• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Alex is at peak and is allowed Force Multipliers.

Speed Equalized.

Round 1: Gauntlet Scenario

Round 2: Alex is randomly dropped into your verse and allowed to explore at his leisure

Alex Mercer grin

That reminds me, I really need to remake Danny Phantom vs Alex Mercer. Is Danny still 8-A?

Actually Im pretty sure alex could take over danny phantoms world rather easily, and considering vlad, danny and dani all show that ectoplasm can be fused to dna I see no reason alex wouldn't be able to adapt the same mechanisms they have given enough time. Of course if it's a gauntlet scenario hes doomed, but dropped into their world I see alex cleaning house after a few centuries more often then not. He's not stupid, he's not getting involved with ghost until he has a solid enough footing to actually fight them.

@The pen or the sword

Dude. Alex would get dusted if he entered the Danny Phantom verse.

Im gonna need a reason here, outside of ghost nobody has the feats necessary to stop alex from absorbing random people sticking around a few centurties and adapting ectoplasm to his dna. Sure if he's dropped in the middle of a fight or on danny's door step he's done but let sit around a while I could seem him taking over earth. Anything like clockwork ect, hard no sells him but I can see him getting pretty far as long as he takes his time and avoids combat with dangerous entities till he's ready

I mean he's totally no sold by ghost "Especially if he can't find a way to adapt ectoplasm to his dna" but there is an entire world around ghost he can do pretty well in.

Why are you setting him up like that?.

This is him vs the entire verse. Nothing more, nothing less. He won't get anywhere, because they are going to hax him to oblivion. Yes, if Alex started and nobody knew he was there and he played it smart he could take over earth if Clockwork didn't interfere but as soon as he enters the Ghost Zone, he's done for.

However if Alex Mercer tried to fight the Danny Phantom verse, he's screwed. Also I don't see Non-Physical Interaction on his page so he isnt touching any ghost so the only one's he's getting are the humans.

Of course he can't get any ectoplasm if he plays it dumb, if he plays it smart he pretends to be a researcher and visit maddie and jack and walks away with some samples of ectoplasm and a new fun house for his genetics.

Im just thinking on how he could take over the world/win rather then throwing him directly into a situation he cant win. Its obvious in a gauntlet or all against one scenario he's screwed.

Fun and games trying to think of how it would go if mercer did just appear in danny's world without being forced into a fight he can't win immediatlly. Im not arguing he could win when just being thrown at the competition Im just looking at a more reasonable situation.

Your reasonable situation requires a lot of changes but ok. He can get very far if we look at it your way, I'll admit that.

Im more thinking of a story time scenrio, he appears on a random street corner and wanders off. Where does he go? The people he meets? How does he grow as a sub human super virus? When does he learn of ghost? What are his reactions? How long before he shows up at jack and maddies doorstep to look over there research?

Rather then imediatly throwing him against the entierty of the universe, give him time, see what he becomes! Make it an actual story rather then just have mercer immediatly drop dead from fights he can't win and wouldn't logically get into right away

@The pen or the sword

Na It's cool. I get in serious mode when I'm talking about DP.

Second Sight: I haven't made a page for this verse but Alex stomps.

Pen makes a good point for how he can fair in different situations, so I've split it into two rounds to support this.

Im a writer at heart :p I really should get back to foz/overlord chapter Ive pushed off for to long...Darn my procrastination!

Viruses with a propensity to gas their enemies and high regen can be a real pain for some verses :p

Overlord: Hmm...Stops hard at the gaurdians/dragon lords/high leveled vassals. Short of that Im not sure anyone can take him down. The greatest wariors/mages don't seem to have the necessary fire power to surpass his regen and most have no means to resist infection/absorbtion. Saying that ainz says death, and mercer dies.

Soul manip might also be able to kill him so evil eye may be able to win, though it would require alot of luck and her using her trump card that she refuses to use in chacter...

Just dropped in is pretty much the same though mercer isn't liable to actually die as him going into hiding indefinitly is not a stretch for him. He once spent an entire year standing still in one of the comics. Heck he may sign up with ainz if he's offered a good deal. Unfortuantly for mercer the verse has a bunch of things not tied dirctly to genetics that limit mercers potential for growth...

Ok so with the changes

Danny Phantom: Round 1 (He defeats the humans in a gaunlet but it's inconclusive against the ghosts due to their Non-Corporeal state and then he loses to the likes of Freakshow, or other haxed ghosts)

Round 2 (He gets pretty far. It takes nothing short of Clockwork who is basically the OG to stop his so thats impressive)

Okage: Both Rounds are the same since Epros is around but he'll get farther in round two since he's unoticed but Epros and other ghosts will still be there but if all else fails you have the forgotten people who have stupied Non-Corporeal and when I say it's stupid level I mean it.

Psi-Ops: He loses round one but actually might take round two if he absorbs the right people.

Dark Cloud: Both Rounds lead him to True Dark Genie so he loses both.

The pen or the sword said:
Saying that ainz says death, and mercer dies.

Soul manip might also be able to kill him so evil eye may be able to win, though it would require alot of luck and her using her trump card that she refuses to use in chacter...
If only one of the writers of [PROTOTYPE] has the time to answer one of the questions to confirm on whether or not viruses such as Blacklight has the same restrictions as living beings and has a soul...

Hmmm...Think Mercer and Solution would get along? They seem like they might have common ground :p

Fallout: I think mercer is set both rounds, liberty prime is cool and powerful but mercer uses it as a jungle gym and tears it apart. The fev virus is impressive but blacklight outstripes it in every concevialbe way.

Good news round two mercer creates a species of superior bio supersoldiers and ushers in a new golden age for humanity as their immortal emperor...Or he absorbs them all and forms a hive world...

Mass effect: Stops at the reapers round one possibly? Saying that round two is liable to have alex and the reapers engaged in a massive war of supremacy as alex leads an army of bioengineered supersoldiers/super structures to fight back against the reaper invasion.

What makes this thread funny is I just got Prototype 1 and 2 about a week ago lol.

@lordgriffin Have you played through either one yet? They are great games for making you feel like a god, above everything around you :p

@Death noodles Is their a writer who is willing to answer those questions/has answered those questions? I apologize if they have.

LordGriffin1000 said:
What makes this thread funny is I just got Prototype 1 and 2 about a week ago lol.
Did you already play one of them? Because I hope you have played Prototype 1 first before Prototype 2...

The pen or the sword said:
@Death noodles Is their a writer who is willing to answer those questions/has answered those questions? I apologize if they have.
They haven't responded to me yet. I'm going to attempt to make contact with them again tomorrow.

I started the first game but I haven't finished it yet. I haven't played the second game yet (want to beat the first game before I play the second)

LordGriffin1000 said:
I started the first game but I haven't finished it yet. I haven't played the second game yet (want to beat the first game before I play the second)
Good to know. Hopefully, I would get to see you in Versus debates involving Alex Mercer once you finished both of the games one day. :)

Round 1:

RWBY (not actually my favourite verse, but eh): Stops at the Brother Gods. However, I'd say he clears without the Brother Gods, especially when they don't appear in Remnant when all four of the Relics aren't gathered together.

One Punch Man: Stops at either Tatsumaki or Saitama. Tatsumaki would toss him to space, while Saitama would either get neverending punching bag or punt/throw him into space himself, with Mercer being trapped if he either lands on the Moon, Sun, or other celestial bodies. He could still potentially clear if he gasses and infects those two from the very start of the fights. Solidly cleara the rest of the verse otherwise.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: He would get pretty far due to his Regenerationn and hax. However, he stops at the stand users with Uber-haxed stands such as Made in Heaven, D4C, Tusk Act 4, etc. He would especially not be able to do anything against Gold Experience Requiem.

Round 2:

RWBY: Without the Brother Gods, he solidly clears this verse with his infected army (which includes the Evolved).

One Punch Man: He wouldn't gain the powers of any of the espers since it's unknown what the origin of their powers are, but he should be able to gain the physical attributes of other OPM characters via adding their physical abilities via absorbing structure/properties of their muscles and adding them to his own. He might be able to take out Tatsumaki and absorb/infect her with surprise attacks if he's careful enough. He still solidly stops at Saitama unless he decides to gas the entire area from the very start of the fight. This is a possible clear for Mercer.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Since stands are manifestation of their user's "fighting spirit" (basically willpower) rather than metaphysical things like souls, Mercer should be able to get a Stand once he gets himself stabbed by a Stand Arrow (I'm not sure what type of Stand Mercer would get that reflects his psyche and deep desires. He gets a slimy, Stand with incredibly high physical stats that has tentacles/tendrils and can absorb other stands to gain their abilities? I don't know). Whether or not he could get past the top tier stands with uber hax would depend on what type of Stand Mercer would get. Ultimately the same result as around 1, but could get a different result if he gets a OP enough stand (but would still be hard-pressed to get past Gold Experience Requiem).

Also, adding to One Punch Man, if he learns what Saitama is capable of via absorbing someone who knows his strength (IE. Genos) then he could hypothetically prep to beat him.

The Wright Way said:
Also, adding to One Punch Man, if he learns what Saitama is capable of via absorbing someone who knows his strength (IE. Genos) then he could hypothetically prep to beat him.
That would probably just only make Mercer more confident in the fact that Saitama doesn't have any disease/biological resistance, but yeah.

I'd pay good money for a Prototype/Pokemon crossover where Mercer is randomly thrown into the Pokemon world.

"Alex Mercer! I choose you!"

"Goddammit, not this again."

Cue kid getting arrested for having his Pokemon slaughter the gym leader's team.

"You're not my mom, you're a ditto disguised as my mom!"

"Correcting you would traumatize you for life, so sure. Let's go with that."

Back