• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse

The pen or the sword said:
Does he do any better in round two? Or do they lack a means for mercer to grow?
More like the god tiers that he does lose against could casually stomp everyone else that he could eat combined.

Ahh I see, though I wonder if in character mercer could avoid those god teirs, he definitly can't win but possibly force an incon by going into hiding/avoiding the god teirs.

I actually prefer verses where gaps of power exist that can't be overcome with sheer training/artifacts/luck/time. I enjoy the crushing realism such verses have, the idea that no amount of training luck or human spirit can overcome a gap in power.

More like the god tiers that he does lose against could casually stomp everyone else that he could eat combined.

Ah, yes, Skulduggery Pleasant. A series where basically every magic user can control non-mages by using their given names (the names they are born with, thus requiring to don taken names to be protected against such), or control others mages by using their true names. You're talking about god-tiers such as Darquesse and Lord Vile, right?

Because I highly doubt Mercer could get past the hax abilities of Matter Manipulation and Existence Erasure that Darquesse possesses.

Yes. And Walden and the Faceless Ones.

Even if he absorbed everyone else in the series, those characters would be able to kill him easily.

Well, except for Lord Vile unless he started with soul rip I guess. He could probably take down lord vile if he became composite everyone else.

The pen or the sword said:
Wait would mercers name be considered blacklight? OR DX-1118 C in that verse?
DX-1118C sounds more specific, so probably that. However, not only is that a mouthful, but Mercer resists Mind Manipulation at a large scale anyways, so that doesn't matter much. Plus, Mercer is not even the original Alex Mercer, so "Alex Mercer" might as well be his taken name.

I was just wondering as he stole alex mercers name (all be it unwitingly), DX-1118C was the name of the blacklight strain that was worked on by the human alex mercer, during his work on it the strain recieved the nickname/codename Blacklight

Monarch Laciel said:
Yes. And Walden and the Faceless Ones.

Even if he absorbed everyone else in the series, those characters would be able to kill him easily.

Well, except for Lord Vile unless he started with soul rip I guess. He could probably take down lord vile if he became composite everyone else.
I mean, if Mercer were to ever discover his true name (which apparently gives a major boost in power for sorcerers) in the Skulduggery Pleasant setting, he could gain immense magical power and be potentially on-par with Darquesse and Arggedion in just raw magical power alone (not even counting the sheer versatility that discovering one's true name would give), and probably gain some magical resistances if possible. Combine that with the fact that he has absorbed enough people, and he could potentially defeat Darquesse and/or Arggedion.

Well he already knows his name from what I can tell, and hes the only one to actually know his own name as he ate all the other scientest who knew. Fun to imagine.

True name, not normal name.

Mercer would not have a True Name, he's a collection of viruses with the memories of a dead person.

Now that I think about it, for the same reason, he wouldn't actually be able to use magic even if he did eat a sorcerer. You need a True Name to use magic (Valkyrie aside due to special circumstance but direct access to the source isn't something he could absorb anyway)

Monarch Laciel said:
True name, not normal name.

Mercer would not have a True Name, he's a collection of viruses with the memories of a dead person.

Now that I think about it, for the same reason, he wouldn't actually be able to use magic even if he did eat a sorcerer. You need a True Name to use magic (Valkyrie aside due to special circumstance but direct access to the source isn't something he could absorb anyway)
But don't other non-human creatures have True Names? I've recalled that creatures such as Trolls have one. He only needs to have a true name for the virus (which he is) anyways, not for the memories of people he has absorbed.

There is nothing in the world that records the true name of a virus.

And he doesn't have a true name to begin with, he's not from SP verse. Therefore, absorbing a sorcerer would not give him the ability to use magic.

Killer Instinct:

Round 1 is pretty interesting. I feel he can actually solo a good chunk of the verse, but he stops at either Hisako or Gargos. Mercer can't interact with Hisako I don't think but it might be an incon if she tries to posses him. Gargos also I'm told opens with mindhax so that probably does Alex in too.

Round 2 I think it's just straight up bad for everyone in the verse. Considering the war that goes on it could even result in Gargos getting taken over in the right circumstances. Ghost girl should be safe though.

Round 1

Resident evil verse: Alex laughs

walking dead: Same

The last of us: same

Round 2

Resident evil verse: pretty much the same though alex could end up saving the world from umbrella corps idiocy and bio weapons. I don't see much that he actually stands to gain from absorbtion though.

walking dead: Alex creates a race of bio supersoldiers and establishes himself as the god savior of mankind

The last of us: See above.

Saint Seiya:

Round 1: Yeah, he isn't going very far in this verse at all. He gets blitzed and atomized by pretty much anyone.

Round 2: Honestly, the only way Alex could get anywhere in this verse was if he learned how to use Cosmo, but considering that he's a soulless virus, it is probably impossible.

If a gauntlet is ran, he either outlasts by stamina or wins by AP at the start. The DC coat of knights means he's not making any physical contact unl as he can break past it, which even trainee Knights and most AG have. Skillwise he's also trounced, so again those two are his best options. The moment he gets to Hyperion with Mystletien he's kinda screwed since atomic decomposition. If we had the profiles of certain characters, I think some others could finish him.

How air tight are the coat of knights, he's always got the gas attack! :p

Yeah at a cursary glance most of them seem to lack the means to bypass his regen but deconstruction is an excellent counter to him. How does he do round 2?

Considering the coat itself causes a forcefield that allows the characters to fight on the coldness of space and provides the circulation of air necessary, I doubt it. They even need swords of a special material to penetrate the similar forcefield made by AGs, that or pure AP and that rarely works. I don't even remember one time it has.

And yeh, is only a few with specific abilities. Sadly not many of the characters have profiles, there's a lot more characters than that.

Well they have an advantage that blackwatch never had...Suits that can keep blacklight out :p So it seems like the lower teir characters end up in a battle of attrition that they don't have the means to win and the higher teir have some hax that can put mercer down. To bad about not having more profiles though sounds like a neat verse.

Don't suppose theirs a character in that verse that could give ainz a decent fight?

as for other verses

Xcom- Round one alex Should solo, may struggle with mind manip but he has resistance and his weird physiology leaves me thinking he simply nopes it. Nothing can really stop him so...Humanity and the aliens lose.

Round two, humanity is taken over by a race of evolved supersoldiers, consume the alien menace and alex sits back as the new emperor. As long as theirs no plot induced stupidity that causes mercer to create another prototype, and allow said prototype to grow stronger rather then killing him early on. (One of my most hated plot devices in fiction, this character a threat to me but rather then kill them when I have the chance Ill sit back and allow them to grow strong enough to kill me....Apologies for the mini rant!)

It's pretty cool yes, you should read it.

Then again, this is humanity pretty far in the future even if they have lost a lot of technology. Is even possible, in the second scenario, that they research Blacklight and find a way to **** Mercer.

Losing a planet is not even anything new, but it still hurts.

They probably could their biggest diffficulty in round two would be getting samples of blacklight to actually work with though. Another problem they are liable to run intor round 2 is mercer stealthing around. I assume they aren't always in their armor correct?

edit I only as because round two allows mercer to play to his strengths does stealth allow him to do better? He doesn't have to face off against these characters in actual combat round 2, abushes/sneak attacks/light touch to the shoulders all are within mercers character. The odds are round two he doesn't face any of the actual theats in the verse in combat unless he has two. Could he steal their coats? Or create one of his own after eating someone knowledgeable?

Perhaps he could, but unlikely unless he could get the facilities and special materials needed to make them. And unless he goes to one of the really peaceful worlds, he's kinda screwed. The alternative is a desolate world with barely much in it or one with an infestation of AGs.

Not entirely sure about him being able to replicate some of the AG stuff.

Hm so assume hes on a world with people who are fighting. What stops him from eating a corpse and showing up wearing that persons face. Replacing/stealth consuming his way up a chain of command seems like the exact thing he would do. So what stops him from stealth consuming his way to one of those facilities? I feel like depending on where mercer is getting access to those materials/infastructure is just a matter of finding the right people....He may act like a beserker at times but his stealth/consumption abilities does allow him to play the long con...

edit Im not saying it would let him win/solo but how does he do when he starts evolving others/building his own faction? Can he pull it off?

Azure Striker Gunvolt: I don't know. The ones that have a chance of winning are probably these. Zonda and Copen can hax him with AZ and (In Zonda's case) Mindhax. Merak can BFR him and will do so in character. He incons with Gunvolt since neither can get past the other's immortality and his Virus can't touch Joule.

Mega Man (Franchise): HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: GERdabs.jpg.exe. That's not even getting into non-canon.

The Real World: Composite Human could easily get the resources to put down Alex. If CH isn't used then Alex probably can solo. And, to be fair, Composite Human is The Real World's equivalent of Novel Kars.

Back