• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Actual Fairy Tail Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I do know in the anime, there was like a 3 second gap between each face's destruction, also what does everyone think about scaling Wahl's Etherion to the Tower of Heaven one
Wahl's Etherion is a mini version with no feat at that level, and scale it to the original one is wrong as it's clearly not as strong as that.

I'm not scaling Etherion to its original power tho, I'm scaling it a weak minimized blast that isn't even 1/1000 of the full power, as well if both are Etherion Cannons, then the one with higher power could easily generate more destruction and Wahl is clearly stronger then 10 council members who were wrecked by jackal, as well it is supported by countless statements of Gildarts being comparable to spriggans and God Serena, as well as compare Spriggans to base Irene who can casually melt snow off a mountain range, and it also gives more reasoning why Jellal can push back a high 6-B Acnologia, and lastly it gives proof to the statements that Spriggans can make nations disappear

The council members need a lot of time and equipment to fire Etherion, and iirc it's not sustained by their power (not completely, at least). If you're referring to the Tower of Heaven's arc's Etherion, that was most likely a full powered blast , as they most likely can't control its output (remember the council members being afraid of collateral damages?). Also, it makes no sense for Alvarez to be afraid of Etherion if they can reproduce its power.

Etherion's Tower of Heaven arc blast, was not at all the full power, the Council explicitly stated that they didn't want to use the full power of Etherion, or else there would be widespread damage, so they had to pin point and minimize the power as much as possible or they might accidentally destroy more than intended, for example the Tower of Heaven blast is 6-C to 6-C+, which is nowhere near its full power of High 6-B, plus it's highly plausible that Wahl, could reproduce the amount of magic power necessary to form this miniture blast, since the spriggans have been similar in power to gildarts, so I believe 7-A's would scale to this feat, also the only reason Spriggans are 7-A is because the only feat they originally used was a accidental evaporation of a Lake that Natsu did casually, also it is inferred that the spriggans are stronger than this

There's still no real reason to scale it to Wahl's. Being stronger means very little when even Jackal easily killed them all.

Being stronger means everything, if Wahl can use an Etherion Cannon in his system, and can feed it more power than the whole magic council, who were wrecked jackal who is significantly weaker than wahl than it stands to reason that wahl can put more energy into his Etherion and Therefore have an even stronger Etherion than the Tower of Heaven one

No, that's not what I am suggesting, the council used only a few members to power a significantly weaker blast of Etherion, with some prep time and the power of Jellal, Jackal killed the council but they are also not fighters and are weaker, however he does not have Etherion, the Etherion blast powered by Wahl takes significantly less time as it looks like he is powering it in a matter of seconds, and It makes sense that his blast would be at least compared to a weaker version of the original, also if Jellal in the Tower of Heaven arc can use an Abyss Break to destroy the Tower of Heaven at least a little bit, than Wahl a final villain who is stronger than so many previous villains, could reproduce this 6-C feat

Also it is stated in chapter 473

Okay, I seemingly confused with the laser he fired from the boat.

1. The output source is very small. Assuming it has the same "density" of the real Etherion, this attack would be much weaker than the real thing

2. He stopped charging it when Laxus created the barrier, and instaed of simply destroying it with Etherion, he decides to dispel it (even though this can be considered PIS)

3. This is the same guy who called a normal laser an anti-matter laser. The name Etherion could simply be a name just to simbolize that it's his strongest attack

Wall's Etherion is based on Magnetic (magical) Confinement Fusion, which is heating plasma inside a magnetic (magical) field, at high temperature, the highest man achieved is 50 million degrees kelvin. So that can be used for radiation energy calculation

@Triforce

1. The ball of energy wahl makes is very similar in size to the Etherion ball used on the tower of heaven, and even then as CNBA3 said it is Confinement fusion

2. The barrier would have prevented the blast from hitting successfully, that's why he dispelt it first, as well he got arrogant, so yeah PIS

3. The anti-matter laser might just be that, who knows, however we can't just discredit his words because we don't belive it is so, it is an Etherion cannon, he flat out said it

so yeah it is likely that Wahl's Etherion is at least as strong as the TOH one

1. In the chapter he never uses his cannon

2. It's PIS only if we assume it's the real thing.

3. An anti-matter laser would have completely destroyed Laxus body, as it would transform his atoms in energy. And he doesn't say: "This is Etherion", he says: "Etherion: Activate", which is the name of the move, and it's not attendible as such. This is the most important point.

It is considered real as the volume defined the confinement as one in the same and serves as the same function

@Triforce

1. you're right, he didn't use it, however he was going to

2. It's not PIS to assume he as going use Etherion, after dispelling the barrier

3. He is a machine who uses magic weapons, and Etherion is the weapon he was going to use, also saying "Etherion: Activate", is pretty much the same thing as saying "This is Etherion", and we know Hiro uses real science since Laxus's attack used Mercury Fulminate, which is a real effect in lightning, so the confinement fusion thing works, and once again I state, Spriggans are heavily implied by the manga to be at least 6-C, the only reason they aren't is because there hasn't been a solid enough feat, but wahl's Etherion being compared to the TOH one makes sense along with the story, and scaling

"Etherion: Activate" doesn't automatically mean it's an actual Etherion, as that's just the name of the move, like the "anti-matter" laser or Natsu's "planetary explosion".

That also doesn't mean it has the same power as the TOH one. It could just have a similar conformation (Natsu or Jellal said that Etherion was a mix of several kind of magic).

Don't know what science is doing here.

I think it's better to scale them from August or Irene via statement.

This thread got me thinking, Deus Sema came from space, so can normal Sema not be argued to come from space also?

I put it in this blog.

Jellal would be baseline High 7-A. All Spriggans scale to him since Neinhart both injured him with a blast and was wrecked by him in turn, and Neinhart definitely seemed like the weakest combat-wise.

@Malikobama1

I think you just achieved what I have been trying to do for a month now,

This will push 7-B's to High 7-A

This will push 7-B+ to a higher High 7-A maybe Low 6-C

And it will push 7-A's to at least Baseline 6-C, maybe Higher if TOH Etherion Calc is accepted to scale to Wahl

Malikobama1 said:
This thread got me thinking, Deus Sema came from space, so can normal Sema not be argued to come from space also?

I put it in this blog.

Jellal would be baseline High 7-A. All Spriggans scale to him since Neinhart both injured him with a blast and was wrecked by him in turn, and Neinhart definitely seemed like the weakest combat-wise.
This is actually pretty good, you just need to ask some calc member about (given that it's something minor, even just a member should be enough) and we have a good potential upgrade for the verse high tier

Well it would need to be accepted first.

The TOH Etherion calc I'm skeptical on tbh. It came from Satellite Square in the sky, while Wahl's version is a tiny arm cannon in comparison. Even trying to scale him to 1% of TOH is sketchy since it has nothing supporting it.

Unrelated, I definitely think God Serena was actually one of the most powerful Spriggans since Gildarts wondered who would win had they fought at full power, so I think God Serena should be "possibly 6-C" via that.

The other Spriggans I would just scale off Jellal, which would be consistent since Invel has a High 7-A feat as well (3.2 gigaton high-end value).

While the upgrade makes sense, I disagree in all the spriggans scaling to him. Jellal has been showcased steadily to be a high/top tier in the verse. He's the guy who tangoed with Acno, albeit for a little. The only characters who should scale to him is FDKM Natsu, Irene/August, the god tiers, and possibly Larcade.

@Captain

If the high-end result for Invel's freezing feat is accepted, do you think all Spriggans should scale to him?

Hmm, if Invel's feat is accepted then I don't see any reason why the spriggans wouldn't scale. Myself, I'd argue that only the

stronger spriggans would scale, like Bloodman's 3rd seal, dimaria's god soul and god serena. Everybody else is weaker I'd

say, so should remain where they are. But it's just my point of view, as I see it, the wiki accepted the spriggans as equals. In which case they will scale.

Captain Torch said:
While the upgrade makes sense, I disagree in all the spriggans scaling to him. Jellal has been showcased steadily to be a high/top tier in the verse. He's the guy who tangoed with Acno, albeit for a little. The only characters who should scale to him is FDKM Natsu, Irene/August, the god tiers, and possibly Larcade.
This is a feat for Pre second timeskip Jellal, so actually all 7-A's should become Baseline 6-C since this is a feat that will be sacled to all 7-B's

Scaling doesn't work like that, they'd need to provably scale to a 6-C character first. I don't remember enough to be able to argue that case. At the most you'd be able to say they're just stronger High 7-A's.

Plus there's no real indication Jellal got a lot stronger over the timeskip since all he was doing was beating down fodder dark guilds iirc

This is a Pre second Timeskip Jellal who is weaker than the Celestial Spirit King, Dragon Force Natsu, and Mard Geer from tartaros Arc, Natsu base after the 2nd timeskip is greatly stronger than before, and then FDKM is superior to that by a good Margin, via powerscaling The 7-A's will become at the very least Baseline 6-C

There's no evidence CSK and MG were stronger than him since Mashima conveniently kept him away from the fight. For all we know he could have cleaned house.

That is assuming a little too much, Mard Geer was stronger than any other previous villain and was known as the Absolute Demon King, it took the efforts of both A DS Gray and Dragon Force Natsu to defeat him, and Natsu got the same sort of Dragon Force that back in the Tower of Heaven Arc gave Natsu a push to wreck Jellal, I'm just saying this is how we scale the characters, the current gap between FDKM Natsu and Jellal during Tataros is pretty much a 5x difference, so take baseline High 7-A and multiply it by 5 and you have a slightly above baseline 6-C, which is not at all a huge jump and is supported by tons of evidence

Malikobama1 said:

I put it in this blog.

Just saying but it was already talked about that the Spriggans would be downgraded since b4 they were all High 7-A

That was because there was no better feat than Natsu's Lake Scillora feat, now that we have this feat, it scales a bunch of characters up

Actually now that I think of it, Jura managed to hurt Jellal in their GMG fight, and Laxus beat Jura later. So it should scale to all the current 7-B's.

This is scaling will go If this calc is accepted

7-B's will become Baseline High 7-A

7-B+'s will become probably 2x as strong as that but still High 7-A

And 7-A's and God Serena will become about 6 Gigatons which is slightly above Baseline 6-C

That Jellal feat IS NOT post second timeskip, it is the one from the Tartaros Arc, when he used sema on the Oracion seis

I wouldn't add any multipler based on the fact that they're stronger. At beast they'd get an "At least" or a "Possibly higher" added to their profiles. That being said I agree with High 7-A but I disagree with the 6-C keys. It doesn't come from a calc from what I'm gathering to scaling them to baseline High 7-A's wouldn't justify the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back