• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

I dunno if anything was done yet, but how come the wiki's favicon hasn't been changed back to the Vs Battles Wiki logo? My wiki, which is far more obscure, still has its favicon, which is a green blob: http://prntscr.com/1qxv5sg

The screenshot should show what is meant by "favicon."

I dunno if anything was done yet, but how come the wiki's favicon hasn't been changed back to the Vs Battles Wiki logo? My wiki, which is far more obscure, still has its favicon, which is a green blob: http://prntscr.com/1qxv5sg

The screenshot should show what is meant by "favicon."
I will ask Ursuul about it.

I have restored our previous Favicon image (You can see it by clicking on the file history date/time):

However, I would prefer if we design a new one based on our wordmark/logo image in the upper left corner of the wiki screen:

^I don´t think he should be banned or anything, but I think he is doing some strange changes, like putting "Low 6-C" on the Noelle Silva´s page, putting "FTL+" in characters that are only FTL, etc

In the other hand, he has changed things from "likely" to "possibly" and has solve minors typos in some pages. Someone should talk with him and watch his changes

^I don´t think he should be banned or anything, but I think he is doing some strange changes, like putting "Low 6-C" on the Noelle Silva´s page, putting "FTL+" in characters that are only FTL, etc

In the other hand, he has changed things from "likely" to "possibly" and has solve minors typos in some pages. Someone should talk with him and watch his changes
He received warnings previously and still continued to change statistics as he wanted in several pages anyway, so I had to ban him.

I've been informed by KLOL that the proper angsizing equation is "2atan(tan(35deg)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels))", but the outdated one is all over the wiki in pages such as this one and must be replaced.

Okay. That is a problem.

Please try to find all of the pages, so I can unlock them for you and @KLOL506 to adjust accordingly.

I've been informed by KLOL that the proper angsizing equation is "2atan(tan(35deg)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels))", but the outdated one is all over the wiki in pages such as this one and must be replaced.
Isn't that the same exact thing?

Since the only difference is the 70deg/2, which is the same as 35deg?

I think the major issue with the versions used on that page is that they don't have the "deg"

Which is a major factor in the formula working properly

These give the same end result tho

2atan(tan(35deg)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels))

2atan(tan(72deg/2)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels))

And then there's these

(Object Size in Meters)*(Panel Height in Pixels)/[(Object Height in Pixels)*2tan(70/2 deg)]

2tan(70/2 deg)(Distance in Meters)(Object Height in Pixels)/(Panel Height in Pixels)

Okay. That is a problem.

Please try to find all of the pages, so I can unlock them for you and @KLOL506 to adjust accordingly.
I've scoured the wiki for a few minutes and only found this page and the aforementioned one as the ones with the outdated equation.

These give the same end result tho

2atan(tan(35deg)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels))

2atan(tan(72deg/2)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels))
What I mean is that not having the 'deg' there makes a difference in the result.

It's because that's also how it is in the angsizing blog, so it probably stirs confusion.

I've scoured the wiki for a few minutes and only found this page and the aforementioned one as the ones with the outdated equation.
I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

Back