• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Konosuba 6-B update

In previous threads I have argued Konosuba's scaling to Combatants who has country busting technology, showing how the author portrayed the high tiers (Gods, Devils and Angels) as stronger than Kisaragi and their technology.

Now, in a recent short-story, country busting magic was confirmed to exist:

9XwPLAA.png

Source: https://hberrytranslations.blogspot.com/2023/12/wish-upon-star-konosuba-explosion-o.html?m=1

We also know that Belzerg is a big, it has multiple big cities like Axel, the Capital, Alcarentia, as well places like the Crimson Demon village which all take days to travel to. And that with a carriage pulled by horse, it takes 10 days from the Belzerg capital to the Elroad capital, one of the neighboring nations:

NKff6SB.png

And while it the size of the meteor will be random, we know other magic with random effects, like Steal which steals a random item, or the status effect from Liches, which cause a random status effect on the target. However, characters with high luck can bypass this limitation, Kazuma and Chris/Eris are shown to be able to always get the item they want from Steal, and Kazuma was able to always get the status effect he wanted, when, on Vol.16, he got his levels reseted by Wiz multiple times, always avoiding any other effect like death, paralyses, curse, petrification, etc. Vanir even looked at his future and saw that no matter what he would always get the effect he wanted due to his luck, so there was no danger on him resetting his levels that way.

So Eris can easily get the meteorite she wants if she were to cast this spell, and regardless, it does shows, in general, that country busting magic exists. We also know that gods like Aqua have infinite mana and characters can pour as much mana as they want in a single spell, the possibilities are endless.

I propose, therefore, that with this knowledge and scaling from Combatants, that the god-tiers, the gods like Aqua and Eris, or archdevils/Dukes of Hell like Vanir, get updated to 6-B (Country-Level) while using their true forms/real bodies.

The truth is that most people are not going to do calculations for a verse unless they personally care about it or as a favour to someone they care about on the Wiki, and then you have the added factor of the Wiki being very reliant on calculations. It does make it hard to get feats measured.

Still, regarding Aqua, is it really reasonable that she's tiered where she is despite her inability to damage the giant frogs while Kazuma can? Her feats of beating demonic beings seems to be an ability that only works on impure beings.

The statements seem too self-evident for this
Even so country size varies with eachother, being from smaller to larger. So, I think instead of directly giving country level tier, I would advise as 'possibly Country level'

Last edited:
The truth is that most people are not going to do calculations for a verse unless they personally care about it or as a favour to someone they care about on the Wiki, and then you have the added factor of the Wiki being very reliant on calculations. It does make it hard to get feats measured.

Still, regarding Aqua, is it really reasonable that she's tiered where she is despite her inability to damage the giant frogs while Kazuma can? Her feats of beating demonic beings seems to be an ability that only works on impure beings.
It's explained in the LN that she can't damage the frogs because of their immunity to bludgeoning damage and because they are water type monsters.

Dcl6D3c.png

V1 Chapter 01.

Reason Kazuma can kill them, is because they are weak to piercing damage, and allergic to metal, Aqua can just pick a sword and do the job, but she says she'd lose her glamour if she were to wield a sword. But she has defeated and damaged normal opponents before, including Kazuma.

WLOdWG7.png

V11 Chapter 02.

In fact she could take Kazuma, Megumin and Darkness at the same time without using her hands as she had Wolfgang and Wiz on a deadly grip in each hand.

C2HmsHo.png

Yorimichi 1, Chapter 5.

Even so country size varies with eachother, being from smaller to larger. So, I think directly giving country level tier, I would advise as 'possibly Country level'
Calcs can be done to find out the size of the country of Belzerg which was the one being reffered, it's not a small one, as I said, it takes many days to travel from a city to another, and 10 days of horse ride to go to the one of the neighboring countries, leaving from the Capital and the the city of Axel where the MCs live is the furthest place of the capital where the frontlines are.

And this is just for the magic, but the verse has already Germany/France level country busting bombs that I showed in the previous threads, but it was never updated: https://vsbattles.com/threads/akatsukiverse-update-and-edits-combatants-v7-and-overall.160161/

Another thing I want to point out is that Explosion is stated to be the strongest spell, the most powerful spell known to mankind, meaning that at full power, casted by a godtier, Explosion should be above Meteor Drop that can country bust:

19XSzq2.png

Source: Taking my first step on the path to explosions - Bakuen short-story

And well this is what Megumin thinks when she feels Aqua's MP for the first time:

Rke56l8.png

Source: Bakuen Spinoff V2 Chapter 5.

And that was Aqua with her powers far from her peak:

ay3aTa6.png

Source: Konosuba V1 Chapter 01.

Which is reinforced at the end of the story, when Aqua gets her full powers back:

WXVQDjG.png

Source: Konosuba V17 Chapter 04.

The other god tier, Vanir, is in a similar situation, as he, as most Devils, use fake bodies, hiding their real body in Hell:

u3zxaSw.png

Source: Masked Spinoff Chapter 05.

It's why when they are killed ( like Vanir was by Megumin in the anime ) they return back to hell and they can come back if they have extra lives. However they can still show up in the mortal realm with their real bodies, though they'll have the risk of being killed for good if they lose all their lives, like Zereschrute, Kazuma thought his body would return to hell if they killed him, like what happened with Vanir, but Eris ends up killing him countless times, because it turned out he was using his real body so he was just losing life after life without being sent to the safety of hell:

hq4CxSX.png

8VdGsHM.png

Source: Konosuba V12 Chapter 06.

My point is that it makes sense that throughout the story the only godtiers that we regularly see, Goddess Aqua and Duke of Hell Vanir, are shown to us in a weakened state so we can't expect them to operate at country levels of powers as they may or may not have access to such levels while in their weakened stated/fake bodies.

And of course, Aqua has confirmed country level durability. We know country level magic exists, but the author himself stated no attack will leave a scratch on Aqua as long as she wears her divine relic:

IKmZqLO.png

You’d need a calculation for a precise value
Well, no calc person has shown up to make the calcs yet, but as someone else have pointed out already, the statement is pretty clear for the need of a calculation. Until someone calcs everything exactly, we can use at least country level, since we have enough information on the Belzerg Kingdom to know it is not a small country, with multiple cities and days of horse riding to move from city to city, or leave the country.

Still, if we were to lowball, we can put it at small country level for the time being.

It's better than leave it at town level or whatever it is right now, when we have all the facts showing the verse is vastly above it.

The other stuff regarding the mountains feats are also pretty clear, large mountain level or island level since we know the Midgard Dragon/Mountains stretched through several miles.

Back