• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

Eh, I am not sold on the issue of Regenerationn, but disagreeing with site standards isn't exactly a new thing.

And no, a gas cloud is still a gas cloud, molecular manipulation or not. It's not something impossible to stave off just because "molecules".

Hmm..I dont think esdeath and mercer would get along, shes a ******....Mercer is just plain weird...

edit then again mercers way of killing is a pretty brutal example of what hentai tentacles would do to real people...She may find his means of killing amusing... And she does sorta share mercer strong food chain philosphy....

without prior knowledge how liable is she to get splattered with mercers blood? I only asd because it says she's a ****** on her profile and well...****** in fiction often get blood on themselves....

She would just convince him to let her join in since she'd be way better than Heller, a true Chad girl.

It depends. She can keep going for a long, long, long time and this is especially true if she had the time to set up Ice Commander.

I honestly don't think Mercer would just keep going at it if he saw he couldn't approach, pulling back to try something else. I just feel there's some dissonance between assuming he'd just gas all day but couldn't pull back and try a change of strategy.

No he'd try a bunch of different stratgies the problem is when he runs out it becomes a battle of attrition and thats a battle mercer is granteed to win as unlike esdeath he has infinite stamina.

Hmm....I wonder if mercer and her could devolop a plantonic relationship based around their similar phylosiphy and love of destruction....Possible monsterous bromance (what do we call plantonic relationships between men and women...Besides shipper material of course) Could be fun. Unfortunatly I don't know enough about her charcter to say if such a thing would work

The pen or the sword said:
Hmm....I wonder if mercer and her could devolop a plantonic relationship based around their similar phylosiphy and love of destruction....Possible monsterous bromance (what do we call plantonic relationships between men and wome...Besides shipper material of course) Could be fun. Unfortunatly I don't know enough about her charcter to say if such a thing would work
Let's not go there. ^_^;

Actually thats a good question would esdeath and him even fight? Assuming mercers goal wasn't a verse wipe but taking over the world would they come into conflict?

As long as she gets to fight strong people, enjoy torturing someone and yadda yadda, I doubt she'd care about him. She was ready to consign an entire country to a freezing, deathly cold.

Sounds like they wouldn't be liable to come into conflict then though she may challange mercer and eventually get tired of wailing on him. Hmmm Male to female bromance possiblity 50% they don't have conflicting goals/ideologies but they also don't have enough in common to really form a bond...Ill take this under consideration for future endevors....

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
As long as she gets to fight strong people, enjoy torturing someone and yadda yadda, I doubt she'd care about him. She was ready to consign an entire country to a freezing, deathly cold.
Seeing as how Alex Mercer and the Blacklight infected can get stronger from every living being they absorbed, he should gain some major AP increase in round 2 via absorbing Danger Beasts and other Akame Ga Kill characters (and adding their strength to his own) in round 2 to give Esdeath some thrilling fight.

As for if she can torture someone, well, I doubt Mercer is the type to like being tormented on, seeing as he likes being "at the top of the food chain" and all.

Im not really sure of anything she could do to mercer that would really count as torture. How do you torture a vaguly humaniod blob of biomass that doesn't seem to feel pain....

Dragon I feel like if you can like somone over a simple smile you can probably like someone over their interest but saying that it would require a lot of work which is why I put the possibility at 50% They don't have anything that really conflicts but there shared interest aren't that strong. Itd take serious work to get it to work and feel semi realistic..

DragonEmperor23 said:
Considering she liked Tatsumi because of his smile, I don't see why she would like Alex just because they share interests.
Esdeath's requirements from the manga:

"V: One who has a pure and innocent smiling face would be nice

IV: Will be under my direct control, so must be younger than me

III: Cannot have been raised near the Capital. Just like me, must have been raised on the outskirts of the empire

II: Must be fearless; A person who can hunt the most dangerous species of the world with me.

I: Above all, must possess a deep well of untapped ability, I wished to mold him into a person of general class abilities"

So far, Mercer fits virtually all the requirements, except for the pure and innocent smile one. While he isn't raised on the outskirts of the empire (as he is not from Akame ga Kill), he at least isn't "raised near the Capital".

Since Alex Mercer is just a sapient virus that is created, he would actually be two years old as of Prototype 2, so he would technically be younger than Esdeath.

Not saying that they are actually compatible as couples, just that Esdeath's requirements in a lover isn't as narrow as you would think, and that it's not like Mercer isn't someone that Esdeath is completely uninterested in.

Im not talking romance more deep freindship, I don't see romance really working for mercer.

editSaying that if romance was on the table she would trying to sleep with a creature of two years old by the second game...Not okay! :p

Considering Tyrant was able to remain alive even after being "killed", gutted and turned into a weapon, turned Tatsumi into a second Tyrant, and was able to somehow overcome Time Stop by "Adaptation", I am not sure if Mercer absorbing one would be a good idea.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Considering Tyrant was able to remain alive even after being "killed", gutted and turned into a weapon, turned Tatsumi into a second Tyrant, and was able to somehow overcome Time Stop by "Adaptation", I am not sure if Mercer absorbing one would be a good idea.
That all sounds good, but the Adaptation feats doesn't seem to include potent Biological Manipulation with some Matter Manipulation mixed in, potent Disease Manipulation, or potent Absorption.

The thing with Adaptation and Reactive Evolution characters is that their evolutionary feats are judged purely by their feats. Even the Adaptation example I used for Mercer is based on resistances that he already has.

The pen or the sword said:
Wait mercer is two years old by the end of the second game! Stop trying to ship him! I was talking about freindship, A bromance!
I'm not trying to ship him, I even said that it doesn't mean that they are truly compatible as couples just as they are not truly incompatible. I like some weird, platonic friendships as well. :p

Except it never ever resisted anything related to time or ice, Tatsumi was as vulnerable as everyone else to that.

Yes? I fail to see how a life form that couldn't resist freezing or time shenanigans suddenly gaining intantaneous resistance to time freeze is not a feat above resisting biological manipulation. That's a pretty good feat.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Except it never ever resisted anything related to time or ice, Tatsumi was as vulnerable as everyone else to that.

Yes? I fail to see how a life form that couldn't resist freezing or time shenanigans suddenly gaining intantaneous resistance to time freeze is not a feat above resisting biological manipulation. That's a pretty good feat.
By judged "purely by feats", I meant as in they at least a feat for adapting to certain abilities.

If a character has an Adaptation feat of adapting to fire, radiation, and poison, then it is assumed that is as far as their adaptation goes (meaning, those are the abilities they would only adapt to) in order to avoid NLF.

Yeah, but this is not an official match or thread, just a fun and games thing.

And as far as I am concerned, Tyrant being able to somehow keep itself alive after being butchered and turned into a weapon and then instantly adapting to time fuckery when Tatsumi got more power is sufficient for him to have a chance with Mercer.

A super adaptative mega predactor adapting to and maybe even managing to use the hyper virus of Mercer, leading to a cataclysmic war between both forces doesn't sound cool to you?

Heresy I say!

No thats exactly what I imagine except with mercer guiding them and their evolution.

edit literally exactly what I was think a super adptive mega virus infecting and controling an army of mega preadtors that he personally evolves and improves as time goes on.... Bringin these horrendous beast to bare against there kin and mankind.

YOU DARE DOUBT MY GRAND VISION HERITIC!

Soul Calibur: Hmmmm. Round 1 is interesting, I don't Nightmare can beat him with "Watch This" but Algol should be able to take him down. Round 2 prolly infects a lot of the world but prolly joins up with Soul Edge.

Alex mercer with soul edge...How the hell is anyone else going to get that sword? Mercers a pain to kill....

edit Atleast the sword matches mercer fleshy bio weapon motif... Wait it changes shape to match the weilder right? What the heck is it going to turn into in mercers hands...

Hokuto No Ken: Hmmmm, well he can't affect Ken when he is in Muso Tensei and Ken has Precog too. But Hokuto Shinken prolly won't work on Mercer with his body type. Round 2 is just even worse than the world already is at that point.

Attack on titan: Round one...Literally devours everything and nothing their can really stop him. Atleast from my basic knowledge most characters have no way past mercers regen and peak aroud 8-C while the top teirs reach high 7-c.Even with a few having higher ap they have no way past mercers regen/infection/absorbtion.

Round 2 humanity is saved from the titans by mercer creating an army of evolved... So yay!

Let's go through my verses.

FNaF: ******* nooooooo

Baldi: Heccin nooooo

Dead Rising: Still noooooo

Kid Icarus: Eh, reset bombs and the gods could kill him off pretty quick I'd imagine.

Pokemon: mid tiers and god tiers destroy him.

Khimera: hurts inside but he totally wins that.

Green Worldz: it's weird there's alreadya big virus here but he AP stomps them all.

From what I read maybe? It seems to be bio manip and I have some trouble buying that mercer wont just shift back/resist.Like a lot of trouble buying it...Trying to transform a sentient blob of viral tissue into something else biological just doesn't sound like it's going to go well....

edit when you say nooo do you mean mercer stomps, cause from what I know of dead rising nothing stops him...

Looking at green world they are pretty screwed, mercers regen is higher and he can bypass theirs via consumption/infection.

Not my favorites or anything but going into zombie apocalypse scenarios:

Gakkou Gurashi!: Zombies weaker then mook infected vs alex...Not gonna end well, may save humanity round 2...May also let them die off depends on his mood....

Lollipop chainsaw: Similar outcome from what i know they have nothing to put mercer down, saying that round two humanity is saved by juliet/other hunter thus mercer probably never becomes involved.

High school of the dead: Same as above

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: ^

Digimo: Might as well throw my hat into the ring.

Round 1: He clears basically all the non Arkadimon In-Training levels and most Rookie levels just by sheer AP alone. However, once he gets to Dark Area Rookies, then he loses handedly. He biological warfare is more than likely not going to work unless this guy can affect data.

Round 2: Depends on who he runs into honestly. Although, anything Champion level or above kinda wrecks him. Although, if he gets a Digimon partner....that may be vastly different. God forbid he runs into like a Royal Knight or anything like an Ultimate level or Mega level.

There are a ton of different Virus Digimon. If I knew more about Alex, I could make a more accurate decision.

Fair Im a fanfic writer in my spare time and I see an avenue for alex to grow and change alongside his monsterous viral freind. Feel free to skip the next part as I am simply describing mercer lol . As for alex himself Ill describe him from the first game a bit, first thing you have to understand is alex isn't human.

Hes not infected or evolved, even greene, the mother of the viruses wasn't like mercer. Theres nothing in alex anymore thats remotly human all his body is a conglmorate of viral tissue micmicing the image of the original alex mercer. He learns this at the end of the first game and it destroys him, and remakes him. He learns he isn't human, never was, he is simply a virus wearing the faces of dead men.

Now another thing to understand is he's only two weeks old by the end of the first game, two years by the second. Despite all the memories he's stolen, the pain hes caused, the viral being known as alex mercer is a fundementally pitiful one. Born into a world trying to tear it apart Blacklight responded in kind.

alex will do anything to get what he wants, he'll break armies to devour a single person who has info he needs. He will never hesitate to kill someone that has something he wants. He won't ask, the most effecient thing he can do is consume someone, theres no feasible downside to his way of dealing with problems. Now saying this he wont go out and randomly kill people for no reason, its simply if he has a reason to kill he won't hesitate.

He is also sociopathic, he feels no empathy for those he kills despite having there memories. He's not human, he can't distance himself from those he kills, he becomes them, sees their families, freinds loved ones. All the people who will be upset by the death he caused, he can look at all this and feel nothing for the people he killed.

So he's brutal, effecient, sociopathic but pitiable as well, and he can care. He cared about dana (human alex sister) more then the original alex mercer did. But those happier emotions are almost always drowned out by his effciancy and rage.

Back