• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

Maybe a BlackGuilmon that eventually becomes a ChaosGallantmon.

I don't see him soloing the verse even with that backing him up though.

Frontier seems to be the best fit honestly. If not for the fact that humans actually turn into the Digimon in that series. Example, Agunimo.

Okami: Amaterasu time stops

Pokemon: Arceus sends a single member of the lake trio to decimate, if not outright losing to Mewtwo and the other mid/highs

Undertale: Flowey floweys

Earthbound: LOL

I remeber something about digi fusion but I could be misremebering, its been forever since I saw the original and even then I was never that into it. Though the theme song is stuck in my head for the rest of eternity.

How do people and digimon become partners again?

Familiar of zero: No where near my favorite though I now know more about it then I ever wanted

Alex should solo their magic isn't overly powerful and even the stongest of them can't kill ainz. Best they could do is have louise use dimensional door to bfr him.

Claymore: Not an expert so correct if wrong, Round 1 Struggles with speed later on but most of the verse has no way past his level of regen. One character has absorbtion but from what I can tell its physical and alexs absorbtion out strips it.

Round 2 eats a few faster beings and solos....

I feel like with things like the flood its the rest of the universe that looses, as we now have the flood in control of a super virus that can be used to produce combat forms far above just about everything physically.....

I'm more curious on what Alex can do in Naruto. I feel like if he gets really lucky he might be able to snag a sharingan somewhere.

FFFFFF>>F>?gKTJJYIGEJEGIJEGJIG......Mercer replacing frisk.....flowey's first interaction.........Ill be back

Edit alex mercer, absolute bio god of hyper death?

He certainly stomps. Especially since the really skilled people don't have much to battle his hax shenanigans and the first one absorbed means he just gets more and more skilled.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
He certainly stomps. Especially since the really skilled people don't have much to battle his hax shenanigans and the first one absorbed means he just gets more and more skilled.
Doesn't he haxstomp the cyborg/machine people as well? The machinery/nanotechnology applied to them makes them more than just "really skilled people" after all.

Problem is that they need to cut him into a looooooooooot of pieces for this to really matter. Or just cut him a lot. And without a Atomic Samurai Iaido technique, its not gonna end well.

Its not listed on any of the profiles I saw, even so they still get screwed over by needing to cut all of mercer before he has either gassed, absorbed or simply beaten them into paste as even the top teirs fall into 7 c. Honestly their biggest struggle is cutting mercer isn't a grand idea, you don't want more peices of the highly infectous material spread around as you fight...

It's listed as durability negation on the page. It's funny that you mention Atomic Samurai, because Raiden has something similar to that. His Blade Mode is a massive speed amp that makes his enemy look frozen and he uses that time to cut the dude into tiny pieces.

Oh no, I meant the ultra high speed slash he pulls on Golden Sperm. Otherwise we end in a Melza situation where there's enough of him left to come back for more.

See cutting mercer into tiny peices again not a bright idea...You kinda need to get all of him, mid high regen he revives from vaporization...So raiden doesn't need to cut mercer into tiny peices, he needs to cut everything

I like to imagine mercer in the after life after being licked to death (I know you said out of existence but then I cant imagine mercers annoyed expression after so aplogies :p)

"There is a supreme irony to this....And I am not amused!" Alex growled, as he stood in a long line of wayward souls. Annoyance burning in his eyes....

Also looking at raiden specifically he resist disease based on his body protecting his biological bits from biological agents...Guess what blacklight has feats of peircing? Industrial grade hazmat suits meant specifically to keep the virus out...

Someone would just find a way to cook Mercer, honestly.

As for the biological agent stuff, not too sure about that. Raiden does have advanced technology but I don't know a lot about him.

Mercer in a large frying pan, the irony.....

Well we were going by vs debate rules he'd need feats of resisting a viral agent capable of peircing hazmat suits/seals. In the end raiden runs into a problem when his speed amps run out (from what I can tell he can't maintain them indefintly) Even using those he lacks the ability to cut mercer enough for it to actually matter, so mercer gets cut to peices, regens and raidens in trouble.

If we go round two its even more of a stomp due to mercer creating evolved/using their tech against them...

My Hero Academia: Not sure. All Might and AFO vastly out AP but don't know if it's enough to bypass Regenerationn. Kai and Eri can destroy him beyond his Regenerationn but Kai needs physical contact while Eri is inexperienced. Compress should be able to incap but just like Kai he needs to touch Alex for his power to work

Arrowverse: DeVoe can keep him at bay with probability manipulation and rather easily figure out a way to defeat him, considering he has the options of sending him to space with density manipulation, shrinking him to the point a decently large rock would keep him in place, trapping him in a pocket dimension, steal all his powers with a touch or take over his body. The verse also reaches into 2-A, so even if he gets past DeVoe he doesn't solo

Undertale: Soullessness will let him clear most of the verse, until he meets the god tiers

Assassination Classroom: Solos

DSP: Will solo most characters, but then he will find himself against 3-As or High 3-As

My hero acdemia is totally screwed round two from my understanding as quirks are genetic. So alex ends up a viral all for one with mid high regen

Round one they might have some hax to bypass mid high regen but none of them resist infection and mercers strongest key starts off gassing opponents. Add onto that two of the characters you listed need to touch and...You don't want to touch mercer in any capacity.So I seem him taking a majority of round one.

Also no ap can not bypass mid high regen. regardless of the gap

Honestly, I still need to check out the game cutscenes and stuff again. It was a part of his plan, but I really don't remember Mercer spamming gassing as much as I hear it mentioned.

I almost forgot.

Worm: Round 1 can get him pretty far, but it depends. A lot of the heroes either just get AP stomped or have no way to deal with him. A few pretty much keep him stalemate until Stamina catches up to them. Some like Gray Boy don't even spare a glance at him and Eidolon just makes the exact powerset to destroy him. Endbringers varies with each individual one, depending how you interpret Khrepi he's finished if he gets close. Scion nukes his ass so hard its actually not even funny.

Round 2: Sadly he gets nothing from absorbing capes so he's gonna have a hard time, because Mercer's actions ARE gonna grab attention, are gonna be picked up by any of the precogs looking for funky business, and one way or another they'll likely find someone with a power tailor made to destroy Mercer's day.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Honestly, I still need to check out the game cutscenes and stuff again. It was a part of his plan, but I really don't remember Mercer spamming gassing as much as I hear it mentioned.
Gas attacks wasn't shown frequently in Prototype 2 because the only enemies Mercer faces is James Heller and Blackwach soldiers. The former has already been infected with a strain of the Blacklight Virus (Heller was supposed to be a Evolved, but he became a Prototype because the plot said so via resilient DNA), while the latter has shown scenes of Blackwatch soldiers getting gassed by some elaborate scheme involving a tainted cure (though he while wasn't on-screen at the time, but it still proves how willing Mercer is to infect his targets). Both of these show that Mercer likes to infect this targets.

And the instance of a gas attack that Mercer did on-screen was done when a random civilian was nearby his vicinity, which shows that even ordinary people wouldn't dissuade his attempts of infection.

Based on the evidences we have considered, Mercer likes to infect his targets in his second and third key (his second key can range from the end of Prototype 1 game to the Prototype 2 comics or even just before the beginning of the Prototype 2 game plot), and gas attacks are just one form of transmissions he can infect through.

Also, Prototype 2 is riddled with more plot holes than what Prototype 1 ever had, so don't bother trying to base Mercer's combat characteristics based on his actions in Prototype 2 (like what Ciruno did in Vanilla Ice vs Alex Mercer) as many of said actions have holes in them like the Prototype 2 plot does.

Perhaps, but that same attitude in Prototype 2 is literally the only basis we have for his combat attitude. We can claim a lot of PIS, but there's a point where that's just too much convenience and you are left with a set of powers and no real apparent personality.

I mostly mention the gassing thing because of his whole behavior at the start of the game destroying Heller's vehicle, the Helicopter that had come, and deciding to humor Heller. After all, he was the one to even chase him down. I'll still check the game to see if I get a better idea.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Perhaps, but that same attitude in Prototype 2 is literally the only basis we have for his combat attitude. We can claim a lot of PIS, but there's a point where that's just too much convenience and you are left with a set of powers and no real apparent personality.

I mostly mention the gassing thing because of his whole behavior at the start of the game destroying Heller's vehicle, the Helicopter that had come, and deciding to humor Heller. After all, he was the one to even chase him down. I'll still check the game to see if I get a better idea.
I don't think discussing Mercer's combat attitude in Prototype 2 would change anything about Mercer's desire to infect his targets as James Heller has already been infected anyways. Why should you bother to infect something when it's already been infected by you?

As for the human Heller being toyed around by Mercer thing, that is a bit too open for interpretations and seems to relate to the PIS that Prototype 2 has. However, even if we try to include that as argument against Mercer's mindset of infection, there are more instances of Prototype 2 Mercer infecting his targets rather than just toying around with them (such as him managing to get that group of Blackwatch soldiers infected through a type of gas transmission via tainted cure, that random civilian getting infected by his gas within his vicinity, Prototype 2 Mercer's philosophy to change/replace humanity through Blacklight, the existence of several Evolved which proves how willing he is to infect to gain the advantage, etc.). And we usually go with what has been shown more frequently, so there's not much about Prototype 2 Mercer's combat characteristics we should discuss about in regards to him wanting to infect.

You do know I am referring to literally the very start of the game where Heller is a normal soldier (that can kill a heavily infected with a knife but eh, **** the story)? Like, Mercer destroys his convoy, plays around with him running away and just destroys a helicopter. No infecting in there.

I am not saying Mercer toys around with people, I just don't think he's as Gung-Ho about gassing and infecting as he's being said to be. It's very different from Beast Cole, since his whole mission is awakening all potential conduits and killing all humans by consequence, using the Ray Sphere Explosion as his first move with every new city he reached over and over. Mercer merely has specific infected carrying out stuff for him, a random infected civilian despite the fact he's not that adamant go the rest of the city. The fact the Blackwatch people got hit with a tainted cure also sounds exactly like he doesn't mind taking his time.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
You do know I am referring to literally the very start of the game where Heller is a normal soldier (that can kill a heavily infected with a knife but eh, **** the story)? Like, Mercer destroys his convoy, plays around with him running away and just destroys a helicopter. No infecting in there.

I am not saying Mercer toys around with people, I just don't think he's as Gung-Ho about gassing and infecting as he's being said to be. It's very different from Beast Cole, since his whole mission is awakening all potential conduits and killing all humans by consequence, using the Ray Sphere Explosion as his first move with every new city he reached over and over. Mercer merely has specific infected carrying out stuff for him, a random infected civilian despite the fact he's not that adamant go the rest of the city. The fact the Blackwatch people got hit with a tainted cure also sounds exactly like he doesn't mind taking his time.
No infecting there? Have you seen what happened to Heller after and how he has gotten his powers? Mercer infected Heller literally right after he was done playing around for whatever reasons. That isn't "not infecting". And that scene where Mercer toys around with human Heller is just one instance (most likely a plot-holed riddled one like the rest of the Prototype 2 plot is), compared to a couple of other instances where Mercer has gotten his targets to be infected without having to fight them directly.

Yeah, you see, this is when the plot holes of Prototype 2 kicks in. Even though Mercer clearly doesn't need the Evolved to spread the infection for him, all the targets Prototype 2 Mercer has faced has either ended up dead or infected in one form or another anyways. There's the cutscene of Mercer gassing Penn Station, there's the cutscene of that group of Blackwatch soldiers getting infected by the tainted cure gas, there are other newly created Evolved that has been infected by the tainted cure gasses, and then there's that group of Evolved (a couple of whom were originally Blackwatch soldiers, which are those who are meant to fight back against the Blacklight Virus and quarantine it), and such. Literally anyone that is still alive and present around Mercer has been infected by a strain of Blacklight in one form or an another.

I've been searching the scenes in Prototype 2, and Mercer just plain likes to get his target either infected or killed (with the former being quite likely via the presence of quite a fair amount of Evolved) when he has the chance to. I mean, getting Humanity and the entire world infected is literally his goal, so it would be more out-of-character to assume that Mercer wouldn't infect his targets when he has the chance to (especially when they aren't already infected). Gasses are just one form of transmission that the Blacklight Virus infects through anyways, and given Mercer's philosophy and the moments he has gotten his targets infected, it shouldn't be out of the question for Mercer to gas when he has the first opportunity to do so.

Well, now that he's been revised.

To Aru: Alex can get pretty far against many of the Espers and probably the Saints, but Alex Mercer but better walks up to him and can't be put down by Alex before proceeding to matter Hax him into the ground.

Back