• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

I don't want to get into which characters can lolnope Alex yet. I'll finish my meal and'll do so but I'll say that he might not be able to even touch a Logia.

The Calaca said:
I don't want to get into which characters can lolnope Alex yet. I'll finish my meal and'll do so but I'll say that he might not be able to even touch a Logia.
Depends on the elements a logia is made up of. If it's something like water or ice, he can absorb them (or infect their molecules). If it's something like Light, he can't affect them as such elements don't have molecules.

The pen or the sword said:
I think he's talking about Devil Fruit users in One Piece, with one of the Devil Fruit types being Logias. A Logia DF user can turn their entire bodies into a specific type of elements, basically making them elementally intangible to physical attacks (e.g. Being made up of water would have physical attacks pass through you).

Then he wouldn't be able to affect Borsalino, Enel, possibly Caesar, Sabo and Ace. Characters who are all far higher in the food chain.

In fact, infecting Kuzan's ice wouldn't affect Kuzan himself. His body is still behind the ice form and Alex needs a way to bypass that intangibility and touch the user directly.

I'll get deeper on this in a moment.

Ohh well if they are turning into water probably not the best idea as redlight hunters have been known to gestate in liquids...Wait do they turn back into human form? If they do I really don't want to imagine what would happen to a person when they convert themselves back into a human while a hunter is gestating inside them....

That disturbing thought aside agreed anything that turns into light/energy is beyond him. From what little I know of bleach the top/mid teirs are out of his leuge.

The Calaca said:
In fact, infecting Kuzan's ice wouldn't affect Kuzan himself. His body is still behind the ice form and Alex needs a way to bypass that intangibility and touch the user directly.
I mean, Kuzan's Regenerationn is only High-Mid in his logia form. Mercer could absorb beings who has Mid-High Regenerationn (scaling to Mercer's own Regenerationn of reforming from vaporisation), so he can still absorb Kuzan entirely. Plus, molecular-level hax requires High rating Regenerationn to recover from through regenerative ability alone. Kuzan would need to display a Regenerationn far higher than High-Mid rating, as well as specific types of Immortality (such as Type 6, 8, 9, 10, etc.) to be able to recover from those types of hax.

I can agree that Mercer can't affect characters like Enel and Kizaru though.

There's no water logia (and likely won't ever be) so that part is safe.

As for they being humans, yes, they can control when they are intangible and when they're not. Most Logia kinda spam the intangibility to avoid everything and don't go human by their own choices.

Well, he can absorb them, but does fire have mollecules? Caesar is also gas, which one isn't specified but it's likely he's any type of gas (but I think he has no feats of using some gas made of a single type of atom).

Indeed, Enel and Kizaru are too much for him.

Now Im just imagining a massive chest burster, except the head that rips out is a hunters...

Not fire, gas more likly as mercer himself can creat an incredibly infectious gas. And at that point even if the gas can't become infected Im not sure how he pulls out a win when surounded by viral gasses, unless I missed something. Saying all that looking at his profile Im not sure ceasar could win. Assuming mercer cant affect his gasous form he has nothing to bypass mercers regen...

The Calaca said:
Well, he can absorb them, but does fire have mollecules? Caesar is also gas, which one isn't specified but it's likely he's any type of gas (but I think he has no feats of using some gas made of a single type of atom).

Indeed, Enel and Kizaru are too much for him.
From what I can tell, Fire is just combusted air. And since those with Fire logia devil fruits like Ace only has Mid-High Regenerationn, I don't see why he can't get absorbed. Since Caesar has Mid-High Regenerationn, he would probably get affected as well (especially since we don't have any feats of Caesar turning into gasses made up of individual atoms). Plus, Mercer could evidently create viral gasses, and he can definitely spread the infection of the Blacklight Virus through air transmissions because of that.

Yeah, the likes of Enel and Kizaru are beyond his paygrade.

Alex in the One Piece World is actually an interesting premise I could see the World Government seeing him as a threat with his contagious virus (kinda like the Amber Lead incident.)

I wasn't saying that he can't absorb Caesar and the Mera Mera user but asking if he could infect them.

He also gets instantly blitzed by people who has stat amps, but nobody would be able to reduce him to atoms to put him down, so I think some of the haxxes might come handy.

Oh definitly but him just being dropped into the world has a lot of potential for growth, him creating evolved/infected nest. Having infected and the evolved hunting down devil fruits/other valuable items.

Yeah, they'd send Kizaru if he crosses a World Noble or if he becomes enough of a threat for the World Government.

Of course but what he do before then? what would he create? What would tip them off to his existence? He's rather good at going incognito, what sights would he see? What kind of devil fruit would he devour? What sort of effect would it have on mercers bizzare physiology? What about characters he's liable to turn into evolved? Who would he see as worth evolving? When would he start laying down roots? So many possiblities...

The Calaca said:
I wasn't saying that he can't absorb Caesar and the Mera Mera user but asking if he could infect them.
He should be able to.

Mercer has infected Whitelight, which is a liquid chemical (and likely filled with anti-viruses), and was able to control all traces of it in existence down to the molecular level when he has infected it. Since Molecular-hax is listed as something only a High or over regen user can recover from, Mercer should be able to deal with any Mid-High or below regenerators with molecular-level infection.

Anyways, Mercer in One Piece is an interesting premise.

The pen or the sword said:
Of course but what he do before then? what would he create? What would tip them off to his existence? He's rather good at going incognito, what sights would he see? What kind of devil fruit would he devour? What sort of effect would it have on mercers bizzare physiology? What about characters he's liable to turn into evolved? Who would he see as worth evolving? When would he start laying down roots? So many possiblities...
Ironically, since Mercer doesn't have any actual weakness to water (the reason why Mercer jumps out of the water in the game was confirmed by one of the developers as them not being able to add swimming animation, which implies he ca swim otherwise), he can just chill in the ocean to hide away from the Devil Fruit users hunting him down.

That is hilarous, mercer decides to make a city of hyper evolved supersoldiers on the ocean floor just to screw over the devil fruit users trying to get him...

EmperorDoom25 said:
From what I can tell, none of the Tokyo Ghoul characters has resisted Molecular-level hax (nor do they have resisted diseases on the scale of the Blacklight Virus), so their resistances would just be overwhelmed by Blacklight pretty easily. That and Absorption on Mercer's level screws them over.

There are ways for a DF user to get into the sea. Sabaody Archipelago introduces some bubbles that works as coating that can remain intact even at 10,000 meters down the surface, and let Luffy fought Hody Jones, a Fishman, while he's a hammer in the water.

But yeah, most of them wouldn't be able to fight back.

I just find the idea hilarous of a devil fruit user looking down, a large middle finger comprised of biomass rising to the surface while mercer sits calmly at the ocean floor, giant grin plastered there.....Ill be back soon....

The Calaca said:
There are ways for a DF user to get into the sea. Sabaody Archipelago introduces some bubbles that works as coating that can remain intact even at 10,000 meters down the surface, and let Luffy fought Hody Jones, a Fishman, while he's a hammer in the water.

But yeah, most of them wouldn't be able to fight back.
True, but it doesn't change the fact that bodies of water could weaken DF users. It was even confirmed by the One Piece author that knee-deep water or greater would start to weaken them.

But yeah, most DF users can't deal with that type of environment.

Light beams miss as mercer sits at the bottom of the ocean and the large middle finger is just a construction of biomass mercer left behind to screw with him :p

I'm also honestly kinda interested in what certain verses would make if Mercer, particularly fantasy settings like One Piece and Fairy Tail. What would Luffy and crew assume Mercer to be anyways?

Probably a DF user. That's like the only thing he'd be outside of the existent races they know about, since a virus is nothing like a Fishman, Mink or Longleg.

The Wright Way said:
I'm also honestly kinda interested in what certain verses would make if Mercer, particularly fantasy settings like One Piece and Fairy Tail. What would Luffy and crew assume Mercer to be anyways?
That he ate a body-body, virus-virus fruit (or whatever disease-related DF name)?

And then that gets thrown out the window when they see him swim.

What if Mercer, after learning more about the Devil Fruits via absorption, plays up the Devil Fruit user angle in order to keep them from suspecting that he has an underwater army growing?

Reading it over I kinda doubt it, Laws regen negation will help much. Mercer can just regrow new limbs regardless if the old ones are damaged, and touching those limbs in any capacity is a bad idea. Turning them against mercer....Might work?

Im a little confused as to how law will get past his regen though as from what I can tell the way he negates the regen is by not damaging the body...Seperating peices of mercer out may be enough to eventually incap him though. Still any touch from mercer ends law and Im not sure how likly law is to avoid touching any of the severed peices of mercer. especially as we've seen with the crow even when not in control mercers body is liable to absorb anything that touches it...

The World Government will likely not believe his word, saying that he can't swim whether because they think he's a DF user, or if he absorbs a DF he'll absorb the weakness that comes with it so... they wouldn't eat the bait?

Edit: Law plays the dodge game a lot, and has methods to help with that via Shambles.

Back