• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A skeleton sorcerer fights a squid sorcerer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well please re-add me to Incon since I notice people took down my vote because 'haha'.

"Aformentioned Stasis Spell"

You mean this one? I mean, the fact that it's classified as a transmutation spell doesn't really lend credence to your argument. You're going to have to explain how it works more in-detail because many of the descriptions I'm reading from it right now are not at all how timestop works. Body functions "Virtually" ceasing is not timestop, as Body Functions don't "Virtually" cease; real Timestops flat out justs stops all functions period.

"A boatload of simple ones that offer enhanced speed via acting faster (heightened time)- Haste, Hustle, Knight's Move, and so on"

None of which is on the level of Timestop, so...

"Slow, which is the same as stopping time except less effective. Luckily this is a low-tier spell."

For gods sake, resisting Time Slow is literally infinitely weaker than Timestop. Not a good resistance feat. Even if someone had 99.99999999999999999999% Time Slow, Time Stop is INFINITELY stronger.

"Aging Touch, which speeds up time for the target and causes them to take "age damage". There are several others like this, too."

Again, Time Speed Up and Time Slow Down are infinitely weaker than flat out Time Stop.

"And finally. Mind Flayer can read minds. As a thought. If Ainz does open with the stuff you say he does (I doubt it, I feel as though this is being bent in his favor because who honestly cares), MF can do the same. Read thoughts."

Reading minds means, honestly nothing here since what can Flayer do? Seriously!

Flayer reads Ainz' mind, sees Ainz is casting Discern Enemy and about to do timestop. What then? Ainz isn't going to actively think "He's going to kill me in one hit, but I have revival items! Mu ha ha ha!". So mind reading is actually just worth nothing here.

I can source all of my information if you want.

Time Resistance is essential in PvP. Meaning Timestop resistance is nothing new for avid PvPers such as Ainz

I can't find the link for this since it isn't in the anime, but Ainz also uses timestop on Foresight (The Worker group) even though they were a complete non-threat just to drive home that Timestop is a normal thing he uses in combat.

Ainz came to recruit these guys but after humouring the troll and learning more about their biology, along with some slight torment from said biology lesson, killed them all immediately after her got serious. This is against fodder that can't even budge him.

The first spell he tries out is his favourite one; Grasp Heart. It's instant death and even if it fails, it stupefys the enemy. Perfect for PvP. Stupefy is different from stun since stupefy is basically stunning for the mind; unable to think properly. Same effect in the game though.

In all of these scenarios, Ainz already did previous information scrying and knew for a fact that literally nobody would ever be a threat to him.

Akreious said:
I can't find the link for this since it isn't in the anime, but Ainz also uses timestop on Foresight (The Worker group) even though they were a complete non-threat just to drive home that Timestop is a normal thing he uses in combat.
Its in the anime he just doesn't say it because Ainz just thinks it to use it. And we are shown from the persepective of Foresight, he did use it in the anime though. Look at the part where he reappears behind the elf archer. Thats time stop there. Thats the same moment he uses it in the light novel as well.

> Classified as transmutation

Yeah. And healing is classified as Necromancy. Surprisingly there isn't a Time magic category.

To explain how it works. You are put into temporal stasis. The body stops functioning for that time as time is no longer functioning on you. You are literally timestopped. And that can be resisted. It's not like mindhax where "oh you can hax more people and thus are stronger". Time isn't like that. Temporal Stasis stops time for one target. All you need to know.

Yes. It is weaker. Just giving examples. The main point that you continue to ignore is the temporal stasis thing.

> means they can do nothing

kek didn't even read my comment I assume

Also. what? You're posting time resistance for... Ainz? Who cares? This isn't relevant man move on. The point is Mind Flayer resists it.

oof.

"To explain how it works. You are put into temporal stasis. The body stops functioning for that time as time is no longer functioning on you. You are literally timestopped. And that can be resisted. It's not like mindhax where "oh you can hax more people and thus are stronger". Time isn't like that. Temporal Stasis stops time for one target. All you need to know."

You can't just say "That's all you need to know. It just works like that" without people calling you out on it man. With the very contradicting description (Virtually means "Almost". Almost ceasing all body functions is NOT timestop).

"Yes. It is weaker. Just giving examples. The main point that you continue to ignore is the temporal stasis thing."

No. I am not. What? An entire paragraph in my response was dedicated to Temporal Stasis alone.

"kek didn't even read my comment I assume"

... Really? You reply to me with basically "That's just how it works" and you say that I don't even read your comments?

"Also. what? You're posting time resistance for... Ainz? Who cares? This isn't relevant man move on. The point is Mind Flayer resists it. "

You know what, fine. I'll just ignore that the very description of Temporal Stasis contradicts itself with the "Virtually" in there, but whatever. Point is, Ainz wins with or without timestop.

"oof. "

Not condescending at aaaaaaallllll man. \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/

Kek

"this says its time stop, does a time stop thing, but I want more proof because reasons"

my guy

(this is literally the only part of this comment I have to deal with since the rest of this is fluff or trying to be snide lol)

I mean, Ainz's time stop evidently works on more than one person, and the fact that there are several proof that it actually is stopping time.

The "stasis spell" could be some high-end Biological Manipulation or Matter Manipulation for all we know (like Piper Halliwell from Charmed, where she can freeze the target's movements through immobilising their molecules. It may look similar to stopping the time of the target, but it's not as Matter Manipulation is different from Time Manipulation). It doesn't help that there's a contradiction being pointed out that it virtually stops all functions. The word "temporal" in the name could just be some flashy word in a name, especially if there's no context behind it to prove that it actually involves Time Manipulation after all (like Rayne from BloodRayne, who has the ability called Freeze Time, when the context behind it proves that it doesn't actually freeze time nor involve Time Manipulation like time stop, but is actually just increasing her speed and slowing down her perception of time).

However, it doesn't seem to matter much as Ainz seems to have more ways to win based on the arguments above, without timestop needed.

Anyways, Ainz for reasons above.

This can be closed, sure, but using Temporal Repair just means they die to an instant death instead.

Any spell-based protection spells from something Ainz can do first requires them to start with it (Hard to cast Temporal Repair in stopped time) and knowing that Ainz has it. And, whatever it is, Aiz will just hax with something else.

Still giving this to Ainz because it's still a one-shot fight, except Ainz has a higher chance of winning due to the Mind Flayer losing if they cast basically anything except Wish first.

It more or less comes down like this.

Ainz casts Death, Mind Flayer casts Wish, incon. Ainz casts another hax spell, Mind Flayer cats Wish, incon favoring Mind Flayer (They are more likely to cast first) Ainz casts Death, Mind Flayer casts anything else (Sunburst, Temporal Repair, etc), Ainz wins. Ainz casts another hax spell, Mind Flayer casts anything else (Sunburst, Temporal Repair, etc), Ainz wins.

This isn't perfect but I find it more likely that Ainz gets his hax off before Mind Flayer gets theirs. As Mind Flayers don't have much of a reputation for leading with Wish, it's a safe assumption.

>This can be closed, sure, but using Temporal Repair just means they die to an instant death instead.

They resist Instant Death Hax and has Spell Resistance.

>Any spell-based protection spells from something Ainz can do first requires them to start with it (Hard to cast Temporal Repair in stopped time) and knowing that Ainz has it. And, whatever it is, Aiz will just hax with something else.

Gonna be hard to cast Stop Time first since the Mind Flayer has higher reactions and would go first because of it.

>Ainz has a higher chance of winning.

You just went over 4 different scenarios and in it, Flayer won 2 and Ainz won 2, that's 50%. Ainz literally doesn't have a higher chance of winning, it's 50% both aways, if Wish is cast Ainz loses, if Ainz gets off Death hax AND succeeds in getting past Flayers resistance and Spell Resistance, Ainz wins.

>Other spells

I already went over why the Mind Flayer would go for Wish against a Lich. Stop bringing up 6th tier spells, I already went over them.

>This isn't perfect but I find it more likely that Ainz gets his hax off before Mind Flayer gets theirs. As Mind Flayers don't have much of a reputation for leading with Wish, it's a safe assumption.

No, Mind Flayer has High Hypersonic reactions to Ainz' Hypersonic speed and Reactions, Mind Flayer reacts first, by quite a bit. Mind Flayer consistantly goes first.

Spell resistance isn't high enough and their instant death resistance has to be cast. If cast, Ainz just nukes them a different way.

And I explained multiple times why going for Wish first is out of character and unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back