• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

The point is, Alex fate doesn't have an outcome where he dies of causes he can't die of, that's why it works. Cus is basically causing your fate to choose death.

But eh doesn't matter.

So how would that work on something already dead? Or something that has immortality via Regenerationn? has it ever dealt with something like that before? If not, Im gonna say no....

Anyway my second point remains.

note I said verses without broken hax, Im aware hax are required to beat mid high. that doesn't mean you need fate/causality hax to bring the moon down, passive paraylsis, the heat of the sun, absolute zero on a stare. There are plenty of verse with powerful hax that alex can actually stand a chance in via power crawl/stealth. The verses you listed are impossible for alex to do anything period, it doesn't matter how hard he works or how long he evolved he can never win, or even stand a chance...

Edit i consider a gap that can't be surpassed by any means to denote broken levels of power or broken hax.

Hax

Also, higher dimensional abilities (or abilities that operate in the higher dimensional scale) still qualify as hax in this site.

Edit: You know, I don't know why users are putting Mercer against characters that are dimensionally far higher tiered than him, when it's plain obvious that he doesn't stand a chance against such forces. The OP should impose a limitation where verses with higher dimensional abilities and hax should be restricted, to narrow the list quite a bit and make the rounds more interesting.

Im fine with him getting stomped, this thread is bound to throw him at things he can't handle.While those verses don't offer alot of food for thought its only fair.

the above arguments came about due to cirno stating in most non overly haxed verse/verses without massive power gaps mercer can usually be one of the most dangerous characters. I agreed then phenoix listed three incredibly haxed verses to...disagree? I guess?

Mob Psycho : Psychic power uses mind+soul, so no copying esper powers

Round 1: Likely makes short work of all human espers including 100% Mob and Toichiro Suzuki who probably can't block the infected gas with their barriers.

Ironically he gets beaten by your average ghosts as they are non-corporeal and can possess him,since he lacks resistance. Specially the stronger ghosts like god dimple and Mogami

???% Mob lacks any way of dealing with him, but possibly stalemates because of his passive air manip, will blow the infectious gas away.

Round 2: has a high chance of soloing, as he will probably meet mob at his base form and Espers are vulnerable to biological hax, he can amass an army of Supernatural fighters capable of slaying any ghost on their path.

Ghosts aren't common enough to be a real problem if you don't chase after them, so he most likely will never meet Mogami, if he does, however, he better make sure he already has Mob or Toichiro under his control.

If he appears after God Dimple arrives, it will be a fight between his biological mind manip vs Dimple's supernatural mind manip and possession. In that case he once again has to get Mob or Toichiro on his side asap, or he's getting corrupted(as far as i know his mind manip resist is biological).

If he manages to get near the Giant Broccoli without Dimple noticing, the blacklight virus might make the faith born entity inside it rebel against Dimple and destroy him.

The pen or the sword said:
Im fine with him getting stomped, this thread is bound to throw him at things he can't handle.While those verses don't offer alot of food for thought its only fair.

the above arguments came about due to cirno stating in most non overly haxed verse/verses without massive power gaps mercer can usually be one of the most dangerous characters. I agreed then phenoix listed three incredibly haxed verses to...disagree? I guess?
Well, unless the AP for certain characters are extremely absurd (such as 3-A or over, blowing up galaxies into smithereens, etc.), I doubt truly haxless verses can't be soloed by Mercer.

RWBY is basically the only current example if we exclude the Brother Gods.

I mean, 100% Mob's passively bloodlusted so you never know.

You know what would be funny? If Alex killed Mob and Toichiro, and then they came back as ghosts and stomped the shit out of him. Absorbing or infecting them would probably cause them to lose the powers too since the real Alex died and the virus is just Alex shaped. The Espers would just take their powers with them to the afterlife.

Epiccheev said:
If he appears after God Dimple arrives, it will be a fight between his biological mind manip vs Dimple's supernatural mind manip and possession. In that case he once again has to get Mob or Toichiro on his side asap, or he's getting corrupted(as far as i know his mind manip resist is biological).
Mind Manipulation is scaled by potency (and by potency, I mean sheer volumes of minds affected), not by the origin or nature of the Mind Manipulation. So unless Dimple has shown to be able to affect millions of people (Mercer has a hivemind of millions, and even immersed himself into it), he's not getting past Mercer's mindhax resistance.

The rest sounds logical enough though.

Actually the evolved are still themselves, they didn't die and revive due to the virus, alex took there still living bodies and converted them into evolved i don't think the mercer strand of the virus would actually count as killing.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Dimple affected a whole country iirc
If literally everyone (or almost everyone) is affected in that country (rather than just having country range), then that should be reasonable enough to get past the mindhax resistance.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Possession

"Possession is the ability of a character to take control of another character by entering their mind, body, or soul. It is different from mind control, as it is done internally instead of externally."

Having resistance to mindhax isn't going to help. Alex doesn't even have a soul so it would be even easier because there would be no natural defenses.

Actually the evolved are still themselves, they didn't die and revive due to the virus, alex took there still living bodies and converted them into evolved i don't think the mercer strand of the virus would actually count as killing.
Plus, the original Alex Mercer already died before the Blacklight Virus took over his corpse and reanimated it (and then gained sentience and thought it was him). Since there's no reason to assume they have died before they are infected, there's no reason to assume they are still not living beings, and are still their original selves.

Honestly sounds like there could be a good story here....NO I WILL RESIST! I dont know anything about mob physco....Ill write this idea down for later reference....

DragonEmperor23 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Possession

"Possession is the ability of a character to take control of another character by entering their mind, body, or soul. It is different from mind control, as it is done internally instead of externally."

Having resistance to mindhax isn't going to help. Alex doesn't even have a soul so it would be even easier because there would be no natural defenses.
I was not talking about Possession, I was talking about Mind Manipulation.

It's obvious enough that spiritual Possession isn't something Mercer has ever dealt with, but Mind Manipulation by itself should show that it has the potency necessary to overcome mindhax resistance rather than just being "this Mind Manipulation is supernatural!".

"but Mind Manipulation by itself should show that it has the potency necessary to overcome mindhax resistance rather than just being "this Mind Manipulation is supernatural!" "

What do you mean by this?

DragonEmperor23 said:
"but Mind Manipulation by itself should show that it has the potency necessary to overcome mindhax resistance rather than just being "this Mind Manipulation is supernatural!" "

What do you mean by this?
I'm just going to show you an example instead:

Person X: "I have resistance to Mind Manipulation that can affect millions of minds, Mind Manipulation which came from the manipulation of electrical signals and the neutral functions of the brain."

Person Y: "Well, I don't really know if my Mind Manipulation can affect that amount of people as I have only used it to affect 10 people. But my Mind Manipulation is supernatural by origin, for it is a vampiric power! That means I will bypass your resistance for that resistance is only biological by nature!"

That kind of logic is what I was talking about.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Wait! Even better, can Alex survive Plague Inc. and it's ridiculousness?!
The diseases would probably only evolve Mercer further once he absorbs them or gains control over them at the molecular level.

I havent played plauge inc in a long time but I don't remeber anything that could actually harm mercer, most of the disease eventually cause organ failure/burst organs...Alex lacks those, the mind worm thing requires the thing it effects to have a brain. The zombie plauge...Alex has his own version, and his can tear apart tanks.

DeathNoodles said:
Mind Manipulation is scaled by potency (and by potency, I mean sheer volumes of minds affected), not by the origin or nature of the Mind Manipulation.
I feel like that's debatable. Take Shokuhou Misaki as an example, her mind control works by manipulating the moisture inside one's brain.

Mob should in theory resist it's potency, but it works by biological manip, wich he has 0 resistances to. Controling someone's mind by changing it's chemical reactions is way different to directly manipulating the aspect of mind, as in, a being with no brain would be immune to the first, but nothing proves he resists the latter (and vice versa).

As a bonus: If a character resists supernatural empathic manip, and takes an antidepressant, it wouldn't work?

That's basically how Mindhax is treated in this site though, that potency of mindhax depends on sheer volumes of minds affected rather than different natures/origins. If it isn't, there should've been much more characters with mindhax resistance being affected by mindhax with lesser potency but different nature/origin, in which I can hardly find any. It's probably because Verse Equalisation is an important factor here.

Now its on my list to check out, it might be a while but if I really like It ill probably make a crossover....

Overwatch, round one alex takes it

Round two, I could actually see alex and the omnics teaming up during the war, monsters created by mans own huberis turning against their creators...

To Love-Ru (not a part of my favourite verses, but eh):

Round 1: Mercer haxstomps everything but stops at the ghost. Is probably a major counter to Golden Darkness once he turns into a mass of dark red slime/tendrils (because she faints at slimy stuff).

Round 2: Well, I'm not sure if he's able to gain their powers, but the characters with supernatural abilities are aliens, so he might be able to gain their abilities once he consumes them. He might be able to get past the ghost once he consumes the right character and gains their ability but to interact with spiritual beings.

Golden darkness and a mass of tentacles....Internet has already handled that one :p

I once thpught of doing an alien vs predator crossover with prototype but neither species can handle mercer, the only way the predator can win is sucide bombing and hes not trying that before alex has consumed him. Predators face huggers force feed alex dna...

the only way the predator can win is sucide bombing and hes not trying that before alex has consumed him. Predators face huggers force feed alex dna...
Can't Mercer just regenerate from that? Heck, if this was 7-C Mercer, couldn't be just outright tank it? I don't see why a Predator's suicide bombing would even do anything but make them look pathetic via their attempts to take out Mercer failing horribly.

And as interesting of an idea as the facehugger to Mercer would be, they wouldn't never be able to implant eggs in Mercer without him just absorb anything they try to put in him, and then consume the Facehugger itself. Mercer doesn't exactly have good experiences with parasites after all.

Back