• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man Massive Upgrades and Profile Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume the falling devil, based on what it is, is gonna have gravity attacks to simulate "falling", and Pochita or Denji is gonna get hit by a full power grav attack or some shit that we can reasonably conclude is > passive summoning gravity, at some point, so it's just a matter of time.
Funny thing, she did use a strong "beam like attack" that blew a hole into the Justice Devil and all the Falling Devil's current feats are when she is weakened, I'm assuming that would be the attack and I can see Pochita being the first one to tank it at full force

I don't think it'd be planetary, for the same reason lighting up the planet is only 6-C i also have no idea how to calc "darkness" without going into complete guesswork on the mechanics behind it, like how does he make darkness? does he destroy the light photons and whatnot in the environment? darkness is just the absence of light after all. Is it wacky supernatural goop like El Aleph or that mf from FMA? Not knowing HOW he does is it, is an issue.
Well he kinda just drops from the sky and covers the place in darkness

Ok, so from what I can see the Gun Devils feat validity is being called into question due to the Low 7-C damage it caused. This to me seems flawed for a few reasons, but in order to cover every base lets do a breakdown of our current KE feat rules and see how it fares.

Basic Rules

Rule 1:
"No kinetic energy for faster than light speeds" No problem here.
Rule 2: "Do not calculate speed from kinetic energy" We're not.
Rule 3: "The relativistic kinetic energy value is only accepted up to 4 times the Newtonian value" Doesn't apply.
Rule 4: "Kinetic Energy based on Movement Speed is case by case" The only one that really applies, and the Gun Devil falls into the applies category. The Gun Devils main method of attack is ramming through buildings while hovering above the ground. This is both shown and implied multiple times, so in this case the Gun Devil would qualify.

Speed can be used to find KE when: "The kinetic energy displayed is directly shown to be as a result of speed, or at least heavily implied to be so. Examples would be: A meteor crashing into the ground, as well as a Kaiju moving at full speed."
Moving on to the detractors

Detractor 1:"The calculated kinetic energy value is heavily inconsistent with the rest of the cast in the series." The Gun Devil, as mentioned many times prior in this thread, is the strongest Devil in the Verse barring the Primal Fears, the Horseman, and the Chainsaw Man. Therefore, It having an astronomically higher AP from the other Hybrids is not valid reason for denying it it's KE. Incredibly large leaps in power between top and god tiers of verses are not uncommon and is something that regularly happens in other verses on this wiki (Ex. Naruto in the War arc going from 100 teratons to 44 exatons with Six paths, Ichigo going from 4.4 Exatons to 4.6 Zettafoe,). He was killed by a horseman which has already been established as being above the Gun Devil, as well as being able to contend with the primal fears, so no contradiction there. The Chainsaw Devil no-diffs every single Hybrid at once, and later does it again after being weakened to an extreme degree, only being damaged by Makima, a horseman. No real inconsistencies are present to deny the Gun Devil it's KE so this detractor wouldn't apply.

Detractor 2:"There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation." The Low 7-C calc is just the result of the Gun Devil plowing through the buildings and the surrounding air pressures destruction. There is no instance in which the full kinetic energy of his moving body is imparted onto the environment, he is hovering above the ground and is simply plowing through everything in his way with nothing stopping him. Nothing he impacts can withstand his 7-B levels of force, so there is no destruction calculation that can be made to discredit it's KE. It would be similar to arguing a bullet doesn't have an energy of 500 joules because it pierces through a piece of paper without completely destroying it. The KE in this case is focused in a single direction along the surface area of the Gun Devil so of course it wont showcase 7-B environmental destruction. So this detractor also wouldn't apply.

Now your probably thinking "You just said that nothing withstands his full 7-B Kinetic energy, so why are you trying to make the argument he should scale to the full amount?" It's simple, the Gun Devil has shown the ability to completely halt it's KE in the span of 1 second, which is functionally the same as withstanding his full KE thanks to newtons second law. So in summary the Gun Devils calculation fits the criteria to be valid for a KE calculation with no detractors applying and has shown the ability to withstand it's full KE. This in, my opinion, is enough to justify a full scaling to it's KE with no "possibly" or "likely" attached.

Put me down for Agree.

Yeah not really calculatable off that.
what do you think it is
The above? Like 9-B? Unless he made all of hell dark, I don't recall.
Ok, so from what I can see the Gun Devils feat validity is being called into question due to the Low 7-C damage it caused. This to me seems flawed for a few reasons, but in order to cover every base lets do a breakdown of our current KE feat rules and see how it fares.

Basic Rules
Rule 4: "
Kinetic Energy based on Movement Speed is case by case" The only one that really applies, and the Gun Devil falls into the applies category. The Gun Devils main method of attack is ramming through buildings while hovering above the ground. This is both shown and implied multiple times, so in this case the Gun Devil would qualify.
That's is straight-up false, its main method of attack is guns. I don't think it ever actually actively attacked by ramming someone thinking on it?
It just so happens to cause destruction when moving, because it's like a 30-40m tall demon dude who zips around while gunning down thousands of dudes. Now obviously GD has KE, the issue is its demonstrated KE, and the calced KE, do not add up. And demonstrated takes precedence 99% of the time.

Every scan you just showed, is dozens of thousands, and in one case, millions, of times below the alleged KE value. You actively showed evidence for why he doesn't qualify.

Him hovering above the ground isn't an argument, buildings be buildings, they're tall enough he's making contact with them. Anything 15m+ tall, is hitting his central mass.

Speed can be used to find KE when: "The kinetic energy displayed is directly shown to be as a result of speed, or at least heavily implied to be so. Examples would be: A meteor crashing into the ground, as well as a Kaiju moving at full speed."
Moving on to the detractors
That's a case of it can be calced, that doesn't mean if something about it is off, it can be ignored or handwaved. It still has to make sure not to break any rules.
Detractor 1:"The calculated kinetic energy value is heavily inconsistent with the rest of the cast in the series." The Gun Devil, as mentioned many times prior in this thread, is the strongest Devil in the Verse barring the Primal Fears, the Horseman, and the Chainsaw Man. Therefore, It having an astronomically higher AP from the other Hybrids is not valid reason for denying it it's KE.
That's a major issue dude, when not even the Primals have feats this high except one, which is so ridiculously above GD that it wouldn't corroborate him anyway, every other feat done by GD is tens of thousands of times less, and even Pochita's best on-screen feat, is like 80,000x less.
Incredibly large leaps in power between top and god tiers of verses are not uncommon and is something that regularly happens in other verses on this wiki (Ex. Naruto in the War arc going from 100 teratons to 44 exatons with Six paths, Ichigo going from 4.4 Exatons to 4.6 Zettafoe,).
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the issue is anyway. Big leaps isn't the issue here, like if Pochita next chapter yawned and vaporized an island, there would be no issue, in fact it'd be based af and straightfoward. It's the "how", not the "why".

But if you really want to go a route, they have no corroboration to a jump this big anyway for GD level dudes.
He was killed by a horseman which has already been established as being above the Gun Devil, as well as being able to contend with the primal fears, so no contradiction there. The Chainsaw Devil no-diffs every single Hybrid at once, and later does it again after being weakened to an extreme degree, only being damaged by Makima, a horseman. No real inconsistencies are present to deny the Gun Devil it's KE so this detractor wouldn't apply.
Again, you don't seem to understand what the issue is, and even by your logic, the Horseman level characters best quantifiable feat, is like 80,000x below the alleged KE.

If anything a weaker character whipping out a calc that far beyond anything by those above it, anything by those below it, anything by those on par, anything by itself, and with the very "feat" in question, not even being a feat, but rather extrapolation off other info with the actual feat being done being like 100,000x less.

There's detracting evidence, the lack thereof in and of itself, is a point against.
Detractor 2:"There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation." The Low 7-C calc is just the result of the Gun Devil plowing through the buildings and the surrounding air pressures destruction.
Yes and it's 16,000x less. In a form 5x stronger than the 7-B KE feat. Over the span of 26 seconds. Entirely off-screen.

The fact this is even being used as an argument to support 7-B KE, I don't even know where to begin. The fact it's even being used as a feat, at all, is a tad suspect actually. Like normally we'd at least divide by timeframe if we don't know for sure.
There is no instance in which the full kinetic energy of his moving body is imparted onto the environment,
Except the numerous buildings he plows through by your own admission in the second half of this sentence. Buildings that if hit with 7-B levels of energy, should no longer exist, at all, let alone any collateral shockwaves from such an impact. It'd be like a nuclear bomb, not even hyperbole.
he is hovering above the ground and is simply plowing through everything in his way with nothing stopping him.
Hovering mere feet off the ground isn't an argument as that still means the numerous buildings he's smashing into, he's well, smashing into?

And ignoring how I'm pretty sure that's a bullet being shot, the collateral in that panel is millions and millions of times below the alleged KE being argued.

Couple that with GD applying a constant of momentum to itself, well yeah obviously he's going to smash through stuff, and then keep going? it isn't like he's jumping or being thrown, his movement is a constant and he can keep going or stop at a whim.
Nothing he impacts can withstand his 7-B levels of force,
Except the things that do?
so there is no destruction calculation that can be made to discredit it's KE.
This is blatantly false, any building he makes contact with for starters.
It would be similar to arguing a bullet doesn't have an energy of 500 joules because it pierces through a piece of paper without completely destroying it.
A bullet doesn't have a constant state of momentum, and honestly? A bullet would blow the hell out of a piece of paper, it has enough force behind it, and it's gonna be making a far larger hole than just how big it is. Why do you think strong bullets can blow off limbs despite being small? The amount of force is gonna have a ripple effect. And GD shouldn't be just "knocking stuff over", the buildings he makes contact with should be turned into literal dust, ESPECIALLY because he's bigger than the buildings in some cases.

A better argument would be why a 1x1m bullet with 1,000,000,000 joules of energy, hitting a 1x1m piece of paper dead center, only tore the paper in half, as opposed to atomizing it.
The KE in this case is focused in a single direction along the surface area of the Gun Devil so of course it wont showcase 7-B environmental destruction. So this detractor also wouldn't apply.
It does when he smashes into things just as big as him, and they remain mostly intact comparatively.
Now your probably thinking "You just said that nothing withstands his full 7-B Kinetic energy, so why are you trying to make the argument he should scale to the full amount?" It's simple, the Gun Devil has shown the ability to completely halt it's KE in the span of 1 second, which is functionally the same as withstanding his full KE thanks to newtons second law.
Which was calced at 8-A 🗿
So in summary the Gun Devils calculation fits the criteria to be valid for a KE calculation with no detractors applying and has shown the ability to withstand it's full KE. This in, my opinion, is enough to justify a full scaling to it's KE with no "possibly" or "likely" attached.
And I vehemently disagree.

To give a rundown.

You're ignoring the fact he very well does ram into shit, and said things don't take even 1/100,000,000 the damage they should.

Him hovering isn't an argument when it's mere feet off the ground and any decent building he's smashing directly into.

The 7-C feat is done offscreen, over an unknown amount of time, in an unknown method, in a form 5x stronger than the 7-B calc.

The very 7-B calc shows at best 8-B destruction moment by moment, and a slew of buildings that are just as big as he is, if not taller in one case, one of which is shown directly in his path with a compressed side, which I'd assume means he bashed against it, despite that, it's mostly intact.

Him stopping himself so he scales, shows 8-A destruction, coincidentally GD's best calced showing. And no, him floating isn't an argument, the trees are tall enough to where they'd graze his lower chest, in fact, that very panel is where we get GD's height and mass from, off said trees, they're about 5m taller than what's needed to be smashed, despite this, they were only blown apart with 8-A force, not 7-B.

Him being a top tier, and thus it's ok ignores how it being an outlier ain't the argument, but even if it was, when his best quantifiable showing in this form is 8-A, and his best showing in his peak is low 7-C, and characters above him only have onscreen 8-A feats, if anything you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Gun Devil isn't like a bullet or ball or meteor, those have KE, and exhaust it over time, once they get going they spend it until it's gone. GD is not like that, he can apply constant momentum to himself, it isn't like a bullet that goes through something and keeps going, and because the very fact that bullet kept going means the destruction it caused and energy it spent doing so wasn't enough to cease its momentum. GD is like Superman, he can fly and propel himself at a whim, of course smashing into a building won't stop him, he can just force himself to keep going by means of literal demon magic, thus him smashing through everything on his way isn't a very good argument, it isn't like Pochita flying kicking a dude through a bunch of buildings were all that energy comes from 1 action, we have no idea how much of GD's momentum is spent moment by moment as zips by or if and when it needs to apply force.

GD's calced KE, is quite literally, almost, if not, 100,000x+ above the actual damage that very scene being calced shows, things mostly intact, numerous caveats like his constant momentum, while also being 16,000 his best showing in a stronger form.

I quite simply don't think GD's KE calc is consistent with what his actual movement showcases. Feels like it's breaking the biggest KE rule without anything else to actually support it.

Has anyone actually tried to calc the bullet KE since it's the primary source of attack for the devil.

Also I found a statement showing that the Gun devil was moving so fast it began to burn off pieces of itself, wouldn't that support KE?
Why would it? Nobody is saying GD isn't fast or he completely lacks KE, just that the KE calced and the KE actually demonstrated, do not align.
Plus ablation is far below MHS obtained in the feat. In fact, that opens a huge can of worms involving the feat itself.

Here's a question, do we know for a fact GD's maximum attack range is only 1-1.5km? Or is that just the highest on record in universe?

Why would it? Nobody is saying GD isn't fast or he completely lacks KE, just that the KE calced and the KE actually demonstrated, do not align.
Plus ablation is far below MHS obtained in the feat. In fact, that opens a huge can of worms involving the feat itself.
I mean, tbf we are merely shown small chunks of thre destruction, the largest we visably see is i think 7C, which doesn't account for any destruction not seen within the image
Here's a question, do we know for a fact GD's maximum attack range is only 1-1.5km? Or is that just the highest on record in universe?
idk

I mean, tbf we are merely shown small chunks of thre destruction, the largest we visably see is i think 7C, which doesn't account for any destruction not seen within the image
Lad, the calc implies he's 7-B every moment. "Chunks of the destruction", the panels should just be dust.
Also that isn't true, the 26 second feat at 100%, we get a whole wide shot, which is 16,000x less. And that is 100% not cropped.

We also see in panels destruction after he's zipped by, or dudes watching from afar not being obliterated, aka, it ain't THAT cut off.
His attack range, directly effects the speed and KE. The calc assumes he was seen at 500km away (stated, this is fine), and that his highest known attack range 1.5km, ergo, he covered 498.5km in like a few seconds, thus he's MHS and thus his KE is 7-B.

Now, while that would be fair to assume, given the feat in question, I do wanna ask, do we know for sure that's his max attack range? The longer it is, would directly affect the value for KE obtained as he'd need to move less, and thus would have covered less distance before aiming.

The Gun Devil carries the verse once more by just being huge and fast, I will be discussing who scales to this calc

Note:
Fear Scaling:
As Devils embodying the fear of a concept, the more feared they are, the more powerful they become even a relatively minor boost in fear can immensely boost a devil's overall strength and effects of their abilities, Due to this once a Devil is more feared than another Devil, their AP and Speed surpasses that said devil.

Characters who Upscale from the Gun Devil 100%'s AP to 100 Megatons (Mountain level)
Primordial Devils; These devils have been described as "transcendent" compared normal devils and have never experienced death before due to their immerse power, as they possess names that are feared by nearly every human on the Planet, eg; Falling and Darkness. They have been stated to be far stronger than the likes of "some Gun Devil", a weakened Falling Devil with just her appearance on earth caused gravity fluctuations all around the globe causing nations to suffer from damage and become immensely poorer

The Chainsaw Devil; Is known as the devil that devils fears the most which puts him at a comparable level to the Primordial Devils and far above the Gun Devil, Makima considered a proper fight with Pochita "unwinnable" and needed to resort to heavily depowering him, simultaneously fought both 4 Horsemen & the Weapon Devils while in Hell one of the four horsemen being the Death Devil whom is the strongest Devil with the name most feared of all, Makima planned to use the Chainsaw Devil's power to erase her from existence. Defeated devils that embodied concepts such as nuclear weapons, an in-universe volcano eruption and starlight that would break children's minds showing his extreme superiority to the Gun Devil

Characters who scale to the Gun Devil 100%'s AP
Makima: Makima is the Control Devil; (The devil that embodies the fear of loosing free will) her fear reaches a greater extent due to countries all around the world having fear for Makima and refused to stand in her way of bringing peace, due to this her AP would scale to 85.98 Megatons due to being able to draw blood from the Chainsaw Devil.

Minor Profile fixes and additions;
The Gun Devil (Minor revision);

Quanxi Profile (Complete revision);

Thats all

Agree: @Zabazab, @XxZetsuxX, @Mr._Bambu (Administrator) (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B), @Dalesean027 (Calc Group Member) (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B), @That_moron2 (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B), @Fallen_Angelicx (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B)

Disagree:

Neutral: @Chariot190 (Calc group member) @Maverick_Zero_X (Administrator)
Looks good

(Administrator) (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B), @Dalesean027 (Calc Group Member) (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B), @That_moron2 (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B), @Fallen_Angelicx (Agrees with At least 7-C, possibly 7-B)

Disagree:

Neutral: @Chariot190 (Calc group member) @Maverick_Zero_X (Administrator)
Pretty sure myself, chariot, damage, and bambu are all on disagree with only myself and bambu also being on possibly 7-B but really just put me on full disagree

Lad, the calc implies he's 7-B every moment. "Chunks of the destruction", the panels should just be dust.
fair enough
Also that isn't true, the 26 second feat at 100%, we get a whole wide shot, which is 16,000x less. And that is 100% not cropped.
No it is, we only see the width of the destruction, not the length
We also see in panels destruction after he's zipped by, or dudes watching from afar not being obliterated, aka, it ain't THAT cut off.
I mean, again fair point, and as I said earlier on in the thread, i'm not good via KE feats, but wouldn't the city level destruction only occur if the gun devil smashed onto the planet
His attack range, directly effects the speed and KE. The calc assumes he was seen at 500km away (stated, this is fine), and that his highest known attack range 1.5km, ergo, he covered 498.5km in like a few seconds, thus he's MHS and thus his KE is 7-B.
Aren’t we given a sentence on the sequence of events of its ability activating?
Now, while that would be fair to assume, given the feat in question, I do wanna ask, do we know for sure that's his max attack range? The longer it is, would directly affect the value for KE obtained as he'd need to move less, and thus would have covered less distance before aiming.
I mean, why wouldn’t he be closer to makima, it would be a bit dumb for him snipe further away than his ability range, but I could just be stupid.

Also can’t we get the bullet KE?

No it is, we only see the width of the destruction, not the length
How many times do I need to say that does not matter? This is like 8th time now...

The length? The length is useless, I hope to god the whole nigh-500km is totally demolished, it should be, but this doesn't supprt his KE, it should be totally ravaged even if his KE was like 8-C. He's in a constant state of momentum, of course everything along the path he's moving is gonna be destroyed. This would be like arguing a tank's KE is 8-B because it messed up a road after driving along it for 500km.

And this isn't even true, we have at least two shots of the whole destruction, end to end, both ways.
I mean, again fair point, and as I said earlier on in the thread, i'm not good via KE feats, but wouldn't the city level destruction only occur if the gun devil smashed onto the planet
No? The moment he impacts something that thing should go poof, especially things smaller than him, there'd also be a collateral way beyond what's shown given the smash is 7-B.
Aren’t we given a sentence on the sequence of events of its ability activating?
We are only told he started 500km away, we are not told when he stopped.
I mean, why wouldn’t he be closer to makima, it would be a bit dumb for him snipe further away than his ability range, but I could just be stupid.
And I'm saying what even IS his ability range, it'd make sense for him to begin attacking at the furthest distance it possibly could given, ya know, guns. He evidently stopped as soon as he got into range.
Also can’t we get the bullet KE?
We could, but that'd be even worse given we do see a bullet impact the ground directly, and the dude not even 15f away isn't dusted.

Last edited:
That's not true, that panel is only a small portion of the total damage the Gun Devil caused in Japan, which is what the narration is referencing when saying how long he hit it for. It is not just that damage that was done over 26 seconds.

That's not true, that panel is only a small portion of the total damage the Gun Devil caused in Japan, which is what the narration is referencing when saying how long he hit it for. It is not just that damage that was done over 26 seconds.
Well aware, except how much was the rest?

How long did they take? How much of the 26 seconds did that take? And like it or not we see a good chunk of the destruction in the scene, and the total width of it mind you (While 5x larger, which pretty much all but tells as the destructin in the 20% panels is what we see, is what we get).

How did he cause it? Was it moving around? Was it him unleashing a hail of gunfire? Both even? Was it one attack/action? And the "well 26 seconds wasn't spent doing all that", how do we even know? How much time was spent doing that as opposed to the alleged rest of Japan he apparently went across?

The reason best not be the kill count listed, he obliterated what looks a chunk of like a major city (wit bldings flattened, not even pulved) of course tens of thousands of dudes are going to be killed from that panel alone, if 50k was spread over the course of 26 seconds, and you're assuming that panel shown was but a moment, his kill count would have been in the millions not 50k. The fact we're shown a panel where an easy 10k would have died, with a total count of 50k+, with a 26m timeframe... Idk man it don't add up. Definitely wasn't the full 26 seconds, but it sure don't look like it was an instant. That's assuming his kill count was just moving btw, if he used his guns to kill dudes, which we know he does, it'd be even less.

I want answer for all of these, otherwise, that feat has issues, let alone being used to support KE.

How many times do I need to say that does not matter? This is like 8th time now...
You never mentioned length, maybe to someone else but certainly not me
And this isn't even true, we have at least two shots of the whole destruction, end to end, both ways.
Scans
No? The moment he impacts something that thing should go poof, especially things smaller than him, there'd also be a collateral way beyond what's shown given the smash is 7-B.
Kk
We are only told he started 500km away, we are not told when he stopped.

And I'm saying what even IS his ability range, it'd make sense for him to begin attacking at the furthest distance it possibly could given, ya know, guns. He evidently stopped as soon as he got into range.
Shouldn’t we just use the range given to us, we aren’t give a higher range than that . Also I think we are given a statement of him travelling from the coast to wherever makima was which was 500km away I think.

Could be misremembering

Edit: I looked at the scans again, I was wrong

Last edited:
You never mentioned length, maybe to someone else but certainly not me
Read the thread through, I should not have to repeat the exact same thing a dozen times over. Once or twice ok, but come on, I've explained as much in detail numerous times. At this point it doesn't matter who I said it toward, it's been said beyond enough times that even reading 1/4th of the thread would be enough know we've been there and done that.
In this very thread, like at least 5 times...

Also, the very fact we see any diameter, is an issue, I'm not sure why everyone thinks it'd be just some sort of cone, not how impacts at such a speed work.
Shouldn’t we just use the range given to us, we aren’t give a higher range than that . Also I think we are given a statement of him travelling from the coast to wherever makima was which was 500km away I think.
Makima seen him 500km away, he zipped along, and then stopped, we have no idea WHEN he stopped though.

And yeah, you'd be right, usually that is the safe option, but we're on page 4, going on 5, of funny KE go brrr with argument bordering on a reach, or just straight up not how it's supposed to work, and when the very calc is a disprportionate amount above the display, and is based on an extrapolation, that in and of iself is based on a high-end based on a presumption....

At this point, I want evidence the 7-C feat being used as KE support is even done by KE, let alone the timeframe of it 🗿

Read the thread through, I should not have to repeat the exact same thing a dozen times over. Once or twice ok, but come on, I've explained as much in detail numerous times. At this point it doesn't matter who I said it toward, it's been said beyond enough times that even reading 1/4th of the thread would be enough know we've been there and done that.
Okay, but like I cba to read a 4 page thread
Also, the very fact we see any diameter, is an issue, I'm not sure why everyone thinks it'd be just some sort of cone, not how impacts at such a speed work.
imma be honest while your right, i'm 99% sure that it's not supposed to be drawn to scale like most feats and if the gun devil was there he'd be smaller than half the buildings lol
Makima seen him 500km away, he zipped along, and then stopped, we have no idea WHEN he stopped though.
And yeah, you'd be right, usually that is the safe option, but we're on page 4, going on 5, of funny KE go brrr with argument bordering on a reach, or just straight up not how it's supposed to work, and when the very calc is a disprportionate amount above the display, and is based on an extrapolation, that in and of iself is based on a high-end based on a presumption....
I'm off the belief that the 1.5km distance is accurate, since even when he was attacking makima, it seemed that was the max he could could seem to reach and actively had to move towards makima.
At this point, I want evidence the 7-C feat being used as KE support is even done by KE, let alone the timeframe of it 🗿
True.

Imma leave it to the csm experts cause from reading the actual chapters, the only thing I can add is that Makima has a nice rack ngl

Okay, but like I cba to read a 4 page thread
You don't have to, even the last page would've been enough.
imma be honest while your right, i'm 99% sure that it's not supposed to be drawn to scale like most feats
Literally what? If it isn't drawn to scale, it shouldn't even be calced. Feat bad, unreliable, throw it out. This makes zero sense as an argument.
and if the gun devil was there he'd be smaller than half the buildings lol
Yes? Meaning he's making direct impact with them. That isn't a good thing.
I'm off the belief that the 1.5km distance is accurate, since even when he was attacking makima, it seemed that was the max he could could seem to reach and actively had to move towards makima.
1.5km isn't stated in that scene. it's taken from a different scene saying he was observed attacking 1.5km away.
Imma leave it to the csm experts cause from reading the actual chapters, the only thing I can add is that Makima has a nice rack ngl
She probably pads.

You don't have to, even the last page would've been enough.
Again, cannot be asked
Literally what? If it isn't drawn to scale, it shouldn't even be calced. Feat bad, unreliable, throw it out. This makes zero sense as an argument.
It wasn’t an argument, It’s a joke about artists not realising how strong they actually draw things, i could have worded it better
Yes? Meaning he's making direct impact with them. That isn't a good thing.
This was another joke about character size's being inconsistent in fiction. I already conceded.
1.5km isn't stated in that scene. it's taken from a different scene saying he was observed attacking 1.5km away.
1.5km was the ability activation of killing all the children in a 1.5km radius and all the adults in a 1km radius (imagine a parent carrying their newborn outta the hospital 1.5km away), its stated in the previous chapter I believe but happens in the same sequence of events, essentially goes like this

Gun devil spawns in and kills a bunch of kids within 1.5km> Gun devil travels to makima > makima sees him 500km away > Gun devil kills everyone in a 1km radius > Gun devil stops and then shoots makima > makima then does what gojo was supposed to do, which is ressurect and win. We aren't given a confirmed distance from makima, but considering all of the ability activations being stated to be around 1 km, its probably the best distance to assume that
She probably pads.
Biggest L in this thread so far ngl

It was brought to my attention that if you account for inverse square law for this feat, It might give results that support the K.E or surpass it, if so this would change things since we actually see it happen and have proof for it, Id say its worth a shot at re-calcing at the very least

It was brought to my attention that if you account for inverse square law for this feat, It might give results that support the K.E or surpass it, if so this would change things since we actually see it happen and have proof for it, Id say its worth a shot at re-calcing at the very least
Whoever told you that is objectively wrong.
Those trees are 20m tall, it's how we got his height to begin with. GD's central mass is less than 17m above ground level in that very panel.
A better question would be, why did the trees only get parted at the edges instead of dusted? He made direct contact with them.

And as for the ground, ignoring the crater is inflated in depth in that calc (which you can easily tell by just looking, at the very tree his height is scaled off, extends into the crater's depth, as in, a good chunk of what is assumed to be "crater", is actually just basic ground level), his ammo cases are all but touching the bottom of the crater, meaning, what ISL? It wasn't air pressure that did that, if we're going with that being an actual crater, the fact a bit of him is in it means direct contact was made, so what's there to ISL off of?

Lastly, that wouldn't validate the KE calc, the KE has issues regardless of what feats they have, GD could have a 6-C feat, it would not make the 7-B KE anymore ok, at that point just use the 6-C feat.
Plus ISL is how we get 8-A King Crimson or 5-C Deku

Whoever told you that is objectively wrong.
Those trees are 20m tall, it's how we got his height to begin with. GD's central mass is less than 17m above ground level in that very panel.
A better question would be, why did the trees only get parted at the edges instead of dusted? He made direct contact with them.

And as for the ground, ignoring the crater is inflated in depth in that calc (which you can easily tell by just looking, at the very tree his height is scaled off, extends into the crater's depth, as in, a good chunk of what is assumed to be "crater", is actually just basic ground level), his ammo cases are all but touching the bottom of the crater, meaning, what ISL? It wasn't air pressure that did that, if we're going with that being an actual crater, the fact a bit of him is in it means direct contact was made, so what's there to ISL off of?

Lastly, that wouldn't validate the KE calc, the KE has issues regardless of what feats they have, GD could have a 6-C feat, it would not make the 7-B KE anymore ok, at that point just use the 6-C feat.
Plus ISL is how we get 8-A King Crimson or 5-C Deku
I heard that it could still be upgraded tho, and imo it looks somewhere around low 7-C - 7-C, if it does yield higher results than the current 8 Kiloton calc we should just replace it with that and close this thread since the K.E for the GD has too much issues to be used for an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back