• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reinhard has prior knowledge and starts off in the distance, Ainz doesnt know his weakness this time so wnat will he do here.
Reinhard could very well slash him up instantly to prevent such a scenario

Whats the range of his death haxes, would he teleport closer in character or try to use long ranged magic instead

Reinhard has prior knowledge and starts off in the distance, Ainz doesnt know his weakness this time so wnat will he do here.
Ainz first move in his profil is Time Stop & Death manipulation which is thought base.

There should be a range for both while Reinhard has the range advantage here
i think ainz could use perfect unknowable & teleport for make distance at least a km, compared to 9 tier spell nuclear blast have 1km range. and instanly use time stop or his death hax.
or maybe ainz can use his death manip in 2km+, maybe ill wait for people who have more knowlage about it

They both have the same range, and even if you give Rein a range advantage it does nothing for him as Ainz can teleport.

He can’t even “slash him up” as Ainz avoids all that shit.

i think ainz could use perfect unknowable & teleport for make distance at least a km, compared to 9 tier spell nuclear blast have 1km range. and instanly use time stop or his death hax.
or maybe ainz can use his death manip in 2km+, maybe ill wait for people who have more knowlage about it
Ainz has so many approaches he can take to experimentally destroy Rein.

While he also completely avoids Rein’s only offensive move.

It’s in-character too as he acts ultra-defensively against anyone who doesn’t operate under YGG logic.

His teleportation range is also planetary.

Rein has no answer to that other than to let Ainz experiment on him until he dies.

There’s really not much more to be said, the conclusion is obvious.

Ainz has so many approaches he can take to experimentally destroy Rein.

While he also completely avoids Rein’s only offensive move.

It’s in-character too as he acts ultra-defensively against anyone who doesn’t operate under YGG logic.

Rein has no answer to that other than to let Ainz experiment on him until he dies.

There’s really not much more to be said, the conclusion is obvious.
Thats true but how does his teleportation work, does he have to know the place to teleport or can he just simply hit teleport random. You also havent dealt with the fact that reins nuke is homing and is gonna follow Ainz around

Thats true but how does his teleportation work, does he have to know the place to teleport or can he just simply hit teleport random. You also havent dealt with the fact that reins nuke is homing and is gonna follow Ainz around
He needs to know the place, but seeing it is enough, so, for instance, he could teleport to orbit if he wanted to

He could actively keep avoiding it, absorb it with black hole, paralyze it with temporal stasis, or screw with it’s effectiveness with wall of protection from arrows.

Doesn’t help much. He could teleport to Rein with his despair aura activated and kidnap him and his sword by just moving outside of its range anyway.
^ Right here.

so Greater Teleportation and Gate can be up to Planetary, since Ainz says at the very least Gate doesn't have a range limit, it's just based on whether he can see it/has been to it before, and Greater Teleportation seems to be same. However, when just going by pure regular sight (aka no divination), the max Ainz has been shown to teleport with Greater Teleportation is 1 km
“[Greater Teleportation].”
His field of vision immediately opened up, and the city spread below him.
Under normal circumstances, he would not have been able to teleport to an unknown destination, but it would be alright as long as it was within line of sight.
Having teleported one kilometer above the ground without any hesitation whatsoever, Ainz cast another spell.
So either GT has a limit of 1km at a time when working off of pure sight, or 1 kilometer is just a comfortable distance to Ainz to teleport away to while still trying to be in combat. It's probably the latter considering the human eye can see for notably more than 1 km before curvature says no. Even if we wanted to just limit it to 1 km though, Ainz would still likely start with Time Stop, so he could teleport to Reinhard and then teleport away before it ends (or using another Time Stop, since he can just do that)

I also said later that he could continue to use teleportation to just completely ignore it and draw it past its range.
thats great and all but apparently he can only teleport upto 1km according to the guy above and Reins nuke has a range of multiple kilometers meaning he wouldnt be able to teleport out of its range fast enough.

thats great and all but apparently he can only teleport upto 1km according to the guy above and Reins nuke has a range of multiple kilometers meaning he wouldnt be able to teleport out of its range fast enough.
It does't matter, Ainz can stopping rein attack with Time stop & Ainz can use teleport couple Time.

It does't matter, Ainz can stopping rein attack with Time stop & Ainz can use teleport couple Time.
Ainz wouldnt know to stop time, also since Reins sword technically gives him a boost in his AP, dont they act as amplifiers? Also would the nuke still be FTL since its the swords speed amp

Ainz wouldnt know to stop time, also since Reins sword technically gives him a boost in his AP, dont they act as amplifiers? Also would the nuke still be FTL since its the swords speed amp
Ainz spams the living C U M out of time stop anyway so...

And no, the nuke WOULDN'T be FTL, it'd only be Reinhard's speed because 1: his profile doesn't say it's faster then his actual speed, and 2: it'd still be equalized, it'd just be the same multiplier it is normally, just scaled down to be multiplying from Ainz's Supersonic+. Do try to read up on speed equal rules again next time, yes?

He can’t “only teleport 1km” it’s just what he decided to do.

But even if you wanna cap Ainz to just that it still doesn’t help Rein FRA.

Ainz spams the living C U M out of time stop anyway so...

And no, the nuke WOULDN'T be FTL, it'd only be Reinhard's speed because 1: his profile doesn't say it's faster then his actual speed, and 2: it'd still be equalized, it'd just be the same multiplier it is normally, just scaled down to be multiplying from Ainz's Supersonic+. Do try to read up on speed equal rules again next time, yes?
I have read them but the multipliers thing just confused me, anyways this means its basically the old situation all over again

I have read them but the multipliers thing just confused me, anyways this means its basically the old situation all over again
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." ~ Versus Thread Rules

I think if we get off the day of prep time from Ainz he still wins on the thread on his profile (I remember even saying it when i participated there)
Should I make it a thread, the exact same conditions except for the day of prep time?

Yup
I want a = speed, Ainz have prior knowledge but no prep time except for a huge distance match
Ainz can stop time, teleport out and then play the long game or simply kill him via despair aura V at close range which is why that matchup is a stomp

Ainz can stop time, teleport out and then play the long game or simply kill him via despair aura V at close range which is why that matchup is a stomp
You say that like Reinhardt can't do shit
Imma try arguing for both sides. If I can, I'll make this thread

You say that like Reinhardt can't do shit
Imma try arguing for both sides. If I can, I'll make this thread
i am literally the guy who tried making this matchup work for over 6 months. you can always try and dig up new information though
do tell me how Rein can counter any of that btw

i am literally the guy who tried making this matchup work for over 6 months. you can always try and dig up new information though
do tell me how Rein can counter any of that btw
Made a new thread and a document which got me dedicating a few days of almost no time
Let's argue those conditions

Made a new thread and a document which got me dedicating a few days of almost no time
Let's argue those conditions
bet, also good news Reinhard now has a good chance of getting death manip resistance meaning this matchup will FINALLY work

Question why is Reinhard vs ainz so popular? I see this matchup multiple times?

what do they both share in common?
Strongest Overlord character vs strongest Re: Zero character. Also, they have met in Isekai Quartet before and since then people always wondered who the strongest in Isekai Quartet was.

Though, tbh, Reinhard isn't even the toughest fight in Re: Zero for Ainz.

Pandora, Satella, and possibly Regulus would absolutely bully Ainz.

Also, if you just unequalized speed, most god-tier Re: Zero people stomp. Idk why it's even debated outside of VSBW.

Strongest Overlord character vs strongest Re: Zero character. Also, they have met in Isekai Quartet before and since then people always wondered who the strongest in Isekai Quartet was.

Though, tbh, Reinhard isn't even the toughest fight in Re: Zero for Ainz.

Pandora, Satella, and possibly Regulus would absolutely bully Ainz.

Also, if you just unequalized speed, most god-tier Re: Zero people stomp. Idk why it's even debated outside of VSBW.
Regulus got his ass rekt'd in an earlier match between the two lol

Back