• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Summary

Hey guys, as the resident Dungeons and Dragons voodoo man, I figure this would be fun-ish. So, let me explain the idea of the thread:

Basically, pick a character in the tier range of 9-B to 7-B. This character is dropped in front of a randomly generated dungeon in Faeru. Their goal is simple- reach the end, kill the Big Bad Evil Guy. Some rules below.

Rules

• The character has any equipment they normally have- any equipment deemed "magical" is considered to be at least +1 for the purposes of hitting enemies that need magic to be hit (Abstracts and such). Scientific armaments are not magical.
  • Any incredibly powerful supernatural abilities have limited usage "per day" (meaning once/twice/etc per trek through the dungeon). The character is aware of this.
  • Summons are restricted to those possible within D&D- if they have a summon without a direct equivalent in D&D, a swap can be made.
  • Incapacitation is fine for all except the Big Bad Evil Guys. These "boss fights" have to be fully killed one way or another. Normal enemies can be bypassed if needed, the only objective is to kill the Big Bads.
  • Enemies are encountered in groups of 1-4 at random unless stated otherwise.
  • Characters receive standard D&D resistances appropriate for their AP.
  • Characters keep their speed. Speed is unequalized but in a weird way. Characters have a normal Reflex save for their AP- meaning their ability to dodge is separate from their ability to move around the map (basically game mechanics apply). However! Your character can still move around at super high speed (up to 10x faster than a normal creature, just to prevent ridiculousness).
  • You can enter a "party" of characters from the same verse. Up to 4 characters can be added as a single dungeon-wiping entity.
  • Each character is at least somewhat aware of the mechanics and is fully aware of their goal to kill all the BBEGs (though not of the abilities and strengths of BBEGs before they meet them). Specifically- characters know their special powers now have limited use, they are aware that their magical abilities can now affect abstracts/intangibles/etc, and they're aware of general monster information.
The Gauntlet
The dungeon itself is five floors. Each floor has a Big Bad Evil Guy, each of which must be killed for the character to successfully "win" the gauntlet.

In order...

• Floor 1 is populated with 25 Goblins of varying races, at least one of which is a Nilbog. The "boss" is an Ogre Mage with two imp minions. For each summon that dies, 2 Carrion Crawlers show up in the dungeon to be fought just before the proverbial boss fight. For killing the boss, the character receives a +1 weapon as non-standard equipment. The weapon can take any singular form desired.
  • Floor 2 is populated with 10 Ghasts, 2 Allips, a Chuul, and his Aboleth master. The BBEG of the area is a Mind Flayer sorcerer (8-C key) guarded by two Chaos Beasts. As a reward for killing the Mind Flayer, the given character receives a Gem of True Seeing (They can see through illusions, invisibility, shapeshifting, etc).
  • Floor 3 is populated almost exclusively by 10 Kuo-Toa archpriests, all preparing a ritual to summon a demon to assist them. Unlike other floors, all 10 enemies are in the same area and will attack all at the same time. The Big Bad shows up immediately following their death- a High 8-C Cambio. If the cambion is killed, the character receives yet another gem. When broken, the gem will summon a High 8-C elemental summon.
  • Floor 4 is largely populated with 16 Barbed Devils and a single Horned Devil (the Horned Devil is always defended by a pair of Barbed Devils). Additionally, 4 TGreater Doppelgangers appear as allies and friends of the character from their verse. If trusted, and if for whatever reason the character doesn't use the Gem of True Seeing, the doppelgangers will attempt to kill the character as they find the Big Bad. The Big Bad of the floor is Lord Soth, and his throne is hidden behind one of two dozen illusory walls of the dungeon. If this succeeds, the characters get a single wish- this wish can be used in any way with the exception of instantly defeating any BBEG.
  • The fifth and final floor is populated with a selection of BBEGs and nothing else. Five initial ones, all Low 7-B- Vargo Kent, Aerisi Kalinoth, Vladmir Horngaard, an Elder Brai, and none other than Drizzt Do'Urde- each is in their own chamber, alone. The final boss emerges in a central chamber once all five are defeated- Soneillon the Whispering Quee appears alongside two Balor attendants (both Low 7-B). Unlike other BBEGs, the character may simply incapacitate Soneillon- killing her is not required.
So! Who wins? What characters would be able to succeed in this dungeon? Respond below, I may expand on this idea later. If your character doesn't get far, what floors can they beat?

The Characters

• Mile: Clears floor one, 50/50 on whether she clears floor 2, likely falls victim to the Mind Flayer Sorcerer.
  • Announcer: Clears due to Plot Manip.
  • Ren Amamiya: Absolutely clears the first two floors thanks to spamming spells a lot, accelerated development assists in arguably reaching the end of Floor 4, where he ostensibly stops due in part to Horned Devil and Lord Soth.
  • Sayaka Miki
  • Super Monkey
  • Orikan the Diviner: Very likely clears the dungeon, though it is questionable if he can outlive the undead such as Soth. Tenatively can use his time abilities to rinse everyone prior to the Death Knight, arguably can defeat Soth by right of outsmarting him and survive until Floor 5, at which point he can no longer simply outlive anything and falls short of victory.
  • Glaistig Uaine
  • The Simurgh
  • Khonsu
  • Henry Stickmi
  • Sans
  • The Player (Pixel Gun 3D)
  • Zim
  • Kadabra
  • Hajime Hinata
  • Virgilia
  • Satou Kazuma
  • Maxwell
  • Dante/Nero/Trish/Vergil
  • Sapphire/Peridot: Likely reaches Floor 3 and delves well into Floor 4, however both are wildly beat up by soul damage, insanity, and shifting moral compasses due to demon interaction. There's a good chance Peridot dies to the Cambion of floor 3, but even assuming this isn't the case, the two have little to no chance of defeating Soth and his Horned Devil when lacking the advantage of AP and intelligence (as well as both of them being in moderate states of insane).
  • Slifer the Sky Drago
  • Salamo
  • Machoke/Kadabra/Cryogonal/Haunter
  • Tsumemo: Likely clears Floor 1 thanks to odd abilities, but lacks the raw AP to clear later floors.
  • Void Knight: Succeeds tenatively until Floor 3, at which point it has about a 50% chance to win in a 1v1 vs the Cambion. It absolutely loses to most things on Floor 4.
  • Baroque: Succeeds almost certainly until Floor 4 at which point it is killed instantly.
  • Shalltear Bloodfalle/Ainz Ooal Gow/Demiurge/Cure Elim Los Malvar: Rinses almost all enemies until Soth with relative ease. Soth proves too survivable to overcome with ease and his puzzle too difficult to pass. While it is feasible they could collectively clear Lord Soth, there is no possibility where they clear the dungeon.
  • March: Clears much of the dungeon thanks to Physics Manipulation, fails to clear Lord Soth and dies on Floor 4.
  • Zhong Yue: Likely clears all first four floors thanks to insane intelligence, and can clear Drizzt and Horngaard with little issue. Falls victim to either Elder Brain, Kent, or Soneillon.
  • Firey/Puffball/Gelati/Robot Flower: Easily clears floor 1 an 2 thanks to massive speed advantage and a handful of abilities (mainly freezing the Aboleth).
  • Castiel/Dean Winchester/Sam Winchester/Crowley: Sam likely dies by floor 2 or 3, Crowley by 4, Dean and Castiel survive until Floor 5 at which point they hit a wall immediately after clearing Soth. The pair lack the firepower to overcome most of the BBEGs of the area.

I'll bite, & see if maybe throwing this 12 year old girl will get her a mile into the dungeon. Or maybe she'll just do "average". ;) Have fun!

Jackythejack said:
I mean most 9-Bs probably won't make it that far right?
Very true! I'm more interested in who makes it how far.

So we're meant to see how far we go I'm assuming. I don't know D&D shit all that well so I'm afraid of being wrong. But I heavily enjoy this idea

Imaginym said:
I'll bite, & see if maybe throwing this 12 year old girl will get her a mile into the dungeon. Or maybe she'll just do "average". ;) Have fun!
Well...

Having 8-C attacks early on would allow her to rinse, let's say that's a 3/day thing. Her weapon ostensibly isn't magic but it is made of powerful materials, which isn't bad. Her magic abilities can still affect outsiders and incorporeals and the like. Assuming all of her abilities are finite use, she would be able to clear floor 1 with relative ease. I don't think she manages to clear floor 2 and likely is defeated when coming into contact with an Allip or Aboleth.

Jackythejack said:
So we're meant to see how far we go I'm assuming. I don't know D&D shit all that well so I'm afraid of being wrong. But I heavily enjoy this idea
Correct, this is just to see how far characters manage to go in a fairly default D&D environment, ranging from base to high level play.

Do Devils correspond to the Law section of the multiversal scale? I fee like they do but confirmation would be nice.

Hl3 or bust said:
Do Devils correspond to the Law section of the multiversal scale? I fee like they do but confirmation would be nice.
Yes, but that's massively less notable in a D&D campaign setting where most creatures contribute to the scale. Their effects are basically massively gimped thanks to being balanced out.

Hl3 or bust said:
Does that even really do anything for most Devils anyways?
It can do a lot but for lesser devils, no. Since, like I said, in D&D world they sorta get negged by every other creature in existence.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
And how many characters are we allowed to pick? Just one? Because if so, I'd also like to use Dante (Devil May Cry).
One at a time! But you can enter new characters as many times as you want.

Had a feeling

I'm asking because the Baroque gets memed on by law and order because it makes their passives affect less

Hl3 or bust said:
Had a feeling
I'm asking because the Baroque gets memed on by law and order because it makes their passives affect less
Dunno who that is but if you wanna throw them in, go nuts.

Mr. Bambu said:
Imaginym said:
Well...
Having 8-C attacks early on would allow her to rinse, let's say that's a 3/day thing. Her weapon ostensibly isn't magic but it is made of powerful materials, which isn't bad. Her magic abilities can still affect outsiders and incorporeals and the like. Assuming all of her abilities are finite use, she would be able to clear floor 1 with relative ease. I don't think she manages to clear floor 2 and likely is defeated when coming into contact with an Allip or Aboleth.
I guess Power Mimicry on sight wouldn't save her. (Also, where are the Aboleth's resistances?)

Let's see how monsters handle the Dungeons & Dragons. Kadabra was already suggested, & most Pokemon that low-tiered aren't very haxed anyway, so.... Something from a manga that's both a monster AND a God! Will this one even fit?

Also, a second entrant: Whether you have this cool cat with the other monster as a "party" of sorts or not, either way's fine. But apparently, they must go without their Holy Ring because they're 6-B otherwise.

Hl3 or bust said:
aight
spanish weeb D&D vs D&D

there's several jokes that can be made here and I can think of none of them
what character

@Imaginym all resistances on the pages are basically just what they have huge resistance to, as in, nigh-unpassable in verse or a resistance that isn't normally offered; all characters still share standard resistances that we just haven't really added to pages

Ahhh, okay. So anything I see resistance to on another D&D monster page, Aboleth probably resists as well?

Also, while I'm at it, let's toss in Machoke ; Where Kadabra has hax, Machoke has all Machop's martial arts, the insane stamina, the crazy strength that gets crazier without its belt, plus that lifting power & tier.

Feel free to add it to a "party" with the other two monsters I mentioned, if you're already thinking about something like that.

Imaginym said:
Ahhh, okay. So anything I see resistance to on another D&D monster page, Aboleth probably resists as well?
Also, while I'm at it, let's toss in Machoke ; Where Kadabra has hax, Machoke has all Machop's martial arts, the insane stamina, the crazy strength that gets crazier without its belt, plus that lifting power & tier.

Feel free to add it to a "party" with the other two monsters I mentioned, if you're already thinking about something like that.
The list of stuff is incomplete, if you have a question about somethign specific I can answer it. Also, if you want to add a party, I'll say that's fine and add a rule regarding it real quick.

@Milky I'd like if you write it yourselves, yeah. It's just a scenario to run through to see how a character you dig fares in D&D. If you'd rather not, I'll do it. Matches aren't needed but you can do it if you want, up to you.

@Ogbun Added, added.

The Siberia: Manton has a van so 9-B via KE

Well, people don't seem to resist Physics Manipulation, so...

Manton himself is going to want to not fight at all, which works out because The Siberian can be projected quite far. Nothing on Floor 1 can damage Siberian and they all get torn apart, with Siberian being able to extend her effect to the +1 weapon dropped after shredding the Ogre Lord to hit the weird abstracts.

Floor 2 seems to be much of the same. A blanket immunity to powers combined with Siberian being able to be respawned at will due to just being a projection renders a lot of the hax moot, and with the +1 weapon from earlier the abstracts aren't an issue. Manton doesn't even enter the floor to do this because Siberian projection range.

Floor 3 also seems to be Siberian'd, unless dudes respawn on the earlier floors and take Manton out or something. I'm not seeing negation style effects pop up yet and don't think they'd work anyways, since Hatchet Face was in the S9 with Siberian and everyone thought it was just Siberian and not Siberian and Manton.

Floor 4: High-Mid may cause issues with actually killing things from this point on, but it's fine because Soth doesn't have High-Mid. He does have Type 8 so Siberian can't keep him dead, so she'd stop there I guess. Mind you she isn't even in danger herself it's just stopping on a technicality. Rip lol

Khonsu and Simurgh are too durable so I just won't do them. Either March or Glaistig Uaine would be next.

@Wok No to the van, get better skrub.

@00potato No Tier 1 haxes, yeah. This is for normal characters to take some shots at D&D.

@Tony Thanks, was fond of the idea too.

Back