• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It falls under a stomp if one combatant doesn't have a chance of winning while being in-character.

This is different from a decisive victory, which is when both combatants technically have a chance to win, but one character wins the overwhelming majority of the time, which is not considered a stomp.

FDrybob said:
It falls under a stomp if one combatant can't win while being in-character.
Don't think so. Considering it's just running away. Let's see what Schnee thinks though. He may be more knowledgeable on this.

In that case, Ainz has the option to teleport away and kill outside of her range with something like grasp heart.

Also, if achieving mutual destruction would be possible, Ainz has a ring that would resurrect him.

Blahblah9755 said:
In that case, Ainz has the option to teleport away and kill outside of her range with something like grasp heart.
Also, if achieving mutual destruction would be possible, Ainz has a ring that would resurrect him.
Considering he saw what the result of fighting her would be, i doubt teleporting away would make him go like "oh well maybe now it won't be the same thing".

Wait I just realized Ainz has higher range so if he teleported away he can just grasp heart

And Blue said that earlier........

Cmon guys......

That statement doesn't support or detract from your argument. Plus, Ainz's character alone isn't the only reason this could be considered a stomp.

Whether it is through a difference in statistics, abilities or even (in very rare cases) skill between the two parties, these matches are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character.
In what circumstance does Fu Xiaoli lose in this fight?

Schnee One said:
Wait I just realized Ainz has higher range so if he teleported away he can just grasp heart
And Blue said that earlier........

Cmon guys......
Earl seems to say that won't really work

FDrybob said:
Well that's kinda weird tbh, cus we don't consider cases where another character cannot bypass a regen stomps anymore so i am really unsure on the current "stomp conditions".

Firephoenixearl said:
FDrybob said:
Well that's kinda weird tbh, cus we don't consider cases where another character cannot bypass a regen stomps anymore so i am really unsure on the current "stomp conditions".
Wait what?

Her Regenerationn is easily bypassed by Ainz's death manipulation; it isn't a problem at all. It's her Fate hax that's the problem. From what I understand, she can't lose with it active.

Schnee One said:
Wait what?
I opposed this when it was first argued, but most staff agreed that Regenerationn alone isn't a stomp condition if they're otherwise pretty comparable. You can find it in the stomp page.

Schnee One said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Wait what?
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Stomp_Thread

"Both characters are otherwise evenly matched in terms of stats and abilities, but one has Regenerationn that the other cannot easily surmount."

This is listed as an example of a decisive victory, and not a stomp.

@Fire someone already explained why he wouldn't believe that. He'd probably panic in the moment and teleport away, but when he's out of the range of the illusion, he would notice that range limit and try to range abuse to kill her.

@Blah

He would stop sensing her fate he'd still know what would happen if he opposed her. But then again what can he even use from cities away?

@schnee

In the stomp revision thread can't give you link rn though. Am on my phone.

Found one, apparently I was actually one of the people who went against regen matches being stomps but I was rejected and I used Ryuko as an example and all of her matches got removed

Stomps are annoying

they're starting four kilometers apart wont ainz just death hax her from outside her range? While grasp heart doesn't have that kind of range crack in the ground (giant crack in the ground with death hax) and shub seem to have the range to deal with this. I mean she can copy and resist it but unless she can copy something and retroactively resist it the death magic happens and she drops.

Beyond that Im a little perplexed by her fate/fear hax ainz would normally resist fear hax but thats not the case here apparently due to it being caused by fate manip.

Ah right she has nine km range, so ainz is in range of her aura from the start. Hmm Im confused sure he'll still have the thought he'll die if he opposes her but the fear will fade after he's out of range won't it? If so he's going to recognize it as an aoe effect and attack her from outside it. saying that in his panic to get away I could see ainz throwing off a grasp heart or other eath hax to try and stun her.

Honestly if he see's her as some figure of death he may not even try to teleport beleiving her to be a high level being that would block/follow his teleport...

What even arguments are these? BFR only applies as such

"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

If Ainz runs away and prepares for like 3 days and goes back into the fray all the more prepared, he did NOT self-BFR.

The pen or the sword said:
Ah right she has nine km range, so ainz is in range of her aura from the start. Hmm Im confused sure he'll still have the thought he'll die if he opposes her but the fear will fade after he's out of range won't it? If so he's going to recognize it as an aoe effect and attack her from outside it. saying that in his panic to get away I could see ainz throwing off a grasp heart or other eath hax to try and stun her.

Honestly if he see's her as some figure of death he may not even try to teleport beleiving her to be a high level being that would block/follow his teleport...
No he'll "experience his own death in detail" while being in her range getting out of it just won't make him keep feeling her fate.

But id say it's pretty dumb for him to go like "I guess i won't die after all" once he gets out of range. Doesn't seem very realistic considering he knows that he'll die if he fights her. Though honestly i guess i should make a CRT at some point because logically speaking the range should be "as far as ppl can sense her". So could be less than 200m but more than hundreds of km. Since it is literally just people feeling the desperado's fate. Anyway still ainz can't do much if he isn't strong willed enough to step into a fight he knows he'll die in.

Even if he telepots that far away what kind of abilities are usable from cities away on people whose exact location he doesn't know.

So @schnee considering the new rules does this seem like a stomp or decisive?

Akreious said:
What even arguments are these? BFR only applies as such

"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

If Ainz runs away and prepares for like 3 days and goes back into the fray all the more prepared, he did NOT self-BFR.
Willingly leaving the battlefield for more than a day is self bfr. But even then, even if he comes later still nothing, he'll not be able to fight a match he would know he'd die in. If anything the 2nd time he may not even be able to come out ok cus xiaoli will be more serious

Its a skill/undead race trait and isn't considered magic by overlord. Its an aura around him that induces instant death to things that touch it. The author even mentioned magic defense couldn't help against it...

As someone mentioned above, Ainz wouldn't know this is an inevitable fate, but would view it as an incredibly potent illusion. Ainz knows of people capable of casting illusions potent enough to bypass resistances, trick the brain into thinking it's already died, or fully alter the world. His resistance to fear is better than that of people who'd be fine going through those illusions that convince the mind it's dies as well.

Im sorta in agrement ainz isn't liable to view the fear manip as anything more then a world class illusion once he's out of the aoe.... Even if it keeps insisting he's going to die internally he's aware such illusions exist.

Seems like it's pretty clear that it is not an illusion tbh. Otherwise people wouldn't believe it either.

He'd literally have all of his senses scream at him to run away. The effect is so extreme it literally says ikki's soul was shrieking. It goes far beyond being a simple illusion. Or how stella couldn't move forward cus she without consciously realizing it understood that going further would mean death.

Yes and there are illusions in overlord that can fool the fabric of reality into changing... Ainz is aware of this he will understand this effect as a world class illusion after he escapes it's aoe.

Back