• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord CRT: More stuff to add and fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apeironaxim

He/Him
Nazarick:

Let's change Ainz's tier section to be a little cleaner

Tier: At least 9-A physically, Low 7-C with magic, higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, Low 7-C physically with Perfect Warrior, Unknown with Wish Upon A Star, Unknown with access to Nazarick's Treasury

To:
Tier: Low 7-C, higher with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. Unknown with Wish Upon A Star. Unknown with access to Nazarick's treasury

As Ainz rarely uses his physicals, I think it's both accurate and better looking on the profile to keep his physicals in his Striking Strength, rather than also having them invade his Tier and AP sections.

Speaking of his Striking Strength, it could also use some additions to the justifications to help it look better. Here's what I had in mind:
Striking Strength: At least Small Building Class (His strikes can one-shot Mithril rank adventurers like Hekkeran. Completely outclasses warriors like Gazef and Brain Unglaus. Casually crushed Clementine to death with his bare arms, and would have dealt fatal damage to her if one of his strikes connected). Small Town Class with Perfect Warrior (Perfect Warrior converts his magic caster levels into warrior levels, allowing his physical stats to surpass Shalltear's due to her not being a pure warrior)

Add Ainz nullifying attacks from lvl 60 beings and below and being immune to Piercing Damage in his Invulnaerability
“[High-Tier Physical Immunity] — a passive skill that negates the attacks of weapons with low data content and low-tier monsters’ attacks. It only protects against attacks of up to level sixty — in other words, attacks above level sixty can harm me.
“[Perfect Unknowable].”
Ainz, now an unknown, came out of the shadow of his tank, the Doom Lord, to circle around them. Suddenly, the katana flew towards him at a speed he could not dodge. It pierced through his robe at the abdomen region.
He did not take any damage due to his immunity to piercing damage, but Ainz still scuttled behind the Doom Lord’s figure. The katana, suspended mid-air, then began to slash towards the Doom Lord instead.

Everything listed there applies to Ainz's spell, Perfect Unknowable, which makes him invisible and removes physical traces of himself such as smell and sound, so it should all just go under as a justification for his Invisibility, like this: "Invisibility (Can use Complete Invisibility, as well as Perfect Unknowable, which also removes one's traces and sound)"

Reality Slash could use a better justification then its current "It ignores conventional durability", so my fix is "Durability Negation (Reality Slash cleaves through the fabric of space while also ignoring magical defenses)"

Shalltear should get Type 1 Corruption for being able to turn others into Lesser Vampires
“…For the most part, they’ll become my slaves after I drain their blood, which should make things simple. Besides, we don’t need to bring them back alive.
Ainz-sama brought it up before as well. Also, I will definitely keep my [Blood Frenzy] under control.”
Vampires were a species which could drain a victim’s blood and turn them into perfectly loyal minions. Most Vampires could only create unintelligent Lesser Vampires in this way, but the Vampires which Shalltear could make had nearly as much intelligence as a normal human.

Narberal should get resistance to mind manip
The Orb of Death was an impressive name, but it was hardly outstanding.
It aided in controlling the undead, and it could cast several different necromantic spells every day, but none of those appealed to Ainz. It also had the drawback of mentally dominating humans who held it, although Ainz and Narberal — who possessed defenses against mind-affecting effects — were immune, as were demi-humans or heteromorphic creatures.

Evil Lord Wrath has a part in his P&A that says "Can cast random spells up to the 8th tier" from his ability Soul Bought Miracle, but that's wrong
The Evil Lord jumped over, hot on Ainz’s heels, and his line of sight was most definitely tracking Ainz’s flight path.
…The Evil Lord of Wrath shouldn’t have the ability to see through it… Ah, he used it! His trump card, [Soul-Bought Miracle]!
Inspired by stories of selling one’s soul to the devil to fulfill one’s wishes, this ability was truly miraculous. While he was not sure how the procedure worked, once one used this ability, one could use any one spell of under the eighth tier once.
Normally, when Evil Lords used this ability, they would almost always use healing spells ― that was an unwritten rule. However, this time he had probably used a spell to see through [Perfect Unknowable].
As you can see here, Evil Lord Wrath can choose which 8th tier spell he will cast after using Soul Bought Miracle, it's not random at all

New World:

Cure Elim should get the World Item resistances as well, as the Theocracy was confident their World Item would not work on Platinum Dragon Lord, as he had Wild Magic, which Cure has as well
“The power of the gods, Downfall of Castle and Country, will probably not work on that fellow who can use Wild Magic, unlike with the Catastrophe Dragon Lord. How about using it on the Sorcerer King?”

Evileye should get Resistance Negation for her spell Resist Weakening, which she used to weaken Lakyus's resistance so she could use Charm Person on her. Lakyus would also get Resistance to Resistance Negation due to resisting the first attempt.
Confused, groveling, and saddened. Pain was not the only thing conveyed through Lakyus’ expression, what stood out amongst them all was her inability to understand what was happening at all. Evileye casted a spell at her.
“I get it. [Resist Weakening] …No use. She resisted it.”
“What even.”
Gagaran landed yet another hit on Lakyus’ belly, the part of her body that she had minimized her own stature to protect, like a turtle retreating into its shell.
Tia took out a new needle and stabbed it into Lakyus without any hesitation.
“[Resist Weakening]… alright. Now then — [Charm Person]. Done. Good job, you two. We did it.”

Climb should get Supernatural Willpower or Resistance to Fear hax, as thinking about Renner in that classic shonen-type moment of thinking of someone precious to him, he was able to overcome Sebas's fear hax enough to move enough to not get his head punched into red mist. It's even pretty explicitly a sort of powerup, saying that as he did this, he "stepped into the realm of a first-rate warrior". As such, Sebas's page would be changed a little, as it doesn't seem like it's a weakness of his fear hax that cause Climb to barely overcome it, enough to move a couple inches at least, but rather Climb basically getting a shonen protag buff
She had picked up the life of his that had been thrown away along the roadside.
That would mean his life was no longer his own. He lived for Renner… to grant her joy, however minuscule it might be—
Isn’t there any way I can get out of this—!
The exploding passion within him burst the chains of fear that held him prisoner.
His hands could move.
His legs could move.
The eyes that sought only to be closed slowly opened, desperately seeking the image of the fist which was streaking in at him.
His senses were pushed to their very limit, to the point where he could even sense the faint movements of particles in the air.
There was a phenomenon called an “adrenaline rush,” where the brains of people in extreme duress would release the limits on their physical bodies, allowing for a burst of incredible power.
At the same time, the brain would secrete vast quantities of hormones and the mind’s full capacity would be focused on survival. The brain would compute vast quantities of information to find the best possible way to live on.
In that moment, Climb had stepped into the realm of a first-rate warrior.

Others:

Everyone who can use Magic should also get Resistance Negation, due to the Metamagic Penetrate.

Edit: Alternatively, since Evileye and Kelart both have used Penetrate Metamagic and know 4th and 5th tier magic, this could also be just applied to anyone with 4th or 5th tier magic
The two frontliners matched their movements and attacked, while Ulbert and Momonga cast their spells.
“[Boosted Magic - Magic Arrow]!”
“[Penetrate Magic - Slow]!”
Ulbert’s first-tier spell, which had been temporarily boosted in tier, streaked toward the boss, leaving a white trail in its wake.
Doing too much damage made hate management difficult, and it would be hard to control the flow of the battle. In order not to build too much hate, he
decided to use a weak spell.
As usual, Momonga was casting debuffs. Breaking through the enemy’s resistances was difficult, but if the debuffs managed to connect, it would greatly help his team.

The Skeletal Dragon's dura says:
Durability: Small Building level (Can take hits from high-ranked adventurers), far higher against magical attacks (Negates any spells up to the 6th Tier of magic, encompassing most known magic within the New World, including spells cast by Evileye)
The "far higher against magical attacks" should be removed. The Skeletal Dragon just nullifies magic up to the 6th tier, which is just powernull

Anyone with resistance to Mind manip should get Resistance to Telepathy, as it is treated as a psychic/mental attack, which is what resistance to mind manip in Overlord defends against, mental attacks in general
When a Doppelganger impersonated someone, it was more difficult for people closer to the target to see through their disguise. That was because they used a form of telepathy during their shapeshifting to read the surface thoughts of the people they were speaking to and those around them in order to extract information related to the target they were impersonating and then apply it to their impersonation act ― at least, that was what their entry in the monster encyclopedia said.

According to Pandora’s Actor, that ability had become real in this world. However, that was simply to discern the possible reactions that the impersonated subject might have, and it did not read minds or search through memories.
In addition, since this ability was a form of psychic attack, it was useless on Ainz and other undead creatures.

Agree: Zencha9, AbaddonTheDisappointment, InfiniteSped (Except on everyone who knows magic having Resistance Neg), InfiniteDay, CrimsonStarFallen (5th tier and above people get Resist Neg), Moritzva

Disagree:

Last edited:
i think supernatural willpower fits the Climb situation other than that i pretty much agree with everything

Supernatural willpower seems fine. I agree on everything although I believe "higher with Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown" should be kept because iirc the staff boosts his magic or something like that.

ah, yeah, took a bit too much off by accident when I was making it look cleaner lmao. I'll add that back in to part of it

Just because Ainz has a certain metamagic, it doesn't mean everyone else with spells can use it too, should only give it to people who have shown it.

Besides that, it seems fine.

Just because Ainz has a certain metamagic, it doesn't mean everyone else with spells can use it too, should only give it to people who have shown it.

Besides that, it seems fine.
except there's no reason for metamagic to be specific to certain people, considering even fodder like Lizardmen have shown the ability to use Metamagic

Metamagic is just a basic function of magic

Kelart can use Penetrate Metagmagic with a 4th tier spell, and can use 5th tier spells as well, and Evileye has also been shown to use it, and she's been seen to go up to 5th tier magic. So I think, at the very least, anyone who can cast 4th/5th tier magic should get it

I say you still have "Low 7-C with magic" in there, as it would at first Imply Ainz has Low 7-C physical AP without it.

I say you still have "Low 7-C with magic" in there, as it would at first Imply Ainz has Low 7-C physical AP without it.
It really doesn't. Tatsumaki for example from OPM just has her AP for what she's done with her psychic powers, with her SS as Unknown, instead of having her AP be listed as "Unknown, At least 5-C with psychic powers". The Striking Strength section is there for a reason.

Then I'd probably but it "With powers" in front of Tatsumaki's tiering, I agree we don't need to physicals on tier and AP for characters like Ainz and Tatsumaki but it should be a bit clarified.

It doesn't need to be. The fact there's a Striking Strength section is the clarification. That's all that's needed

Which do you agree with more on the Resistance Neg part, that anyone with magic should get it, or just those with like, 5th tier magic?

Edit: Alternatively, since Evileye and Kelart both have used Penetrate Metamagic and know 4th and 5th tier magic, this could also be just applied to anyone with 4th or 5th tier magic
Also yeah, if the evidence for Penetrate Metamagic only starts with the 5th tier magic, then it should probably be applied to them and above.

I don't see an issue with any of this.

So since everyone, including staff, have agreed, with only point of contention being what people get Resist neg for Penetrate metamagic, I'll prob be applying this on the weekend, assuming no other problems pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back