• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Reinhard Van Astrea 7-0 (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is arguing Reinhard would get high godly though. Anybody who would be arguing that is wanking.

We have a statement which tells us that he could deal with his soul destroyed, taking that any further is just a NLF, either he gains an additionally layer to his already existent soul resistance (this is reasonable), or his resurrection gets even stronger by an additional degree (this is more of a stretch).

That said if Ainz just passively kills him by standing there, there is nothing Reinhard can do unless you wanna wank him to gaining a resistance to Ainz death hax, which is wank. At this moment death manipulation isn't really an ability within the verse to even support that kind of conclusion (though i could always be forgetting something).

Ever since Reinhard's profile was created, it was easy to wank, and throughout the years, his abilities have become more grounded, but we still don't know what he or any of the God tiers are truly capable of, they have just become less vague.

Guess we have to wait till 2032 when Re Zero finally enters its final arc lol. Probably gonna be the one isekai quartet series that's still gonna be running when the others are done.

unrelated to the vsthread, someone please make it so Reinhard's scans don't take up literally the entire justification

Seriously though, it just makes his profile look ugly af

unrelated to the vsthread, someone please make it so Reinhard's scans don't take up literally the entire justification

Seriously though, it just makes his profile look ugly af
It would look worse with only part of it linked.

Nobody is arguing Reinhard would get high godly though. Anybody who would be arguing that is wanking.

We have a statement which tells us that he could deal with his soul destroyed, taking that any further is just a NLF, either he gains an additionally layer to his already existent soul resistance (this is reasonable), or his resurrection gets even stronger by an additional degree (this is more of a stretch).

That said if Ainz just passively kills him by standing there, there is nothing Reinhard can do unless you wanna wank him to gaining a resistance to Ainz death hax, which is wank. At this moment death manipulation isn't really an ability within the verse to even support that kind of conclusion (though i could always be forgetting something).

Ever since Reinhard's profile was created, it was easy to wank, and throughout the years, his abilities have become more grounded, but we still don't know what he or any of the God tiers are truly capable of, they have just become less vague.

Guess we have to wait till 2032 when Re Zero finally enters its final arc lol. Probably gonna be the one isekai quartet series that's still gonna be running when the others are done.
Well, Ainz needs to get within several meters' range to do so but he has time stop that is a layer above Reinhard's resistance so it's stupid easy for him to so

I find it really funny my very first argument is also the match-ender

Ainz death hax wont work on Reinhard becuz that aura of despair works by inducing fear and we can actually see why this isnt possible
Being in Echidna aura causes madness and even death, we saw this at the end of arc 4
Subaru stands in front of ALL the witches meaning he has resistance to that sort of ability
Reinhard is equal to Subaru in terms of mind manipulation resistance

How's Reinhard's time stop resistance? Ainz's Time Stop worked on a monster that broke out of another time stop, so if that isn't layered then Ainz prob has some wiggle room, like spamming Time Stop and teleporting away and such
Btw i just finished the LNs for overlord and i dont ever remember seeing a monster that can break through his time stop get time stopped due to a different layer of time stop. Do you mean the Platinum dragonlord? If so, just to remind you that he wasnt trapped in time stop at all

Btw i just finished the LNs for overlord and i dont ever remember seeing a monster that can break through his time stop get time stopped due to a different layer of time stop. Do you mean the Platinum dragonlord? If so, just to remind you that he wasnt trapped in time stop at all
This guy

Ainz death hax works in Reinhard
  • Despair Aura V: Has a chance of causing Instant Death.
Thats similar to Echidna and the other witches passive aura that causes people to go mad or die when unleashed. And Subaru was unaffected by that
The other thing was that Reinhard also has the phoenix blessing so he can just revive himself. Its a passive ability that kills, how does it perma incap him

And Reinhard will just stay dying forever because death manipulation is above baseline
also the fact that no one brought any evidence of Reinhard's soul manip resistance being soul absorption, which Soul Eaters can do, and Ainz can summon them.

Its written that Ainz freezes him in time, its not mentioned if it breaks through the first time freeze or not. Also are we considering the WN or the LN version of Ainz here?
Demiurge uses Frost of Judecca to freeze the tree in ice and time, and then it breaks free, and then Ainz uses Time Stop and it does not break free

And Reinhard will just stay dying forever because death manipulation is above baseline
So basically its spawnkilling-
So this might be a NLF but wont Od Laguna just give him a blessing to counter that? I mean it has happened before in the novels but i see your point
Any chance that Reinhard spawns away from the range of aura of despair V though?
If not then its a done deal

So basically its spawnkilling-
So this might be a NLF but wont Od Laguna just give him a blessing to counter that? I mean it has happened before in the novels but i see your point
Any chance that Reinhard spawns away from the range of aura of despair V though?
If not then its a done deal
No

Ainz death hax works in Reinhard
  • Despair Aura V: Has a chance of causing Instant Death.
Also this obviously doesnt work on the other guardians, and there it does say a chance to cause insta death.
So what are the restrictions on this ability

Also this obviously doesnt work on the other guardians, and there it does say a chance to cause insta death.
So what are the restrictions on this ability
every character worth their salt from the old world has defenses against Instant death. there are no restrictions because Ainz's death hax, has, thus far, never failed to kill something that doesn't explicitly resist it.

Despair Aura V also ******* murked a bunch of trolls.

also the fact that no one brought any evidence of Reinhard's soul manip resistance being soul absorption, which Soul Eaters can do, and Ainz can summon them.
Its mainly the authors word that he would get soul resistance according to the situation IF he ever got in a fight where his soul is threatened. Which is where this all sources itself from. There are soul attacks in rz and apparently Reinhard is immune to them. I think Ainz gets this one. Though honestly i never imagined that passive ability would work here

And to hammer the nail into Reinhard's coffin, Despair aura, all of the tiers, aren't magic. they're racial skills.

And to hammer the nail into Reinhard's coffin, Despair aura, all of the tiers, aren't magic. they're racial skills.
it's really goddamn weird because Skills and Magic are like, always mentioned separately from each other, but both are clearly still supernatural. There's no explanation, it just is. But even then, you can ignore that super vague bit, since Reinhard doesn't resist death manip and soul absorb anyway.

it's really goddamn weird because Skills and Magic are like, always mentioned separately from each other, but both are clearly still supernatural. There's no explanation, it just is. But even then, you can ignore that super vague bit, since Reinhard doesn't resist death manip and soul absorb anyway.
That is true, but it's good to make the distinction because, unless it's some shit like Warhammer, Supernatural and Magic are two different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back