• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

All are Round 2s

Kengan Ashura - Solos

Lob Corp - Gets contained

Touhou - Too fast for u gg, and any haxxy one takes him out

Infamous - Cole wins, even if Alex somehow finds a way to escape he's gonna be treated as an eternal punching bag

Disgaea - Bye bye universe

SMT - Oof

OPM - God takes care of him or BFR happens

Also CH vs Alex is a good match

Surface familiarity was pretty familiar with the beta but never came back around for it. I was simply lamenting the idea you just gave me an Idea thats not leaving me alone...Ill show you later :p

Round 1:

Tekke: Mercer haxstomps.

Death Note: Mercer now gets a new mythical book which he can kill his human enemies with. Also, he haxstomps.

Akame ga Kill!: With speed equalised, he haxstomps.

Twilight (verse): He cringes and then godstomps.

Round 2:

Tekken: He eventually consumes Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima. He now has an infected army with Evolved that has the Devil Genes which he overtakes the world with.

Death Note: He can now kill any human enemies he knows of such as Blackwatch Soldiers as long as he knows their faces and names.

Akame Ga Kill: He now has an infected army with the Evolved and himself wielding Teigus that he can dominate the world with.

Twilight: He would then feel disgusted after consuming one of the vampires. He then decides to purge the world of these vampires and vows to never let his new version of Humanity encounter such beings ever again.

Ciruno Fortes said:
If Esdeath acts fast she might be able to permanently put him out of commission actually. But that's an if.
Funny thing is, I've checked Esdeath's profile (and dug up my general knowledge of Akame Ga Kill) and none of it suggests that the durability of the ice she freezes is as durable as her own durability. There's also the fact that her freezing seems to be limited to the cellular level, which is a level that Mercer's Mid-High Regenerationn exceeds.

And even if it does, it doesn't prevent her ice from being absorbed by Mercer, nor does it allow Esdeath to be able to deal with molecular-level infection. Her Mahapadma also only works once a day for a limited period of time. She basically has no way to incapacitate him, much less kill him, with speed equal.

I am not entirely sure if Mid-High would justify regenerating from ice that's cold enough, or even infecting said ice. Lose of motion and all that.

Considering Esdeath's reflexes, 6th sense like intuition and ability to see detect people by the merest fraction of killing intent, that seems unlikely.

And honestly, how easy would everyone's life be if killing Esdeath was as easy as quemical gas weapon?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am not entirely sure if Mid-High would justify regenerating from ice that's cold enough, or even infecting said ice. Lose of motion and all that.
None of Esdeath's capabilities suggests that she can freeze at Absolute Zero temperature, so there wouldn't even be a complete loss of motion. It'll just be slowing down the motion of matter to freeze at best if anything. That means there is no evidence that proves that Esdeath's ice is cold enough to freeze at the atomic level, and her profile explicitly implied that cellular level is the cap that her freezing can destroy at. So Molecular-level infection is beyond her paygrade, especially since viruses such as Blacklight has showcased being able to infect their targets at the molecular level, and being superior to an another virus that can infect even inanimate objects.

And her Mahadpadma, the technique Esdeath uses to freeze time, is quite brief. From what I can tell, even that technique doesn't showcased any properties that suggests Absolute Zero freezing, so it'll just be some weird magical space-time ability that doesn't correlate to AZ freezing.

She won't be able to incapacitate Mercer, much less kill him, with speed equal.

She has no feat of resisting biological weapons so no she seems pretty screwed when mercer eats a random citezen and gasses in her general vacinity.. Dange sense is great, just not so great when a highly infectious omnnidirectional gas blast is set off nearby...

edit its not some mere chemical weapon its a virus that breaks the laws of viral biology... To be clear im not aware enough of her freezing ability to comment it just seems like in round two she never fights mercer she just ends up killed in one of his gaseous attacks without ever crossing blows..

The pen or the sword said:
She has no feat of resisting biological weapons so no she seems pretty screwed when mercer eats a random citezen and gasses in her general vacinity.. Dange sense is great, just not so great when a highly infectious omnnidirectional gas blast is set off nearby...
How does one even avoid an omnidirectional gas blast when speed is equal without the use of special abilities such as Teleportation? From what I can tell, Esdeath doesn't have Teleportation as one of her abilities, and dodging something that spreads in all directions doesn't sound easy.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Considering Esdeath's reflexes, 6th sense like intuition and ability to see detect people by the merest fraction of killing intent, that seems unlikely.
And honestly, how easy would everyone's life be if killing Esdeath was as easy as quemical gas weapon?
I was more focussed on the idea esdeath would somehow mystically resist infection :p

Because Mercer has never been frozen at those temperatures and I have no reason to believe he would manage to stay active. Especially when her ice has remained perfectly fine and not one bit melted from Tyrant's breathing, so he should be staying there for a while. He's not dead, but he's KO.

An omnidirectional blast she can run away from because speed equal means it's not faster than her...? Or block by using the ice she's shown far too many times to be horribly creative at using? Or use that same time stop, the one that she can use and still fight just as good as always? In speed equal, the only difference between an omnidirectional and linear blast is that one doesn't let you dodge by moving to the side.

Not to mention, this is the same woman that dodged attacks from an invisible opponent and can feel people by mere bloodlust. Mercer would have to be close enough that she can't react before the blast gets to her for this to work

edit its not some mere chemical weapon its a virus that breaks the laws of viral biology... To be clear im not aware enough of her freezing ability to comment it just seems like in round two she never fights mercer she just ends up killed in one of his gaseous attacks without ever crossing blows..
I didn't imply she could resist it, merely that if catching her unawares with a quemical weapon was all it took to take her out, I really think the manga would have been a bit shorter. Resistance isn't the only way around things.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Because Mercer has never been frozen at those temperatures and I have no reason to believe he would manage to stay active. Especially when her ice has remained perfectly fine and not one bit melted from Tyrant's breathing, so he should be staying there for a while. He's not dead, but he's KO.

An omnidirectional blast she can run away from because speed equal means it's not faster than her...? Or block by using the ice she's shown far too many times to be horribly creative at using? Or use that same time stop, the one that she can use and still fight just as good as always? In speed equal, the only difference between an omnidirectional and linear blast is that one doesn't let you dodge by moving to the side.

Not to mention, this is the same woman that dodged attacks from an invisible opponent and can feel people by mere bloodlust. Mercer would have to be close enough that she can't react before the blast gets to her for this to work
Dude, we're talking about a being who can operate and walk around while their brain isn't even intact, as is the case where he moved around with a huge hole in his head. I highly doubt Mercer can be "knocked out" by conventional means. And the durability of her ice is irrelevant when Mercer can just absorb the said ice, or infect the said ice at the molecular level and then control it. Both of these abilities which should bypass durability. And there isn't even a estimated temperature for Esdeath's ice from what I can recall, so who knows how her cold her ice really is. Being frozen wouldn't magically knock someone, who can walk around with their brain rendered mush, into unconsciousness (heck, how most people in real life gets knocked out by cold temperatures is due to their body and brain shutting down, which Mercer shouldn't be vulnerable to due to his feats). Especially when that someone can find ways to escape their icy confinements through their hax.

She can't block the gas blast due to the Molecular-level infection, so Esdeath isn't surviving through that method. And her running away is going to delay the inevitable as she's dealing with an enemy with limitless stamina that she can't kill or incapacitate.

Also, Esdeath would have to get pretty far, because Mercer can just hunt her down with Viral Sonar with speed equal.

How does she accomplish this round 2 when there are a bunch of infected tyrants and evolved running around? How long can she hold out when the world is covered with viral abominiations, how do you block a gas, that infects through contact with it, using ice of all things? Heck the gas went straight through biohazard suits meant to keep it out. Didn't work out for blackwatch.

She may be able to dodge the blast but round two Im not sure she can actually win unless she runs into mercer right away. Even then it requires her to freeze him before alex manages to gas here. Now while thats definitly possible alex running away and changing froms while she waits for the gas to disspates makes me think its only a matter of time before she gets infected. Thats all assuming the ice attack will definitly work...

We cant give her feats of somehow escaping viral vectors she hasn't shown. the fact remains she has no feats of dealing with gaseous vectors thus im not sure what you expect her to do other then dodge and run away...Again not chemical weapon, viral weapon.

I lack the ability to see what's the relation between no brain and all of your cells being frozen to the point where they shouldn't be able to be active. AZ isn't the only temperature that can stop things. Being knocked out and being unable to fight are two different things to boot, you don't need both at the same time. Out of commission may be a better word, so I apologize for that. Absorbtion is also difficult when said cells are frozen and we haven't seen Alex shrugging off ice manipulation, or his cells being active at such temperatures, especially when Esdeath was shown capable of freezing and apparently knocking out Susanoo, a humanoid Teigu who's brain is a non-biological core.

Huh... that's not how that works but sure? Molecular-level infection doesn't mean she can't put down physical obstructions to stop the gas from moving closer while she makes more distance, even if those get infected.

@Pen How does she deal with a bunch of way weaker infected that are unlikely to be able to surprise her while easily using her powers with a range of kilometers, you ask? Easy. And I am honestly starting to get a bit tired of this misunderstanding - gas is still gas. I am not saying she covers her body in ice and the gas never touches her, but gas is somethingt that can be intereacted with from a distance with her ice. It's even easier considering her immense stamina, the fact it would be immensely higher if she manages to pull off Ice Commander, and that I have no reason to believe Mercer literally starts his bio campaign within a meter of Esdeath. Something like this would spread like news quick.

... Actually no, **** it, not gonna deal with this. I am seriously being told Esdeath can't outrun a gas that doesn't travel forever in speed equal. These are the things that are really making me get tired about Vs Debating.

I was more reffering to the infected and evolved distracting her, she needs to focus on cutting through them as they try and consume the world. Making mercers stealthing easier. Round two seems likes it's just a matter of time. Im not saying he starts it off next to her but its spreading and she has to deal with it while also keeping an eye out/hunting down mercer. Mercer contrastly just has to wait for a decent opprotunity

Have her abilities been used to deal with gasous threats before? If so fair enough if not I find it harder to believe. Then what does she do when mecer just keeps releasing gasses?

@Deathnoodles

The idea that Esdeath's ice isn't as durable or as strong is completely false, not only does that basically imply that all fire or ice users are only their tier physically but their Ice and fire cannot hurt other beings, but Esdeath has feats of her ice being on that level see literally every fight where she uses it to block or avoid an attack.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I lack the ability to see what's the relation between no brain and all of your cells being frozen to the point where they shouldn't be able to be active. AZ isn't the only temperature that can stop things. Being knocked out and being unable to fight are two different things to boot, you don't need both at the same time. Out of commission may be a better word, so I apologize for that. Absorbtion is also difficult when said cells are frozen and we haven't seen Alex shrugging off ice manipulation, or his cells being active at such temperatures, especially when Esdeath was shown capable of freezing and apparently knocking out Susanoo, a humanoid Teigu who's brain is a non-biological core.

Huh... that's not how that works but sure? Molecular-level infection doesn't mean she can't put down physical obstructions to stop the gas from moving closer while she makes more distance, even if those get infected.
If you're talking about Mercer's supposed lack of resistance to cold temperatures, he actually has such listed in his profile. Being able to operate in a very cold environment and all.

Also, good thing viruses aren't exactly made up of cells. Also, the fact that Blacklight can infect their targets at the molecular level and control them at such shows that it isn't a conventional disease. Also, Mercer controls his entire body at the genetic level, and has some Adaptation capabilities in his arsenal, so he could just adapt to the cold temperatures of Esdeath's ice as well. Also, his Absorption also works on beings that can regenerate beyond the cellular level, so I don't think freezing his cells would stop his Absorption or Blacklight's capacity to infect.

Either way, Esdeath fleeing would only delay the inevitable, as Mercer can just hunt her down with his limitless stamina.

I was more reffering to the infected and evolved distracting her, she needs to focus on cutting through them as they try and consume the world. Making mercers stealthing easier. Round two seems likes it's just a matter of time. Im not saying he starts it off next to her but its spreading and she has to deal with it while also keeping an eye out/hunting down mercer. Mercer contrastly just has to wait for a decent opprotunity
Against a person who is not only capable of detecting invisible people through killing Intent but was capable of blocking and dodging attacks from omnidirectional angles while blinded

Not happening.

Schnee One said:
@Deathnoodles

The idea that Esdeath's ice isn't as durable or as strong is completely false, not only does that basically imply that all fire or ice users are only their tier physically but their Ice and fire cannot hurt other beings, but Esdeath has feats of her ice being on that level see literally every fight where she uses it to block or avoid an attack.
Okay...

But I still don't see why Mercer can't just circumvent the durability of her ice with his hax.

Najenda thought, before she started using her abilities in even more varied ways, that an army of 50,000 and 10 Tengu Users as capable as Akame would be needed to ever have a chance of killing her. She's also combated many extremely skilled people at once before, once even after using her intensely stamina draining Mahapatma. Numbers is not a big concern for her unless she actually gets touched. Mercer stealthing her is as unlikely when she can feel even a shred of bloodlust from long distances away, detected Leone and Tatsumi despite both being accomplished stealth users and assassins and Tatsumi even being invisible and evaded an attack from that same Tatsumi while invisible. Not to mention, she has massive skill with her ice and kilometers of range, Mercer escaping her is gonna be hard unless is somewhere infested with civilians.

The fact that she can perfectly control her ice while it's levitating and making gusts to deal with it is far from hard? Not to mention that PIS or not, constantly releasing gases every chance he gets is not what I remember from Mercer.

I mean sure, Freezing a Mid High won't work, from my discussion anything beyond Low High won't work on conventional freezing, but that's seriously the only way he wins

His infected army is completely useless, as is him sneaking up on her.

Though IDK how Alex will ever get close to her without Speed Equal

@Lance

Najenda also brought 10 Teigu users and 100,000 soldiers to finally kill her.

They were failing miserably until Akame pulled a Miracle

The Wright Way said:
Alex is at peak and is allowed Force Multipliers.
Speed Equalized.
Speed is equal, I was also curious if she could curb the infection before it wiped out most of humanity.

So freezing cant effect mid high regen without showings/az? If so its kinda like I said a matter of time thing...

@Death The link is entirely broken so I can't really know his level of resistance. Not to mention a cold place and ice that can instantly freeze water and an human body are not the same.

I still fail to see what does negating someone that can regen beyond the cellular level have to do with your cells working while completely frozen. Those are not related things at all. And YES, control on the level of the cells matters squat when the attack in question is, as you and pen have pointed out, A GAS that has to reach her first.

Hmm...Round two he's eaten other charcters not sure if that helps but its worth noting. So she keeps bullying him from range while his infected contiue to tear apart the world? Is that in character for her? Plus not limitless stamina against limitless stamina as I said a matter of time...

edit reading over her profile doesn't care about mercers infected and takes pleasure from beating on him for hours...Hilarous...

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
@Death The link is entirely broken so I can't really know his level of resistance. Not to mention a cold place and ice that can instantly freeze water and an human body are not the same.

I still fail to see what does negating someone that can regen beyond the cellular level have to do with your cells working while completely frozen. Those are not related things at all. And YES, control on the level of the cells matters squat when the attack in question is, as you and pen have pointed out, A GAS that has to reach her first.
It probably isn't the same, but as Schnee One confirmed, conventional freezing doesn't work against characters with behind Low-High Regenerationn.

It matters because statement of his Biological Manipulation says that it works at the Molecular level. Also, that's more than just "control over cells", it's "control over molecules" as far as Blacklight is concerned.

Either way, Esdeath can flee and dodge all day, but her stamina isn't inexhaustible. She would tire out at one point, and when she does, she would fall to Mercer (who can relentlessly hunt her down with his Limitless stamina).

Schnee One said:
@Lance
Najenda also brought 10 Teigu users and 100,000 soldiers to finally kill her.

They were failing miserably until Akame pulled a Miracle
Granted, Najenda's early predictions were based on Esdeath before she got far too creative with her power.

Back