• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

@The Wright Way

Anyways, when I've said that Mercer would be one of Spider-Man's most formidable antagonists, I actually do mean it.

Seriously, Spiderman's Spider-like abilities alone isn't enough to cut it. No amount of physical attacks Peter dishes out could put Mercer down (or even damage Mercer if we're talking about Mercer at the later stages of the Prototype 1 game), whereas even a single strike from Mercer (especially lethal ones such as his tendrils, claws/blade ability, Devastators, Absorption, etc.) could lead Spidey to his death (Good thing Spidey has Spider Sense. :p). Combine Mercer's ability to adapt to harmful situations as time passes, getting stronger from every single living being he consumes/absorbs, and his ability to absorb any genetic/biological/physiological abilities of his targets, and he's basically Spidey's worst nightmare of a villain. He's one of the enemies where Spider-Man would need to rely heavily on preparation time and his inventions designed specifically against Mercer to even be able to tussle around with him for each encounter, and even then it wouldn't be easy.

I imagine that if you want to start off a story with the Spider-Man and Alex Mercer protagonist-antagonist dynamic, have it start off where Spider-Man lost a fight against Mercer and almost lost his life, to prove that Mercer is far from the usual thugs and villains that Spidey deals with (thus, is one that Spidey has to take seriously at all times, especially where Spider-Man's seriousness with Mercer is hidden beneath his wise cracks). It wouldn't do for Spider-Man to die to Mercer early due to carelessness and overconfidence after all.

Kizaru and Enel wouldn't touch him directly. They can attack while in logia form, something he can't affect so I guess they eventually find some way to incap him?

No I meant mercer turns into someone and touches them while not in their Logia forms. Can they do anything about that?

edit alex is a beast in close combat but his magnum opus is his stealth consumption abilities

I also agree in an arena/gauntlet style he can't win and eventually...Maybe incap? His regen makes it a pain though. In a less limited setting mercer runs and jumps in the ocean

I mean, no, they can't do anything about that but for example, Enel can remain intangible while asleep so he won't catch them off guard.

I forgot that Alex's regen depends on the biomass. Kizaru could vaporiza large chunks of IT and eventually incap him? Enel could do the same because lightning, I dunno.

His regen is no longer tied to his biomass. Is enel always intangible? does he never leave his form? Alex can remain in hiding as somone else for however long it takes to get his chance.

I thought their was no clear point where you could atomize due to sheer ap diff, youd need examples of it happening in the text atleast thats what I was told.

Yes, he even sleeps while intangible.

We have a specific number for the energy needed to atomize IIRC.

Another interesting plot point with Alex being in OP world is Vegapunk. He'd try to investigate Alex. We know nothing about Vegapunk, but with both being brilliant scientist there's a connection.

Alex would probably yeet Caesar for being a mad scientist in the sense that he has more interest in having a good life rather than research, would he?

Dark Souls: Player Characters can't die but can kill him via tier 6/4 and fire magic stuff

Magic: The Gathering: Liliana Vess can stop him. Unsure about others in gatewatch. Definitely sure about Nicol Bolas and up

Bloodborne: Again the player character can't die and is tier 4 later

Berserk (Verse): Skull Knight is capable of sending him to the abyss to be erased, and given his foreknowledge of causality, probably will.

Cthulhu Mythos

Darkest Dungeo: He already inconned with The Ancestor, if he tries to go to The Sleeper he gets lost forever across time and space. Eventually the heart planet busts

Destiny: Dies to some 5-C strike boss or he tries to absorb a Taken and gets absolutely ******

Warhammer 40,000: Psykers are capable of dealing with him, and there was an arguably worse version of him already in existence called Legienstrasse. Tbf Legienstrasse killed a lot of people and caused a lot of problems but still lost in the end. Nurgle might take interest though

Salt and Sanctuary: Can he absorb a bunch of salt? I don't think anyone can kill him but the PC can't be killed

Hotline Miami: He should win until the world descends into nuclear war. Given that he barely survived 1, I don't think all of them is going to bode well for him.

Hollow Knight: Should clear

Super Smash Bros.: Tier 2

The Legend of Zelda: People are capable of just wishing him out of existence and he can't kill Ganondorf

DOOM: As of now with no eternal stuff, ironically his biggest threats aren't doomguy but Summoners via deathhax and, of all things, Lost Soul.

Mistbor: The Lord Ruler should be able to throw him into space with enough compounding, though he might also just be all arrogant and let alex hit him and get absorbed. Gods be like "no"

Xionic Madness: Should probably clear, given that Kary-08 forgot about her transmutation I guess.

Devil Daggers: Well the skulls don't ever stop coming so idk if he "clears" but he certainly doesn't lose.

Titanfall (Verse): Probably hits a roadblock in spreading to other worlds, but I can't think of anything that would kill him

Katana ZERO: He can't touch Chronos users but they also can't damage him. It's not really known how strong stuff is beyond 9-B stuff, but it is known that there's some pretty out there stuff.

any thoughts on others (Besides LoZ, not that knowledgable on it)

I wasn't sure. Anyways time for me to do my verses.

Fairy Tail:

Round 1: He clears most of the verse due to regen and absorption but might get put down early by the slightly haxxed people like Mystogan's sleep hax or Macbeth's passive spatial manip. The fact that it doesn't work on humans might not apply to Alex since he's a virus so Macbeth could just hold Alex still and Genesis Zero him.

Round 2: Considering that he would be killing a lot of people and strong ones at that, Alex would probably become a terror compared to the likes of Zeref. Since mass murder on this scale doesn't usually happen in this setting, it would cause a lot of changes. Assuming he starts in Fiore, this might cause the Magic Council to put a large bounty on his head or make some sort of deal where they allow Dark Guilds to join in on the attack against him without being prosecuted by the legal Guilds. I could see Alex being taken down in this run by either Zeref taking notice and yeeting on him or after a hard fought battle with a team composed of strong antags and protags ambushing him with prior knowledge.

Digimon:

I don't see him getting that far in either round since most digimon can do similar things to what he can do in terms of absorption and one hit kills but with higher potency.

Fire Force:

Honestly, I think he could solo. I don't think there's anyone that could put him down permanently. Maybe the Preacher, but we don't know enough.

Round 2 Cuthulu alex ends up an elderitch researcher of epic porportions wandering the world looking for more. No idea what the insanity of cuthulu would do to his already bizzare mental state but it can only be fun. May gain a cult by accident beleiving him to be related to Baoht Z'ugga-Mogg

Castlevania

Round 1: Nope, heck some fodder can prolly take him down. Leon just slaps via sheer Ap.

Round 2: Prolly infects some villages around the countryside, likely this intrigues Dracula and he offers Alex an internship.

World of Darkness

Round 1: Caine just stands there, any of the kindred clan heads can yeet effortlessly too I feel.

Round 2: Put him in any city and eventually all the supernatural communities are gonna band together to stop him. Either that or a powerful Tizimice decides to embrace him but that likely won't work.

Double checked with bambu and im correct ap difference does not allow for atmization without explicit showings of doing so. So even if a character is a million times stronger their attacks still won't atomize unless they have been show to do so.

I've just thought of something:

Is it possible for Alex Mercer to learn Haki in the One Piece setting?

If he could learn something like Busoshoku Haki he could get past the logia intangibility of high-tier logia such as Enel and Kizaru, thus making it possible for him to solo the verse in Round 2.

I don't know enough about haki to say,

Star wars:Hard stopped by mind hax in later fights round one.

Round 2...The universe is screwed ignoring some of the more insane extended cannon mercer wanders the galaxy absorbing force resitstant life forms and midoclorians. Assuming he can't gain force powers despite the midoclorians he creates evolved jedi/sith to do it for him. eventually mercer has a massive army spread through out the universe and cleans house..

DragonEmperor23 said:
It depends. I'm not sure if a virus could learn Haki. If it is possible for him to use it, all it would take is eating a Haki user.
It's difficult for me to determine the exact origins of Haki, but it says that it's origin/nature has to do with "willpower", "fighting spirit" (which is basically just willpower anyways), or "life-force".

As long as it's not something metaphysical like souls, he should be able to gain access to them.

The pen or the sword said:
Round 2...The universe is screwed ignoring some of the more insane extended cannon mercer wanders the galaxy absorbing force resitstant life forms and midoclorians. Assuming he can't gain force powers despite the midoclorians he creates evolved jedi/sith to do it for him. eventually mercer has a massive army spread through out the universe and cleans house..
He doesn't.

Well he's not going to kill them but i don't see them interfering with his massive army of evolved either, Seems like they arn't liable to care one way or the other. Also note I said ignoring the more insane stuff from extended canon. Im pretty sure thats explicitly extended canon now...

edit wait didn't disney disown the extended universe or something?

The Calaca said:
Alex would probably yeet Caesar for being a mad scientist in the sense that he has more interest in having a good life rather than research, would he?
Ah maybe? Theres also the non zero possiblity of alex evolving him in order to "fix" him.

@husito88 Hey to be fair round two he can probably power crawl past most street levels :p

Alex learning how to use Haki is a bit hard to tell. Apparently, regular animals don't use it, even in the New World where there are 7-A beasts, so it could be a more strict thing.

But the details are still unknown. There's people who think it's soul based and they are just weaponizing their souls instead of the willpower thanks to some scans with Usopp awakening Observation Haki.

I know this is a bit random but mercer basically stealth gropes people to death :p

Yeah haki seems a bit to grey to say one way or the other if mercer can learn it...

Guess Haki remains as one of those powers with vague origins for a while then...

Anyways, how much do you guys know about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

I'm thinking about what type of Stand Mercer would get right now, and I would like to know what you guys would think that type of stand would be.

The Calaca said:
Alex learning how to use Haki is a bit hard to tell. Apparently, regular animals don't use it, even in the New World where there are 7-A beasts, so it could be a more strict thing.
Alex: "Woah, that's a big gorilla-OHSHIT!"

DeathNoodles said:
Anyways, how much do you guys know about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

I'm thinking about what type of Stand Mercer would get right now, and I would like to know what you guys would think that type of stand would be.
Maybe a remote controlled one with multiple bodies to go along with his virus theme.

Something similar to Bug-Eaten's Ratt, maybe? You know, turning people into flesh to absorb them if he pleases.

Sorry got nothing all my knowledge of jojo comes from the profiles, what are the limits on stands? I get they basically represent a persons fighting spirit but what can't they do?

Honestly I could see alex with a black mass of screaming faces as his stand, constatantly shifiting with the visages fighting spirit of all those he has consumed. What it would actually do? No idea

Back