• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Schnee One said:
I don't know which one it is, it's just a really silly match
Allow me to continue this, this match really is a stomp either way, so can I close this?

The pen or the sword said:
Yes and there are illusions in overlord that can fool the fabric of reality into changing... Ainz is aware of this he will understand this effect as a world class illusion after he escapes it's aoe.
Don't really see how that in anyway is similar to any of the effects i gave. But if he does act he gets fate haxed into his imagined death.

Ugh, I maintain ainz will know it's an illusion/trick as illusion magic in overlord was capable of crazy stuff such as tricking the world itself.
Still doubt that considering perception trucks aren't new to rakudai yet they can clearly see the difference.

It means once he's out of the aoe he'll be able to recognize it as not real, he knows illusion magic can do insane things and when he realizes its an aoe he simply has to stand outside it and death hax. (La shub, crack in the ground, super tier magic in general ect)

He's not going to resist the effects but outside the aoe he's going to rationalize what happened and he's had exposure to far more strang/varied effects of illusion. (IE literally warping reality via casting an illusion upon the world)

In terms of similar stuff: even mid tier illusions in Overlord can convince the mind that not only is death coming, but it's already dead, so this would just seem like an illusion to him.

Even if he knows it's an illusion, he's still being affected by it, which would make it hard for him to fight in it. Plus, if she's an illusion user that can get past his mental immunity, he'd expect her to be able to use those reality altering illusions and wouldn't want to be in range of that.

So for the moment can escape her range and simply death hax her/reality warp her. While she can copy techniques ainz can delay/block teleportation and she'll only be able to make use of it if she knows where ainz is teleporting to which she won't.

Further ainz has access to scrolls and spells that let him observe others from a great distance, even if she manages to copy this ability it doesn't matter since ainz has wards against observation magic, wards that cause explosions on whoever tries to view him.

Atm voting ainz.

Again, you don't see illusions. You can clearly see reality. Lemme get the exact wording:

And that God of death, in the instant he was still,

― 《Grand Guignol》

*Snap*, He snapped his fingers.

At that moment, Stella certainly felt.

Something so thin it was almost invisible; a cold intuition that tore her whole body off.

Stella, who was also a warrior, noticed it.

This sensation was identical to a slash.

The enemy had released a slash.

It wasn't a sword slash.

But countless slashing attacks. A Vision where these slashing attacks that resembled a mesh of a net would cut her body into tiny pieces spread radially from the boy hanging in midair before her. Not only herself, but also Lunaize and the people of Kledelland who were behind her would be swallowed by them, and their bodies would also turn into――

It's seeing visions, similar to how one would see the future i guess. So it's like saying Yhwach cannot see whats in front of him when using precog.

There is also this effect:

It was natural. The thought of Stella right now was almost like a revolving lantern.

With absolute death appearing right before her very eyes, her ability to concentrate was far beyond her limit and her consciousness was falling behind.

Stella's capabilities weren't enough to be able to keep up with the ability to concentrate on the verge of death.

It was a complete surprise attack. She couldn't react to it. Nobody could prevent the tragedy.

That just sounds like an illusion/trick/vision, ainz would teleport outside the aoe then death hax after he recognizes what happened to him. I know it's not an illusion in the traditional sense but ainz will think it is one when he escapes its aoe. (He may also see it as something similar to his aura of despair 1 though far more potent)

Nothing in the above description makes me think anything different will happen. He gets a vision of death, teleports away then haxes outside her range with, wish, shub, ect

I don't really get what your saying here, he's bombarded by visions, runs away and haxs her after he rationalizes what happened.

Ainz has thought based teleportation and resurrection I don't see her taking him down before he gets out of her range, especially as his strong emotions are automatically suppressed. While I doubt it will be that helpful it should allow him to keep a somewhat level head.

Though that description really makes it sound like ainz aura of despair...

What chapter ya at? I assume you haven't reached volume 12 if you don't know.

I stopped at Volume 10 I think, or whichever place it was when Ikki schooled Stella's father.

The ability to think rationally gets completely shadowed from feeling your death. And again, it is not an illusion. Cus your senses do not see something that isn't there you just strongly feel your death. You don't see things that aren't there. But here is Stella unconsciously realizing she would die without consciously understanding what was happening to her:

Stella said and walked towards the cabin.

Followed by Ikki and the others――

They ended up overtaking Stella in the blink of an eye.

Despite that, the three of them walked slowly to keep themselves behind Stella.

― Stella?

― Hey, are you going to see her or not? Or you're getting the cold feet at this late hour?

― T-that's not it!

Stella denied it and quickened her steps to overtake the three of them.

But――the distance didn't shorten.

Which wasn't surprising.

Because Stella hadn't given a step forward from the place she landed on.

― ――, what is…!?

No matter how much she tried to move forward, she just shoveled the snow under her feet.

She felt as if she tried to move forward while rubbing her forehead against an invisible wall.

― Wh-why!?

As one would expect, and based on Stella's state, Ikki and the others noticed that something strange happened to her body.

― Could it be that you can't move forward?

― Y-yeah. T-there seems to be something like an invisible wall in front of me. Maybe… a barrier or something?

There's something, isn't it?

To the words of Stella, who tried to say so,

― You're wrong.

Ascaride denied it.

― There are no walls here. You just aren't moving voluntarily.

― It's me, you say?

― Your soul understands the meaning of moving even further, and it's being intimidated by it.

― ――! Is there such a thing!?!?

Stella immediately returned an objection to the calm thing that Ascaride pointed out.

So it's not as easy as just pressing the teleport button. Otherwise, in the first example with the thread i linked, Stella would have used her barriers, which are so in character they're practically passively up in battles and they just need a thought to use. But she didn't so ainz thinking rationally in those conditions is pretty stretched to say the least.

She didn't think he could be underestimated.

The man in front of him had certainly enough strength to kill her with just his left hand.

The left fist that increased its coercion way more than before by means of strengthening made Stella believe so.

She ran out of breath just by looking at it.

Sweat spurted out from her whole body.

Despite that, her whole body grew so cold enough to become numb.

It was far from being excited, wishing for a fight.

Just like when she confronted Or=Gaule.

It wasn't a battle at all.

The demise of one's life, the absolute premonition of death.

There was no doubt that this man was also a《Desperado》who lived in a world beyond reason.

Her heart pounded like it went mad and raised the alarm.

Her instinct pressed her "to run away, run away!" with a shrieking voice.

But,

(How am I going to do that…!?)

So hardly doubt Ainz will be able to do anything here, considering as i said, he will even unconsciously not understand why he can't act.

Illusions in overlord can cause the fabric of reality to shift fool all five senses. Well with his emotional suppresion I doubt he's going to be locked in place. especially as all he needs to do is think teleport and he's gone, that part where she thought run away? ainz is already outside her aoe.

Unlike stella he can think run away and be in a different city. Him being locked in place doesn't stop him from thinking, (as shown above stella was still capable of thought, her thinking how am I going to run away, ainz spells can be cast with his thoughts) while he'll be baffled by his inability to move he'll just teleport. He doesn't need to understand why he cant move to cast his magic. Heck he can just think death while stuck in place. Further he won't be able to become as terrified as her, his emotional suppression won't allow it.

So again ainz teleports out of her range, and haxes her after he rationalizes it as a powerful illusion/stun ability that was capable of overcoming his normal immunity.

You're still equating it to illusions when its not. The scans clearly show that it is an intuition, and stella wasn't even able to consciously realize it once.

And besides even if Ainz gets outta range he's not gonna think "oh it has range" cus he just left the battlefield he's gonna think "whieu im safe".

Im not though ainz will equate it to illusions/stun/emotional manip that's powerful enough to overcome his normal immunity. Yeah he'll think Im safe notice he's no longer bombarded by fear/visions/intuition ect and rationalize it was some form of powerful ability.

He's then going to keep his distance and hax her from range as he won't want to get close after that experience. illusions can effect the subconscious mind as well you know... it being intuition ect doesn't really change the effect it has on a person. Which seems to be fear, locking in place, and the thought death awaits you.

So some premonition of certain doom. Not sure why Ainz is expected to react the same way as her (confusion and fear as well as freezing rather than acting), as it seems experience regarding things of the same nature as well as the character's personality will produce different results.

IMO though, he would go out of both their range which would be a hundred or two kilometers or even thousands, just so long as there is no immediate danger. The pen or the sword also makes sense. Also here is the quote for the illusion thingy:

''"For starters, shapeshifting is vastly different from illusions, but explaining that will take a long time so I'll skip it for now. However, looking down on illusions is very dangerous, you know? Illusions are a fearsome type of spell that become scarier the more skilled the caster is. Also, there are those illusionists who aren't satisfied with a surface understanding and choose to specialize along that path."
"So it's when they specialize?"

"Ahh, yes. For example, there are spells like ÒÇîPerfect IllusionÒÇì which can defy all five senses. And beyond that, there are those who have refined their illusions to the utmost limit, who can use a certain skill once every few days to deceive the world itself."

An illusion that could deceive a world was beyond her capacity to imagine.

"Ah, how exactly does that worldly illusion work?"

"From what I know, it's a spell that lets you rewrite any aspect of the world, I think. Well, simply put, using an illusion like that could even bring the dead back to life?"

"Eh!? You're talking about an illusion, right?"

"Oh yes. An illusion which tricks the world — the ultimate secret of illusions. By deceiving the world itself, an illusion can be made real."''

Urf, this became a long thread.

Wincons/important resistance for both?

@Moritzva Ainz win con is teleporting away from her potent death premonition/terror/stun ability (The ability doesn't stop you from thinking and the emotional aspect will be repressed) and haxing her from outside her range. (Then again ainz may also just think death ect while stunned)

Any death hax will take her out as while she can copy the magic and resist it that doesn't really help when she's already been killed by it. Her win con is...Beating ainz to death using her fire technique she stole from stella I think.

@muchacho MRM Most people shorten it to pen but thanks :) edit also that feeling when you got to the lightnovels to start looking for the qoute :p

Im not though ainz will equate it to illusions/stun/emotional manip that's powerful enough to overcome his normal immunity.
Yeah he'll think Im safe notice he's no longer bombarded by fear/visions/intuition ect and rationalize it was some form of powerful ability.

He's then going to keep his distance and hax her from range as he won't want to get close after that experience. illusions can effect the subconscious mind as well you know... it being intuition ect doesn't really change the effect it has on a person. Which seems to be fear, locking in place, and the thought death awaits you.
So you're saying Ainz is the kind of guy that if he senses something like "This seems like the calm before the storm" or "something bad is happening". He'll equate it to illusions? Cus those are both intuitions, same as that.

Except when they effect the subconscious mind without the person even consciously understanding that it is happening. Yeah gonna need feats for Ainz thinking that kind of thing being illusion. From the persons perspective it is just knowing "this person is strong, i cannot fight him", here is Nene and Kurono having those simply because they feel how strong Edelweiss is from sensing her "sword spirit":

"Well, at any rate, once we get there everything will become clear. So for that reason―"

As quickly as possible. At those words, they put even more strength into their legs. …At that moment. Faster than a second, a sudden gust struck their bodies and brought them to a half.

―In fact, no wind was blowing on them. The sea was also calm.

However, on the expressions on the two world-class knights, trembles of obvious dismay were spreading. Their legs were shaking, and their brows were sweating unnaturally.

Yes... what stopped their legs wasn't the wind. It was an aberrant sword spirit that could be felt from a long distance away. To the point where the ground in front of them was going blurry in their eyes, as if a drawn sword was pressed to their throats. The two were both superior knights, but they could feel it and it paralyzed them.

―Going toward that was dangerous. At that instinctive warning, the two had stopped running.

"Th-The sword spirit… just now… it can't be…."

"H-Hey hey hey. Are you kidding? Our attackers have someone outrageous mixed among them…!"

The two knew. This unusual sword spirit. Only one person in the world could exert this kind of pressure.

So why would he exactly think "oh well i guess she's not that strong after all" after going so far he doesn't feel her power anymore? It's like seeing a tall guy then closing your eyes and saying "well he wasn't that tall".

Because outside the aoe the premonition will fade and he'll equate the terror and constant activation of his emotional suppresion to a powerful ability. He'd probably still think she was very strong but pvp standard involved bombarding the opponent from range when you could. Further without the premoniton/intuition activly overwhelming him he'll notice the difference and come to the conclusion it was an ability of some sort.

False equivalence with the storm thing. Those intuitions don't freeze people in place/overwhelm them/give them visions. This clearly goes beyond a simple premonition.

So again ainz will find himself locked in place by a subconscious fear/vision/intuition, teleport away and bombard her from range with hax, or he might fearfully throw out grasp heart and tp away. Either way he's not going to stand in one place when he finds he cant force himself to move.

Ainz is kinda paranoid, if there is someone who inflict fear to him, an Undead, he would think there some kind of world class item that He don't know, plus this kind of fear also give a vision of your death? Then its just most likely ainz Will think that this is either a special skill of illusion or some kind of world class item, either way he Will still run away to do some preparations.

If you're requiring Ainz to get spooked and teleport away to a range to win, then yeah, Ainz FRA. He literally did the exact thing upon being slightly surprised by Shalltear resisting Wish (he teleported a far range away) and SBA means he's not going to leave on his own accord, so he'll follow up with a death spell or two, and win.

Yeah he'll run away probably self buff a ton then bombard her from range with his hax to end this fight as fast as he can.

He technically doesn't have to run away to win (If he panics and throws off a random death hax she still dies the exact same) it just seems he will considering the description of the above ability.

I doubt he'll self buff much. He specifically chose to self-buff only when he knew Shalltear, his enemy, wouldn't attack him.

Anyhow, what stops Ainz from panic teleporting + hax?

the fear manip/illusion/premonition supposdly but I don't see how as ainz can teleport by thought and has emotional suppresion to help him keep his head. (The ability also doens't halt thought, simply makes you want to run away) So nothing really afaik

Meh ok. Onto the arguing then.

So, you guys said he can attack with world class things. How many of them can be used in these conditions:

• Not knowing where the opponent is.
  • From thousands of KM away.

What no, we're saying he's liable to think she has a world class item, panic and hax the heck out of her after teleporting away. Thousands of km is a massive exaggeration her top range is like 9 km. He has magic that can locate people and summons he can control to investigate an area with skills specifically suited to finding people/objects if its a game of finding her he's going to have the advantage in that category.

As for going over that distance? LA shub (Mass aoe death hax), crack in the ground (tenth teir spell that creates a giant fissure and has death magic imbued with it), most super tier magic in general, certain tenth teir spells

Ainz isn't liable to use a world class item in this scenario (Well he might but we don't know what his wci actually does. It has five abilities and thats all we really know)

He wouldn't know it even is range based, let alone the exact range for it. If anything. it's likely he teleports away a small amount and still ends up in her range.

Or he teleports a MASSIVE amount.

He won't go 10km or so for sure. He don't know the range limit.

Magic that can locate people? Invisible people?

As for summons they just get passived same as Ainz when they get in range.

Yes magic specifically that allows ainz and his summons to see through invisibility and find people/objects trying to conceal themselves. He'll teleport a large distance, use his remote viewing spell observe her and then teleport at the max of his range keeping as much distance as he can. From there he haxs her at his maximum range which is well beyond her own.

Hmm that would be interesting many of ainz summons are rather...simple constructs when it comes to they're conscious....

Also her invisibility as I understand it isn't a constant effect, she won't know when to activate/use it. Ainz can quite comfortably mass aoe the area to be sure he gets her....

What type of invisibility? Cus Xiaoli's invisibility is light dodging her. And she can also create clones and afterimages.

His summons ain't getting close.

Back