• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What's being pushed for and what are the counter-arguments? I'm pretty sure Makima scaling to the Gun Devil was rejected (and I agree with that)
What's being pushed in this thread are about Makima having a comparable or can be scaling over the Gun Devil.

And the counter-argument is about debunking some "anti feats" that make Makima couldn't be scaled to him.

May I know why about you rejected Makima scaling to the Gun Devil?

I read Chainsaw Man. What are the arguments here? As for the building destruction feat I seriously doubt that'll be so impressive, he's only fragging like 30% of a building, and that's basically the god tier of the verse doing it. Probably wouldn't break 9-A but I might be wrong.
Yeah, actually we're talking about speed scaling from Makima to the Gun Devil.

Summary about this thread.

So far I have debunked 4 or more things that was called as the anti feats. And I also provide scans to prove my argument.

The main reason why Makima could be scaled to the Gun Devil:
As said by Comicgyal Makima's fight with the Gun Devil was comparable. And overall Makima had the high ground. Starting from Makima who can track and feel the Devil Gun, if Makima is able to track him this means Makima need a response speed that is more or less equivalent to him. Because Makima's time with the Devil Gun was only later intermittent in seconds and it had been shown in many panels. For example this to this.

So it doesn't make sense if you think Makima has a more inferior speed than it. Just because Makima is not indicated to have a feats that avoid the bullets. But Makima has been shown to being able track him and has also prepared the technique that can defeat him. Makima automatically grabs a compatial statistics to him especially Makima ended made him weaker by turn him into a fiend. Except you have another reason to refute this besides "Makima was killed for the Devil Gun attack" which was the intention of her because she is immortal and did not care if she get shot to death.

The counter-argument for opponent's main argumen why Makima could be scaled over the Gun Devil and debunking something that he called "anti feats".
1. Makima can't be MHS because herself died by a bullets from a gun.
2. Makima can't be MHS because herself can't blitz Denji in the final battle and comparable to him in the beginning.
3. Denji is only subsonic and not even close to MHS because Denji couldn't blitz Makima's army including Reze.
4. Makima's fight with the Gun Devil was offscreen even thought Makima didn't exchange attacks Makima could defeat him by having herself died time by time like a decoy because she is immortal so that feats couldn't be considered as an attack speed feats.

Totally that all are your arguments since the very beginning. The counter argument for that:

1. Makima who was killed by a bullet cannot be considered an anti-feats because Makima doesn't care if she was shot and dead. This is recognized by Makima that shooting her will be pointless. Rather making an assumption her speed was inferior than the bullet, it becomes a form of ignorance because she is immortal.

2. Actually, if you say that Makima, who is comparable to Denji in the beginning of battle, can be considered as anti-feats. In fact, it is known wrong. From the previous chapter after Denji was formed. Makima wanted to trade blows against Denji personally and kill him, this means that Makima can deliberately get rid of attacks from Denji, she just want to trade blows with him. So an anti-feats that you said earlier is a form of a misconception. And it has been proven in the end of battle with the Chainsawman, where it shows that Makima is able to blitz Denji and make she as the winner. Troughout the battle Makima's attack capable to outspeed Denji's one, it shows how Makima is more superior than him in the middle of battle. It also shows that Denji can't react her movement attacks. And in the end Makima is the winner. It's an evidences that Makima capable to blitz Denji and far superior than him.

3. In fact, Denji was able to blitzed all of them and almost defeat the entire team of Makima. Even takes it to the point where Makima herself needs to step in. The panels you brought earlier where it shows Denji get stomped by many people of Makima's guys are only a handful of panels which can create a misunderstandings. In the first part of the fight Denji was able to overcome many of his opponents, even though he still was bothered by many of them including Reze, Denji was still able to provide a good resistance to them. Indeed there's a scene where Denji at that time was stomped by many people including Reze, but that's because Denji's attention was distracted by Reze after countering her. But at the end of the fight Denji managed to overcome everything and proceeds to attack Makima. Although he was considered weaker at that time, but the end of the fight was won by Denji. I don't see this as anti feats.

4. The basis of this MHS Makima, even though the battle was offscreen is focused to her technique. Since Makima is the one that control it and has mind manipulation feats, we can consider that their stats especially in sense (speed) are corresponding one to each other. The result of the battle shows that Makima wins in the end, it means her attack will need a speed that comparable to her enemy. If not how can she defeat him in the first place? Or even hit him? It's a simple logic. And Makima, who died in the first part could not be categorized as anti-feats. Since Makima was intentionally want to be killed and the attack from Gun Devil did not even make Makima budge. From the start Makima had been waiting for Gun Devil also at that time Makima was preparing her technique, that's why I said She was intentionally want to be killed because she was preparing her technique and she is immortal. Makima's expression was still smiling arrogantly even after getting killed. To assume Makima at the time had inferior speed was absurd. In the last part after the technique is active it is shown that Gun Devil reacts to Makima's attack and faces upwards. We better assume that Makima's attack has an attack speed that is comparable to or faster than the Gun Devil because in the end Makima has defeated him. If we assume that Gun Devil doesn't attack Makima again after killing her for the first time and letting Makima to killing him it also doesn't make sense because Gun Devil has a mission to kill Makima from existence.

And the argument for Denji having a comparable speed to Makima and can also be scaled over the Gun Devil because he defeated the Gun Fiend.

Scaling the Gun Fiend to the Gun Devil.
I said that the Gun Fiend can be comparable to he was in the Gun Devil form. Because:
1. There's no scans that shows their difference unless about their form and their. Indicating about it stats being so fluctuate is kinda lowball actually.
2. They're from the same being. Devils in Chainsawman is corresponding to each other especially the Gun Devil. That's why in the first arcs you can see his body portion or a fragment, where all of them could become an amplifier and it connects to the real body of it. Take a brief look to any Devil that had the Gun Devil's fragment, just like the Eternity Devil. If Eternity Devil can be so strong by having a small fragment of the Gun Devil, how is it when the Gun Devil itself transforming into a fiend? The vessel's capability also being raised overally in a big scale. I don't say that the Gun Devil and the Gun Fiend are equal but I think they're comparable at the maximum.

Consistency about Denji that having comparable speed to Makima in the beginning of battle. And can be scaled over her. Both of them also being scaled or more superior than the Gun Devil
Makima has MHS speed. Including Denji, because Denji was able to fight and quite comparable with Makima at the beginning of the battle, and what is more supportive is that Pochita when he was merged with Power, they can give a significant attack to Makima, where Pochita is Denji's heart and the source of his strength. Which means this furtherly supports about the speed of Denji who is able to keep up with Makima can be "considered" as a comparable thing. The one who should be scaled is Denji over Makima, rather than Makima to Denji.

You're taking "Trade blows" way too literally. She's asking him to take her on one-on-one, she isn't explicitly asking him to hit her.

Also it's straight-up said fiends are weaker than demons with the Violence Fiend isn't it? "They should still be kinda comparable" doesn't hold water.

Last edited:
Also like, you're debunking counterarguments but where is the actual feat for Makima scaling to the Gun Devil? She gets killed by an attack, then revives and spawns an attack right above his head. You claim the Gun Devil reacted to it but I can't see it there.

Definitely this thread no one real feats about Speed makima vs gun devil.cuz the battle is offscreen, we only use Assumption in here.

The best way to put rating makima is scalling from Denji In chapter 95

This. Is my opinion

Armorchompy and Damage:

So what should we do here?

By the way, I might as well ask this here since CSM is like, the only non-hotly debated ongoing shonen, but was the feat where Denji rips a chunk off the ground and throws it up then destroys it calculated? I bet that'd give some decent LS

You're taking "Trade blows" way too literally. She's asking him to take her on one-on-one, she isn't explicitly asking him to hit her.
I don't say she asking him to hit her. But it's about Makima giving a response to Denji, thought in the end it shows that Makima could defeat Denji in ease.

Also it's straight-up said fiends are weaker than demons with the Violence Fiend isn't it? "They should still be kinda comparable" doesn't hold water.
Yep they're become weaker, but the difference about the Gun Fiend is he is the Gun Devil himself who changes form. It is not known how much decrease in terms of his strenght.

Also like, you're debunking counterarguments but where is the actual feat for Makima scaling to the Gun Devil? She gets killed by an attack, then revives and spawns an attack right above his head.
Well about Makima having killed that couldn't be considered as anti feats. You can try to read it again, from the start Makima can track him and even anticipates him. In logics Makima would need a technique that comparable to him. I mean, how can she defeat him in the first place if her techniques has a inferior speed than him? Or even hit him? That's.

You claim the Gun Devil reacted to it but I can't see it there.
Not in a literal sense. I mean when Makima activates her technique, it can be seen that the Gun Devil heading towards to attack it means he aware to that. If in the end the Gun Devil has lose, wasn't that mean Makima's attack capable to have a comparable statistics to him?

By the way, I might as well ask this here since CSM is like, the only non-hotly debated ongoing shonen, but was the feat where Denji rips a chunk off the ground and throws it up then destroys it calculated? I bet that'd give some decent LS
As far as I know it not yet being calculated. But it can and I think the same.

I don't say she asking him to hit her. But it's about Makima giving a response to Denji, thought in the end it shows that Makima could defeat Denji in ease.
Yes, because she needs to prove his superiority to herself. I'm not sure what the point here is.
Yep they're become weaker, but the difference about the Gun Fiend is he is the Gun Devil himself who changes form. It is not known how much decrease in terms of his strenght.
Exactly, and since it's not known what the change is, we cannot assume it's a small change.
Well about Makima having killed that couldn't be considered as anti feats. You can try to read it again, from the start Makima can track him and even anticipates him. In logics Makima would need a technique that comparable to him. I mean, how can she defeat him in the first place if her techniques has a inferior speed than him? Or even hit him? That's.
She barely tracks him over a long distance. I can track an airplane as it's passing above me but that doesn't mean I could fight something with its combat speed. And, again, she literally blind-sided him with an attack from above. I don't scale to Usain Bolt if I sneak behind him and smack him in the back of the head.
Not in a literal sense. I mean when Makima activates her technique, it can be seen that the Gun Devil heading towards to attack it means he aware to that. If in the end the Gun Devil has lose, wasn't that mean Makima's attack capable to have a comparable statistics to him?
No, not really. He's just standing still in that panel. She also uses seven different powers to form that one technique, so it wouldn't scale to her normal attacks.

Damage, what's your take on these counterarguments? I'll admit my memories of CSM are a bit fuzzy.

Yes, because she needs to prove his superiority to herself. I'm not sure what the point here is.
What do you mean by that? Well the point of that counterargument is about explaining how Makima actually can defeat Denji and blitz him if she wants it. Since the first opponent said that Makima couldn't blitz Denji and comparable to him. While in fact Makima is far superior.

Exactly, and since it's not known what the change is, we cannot assume it's a small change.
Rather than a big change thought. Well about this the Gun Fiend I too don't want to make wild assumption to it. I also kinda doubt, but as far as I remember there's no anti feats for it so I guess it's fine. But I can agree if in the outcoming future there will be a databook that explain about this specifically.

She barely tracks him over a long distance. I can track an airplane as it's passing above me but that doesn't mean I could fight something with its combat speed. And, again, she literally blind-sided him with an attack from above. I don't scale to Usain Bolt if I sneak behind him and smack him in the back of the head.
That's a good analogy actually but I guess not. The timeframe between Makima and the Gun Devil only lasted a few seconds actually. It means the one who track it will need a sensory that comparable to him. Since Makima didn't use any items for it but her own abillities. Regarding about Makima who can detect it and even know the exact location of this, this means that it requires sensory capabilities that can move according to its target. You can track an airplane that passes through the air within a few kilometers, but in the case of Makima, isn't it shown that in the end she is the winner? So that's different. And how can you call it "blindsided" while the Gun Devil himself aware and reacts to the attack? Although what happened afterwards is not known how, but the result was clearly won by Makima.

No, not really. He's just standing still in that panel. She also uses seven different powers to form that one technique, so it wouldn't scale to her normal attacks.
Yes, the Gun Devil is still standing in the panel, but you won't say the Gun Devil will surrender to be killed by Makima right or sounds to something like that? The stakes of his mission are his life and he has a mission from the president of America to kill Makima completely. Yes Makima did use a different abillities than usual where she combines the many abilities that consist of contact with the other devils to defeat him. I'm fine for Denji who can be argued that can't be scaled to the Gun Devil but for Makima's case, I believe she can and it's legit but in a special case or key about this.

What do you mean by that? Well the point of that counterargument is about explaining how Makima actually can defeat Denji and blitz him if she wants it. Since the first opponent said that Makima couldn't blitz Denji and comparable to him. While in fact Makima is far superior.
She needs to prove his superiority to him, so why wouldn't she abuse her speed?
Rather than a big change thought. Well about this the Gun Fiend I too don't want to make wild assumption to it. I also kinda doubt, but as far as I remember there's no anti feats for it so I guess it's fine. But I can agree if in the outcoming future there will be a databook that explain about this specifically.
No it isn't fine. If we don't know something we go with the conservative estimate. He's a Fiend, and we know Fiends are weaker, nothing else.
That's a good analogy actually but I guess not. The timeframe between Makima and the Gun Devil only lasted a few seconds actually. It means the one who track it will need a sensory that comparable to him. Since Makima didn't use any items for it but her own abillities. Regarding about Makima who can detect it and even know the exact location of this, this means that it requires sensory capabilities that can move according to its target. You can track an airplane that passes through the air within a few kilometers, but in the case of Makima, isn't it shown that in the end she is the winner? So that's different. And how can you call it "blindsided" while the Gun Devil himself aware and reacts to the attack? Although what happened afterwards is not known how, but the result was clearly won by Makima.
He does literally not react to the attack, and he was standing still. She barely saw him coming, she got shot in the head by him, and then counter-attacked. Nothing more.
Yes, the Gun Devil is still standing in the panel, but you won't say the Gun Devil will surrender to be killed by Makima right or sounds to something like that? The stakes of his mission are his life and he has a mission from the president of America to kill Makima completely. Yes Makima did use a different abillities than usual where she combines the many abilities that consist of contact with the other devils to defeat him. I'm fine for Denji who can be argued that can't be scaled to the Gun Devil but for Makima's case, I believe she can and it's legit.
We know nothing about the Gun Devil's personality. Maybe it was surprised she came back, maybe he was evaluating the situation, who knows? It hesitated for a moment, that's all. It didn't get blitzed before it could attack again- if it had been going all-out it would have never stopped attacking to begin with.

Since Makima's fight was almost entirely off-screen, and she seemingly relied primarily on the abilities / Devils of other characters to fight it, I don't think we need to upgrade Makima to MHS at all.

She needs to prove his superiority to him, so why wouldn't she abuse her speed?
I guess she did it because she want to show Denji and killing him personally like giving a dramatic scale to that moment. But there's no point to continue this actually.

No it isn't fine. If we don't know something we go with the conservative estimate. He's a Fiend, and we know Fiends are weaker, nothing else.
Yes, that's why I said I kinda doubt.

He does literally not react to the attack, and he was standing still. She barely saw him coming, she got shot in the head by him, and then counter-attacked. Nothing more.
Well but he awares to that attack, if you assume that the Gun Devil would only standing there and getting killed by Makima in a pressure then it will contradict the story, where the Gun Devil's mission was to kill Makima. About the rest you're right, but why don't put this on a specific case? I mean, if she was able to counter attack and win in the end she will need a speed that at the same level to her enemy. I mean if you consider Makima couldn't be scaled to him then it will be more make sense if at that time the Gun Devil could counter it or even change the result where he can win. The result has show us thought that Makima win and legitemately could be scaled over him.

We know nothing about the Gun Devil's personality. Maybe it was surprised she came back, maybe he was evaluating the situation, who knows? It hesitated for a moment, that's all. It didn't get blitzed before it could attack again- if it had been going all-out it would have never stopped attacking to begin with.
Indeed we know nothing about the Gun Devil's personality. But in a common way, everyone that faces his/her enemy that even trapped on a death-life condition would try to giving a counter attacks and takes the winner position. Isn't that a simple one? Actually the Gun Devil's attack was never stop, but after Makima getting killed and revive she release her techniques in a second and make the Gun Devil's movement stopped and it reacting to Makima's attack by heading upward.

Since Makima's fight was almost entirely off-screen, and she seemingly relied primarily on the abilities / Devils of other characters to fight it, I don't think we need to upgrade Makima to MHS at all.
But can't we give Makima a special key that can be scaled over the Gun Devil? It's not reffering to the usual Makima. Since Makima use a special abillities to it.

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

Also, should her profile page receive a footnote explanation text first?

I read Chainsaw Man. What are the arguments here? As for the building destruction feat I seriously doubt that'll be so impressive, he's only fragging like 30% of a building, and that's basically the god tier of the verse doing it. Probably wouldn't break 9-A but I might be wrong.
30% of six buildings

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

Also, should her profile page receive a footnote explanation text first?
Yeah. But after rereading the manga and looking back over my arguments I felt like I wanted to correct a few things.

1. Denji is not MHS and cannot be scaled to Makima who was fighting the Gun Devil.
2. Makima needs a new key regarding her speed statistics. When Makima fights the Gun Devil she uses all of her hax abilities in contrast to Denji's where she only uses her punches to defeat him. So it makes more sense to distinguish Makima, who was fighting the Gun Devil at that time, from Makima, who fought Denji in a blows battle.

The conclusion that I can give about this is that Makima can get an MHS speed rating under a special conditions, and that's as I mentioned above.

There's literally no legit scaling to the Gun Devil regardless of the inconsistencies it would cause, and it's the same Makima so a key wouldn't be warranted.

There's literally no legit scaling to the Gun Devil regardless of the inconsistencies it would cause, and it's the same Makima so a key wouldn't be warranted.
Yes but Makima's effort when she fought with the Gun Devil is literally different. Things why I said Makima need a new key because this would apply to Makima at her best feats, because in that battle with the Gun Devil Makima use all of her abillities where these abillities are composed by many contract of Devils.

I have read the standard format for characters. And about the Key's definition for characters I can say that Makima can have another key for her characters. Since Makima's technique can be considered as a form or a powerup one because she use other abillities from another Devil by making contract with her. Surely this case would be different to usual Makima. And in CSM, when you have the contract with the Devil you will have their ability including their stats just like the Chainsawman itself.

Honestly I'll just let Damage debate this if he feels like it since my memory of the manga is a bit fuzzy still.

Makima’s speed not being comparable to the Gun Devil doesn’t make any sense the only argument against it is that she was doing what she does in character which’s taking hits from the opponent if you look into ever fights she’s had that’s what she does so if we’re going by that you might as well downgrade her to Average Human as common thugs were capable of killing her. Denji speed at Subsonic is outdated there’s a calc waiting to be here (Unless I missed it being accepted) which would take most of the verse to Supersonic+ to Hypersonic and Makima would be superior to anyone who’d scale to that.

Makima’s speed not being comparable to the Gun Devil doesn’t make any sense the only argument against it is that she was doing what she does in character which’s taking hits from the opponent if you look into ever fights she’s had that’s what she does so if we’re going by that you might as well downgrade her to Average Human as common thugs were capable of killing her. Denji speed at Subsonic is outdated there’s a calc waiting to be here (Unless I missed it being accepted) which would take most of the verse to Supersonic+ to Hypersonic and Makima would be superior to anyone who’d scale to that.
Well Makima didn't care if she being killed because she is immortal. She alone has said when she talks with Kishibe. Well that calc is okay thought. But about Makima's condition I thought there's need an exception and I have explained this on above about giving Makima a special key.

Btw thanks for providing that.

Last edited:
Btw this thread got rejected, then. Can w close the thread now?
Since if other member want to upgrade Csm character can go to other thread

And thanks for armorchompy for helping out this Thread
This thread is not yet being rejected what do you mean? The opponent's side didn't even bring a specifics argument about why Makima couldn't be scaled over the Gun Devil. Altought now we can give Makima MHS under a special condition.

Armorchompy alone has said that he implicating will ignore this debate because his memory with this manga is kinda fuzzy. So what do you mean?

What's being pushed for and what are the counter-arguments? I'm pretty sure Makima scaling to the Gun Devil was rejected (and I agree with that)
Okay einel, i'll be waiting comennt from damage for this thread

Back