• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

DragonEmperor23 said:
Alex: "Woah, that's a big gorilla-OHSHIT!"
Ironically, as long as their physical attributes are biological/physiological based, they can just simply be absorbed to bump Mercer into the 7-A category in Round 2. :p

Mountain level Gorilla vs Alex wasn't the point. I was saying that animals that strong haven't show any signs of Haki even when Low 7-B or even regular people with no fighting ability (aka Human level beings) can use the most basic (Observation Haki) so it's unlikely he could develop Haki by himself even if he knows the details of it. Maybe absorbing someone who uses it he'd tho.

Possibly it could also require a level of intellegence to use haki that gorrillas cant reach. Don't worry we were simply teasing about the fact that gorrilla would shock mercer, only to be devoured after. :p

I reckon Mercer's Stand would be an entity that can absorb all properties of objects and shapeshift into such objects it has absorbed, either partially or fully, to reflect Mercer's horrifying Shapeshifting (so the stand can do something like shapeshift its arm into diamond or a type of metal, can just turn into a gun, or it can just take on the form of any living being or even stand that it has absorbed. It can probably twist it's form to resemble an amalgamation or other stands it has absorbed. Oh, and it usually projects tentacles/tendrils). And Mercer is the type to quickly come in to hit fast and hard, thus the stand would have incredibly high physical stats to reflect that (having A rankings in speed, durability, and power).

The stand would also release a type of virus (that can be spread through all forms of transmissions such as physical contact, water, air, etc.) that can infect any beings or stands upon contact (not unlike Purple Haze), to reflect Mercer's existence as a sapient virus. As well as having a trump card ability that allows it to absorb other Stands and gain all their abilities (with no upper limit on the amount of abilities it gains), to reflect Mercer's potential for growth.

The stand's base form resembles a slimy mass of blobby tendrils though.

I'm suggesting an original stand, not a pre-existing one.

The pen or the sword said:
Sorry got nothing all my knowledge of jojo comes from the profiles, what are the limits on stands? I get they basically represent a persons fighting spirit but what can't they do?
From what I can tell, the only limit to a stand's potential is their user's psyche and willpower. Seriously, we have some ridiculous stands around. We have stands that can alter time in various ways, stands that can blow up a target and leave no traces of them, stands that can turn people into snails (or at least convince them into thinking they're snails), stands that can hop into other dimensions, and stands that can reverse the actions and causality of the targets. There really is not set limit to what type of stand one would get, as long as it reflects their user's psyche and willpower (so stands basically embody their user's personality/characteristics).

EmperorDoom25 said:
Mercer's Stand ability would probably be a mix of Fugo's Purple Haze, Giorno's Golden Experience, and Cioccolata 's Green Day
Nice to know you're humouring me, I appreciate that. :)

So, since you're saying that it would probably be a mix of those stands, what would be the summary of that stand's capabilities (which resembles a mix of these other stands)? Or you're saying it has all of the abilities of these stands into one package?

He could pretty much has all those abilities and more. And I believe his Stand would be even more powerful than the Stands I listed above (with the exception of GER)

EmperorDoom25 said:
He could pretty much has all those abilities and more. And I believe his Stand would be even more powerful than the Stands I listed above (with the exception of GER)
So, that stand can also give life to inanimate objects via having abilities that is a mix of Gold Experience's?

Man still can't believe we at the end of Part 5 jojo for the anime now. Part 6 will prolly be at least 3 years nuuuuuu.

Speaking of Jojo he defo gets GER'd, round 2 is a lot more interesting though.

Warhammer

Round 1: Pull my finger.

Round 2: Prolly annoys the inquisition to the point where they nuke the planet he is on. Though it would be funny to see Nurgle offer him a position as his version of Kharn the Betrayer.

Shin Megami Tensei

Round 1: Anyone above tier 8 just coughs and ggs.

Round 2: I could see him maybe developing his own team of mons via corruption but he wouldn't last long I feel.

The pen or the sword said:
Double checked with bambu and im correct ap difference does not allow for atmization without explicit showings of doing so. So even if a character is a million times stronger their attacks still won't atomize unless they have been show to do so.
Take it that comes from Mercer's regen? Lots of folks in Castlevania negate regen up to mid Godly so there is that.

Nasuverse:

Round 1: Welp... depending the mage, he's likely ******. Someone like Cornelius Alba, unless he's being silly and stupid, just spams his wide range flame attack until he's vaporized as much biomass as possible. Both Shikis just cut up like veggies, which also kills the infectivity of his virus self. Akiha just stares and he's immobilized/drained of energy little by little. But he can kill a lot I would say. Can do nothing to Servants, but depending the Servants they can do nothing back either. Some to send him to oblivion.

Round 2: Eh... hard to guess. Something like Mercer would draw heavy clocktower attention for sure, and fast, unless he's really sneaky about it. Without a soul though, he's not copying Magecraft or anything like that I can assure that much.

Toriko:

Round 1. ... Anyone on the human world level is likely ******. Beyond? Oh dear poor lord. Midora just licks and gives not a ****.

Round 2: Actually a really nice chance to grow his power level. Tons of monsters to eat, can get gourmet cells, lots and lots and freaking lots of space to just hide and do his thing. But going to the worst parts of Gourmet World? The really powerful Bishokuya? Alex may get cooked if he hasn't absorbed the right people.

What a Beautiful Series:

Everything's still pretty unknown as three of the VN's plus one other title that's a novel book and a fandisc sequel to one of them is not TL'd so off the ones I can think of here:

Round 1: Will get into a dead end tie or just die from even the Critters or Kikai of Inganock, let alone that of the one who caused them to appear such as Grimm=Grimm. Other than GG, however, the Critters and Kikai AP wise don't have the firepower to really harm Alex as their hax is what really gives them the edge on top of their abstract nature as possibilities. He may be able to take on the Meta=Critters but that's more cuz it's not known if they share the same basic properties as that of the normal Critters. He definitely dies from the Top Tiers like The M or Edison, heck even Golden King or possibly Tesla can beat him easily, or that of Wrath King. The other VN's and stuff I breifly mentioned are likely to be ones Alex has a chance in somewhat but as they're currently not TL'd, I can't say for sure on them at all beyond the current known ENG TL's.

Round 2: This one, it literally depends WHERE he lands as he can start either Kadath or Earth. Although both worlds are able to be traverse through portals on certain parts of Earth to Kadath so Alex, assuming he doesn't attract the attention of the world powers or that of the WIC or even Edison for that matter, he can more around just fine and probably start to learn why the world he's in is using Steampunk type tech and whatnot while slowly growing in power. He may start to even learn Cracking if he absorbs some certain people who can use it, but he'll really run into trouble if he meets the Critters in Inganock (if he appears during the time they're cut off from the world), or that of the Golden King or Tesla if he's in France.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Nasuverse:

Round 1: Welp... depending the mage, he's likely ******. Someone like Cornelius Alba, unless he's being silly and stupid, just spams his wide range flame attack until he's vaporized as much biomass as possible.
Just for the record, vapourisation would not be enough to permanently take out Mercer, who can regenerate from such. Along with fact that Mercer's Regenerationn being reliant on biomass has already been debunked in the previous discussions (and with the biomass-limitation being removed from Mercer's profile to prove such). And he can reform within seconds without needing biomass if we scale his Regenerationn to the Supreme Hunter (who can easily reform from a puddle within a couple of seconds, and has comparable Regenerationn to Alex Mercer).

However, I do agree that he gets absolutely destroyed by conceptual hax and the ilk. He isn't getting past the Shikis, the TYPEs, or the top-tier haxed servants.

I am aware it wouldn't take him off permanently, but it can certainly strain him. That said, I entirely disagree with his Regenerationn not caring about biomass and will probably check out that discussion later. Magis are more likely to get ****** in the bracket honestly, giving Alex time only gives the mages time to find out something is happening and whip up the really dangerous boys.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Round 2: Actually a really nice chance to grow his power level. Tons of monsters to eat, can get gourmet cells, lots and lots and freaking lots of space to just hide and do his thing. But going to the worst parts of Gourmet World? The really powerful Bishokuya? Alex may get cooked if he hasn't absorbed the right people.
Yeah, I don't see him making it in the Gourmet World without an Appetite Demon. Considering that Midora's didn't gain the properties of other Apetite Demons despite copying their power, I'm not sure it would be possible for Alex to develop one just by eating people with them and gaining Gourmet Cells.

I can see him getting gourmet cells, but no apetite demons. That's a highly personal thing and not just acquired like Stands.

More over, the mere way in which gourmet cells work means there's likely someone out there that could eat Mercer simply because their gourmet cells find him the best food ever, and this is a verse of people that can leave someone scarred on the genetic level because they overpowered their cells so hard, they admit defeat and just take the damage instead of healing it.

Midora: "So you're the one that's been making such a mess."

Alex: "Yeah, what's it to-"

Midora's Appetite Demon appears.

Midora: "Boo."

Alex: melts into a puddle

While I don't disagree i do find the idea of someone getting the drop on mercer, especially if he's had enough time to consume some intellegent people, rather perposterous. At least without some esoteric abilities. Hiding indefinitly isn't exactly hard for him in one comic he stood still for several months without moving.

So they are gonna hunt down mercer disguising himself as a random mook? Im not saying it's impossible Im just not sure how many people will bother with looking for mercer in the first place.

Mercers a great bezerker but he is also has a great intellect, he eats someone with enough knowledge he's going to watch his steps, stay in hiding and avoid attention. This won't let him deal with planatary level entities but staying under their radar? Doesn't sound like it's beyond his stealth capablities

If he's going on a killing spree, as it being a verse slaughter he would be, then he would catch their attention and their senses are very good.

I was more focussed on round two, it is meant to be a verse slaughter but that doesn't mean he kills everyone he comes across, he can stratagize, create plans, turn others into evolved, exist for a long period of time buidling up his info network/strength. Thats not going to be enough I just thought it was worth noting.

edit kinda the whole point of round two, give alex a chance to play to his strengths.

Yeah, but Toriko is a verse where pretty much everyone has a detector that works down to the cellular level. Like Lance said, they would probably view Alex as a special one of a kind meal and then he would eventually get eaten.

I mean

All of the 4 Heavenly Kings have such absurdly keen senses it is stupid. Toriko, for example, by the relative start of the manga, can tell that a wolf is pregnant from a distance by the faint smell of amniotic fluid, or detecting pheromones. By series end, Toriko can accurately tell the very exact sequence of creatures that passed through a specific area no matter how long ago they did so. When it gets boosted beyond, it compares to Guinness', the most powerful Battle Wolf, Guinness Search, which by pure power of smelling is able to ascertain the target's age, sex, habitat, ancestry, DNA, favorite foods and even apetite demons, and that smell can extend through the entirety of the world.

Like I said fair enough I was just pointing out attempting to kill everything he comes across isn't his only option.

So any of you have an idea for a good vs match for mercer?

I know, I just wanted to expose a little about a favorite series of mine and explain why killing or not, Mercer is likely to be singled out because he's foreign, and he's certainly far from normal living matter or DNA.

No clue honestly. Is a bit hard.

True with that level of detection even mercers stealth ablities are useless. Sounds like an odd but interesting verse!

Yeah I figured, mercers regens a pain but the bigger problem is his strongest key is laible to gas early on and his absorbtion allows him to bypass most regen.

Saying that vs scenarios don't really allow mercer to play to his strengths....

Back