• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Huh.....She has a 7A key, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.....

Anyway, what stops Ainz from time stopping since we concluded Desperado's don't resist time

Then again Grasp Heart may work too.

Many things stop that:

1. Desperado passives

2. Power Copying and resistance to everything she copies. To copy she needs to come in contact with the magic (or interact with it in some way) and since the time stop will be affecting her...oh well.

Dunno if she can resist Heart Crushing as that is purely AP.

Really, only the passives help here, the 2nd doesn't help

Though i love how iirc, someone said Ainz has used this thing once in the entire series and its now the most in character starting move

I again point to the heart crush thing since it's more in character for Ainz to do that (Not really sure how you can resist losing a vital organ.

So like said, only the passives help

Firephoenixearl said:
Though i love how iirc, someone said Ainz has used this thing once in the entire series and its now the most in character starting move
He used it against the Workers, against Gazef, and against the Giant Tree, so at least 3 times.

InfiniteSped said:
Firephoenixearl said:
He used it against the Workers, against Gazef, and against the Giant Tree, so at least 3 times.
The same time stop + heart bust combo?

Firephoenixearl said:
How will he do the heart crushing without time stopping? Unless you mean going up to her in normal time and doing that.
Ever heard of Grasp Heart?

Time stop + paralysis to incap them, time stop + Death to mercy kill and time stop + meteors and other fancy spells so it'd look cool.

I assumed you meant the time stop, since he never combo'd it with Grasp Heart, only with Death, which is different.

Yes, he was even willing to take off his resurrection ring in his fight with Shalltear, fully prepared for the outcome he would die, yet of course, not planning to lose, despite Shalltear being a hard counter to him

Apeironaxim said:
Yes, he was even willing to take off his resurrection ring to fight Shalltear, fully prepared for the outcome he would die, yet of course, not planning to lose
Not "being prepared to die". I mean "knowing he will die". Everyone and their mother is "prepared to die" in light novels. This is on a whole other level doe.

Well, to be completely honest, he'd probably teleport away and go prep a bit if he truly felt he'd die. Come back with a few armies, World Class Items, and lvl 100 helpers.

InfiniteSped said:
Time stop + paralysis to incap them, time stop + Death to mercy kill and time stop + meteors and other fancy spells so it'd look cool.
also tried Time Stop against a Dragon Lord in the Evileye story, contemplated it with Cure, and would have used it against an enemy Overlord if he wasn't in a big rush

@Emperor

That part is due to fate. The desperado fate is on their backs. You don't hallucinate.

@Inf

I mean even when coming back, he'd know he'd die still.

Ainz can resurrect, so if he needs to kill the enemy like he does here, the threat of death wouldn't be enough to deter him. If this were a normal encounter, he'd leave and try to learn more about the enemy, but in a vsbattle where he's forced to try to kill them he'll likely just go for his most powerful abilities.

wasn't his strategy in PVP was to lose the first round in order to learn stuff, then come in full force the next round?

EmperorRorepme said:
I see, so it's like a causality enforced thing? Tfw you need to catch up in Rakudai.
What chapter ya at? I assume you haven't reached volume 12 if you don't know.

@Ape

Das gonna be bad. If he does that, the next time he comes, Xiaoli has all of his hax and resistance to all of them too.

In the game though. He hasn't experimented with player resurrection yet, so I don't think he'd willingly die in this case.

I say he waits a few hundred years until she ages to death.

Well I guess I vote for Fu Xiaolee if its in character for Ainz to self BFR despite how incredibly stupid that is.

Retreating from pointless fights is the smartest thing one can do. It's just not good for nerd debates about who can murder each other better.

wait are you actually taking it seriously

for real though, isn't dying/losing to passives at the start a stomp?

You're not winning a war if you are not fighting it to begin with.

Besides, Retreating implies continuing more tactical and avantageous battles to win the war, retreating and not doing shit does not win you the war.

Besides, Fu Xiolee would legit find him and kill him in that time

Back