• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If you know you'll lose, then not dying is a win. He has unlimited lifespan, he can just wait it out and kill her descendants when she dies of old age if he's feeling salty.

There's a difference between a strategically beneficial retreat and running away.

Any war game nerd knows this.

It'd be in-character for Ainz to retreat from ANY battle in which he doesn't know anything about his enemy. He's not going to do that in a vsbattle since that'd mean he loses. We're assuming that he knows he needs to kill his combatant. Unless you're arguing that Ainz should have lost every single vsbattle ever, it's odd to claim that he leaves and loses via BFR.

InfiniteSped said:
If you know you'll lose, then not dying is a win. He has unlimited lifespan, he can just wait it out and kill her descendants when she dies of old age if he's feeling salty.
Lol, that reminds me, outliving is a legit win condition now.

Even if you can't kill or actually harm your opponent, if you can still send stuff over to them and they die of old age, you win.

Dude

Fu Xiaolee has literally decades to run around and find Ainz and then slaughter him and his kingdom.

Stop acting as if Fu Xioalee is helpless against killing an opponent who can't do shit to her..

If he in character will not fight, nothing stops her from slaughtering his entire Kingdom and him if she chases after him, because nothing stops her from doing that,.

Its not a win to literally run away and not do anything and even if it was it can't happen

For real doe, I'd say he actually retreats if that Desperado shitz is up from the start. I don't think he'll care enough to think of a plan if the same effect goes off whenever he tries to enter combat, so he probably just goes back to Nazarick and keeps doing his own thing.

Both combatants know that they need to defeat the other and that leaving means they lose. No one's going to BFR themself.

FDrybob said:
Both combatants know that they need to kill the other and that leaving means they lose. No one's going to BFR themself.
If she has an aura that tells him that he'd die, I'd say he'd much rather retreat from a battle than to die for no reason.

Edit: Or he tries to cheese it with Wish. That could work. Or maybe look for Ourobouros. But if it becomes her hunting him down in his kingdom, it's harder to say how it'd end up.

Ainz knows of people capable of casting illusions powerful enough to change the entire world. I don't think he'd immediately assume the premonition was accurate, especially since he isn't a clairvoyant himself.

This is an interesting point to bring up, because it's completely in-character for some people to self-BFR and find an alternative approach. Especially when hey know they can't win.

Shield Hero characters do that constantly.

1. Outliving is a win condition only when neither can harm the other, not when one is running away.

2. It is true that Xiaoli can just follow him. Considering she has several abilities like invisibility (so she could stealthily attack him), ice clones that cannot be defeated and are all 10x faster (for blitz). Though once she comes to his Kingdom she'll have all the abilities of his underlings and resistances to them.

Ainz constantly teleporting away only gets him so far as to teleport to Nazarcik where Fu literally slaughters anyone and anything there.

She cn amp to speed blitz him as well.

Of the thirty-six stratagems of war, retreat is often the best option.

Kind funny if he does run away.

Where is this set? If it's in the New World, i'm sure some fanatic in the Tomb would be willing to die. If for some reason there isn't anyone he can call for help, I don't think slaughtering innocent random people in the New World would bring him out.

Ainz can teleport thousands of miles away, and can see through invisibility. He can also use Perfect Unknowable to completely conceal all traces of himself. Plus, how would she know where his minions and kingdom are?

Seeing through invisibility isn't enough against trackless step so that's out, Ainz has to constatly travel back to avoid self and if he decides to run aay constanlty she will eventually catch on, she has decades to do so.

Ifprep counters fate hax, you have a point

Question is if it can.

But if this is the level at which this match goes then I have no interest.

Schnee One said:
Seeing through invisibility isn't enough against trackless step so that's out, Ainz has to constatly travel back to avoid self and if he decides to run aay constanlty she will eventually catch on, she has decades to do so.
Xiaoli doesn't have trackless step. I mean she's chinese so it's possible she does have it, but she's never shown it so for debate purposes she doesn't have it. I meant invisibility by having light dodge her.

@Drybob

What type of invisibility?

And again, running away is not "inconc". It's a win for Xiaoli.

It really depends on if there's a world item capable of using fate hax. If yes, then Ainz resists. If not, then probably no. If that's what it comes down to, then my vote is for Inconclusive.

So, what does the fate hax do? Is it something like show someone their worst possible outcome and then force them towards it?

Firephoenixearl said:
@Drybob What type of invisibility?
If you mean Ainz's Perfect Unknowable, it makes him completely invisible except to high level players specialized in enemy detection, and it also erases all other traces of his presence such as smell, footprints, or sound. It's a step up from Complete Invisibility, which itself is a step up from regular Invisibility, with each one being more difficult to detect than the last.

If you mean what types of invisibility Ainz can see through, he can passively see through normal invisibility.

Blahblah9755 said:
Does it have a range you can leave , or is it just once it's in effect you game over?
Well currently the best shown feat of range goes to over 9km, cities away (unknown distance).

Though there is a case in the untranslated volumes where a desperado kept appearing in her dreams and stuff despite him being like several cities away minding his own business. But until that, eh, we'll just use the 9km feat since its more quantifiable.

Back