• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

First in-universe battle i have made. Rayquaza vs Melmetal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray

Mel

(it's meltan but i'm so used to saying melmetal probably because he's cooler)

Rules

High 3-A for both.

Edit:

Gigantamax melmetal will be used.

no knowledge of each other

bloodlusted for both

speed equalized

battle takes place in the coolest colosseum in pokemon (can anyone tell me which Colosseum/stadium in pokemon is the coolest/awesome looking and which region it is? because i want to use that one for the setting of this battle)

they start 25 feet apart from one another

music for the battle

If you know pokemon battle revolution, you are a true pokemon fan

Last edited:
I feel like rayquaza scales higher and has superior versatility via flight. Meltan has electric attacks but they aren't undodgeable and Rayquaza can just use hurricane and do AOE damage. I vote Rayquaza.

I feel like rayquaza scales higher and has superior versatility via flight. Meltan has electric attacks but they aren't undodgeable and Rayquaza can just use hurricane and do AOE damage. I vote Rayquaza.

i agree though since i like more action. (mind if i give meltan gigantomax?)

or would that not be fair?

Melmetal, not Meltan. Meltan is the Unevolved Form.
Anyway, non-Gigantamax Melmetal vs Mega Rayquaza? (Meltan & regular Rayquaza aren't Tier 3.)

Also, for what it's worth, Hurricane is Not Very Effective, Melmetal learns Protect via Level-up & isn't Discharge Omnidirectional?

Anyway, non-Gigantamax Melmetal vs Mega Rayquaza? (Meltan & regular Rayquaza aren't Tier 3.)

Also, for what it's worth, Hurricane is Not Very Effective, Melmetal learns Protect via Level-up & isn't Discharge Omnidirectional?
discharge can be dodged as it is basically minor danmanku. Melmetal can harm him but i feel like Ray just has greater versatility and more AP.

yeah. what i meant as in this

(it's meltan but i'm so used to saying melmetal probably because he's cooler)

he's called meltan in the profile

but i'm so used to the name melmetal. i prefer to call him that.

melmetal just sounds cooler

discharge can be dodged as it is basically minor danmanku. Melmetal can harm him but i feel like Ray just has greater versatility and more AP.
I could see an argument for Rayquaza having more skill for battling higher caliber opponents, but why more versatility? Just for the mobility of flight? & what is the AP difference here?

Anyway, looking at Pokedex entries for behaviour.... (I dunno the anime nor manga that well.)

Pokedex entry for Meltan:
SwordIt dissolves and eats metal. Circulating liquid metal within its body is how it generates energy.
Given it generates energy by circulating liquid metal, if this trait is passed onto Melmetal, it might mean Acid Armor might be a likely move.

Pokedex entry for regular Melmetal:
ShieldCentrifugal force is behind the punches of Melmetal’s heavy hex-nut arms. Melmetal is said to deliver the strongest punches of all Pokémon.
Given this, I'd question it not being on Rayquaza's level, at least with its punches. Anyway, this might make Double Iron Bash more likely, as well as Thunder Punch, Mega Punch, & Dynamic Punch.

Dynamax Melmetal:
ShieldIt can send electric beams streaking out from the hole in its belly. The beams’ tremendous energy can vaporize an opponent in one shot.
Might make Flash Cannon & Hyper Beam more likely. Also implies the beams are very powerful, though it could be argued as NLF that such beams might vaporize an opponent like Rayquaza.

Rayquaza's Pokedex entries for behaviour:
RubyRAYQUAZA lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth’s ozone layer, never descending to the ground. This POKéMON appears to feed on water and particles in the atmosphere.
Eats water & particles in atmosphere, but may not be relevant here.
FireRed
LeafGreen
It has lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer. Its flying form looks like a meteor.
It's possible some media contradicts this, but this could imply Rayquaza tends to take postures in flight that make it resemble a meteor.... Whichever postures those would be? Flying with its body very straight?
Alpha SapphireIt flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to Mega Evolve.
Some meteoroids do contain metal, no? So there's a possibility Rayquaza might try to eat Melmetal. In such a scenario, Crunch could be likely. But even if it has a similar composition, I'm unsure Melmetal RESEMBLES a meteoroid enough, for one.

I could see an argument for Rayquaza having more skill for battling higher caliber opponents, but why more versatility? Just for the mobility of flight? & what is the AP difference here?

Anyway, looking at Pokedex entries for behaviour.... (I dunno the anime nor manga that well.)

Pokedex entry for Meltan:
SwordIt dissolves and eats metal. Circulating liquid metal within its body is how it generates energy.
Given it generates energy by circulating liquid metal, if this trait is passed onto Melmetal, it might mean Acid Armor might be a likely move.

Pokedex entry for regular Melmetal:
ShieldCentrifugal force is behind the punches of Melmetal’s heavy hex-nut arms. Melmetal is said to deliver the strongest punches of all Pokémon.
Given this, I'd question it not being on Rayquaza's level, at least with its punches. Anyway, this might make Double Iron Bash more likely, as well as Thunder Punch, Mega Punch, & Dynamic Punch.

Dynamax Melmetal:
ShieldIt can send electric beams streaking out from the hole in its belly. The beams’ tremendous energy can vaporize an opponent in one shot.
Might make Flash Cannon & Hyper Beam more likely. Also implies the beams are very powerful, though it could be argued as NLF that such beams might vaporize an opponent like Rayquaza.

Rayquaza's Pokedex entries for behaviour:
RubyRAYQUAZA lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth’s ozone layer, never descending to the ground. This POKéMON appears to feed on water and particles in the atmosphere.
Eats water & particles in atmosphere, but may not be relevant here.
FireRed
LeafGreen
It has lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer. Its flying form looks like a meteor.
It's possible some media contradicts this, but this could imply Rayquaza tends to take postures in flight that make it resemble a meteor.... Whichever postures those would be? Flying with its body very straight?
Alpha SapphireIt flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to Mega Evolve.
Some meteoroids do contain metal, no? So there's a possibility Rayquaza might try to eat Melmetal. In such a scenario, Crunch could be likely. But even if it has a similar composition, I'm unsure Melmetal RESEMBLES a meteoroid enough, for one.

we're using gigantamax melmetal in this scenario. just a heads up

Eh shouldn't Rayquaza have skill and Versatility advantage?
On which basises? It can fly, so it has mobility, but in terms of moves, we usually only account for Level-up Moves & Egg Moves, too, with the former of those being irrelevant. Abilities also, but yeah.

What moves or feats or such makes Rayquaza more versatile here?

not to mention gigantamax melmetal has (if you didn't read)

Same as before, plus Gigantamax, Superior Electricity Manipulation (Can shoot electric beams from its chest to vaporize opponents, Also via Max Lightning (Changes the ground to Electric Terrain)), Superior Metal Manipulation and Mind Manipulation via G-Max Meltdown (Prevents opponents from using the same move twice in a row), Explosion Manipulation and Statistics Reduction (opponent's speed) via Max Strike, Martial Arts, Explosion Manipulation, and Statistics Amplification (allies' attack) via Max Knuckle, Forcefield Creation via Max Guard

(martial arts. wouldn't that count as fighting moves?)

also mind manipulation = hax.

statistics reduction is useful.

rayquaza is resistant to electricity manipulation but if this is superior electricity manipulation wouldn't it effect rayquaza a bit.

gigantamax. also bestows forcefield creation and power nullification.

Rayquaza's starting moves include hyper beam (used it against deoxys in the movie a lot), hyper voice (in the Pokemon emerald cut scene it looks like it is using this) and dragon ascent (used in delta episode against deoxys and also it is necessary for mega evolution) and electricity manipulation get's resisted 4x because of mega rayquaza's ability

Rayquaza's starting moves include hyper beam (used it against deoxys in the movie a lot), hyper voice (in the Pokemon emerald cut scene it looks like it is using this) and dragon ascent (used in delta episode against deoxys and also it is necessary for mega evolution) and electricity manipulation get's resisted 4x because of mega rayquaza's ability

power nullification, forcefield creation say hi. not to mention statistics reduction.

Wait a second.

Rayquaza is only >50% Zygarde, who is Ultra Beast level, and such is already a non-threat to Silvally, which Base Melmetal already scales from.

How does Melmetal not one shot here?

Wait a second.

Rayquaza is only >50% Zygarde, who is Ultra Beast level, and such is already a non-threat to Silvally, which Base Melmetal already scales from.

How does Melmetal not one shot here?
Uhhh because there isn't even a 2x difference?
There never was.
Zygarde is > normal UB level as it fought UN and nobody said that UBs were not a threat to Silvally, it is just used as a pokemon to hunt UBs.

Zygarde is > normal UB level as it fought UN
UBs are on 50% Zygarde level

At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Canonically fought Tapu Koko on at least even grounds. Threatened Alola to the point where 50% Zygarde saw fit to leave Kalos and come to Alola)

And the only other scaling is from Dawn Wings Necrozma who is >>> base. And Zygarde only was able to take a brief fight against UN, not being able to "seriously fight it" like 100% did.
nobody said that UBs were not a threat to Silvally, it is just used as a pokemon to hunt UBs.
At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Capable of defeating Ultra Beasts with a single attack)

It kinda says that Silvally can one-shot UBs tho.

UBs are on 50% Zygarde level

At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Canonically fought Tapu Koko on at least even grounds. Threatened Alola to the point where 50% Zygarde saw fit to leave Kalos and come to Alola)

And the only other scaling is from Dawn Wings Necrozma who is >>> base. And Zygarde only was able to take a brief fight against UN, not being able to "seriously fight it" like 100% did.

At least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level (Capable of defeating Ultra Beasts with a single attack)

It kinda says that Silvally can one-shot UBs tho.
This is most likely an overstatement/ability. We never actually see it do it do we?

50% zygarde = silvally
since all ultra beasts threatened alola, that would mean that zygarde 50% is enough to deal with the ultra beasts

50% zygarde = silvally
since all ultra beasts threatened alola, that would mean that zygarde 50% is enough to deal with the ultra beasts
Type: Null is already >UB level due of it being able to take a fight with two of them at once. Silvally can one shot UBs.

And Zygarde has shown nothing to put it >UB level, just equal to them.

Type: Null is already >UB level due of it being able to take a fight with two of them at once. Silvally can one shot UBs.

And Zygarde has shown nothing to put it >UB level, just equal to them.
If a single ultra beast is equal to zygarde, why wouldn't he use 100% to solo all of them?

I was asked to close this thread due to that it is a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back