• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

real and true touhou scale not clickbait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what's so bad about mocking the logic another verse uses to wank their verse.

Mocking verses for any reason is based actually.

I don't get what's so bad about mocking the logic another verse uses to wank their verse.

Mocking verses for any reason is based actually.
I find the fact that you see no problem with this to be a problem in itself, personally
Yeah

What part of that constitutes mockery? If you don't like your own logic being applied to another verse, then that sounds like your problem, not mine.
To begin with, a number of the things that "are acceptable for DMC" aren't even actually being used, like the whole "viewing things as insignificant" part. I don't think anyone's actually arguing that point, for instance.

The part that constitutes mockery is poking fun at what's accepted for DMC and essentially going "hey look at what the supporters accepted, pretty stupid right?"

To begin with, a number of the things that "are acceptable for DMC" aren't even actually being used, like the whole "viewing things as insignificant" part. I don't think anyone's actually arguing that point, for instance.

The part that constitutes mockery is poking fun at what's accepted for DMC and essentially going "hey look at what the supporters accepted, pretty stupid right?"
Nah they seem pretty dead set on the idea that demons seeing the HW as insignificant is some R > F type thing lmao

I do think the scaling is stupid, but not only is that not spite (everyone on the site would be banned for spite if going "this scaling is bad and I don't like it" was a rule-breaking offense), but the point of this thread is to show what the endpoint of that scaling actually is. If you think the scaling here is stupid, then you have to apply it to DMC too, since it's the same goddamn thing.

Nah they seem pretty dead set on the idea that demons seeing the HW as insignificant is some R > F type thing lmao
I'd be inclined to disagree with that if that's the case, that's just demons looking down on humans in general (pretty common trope for demons in media)

See, my verse actually has a proper R>F example, this one dude literally perceives the entire world as nothing but a film
I do think the scaling is stupid, but not only is that not spite (everyone on the site would be banned for spite if going "this scaling is bad and I don't like it" was a rule-breaking offense), but the point of this thread is to show what the endpoint of that scaling actually is. If you think the scaling here is stupid, then you have to apply it to DMC too, since it's the same goddamn thing.
A few things here:
  1. I don't think anyone's done it like this though, and I feel a big reason why is because it's very easy for it to turn into open season on an entire supporter base simply for having a scaling take one might find ridiculous
  2. I don't think you're entirely on the mark here, because some of the things you mentioned here don't exactly fall into that, like the last point of being in "another dimension entirely," which doesn't grant a higher dimensionality without further context (and I don't believe is something that was brought up to justify Low 1-C DMC)

A few things here:
  1. I don't think anyone's done it like this though, and I feel a big reason why is because it's very easy for it to turn into open season on an entire supporter base simply for having a scaling take one might find ridiculous
  2. I don't think you're entirely on the mark here, because some of the things you mentioned here don't exactly fall into that, like the last point of being in "another dimension entirely," which doesn't grant a higher dimensionality without further context (and I don't believe is something that was brought up to justify Low 1-C DMC)
1. Nobody here's been actually picking on DMC supporters (not openly at least) so I really don't think it's at a point where there's any need for concern.
2. Ngl that last one was partly an in-joke because people have legitimately brought that up for tier 1 Touhou scaling (even though, as you pointed out, it's total bullshit). The rest are still on the basis of "bigger than low 2-C = low 1-C" train of thought I've been seeing nonstop lately though.

1. Nobody here's been actually picking on DMC supporters (not openly at least) so I really don't think it's at a point where there's any need for concern.
2. Ngl that last one was partly an in-joke because people have legitimately brought that up for tier 1 Touhou scaling (even though, as you pointed out, it's total bullshit). The rest are still on the basis of "bigger than low 2-C = low 1-C" train of thought I've been seeing nonstop lately though.
  1. I suppose that's true, but I personally am cautious about this kinda thing since it can easily spiral outta control
  2. I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure the argument is not just "it's bigger than a Low 2-C structure so it's Low 1-C," but it's to do with how much bigger it is

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure the argument is not just "it's bigger than a Low 2-C structure so it's Low 1-C," but it's to do with how much bigger it is
There have been a lot of quotes from supporters in that thread amounting to "you can't be bigger than infinity without being one infinity above it, so naturally it has to be low 1-C" (like here, for example).

I could honestly care less about Tier 1 as a whole, but true or not, curious or not, this is still spite to the nth degree. Take my word for it: Don't do this shit where it isn't warranted.

I assume the end result is gonna be that if he doesn't support this, you'll consider him a hypocrite

Or maybe there's more nuance to it that's being left out

I'm remaining pretty firm in my stance that this was made out of spite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back