• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

The Wright Way said:
What if Mercer, after learning more about the Devil Fruits via absorption, plays up the Devil Fruit user angle in order to keep them from suspecting that he has an underwater army growing?
He would be on his way to achieving the end goal he desired in Prototype 2 as long as he avoids creating an another James Heller (James Heller has plot armour anyways), and avoids the top tiers until he gets strong enough.

Would Mercer eat a Devil Fruit for himself. He'd also have to learn he can't absorb more then 1 or he'll die.

@Js that's probably a lie. We don't know if it's actually impossible.

On top of that, he might be able to just regenerate from getting his body blown to pieces after eating a second one.

Js250476 said:
Would Mercer eat a Devil Fruit for himself. He'd also have to learn he can't absorb more then 1 or he'll die.
Mercer has control over his entire body at the genetic level. As well as having control over Blacklight at the molecular level.

Whatever properties that Devil Fruits grants to his body, he can just alter them to filter out the flaws but keep the capabilities, so he can just adapt his body to be able to absorb more Devil Fruits. If Blackbeard can eat more than 1 DFs (he has 2 DFs from what I can recall), why can't Mercer?

Or create a secondary instance of himself without the devil fruit capabilites, atleast if we go by the devs explanation on multiple mercers being possible...

Edit he's also likly to learn all the information he needs on devil fruit before eating one himself, seeing as he's far more likly to consume a person before he does the same to a fruit...

Well considering Teach having 2 devil fruits was such a big deal (even the Gorosei say no one on record was successful before him.) it leads me to believe it but that's a fair point.

@Deathnoodles well we don't know how exactly Teach could do that yet. Could be his body structure his yami yami fruit or any other possibilitie.

Does Alex resists Empathic Manipulation? I just thought the idea of Moriah wanting his shadow, sending Perona to just depress him and he steals the shadow from him.

If he gets caught by sunlight, bam, erased from existence. Which is likely considering Moriah doesn't tell that to his victims.

The fact a human got two is proof that it can be done...Mercer is a mass of viral tissue, I find it far more likly he could eat multiple then anyone else can...

That reminds me Big Mom got her DF by eating mother Carmel iirc.

I guess Mercer could do something like that?

That or just manipulate his body/genetics to a point he can eat as many as he wants. He's got a massive advantage over other devil fruit users in that he knows exactly what happened to his body after eating one and can change it accordingly...

The pen or the sword said:
That or just manipulate his body/genetics to a point he can eat as many as he wants. He's got a massive advantage over other devil fruit users in that he knows exactly what happened to his body after eating one and can change it accordingly...
That moment when a shapeshifter of Mercer's caliber is absurdly Overpowered in the One Piece setting when given time...

Mercer can be overpowered in a lot of settings when given time. Take MHA, and to a lesser extent, Marvel. Quirks/Mutant genetics would give him a lot to play with I imagine. He's still not soloing Marvrl by any means, but he can definitely establish himself as a pretty big threat on the radar of quite a few heroes.

I'd like to see him getting introduced into Marvel as a villain. Probably of the Fantastic Four or Spider-Man.

tbh Alex is way more interesting in a vs setting them I ever thought. Probably cause I usually just hear gets wrecked by Cole MacGrath whenever he comes up.

With Peter's luck, he'd probably be the guy who inspired Mercer to make Blacklight in the first place, resulting in him getting fired when word gets out. That kinda stuff tends to happen to him.

Js250476 said:
tbh Alex is way more interesting in a vs setting them I ever thought. Probably cause I usually just hear gets wrecked by Cole MacGrath whenever he comes up.
Cole hard counters every one of Mercer's hax, what did you expect?

Well generally it's his most requested match by far from places I hang out so I don't hear a lot of other stuff. Ofc I know Cole wins.

Is there a name for the inevitable angst that ensues afterwards every time? The "oh god, I've accidentally created a supervillain" angst is practically an old friend to Peter in some versions.

Don't know but Spider-Edge sounds like a cool title.

or Spider-Man Reign which is so edgy it's comically bad

Yeah, the only Spidey villains I can see doing as much damage as Mercer can are the Symbiotes, Norman Osborn, and Kingpin. Alex would definitely be a top tier guy. Can anyone think of any more personal conflicts the two could have?

The Wright Way said:
Yeah, the only Spidey villains I can see doing as much damage as Mercer can are the Symbiotes, Norman Osborn, and Kingpin. Alex would definitely be a top tier guy. Can anyone think of any more personal conflicts the two could have?
Peter would heavily disapprove of the way Mercer deals with his enemies, and that he must take responsibility for someone with such a power (the famous quote of "with great power comes great responsibility" and all that).

Not really, they are on totally different sides of the spectrum when it comes to mind sets and the like. To first game mercer, he'll do whatever it takes to get what he wants.

Saying that mercer is lost and confused about what he is, what he should do after the first game. He's just learned he's not human, never was, despite the myraids of death and destruction he's caused, the memories screaming in his head he is only two weeks old. In those two weeks he has only fought and kill I could see spidey learning of this in someway and trying desperatly to lead mercer down a better path...

Saying that mercer is lost and confused about what he is, what he should do after the first game. He's just learned he's not human, never was, despite the myraids of death and destruction he's caused, the memories screaming in his head he is only two weeks old. In those two weeks he has only fought and kill I could see spidey learning of this in someway and trying desperatly to lead mercer down a better path...
And that's basically their potential protagonist-antagonist dynamic right there.

Lets hope nobody yaoi ships them two...

Not really, they are on totally different sides of the spectrum when it comes to mind sets and the like. To first game mercer, he'll do whatever it takes to get what he wants.

Damn, this would make a really good fan fic. I'll get on it sometime tomorrow.

It's bad that I'm not really into writing fanfic, otherwise I'd write about the Spidery-Mercer dynamic. It's just too much potential.

Js250476 said:
This thread has been quality as hell conversations honestly
Non-versus ("non-versus" as in, threads that doesn't characters having their matches added to their profiles when concluded) Prototype threads tends to be like this. :p

A bit derailed but I concur :)

I have to much to do, I refuse to take on another project! so wright this is on you:p

Edit I figured it out!
Well, it is fun and games, so derailment isn't that big of an issue.

Back