amped Neinheart who was overpowering another High 7-A Brandish, one shoting, usually means you're a lot stronger, well FDKM Natsu is significantly stronger than the Natsu who one shot another High 7-A

Ok now you're getting somewhere, I don't know if others will accept it but now I see where you're coming from.

Natsu one-shotting amped Neinhart who Brandish was unable to affect with her magic is evidence that Natsu could be lower-end 6-C. If others accept that I wouldn't have a problem with it either. Although I feel everyone would disagree on who exactly scales to Natsu since it's clear he's very far up the Spriggan tier.

Only the 7-A's would scale to this, we don't need to change that and if other characters have this sort of situation as well then they should scale to 6-C too, I honestly think Luffy and Esdeath should be 6-C

Also the only reason I've been Harsh to NNT is because I really am not a fan of the series, and I let my bias get in the way of my judgement

BlackeJan said:
Tbh I feel that was PoF cause Natsu was screaming something about friends then he just one shotted him
POF has been decided as not PIS in Fairy Tail remember, you're just complicating things by discounting a feat, Natsu is just 6-C in his DF and FDKM

@Demon

No....that's LITERALLY how it always is unless u think that Erza having her entire body broken except her arm & being able to SLICED Irene in dragon form is NOT PoF/PIS

Erza having her bones broken except for one arm is not something uncommon in the anime franchise, remember that.

So Who agress to the 7-A's becoming 6-C's and we also need to decide what the Low 7-B's are going to become, this essentially affects the whole verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back